BEEJAY72

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: PINBOT

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:44 AM

Ive just installed rev1606 and there appears to be no default table, I have JP's smurf table and the 3 material tables, but I cannot seem to find the default table. Is it included in the zip or do you have to download some place else ?

#222 randr

randr

I'm just a hardware guy so...

• VIP
  • 2,650 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:49 AM

Default table is file, new

randr___pinball.png                         

#223 BEEJAY72

BEEJAY72

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Favorite Pinball: PINBOT

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:54 AM

Thanks randr.  :facepalm:

#224 freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

A Faint Ghost Through the Raindrops

• VIP
  • 3,334 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek, Black Hole, AFM, Fast Draw, Tron, AMH

• 360 Gamer Tag: sixgunsounddd

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:44 AM

Would posting a beta table in this thread be a good idea or not? I don't want to start a new thread or upload this since it would be vp10 beta only

#225 Arcade4

Arcade4

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

• Favorite Pinball: AC/DC

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:03 AM

Would posting a beta table in this thread be a good idea or not? I don't want to start a new thread or upload this since it would be vp10 beta only

Probably has to be approved.

But the more stuff to play with the happier I will be. 

#226 BananaBoat

BananaBoat

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Tron LE

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:11 AM

I say upload, gives me something to do on this Sunday night before work again tomorrow

#227 freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

• VIP
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:33 AM

OK for fun, here's Verne's World. It's very playable it has some of the new things from VP10 based on my time with the beta and some input from UW. There's a very basic desktop view in there, you have to go to Backdrop and change to "Use DT"

Additionally, I do not understand the rom navigation fully, and it's my understanding that the default ROM settings have a very low volume, so I've included my nvram file that hopefully helps you hear things.

It's an odd table, it's fun, it has neat toys, and if you can get the shots you can have some fun multiball. The targets on the left for "Balloon" - hit those to enable it. If you hit a ball up the left loop when balloon is ready, the ball will enter the balloon ball lock. gtxjoe scripted the whole balloon lock for me and it's the best thing about this table. It locks 3 balls for multiball. In the middle of the table are the "Volcano" targets, hitting these will enable the volcano shot, which just starts a 2 ball multiball. The volcano shot is obviously right under the volcano. The target to the right of that, "Octopus" enable the octopus lock. If you hit the ball to the top of the submarine area, (on the playfield) the ball kicks up to the cave on the top right and the Octopus grabs the ball. It holds 2 balls and starts a 3 ball multiball. It gets a little more complicated when you lock in both the octopus and balloon...but you can figure it out from there.

I do have one bug, where 2 balls enter the kicker two quickly and they don't launch. It happens so rarely, it will be fixed soon though.

I'm still learning vp10 but feel like I got pretty far on this one and I would just like to see more tables so we can all try to find some bugs...

Please don't spend time in this thread discussing the table, PM me if you have table related issues, and post here / in the bug tracker if you have VP related issues.

Since this isn't a final release I hope just posting a box link is ok. If the dev team or an admin has issues with this please let me know a better way!

https://app.box.com/...pxu8furha6i8pvq

iKoPn9o.jpg

#228 BananaBoat

BananaBoat

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Tron LE

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:57 AM

not sure what im doing wrong, but i cant get this game to start at all?

it loads up, just wont accept credits and wont respond at all.

#229 LoadedWeapon

LoadedWeapon

The Night Owl..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek TNG

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:06 AM

PM him about the table save this for VP.. but put his NVram in and you have to wait.. it will play music awhile then like it's checking the rom when the lights come on then you can put in coins.. try 3 to add coins

Edited by LoadedWeapon, 01 February 2015 - 07:08 AM.

#230 Arcade4

Arcade4

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

• Favorite Pinball: AC/DC

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:15 AM

Thanks for the download Frenetic.

Nice to have another table to play. :)

#231 freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

• VIP
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:08 AM

ok quick response, 5 key doesn't insert coins, need to use 3, I'll probably have to modify the spinball vbs since I'm also doing Jolly Park and it's got the same setup. (and they're the only 2 Spinball tables - mach2 is technically inder so I'd call the inder vbs if I was going to make that)

Hope this helps! Now break stuff to assist in vp10 development! :)

#232 TedB

TedB

Pinball Fan

• Charter Member
  • 705 posts

• Flag: Netherlands

• Favorite Pinball: those with non virtual steel balls

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:25 AM

One suggestion for VP10 - a default high score table (variable list of 10 high scores) that can be used for originals / romless tables. 

