This product has been replaced by the Plunger kit Mk II.
I am pleased to announce the Oak Micros plunger kit. It provides an integrated potentiometer plunger solution that only needs a real Williams/Bally pinball plunger and controller hardware to read the potentiometer such as the Oak Micros Pinscape All-in-One board.
Using a real pinball plunger is a well-known technique for providing positional information to virtual pinball software. One of the simplest and most effective position sensors is a linear potentiometer, whereby the resistance changes according to the position of the potentiometer. The difficulty is always how best to attach the potentiometer to the plunger and wire it into the controller hardware such as Pinscape.
The Oak Micros plunger kit solves this problem by providing an integrated solution that is plug and play. The plunger kit has the following features:
- A ready-built tested and supported product that eliminates the effort and headaches of DIY.
- A mounting frame for the potentiometer and three #10 screws that also eliminates the need for a traditional plunger metal mounting plate.
- A 10K ohm Bourns linear potentiometer and slider attachment.
- A blue spring (part number 266-5001-05) that has less tension than a normal plunger spring which improves the feel of the plunger. A stiff spring is not needed when there is no physical ball to move.
- Cable and connection header for direct wiring into your Pinscape hardware.
The Oak Micros plunger kit contains the following components as shown in the picture below:
- Plunger frame with screwed in potentiometer, slider attachment, and cable header
- Blue spring
- Cable for connection to Pinscape
- Three #10 screws to attach the plunger frame to the Williams/Bally plunger housing
As with all Oak Micros products, the plunger kit comes with a complete user guide. The kit costs $25.
Edited by MikePinball, 20 July 2020 - 03:07 PM.