Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 394 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Back to the Future

Posted 19 September 2016 - 07:35 PM

This news made me sad..  

http://www.avclub.co...-and-voi-242772

So as a bit of a tribute I figured why not let other people give my table a try!!

Attached File  Behold.jpg   73.38KB   44 downloads

Aqua Something Something The Pinball

or

Aqua Teen Hunger Force The Pinball

or

How I learned to stop worrying and love the timer.

The table is based off of the first season of the Adult Swim show Aqua Teen Hunger Force..  if you don't know what that is..  do yourself a favor and go watch a few episodes..  they are short so you are out nothing but the brain cells you will lose in doing so :P

I have been working on this FOREVER!!!  This was the first table I started working on..  decided I didn't know what I was doing..  Modded New Wave..  went back to this..  decided I didn't know what I was doing..  Build Black Hole..  decided I didn't know.....  etc etc.  I come back to it every so often and run through the whole thing..  Last I messed with it was a while ago and that was a major bug squashing session.  So good news for you should be able to play the table without to many show stopping bugs.  It's dew for a run through again..  once I finish up another project or two I will be back on this for a major run through..  but until then you can enjoy wit for what it is..  still lots to do but you will get the idea of where I'm going with it!!!  Most of the graphics, models, music are placeholders that will eventually end up being permanent :P

There are "rules" at the top of the script..  basically hit ramps, drop targets and whatnot..  you know..  pinball stuff

If you find bugs, you can post them..  but unfortunately they would have to be crazy specific..  cuz they will boil down to this random thing and this random thing were happening then this stopped doing something that sorta stuff..

If anyone wants to help finish this up I'll take what I can get..  just post here as my inbox is pretty much full..  Like I said I don't plan on working on this again for a bit so no rush...

Anywho....  here is the link to everything you will need..  table uses UltraDMD and a B2S backglass...  but they can also be disabled via the script...  It also has bootleg DOF calls for flashers and cabinet lighting..  nothing too fancy....

https://www.dropbox....dHMuOorOna?dl=0

Enjoy!!

-cyberpez

Attached Files

#2 headtrip888

headtrip888

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Taxi

Posted 19 September 2016 - 07:41 PM

Number 1 in tha hood, G.

Edited by headtrip888, 19 September 2016 - 07:41 PM.

#3 SPARKY70

SPARKY70

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

• Favorite Pinball: FUNHOUSE

Posted 23 September 2016 - 01:34 AM

very cool!!, just found this. my wife and i have been fans since around 2003ish.

back in 2008 they had a contest to be Carl in a live action episode.

i submitted a video look alike entry  but did not win, mostly because i dont look like carl, but could impersonate many voices very well.

i did get an email from them asking to give them the right to include my "audition" along with many others as a special DVD Extra.

i never responded either way, and have always been curious if it was added or not.

i think your table idea is great, and wish i knew how to finish it, but i dont know what im doing........

just showed my wife, and she had to play it immediately, even though she just finished telling me she didnt want to play pinball right now....

thanks/sparky

Edited by SPARKY70, 23 September 2016 - 01:36 AM.

#4 cyberpez

cyberpez

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 394 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 02:17 PM

Glad you found it and glad you are enjoying it!!  It's been a labor of love :P  What season was it going to be on?  Pretty cool story either way!!

I was lucky enough to accidentally tune into the premier while waiting for DBZ to start my first year in college..  Was hooked ever since!!!

As for completing it..  I haven't either :P

Basic rules to start the different modes...  

The Rabbot, Mothman and Leprechauns are started randomly by completed the DR targets on the lower right hand corner..

To complete the Rabbot mode you have to hit him three times at each position.

To beat the MothMan you have to hit each of the ramps once that correspond to the blinking light.

To start the Leprechauns you have to hit a hidden kicker at the top mid of the playfield with a strong shot up the Fry Lane..  then drop the three targets that pop up..  then hit each leprechaun 3 times each

For Carls Pool Party you have to hit the pool ramp three times (to trick out the pool) and open the ball lock..  then lock two ball in the pool

For Mooninights you have to shoot the moon loop (ramp) three times and hit all the other things 3 times each

For Meat Mania Multiball..  hit the Meat Ramp 4 times..  then score jackpots by hitting the meat ramp over and over again...

For the Shake Wave..  Just hit Shake (6?) times then lock the ball..  not much to this one yet..

