#1 MikePinball

MikePinball

Oak Micros Pinball Products

• Platinum Supporter
  • 404 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Space Invaders

Posted 05 August 2020 - 07:54 PM

I am pleased to announce the availability of the Oak Micros Fuse and Resistor Board MK II which replaces the now discontinued MK I board. Properly fusing output devices such as solenoids and motors is important to prevent damage to either the controller board such as the Oak Micros Pinscape AIO or the actual device itself.

The MK II board uses pluggable screw connectors for wiring convenience and comes with 4 PCB standoffs. The board is smaller than the MK I board, has better placement of the mounting holes, and provides a "straight-thru" wiring path. The fuse clips fit either 5mm x 20mm or 5mm x 15mm (2AG) fuses. Documentation is provided in a user guide.

One variation of the MK II board contains a maximum of 16 fuses instead of the 32 on the MK I board. Here is a picture of the 16 fuse board:

16fuseboard.jpg

A second variation of this board contains 15 resistors and one fuse clip. The 15 resistors are used with 5 RGB LED flashers, which simulate flashing lamps on a real table. The resistors come in two values; one supports 330mA for 1W or 3W LEDs and the other supports 470mA for brighter 3W LEDs only. Here is a picture of the 330mA resistor board:

330maresistorboard.jpg

The cost of these boards is $12 $13 each. Two of these boards are also included in the Oak Micros All-in-One builders kit.

If you are interested in one of these valuable additions to your cab, please email me at o a k m i c r o s at austin dot rr dot com rather than using messaging on this forum.

Edited by MikePinball, 03 January 2021 - 10:25 PM.

MikePinball (dba Oak Micros). I have sold a number of electronic boards for virtual pinball cabs such as Pinscape All-in-One, Pinscape Lite, Plunger Kit, Rotary Encoder, Fuse board, Resistor board, Pinball Addressable LEDs (PAL) board, and RGB Flipper/Magnasave board with clear buttons. I am currently taking a break but will continue to support existing customers. See my home page for more details.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: oakmicros, fuses