I am pleased to announce the Pinscape V2 All-in-One (AIO). It is 100% compatible with Pinscape V2 and contains all the functionality of the Pinscape main board, power output board, and chime board integrated into a single circuit board. The only changes are the addition of 3 power indicator LEDs and the use of pluggable screw terminal blocks (for a total of 128 connections). Here is a picture:
See my recent append "Why Pinscape". At the end I list some areas of improvement that are addressed by the Pinscape All-in-One:
- Single, integrated board with all the Pinscape V2 function
- Improved and more flexible connector instead of crimping 0.1 headers
- A ready-built tested and supported product that eliminates the effort and headaches of DIY PCB soldering (which can cost ~$190 for everything you need).
My objective is to provide a solution for people who want to upgrade their older setup to use the more modern pincab controller or for newbies just getting started. I have also provided a user guide that explains all of the connections on the board. The full kit contains the following items as shown in the picture below:
- 6.8” square circuit board with Pinscape V2 functionality and serial number label (as shown in the picture above)
- 16 pluggable screw terminal blocks used for the 128 on-board connections
- 4 PCB standoffs with associated screws
- 2 TSAL6400 IR LEDs
- 1 TSOP38238 IR receiver
- Original KL25Z box and short USB cable
An important aspect for any product is that it is fully tested before being shipped to customers. The picture below shows my testing rig which I use to test every input and output on each the Pinscape AIO board.
Edit: Fix to a font problem only for better readability on a phone.
Edited by MikePinball, 09 August 2019 - 02:22 AM.