Most EMs have the highscore post-it and that is great but gives only the highest score. Would be nice to have something similar to FPFP has this already set up for years, VP being more ROM orientated probably lacks this option because the rom usually takes care of that. 

Hyperpin can't read the current high score values of romless tables, because - as far as I know - every author declares his own variables. It seems like better for consistency and probably also easier for the authors.  

Edited by TedB, 01 February 2015 - 10:26 AM.

#233 takut

takut

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Tales of the Arabian Night

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:31 AM

Not sure if this is a bug or only a settings issue, but it seems that the ball is not round if the ball is into the upper playfield. Its looks like an egg. If the ball is rolling down to the lower playfield the ball get more round. First I think that this is coming due to the view change from desktop table to cabinet table from the papa smurf table. But now, on the second table from freneticamnesic it's the same.

I try all three options from the video menu "Ball aspect ratio for stretched Tables" but it's always the same.

Here are some screenshots:

Papa Smurf:

Upper Playfiled, lower Playfield, Backdrop settings

Attached File  up_ps.jpg   54.3KB   36 downloads Attached File  lp_ps.jpg   47.79KB   29 downloads Attached File  backdrop_ps.jpg   27.46KB   34 downloads

Vernes World:

Attached File  up_vw.jpg   82.95KB   32 downloads Attached File  lp_vw.jpg   49.19KB   31 downloads Attached File  backdrop_vw.jpg   28.67KB   35 downloads

Edited by takut, 01 February 2015 - 10:35 AM.

#234 chepas

chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: BSD, Tr0n, SW:Stern

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:38 AM

Think I've spotted why I haven't been able to get the holes to show in playfield (not a fake playfield surface). When you go into Camera mode they appear to work but loading table normally they're don't appear.

Bump maps are the new auto-tune :BDH:
VPX - RSS Updates ---- blog.flippingflips.xyz/en/ -- Visual Pinball No.1 (2021) . Est.2000

#235 freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

• VIP
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:51 AM

Not sure if this is a bug or only a settings issue, but it seems that the ball is not round if the ball is into the upper playfield. Its looks like an egg. If the ball is rolling down to the lower playfield the ball get more round. First I think that this is coming due to the view change from desktop table to cabinet table from the papa smurf table. But now, on the second table from freneticamnesic it's the same.

I try all three options from the video menu "Ball aspect ratio for stretched Tables" but it's always the same.

Here are some screenshots:

Papa Smurf:

attachicon.gifup_ps.jpg attachicon.giflp_ps.jpg attachicon.gifbackdrop_ps.jpg

Vernes World:

attachicon.gifup_vw.jpg attachicon.giflp_vw.jpg attachicon.gifbackdrop_vw.jpg

This is because the ball is an actual 3d object now, so FOV settings affect the ball where it didn't in VP9. FOV is supposed to be used to give a more realistic view of the pinball playfield, in my case I try to make it look best as I would be standing at my cab (I actually toned it down from what I'd prefer) - it seems to bother some people more than others but I'm not really sure they can fix it and keep it a 3d mesh.............

#236 freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

• VIP
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 11:11 AM

Think I've spotted why I haven't been able to get the holes to show in playfield (not a fake playfield surface). When you go into Camera mode they appear to work but loading table normally they're don't appear.

Odd....working for me.......

#237 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

• Flag: Austria

• Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 01 February 2015 - 11:23 AM

I took the 'do not stretch the ball' and it keeps it round. At least here at my cab.

#238 chepas

chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: BSD, Tr0n, SW:Stern

Posted 01 February 2015 - 11:36 AM

Working properly and not just showing the alpha layer black? Not sure how to fix it, but definitely only working in camera mode because it shows the backdrop through hole there

Bump maps are the new auto-tune :BDH:
VPX - RSS Updates ---- blog.flippingflips.xyz/en/ -- Visual Pinball No.1 (2021) . Est.2000

#239 Chef Balsay

Chef Balsay

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

• Flag: Italy

• Favorite Pinball: Data East/Stern Pinballs

• 360 Gamer Tag: Balsayland126

Posted 01 February 2015 - 11:48 AM

Yesterday I downloaded and tried VP10, and I can say that I'm pretty well.

If you want watch my VP10 demostration, this is the video

Chef Balsay

My storyline of VP here: https://www.youtube....reJRTR-yLRUxrH3

#240 kiwi

kiwi

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 2,524 posts

• Flag: Italy

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek 25th Anniversary

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:00 PM

With Fren's Vernes World, the ball almost always invisible, it seems like missing refreshments.

Max

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VP10