For I Need Candy..  Drop the targets over by MC Pee Pants 2 times ..  this mode needs something more also..

For Mooninights Revenge..  you have to have completed both the normal Mooninights and also Carls Pool Party..  then shoot either the Moon Loop or the Pool Ramp to start...  This mode could be broken..  been a long time since I actually got that far in the table...  but it has a Foreigner Belt!!!!!!!!

#5 freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

A Faint Ghost Through the Raindrops

• VIP
  • 3,334 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek, Black Hole, AFM, Fast Draw, Tron, AMH

• 360 Gamer Tag: sixgunsounddd

Posted 23 September 2016 - 02:21 PM

The pills make the phone calls go away

#6 yagesz

yagesz

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 303 posts

• Favorite Pinball: TAF, TSPP, Metallica, CV

Posted 23 September 2016 - 05:17 PM

Anyone that cares. I pulled this image from the WWW for Pinballx

http://i.cdn.turner..../05/21/ATHF.png

I like. Table has potential

#7 SPARKY70

SPARKY70

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

• Favorite Pinball: FUNHOUSE

Posted 23 September 2016 - 08:59 PM

thanks for the rules update. i just looked into the DVD i may be on. it is known as Volume 7 (im guessing also season 7) ive never seen it//sparky

#8 ScottyVH

ScottyVH

Novice player, but love the game!

• Silver Supporter
  • 443 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, Cirqus Voltaire, Simpson's Pinball Party

Posted 24 September 2016 - 01:45 PM

I like it so far.  I also made an attempt at a wheel... 

aquateenhungerforcewheel..png

test5.gif

#9 arngrim

arngrim

DJ Force Feedback

• VIP
  • 2,188 posts

• Flag: Belgium

• Favorite Pinball: Monster bash

Posted 24 September 2016 - 05:29 PM

looks really cool, will try it at some point :)

#10 32assassin

32assassin

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 853 posts

• Favorite Pinball: terminator 2

Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:23 PM

thanks 

if you are interested in making DMD backglasses

Attached File  athf.png   1.53MB   18 downloads

Attached File  athf2.png   1.65MB   16 downloads

My Files
http://www.vpforums....4de64a621eccd40
My Table List
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlaxLrXlPOU
See a table you like, help me complete it by finding the missing resources
https://www.dropbox....xTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

#11 ViriiGuy

ViriiGuy

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 125 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Pinbot, Indiana Jones, Adams Family

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:25 AM

YES!!! I must have this!

#12 MnHotRod

MnHotRod

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Congo

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:01 AM

Just found this via your magna save post in the Stranger Things thread. Sweet!

#13 gigalula

gigalula

Hummmm not sure yet :)

• Platinum Supporter
  • 651 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: All of them from 70' to now. Even more with VP and FP :)

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:22 PM

#14 cyberpez

cyberpez

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 394 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:29 PM

Glad you guys are enjoying it!!  I've been slowly giving everything a visual update.  New ramps, Shake, Apron and Pool are in.  I also fixed up the texture on the rabot.  Slow going, but it's coming along!!

Attached Files

#15 scottywic

scottywic

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 191 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Fathom, Scared Stiff, Hobbit, BK2K, Whitewater

• 360 Gamer Tag: scottywic

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:06 AM

hows this coming along? New version to test?

*****************************************************************************************************************
Do you do 3d Modeling & Want to help Design Original Tables? Please Message me! =)
*****************************************************************************************************************
scottywic___desktop-mfke3vq.png

#16 cyberpez

cyberpez

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 394 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:17 PM

Beta 2 time!!!

Between putting off working on HH and putting off finishing up redoing the plastics for FH (sorry wrd) I've been working on this.  Lots and Lots of graphic "improvements"  (new primitives and toys and whatnot) few gameplay changes.. and probably the same old bugs.  Still lots to do but in the home stretch now.  

If any of those audio/music/sound effect people out there are interested in creating some custom music and sounds for the table hit me up!!!

Anywho.. here you go!!

Table:

https://www.dropbox...._beta2.zip?dl=0

Accessories:

https://www.dropbox....sories.zip?dl=0

Attached Files

#17 SickBoy

SickBoy

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Favorite Pinball: White Water

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:31 AM

Oh man how did I miss this table?! ATHF is easily in my top 3 list of shows of all time... though I was a little disappointed that this wasn't an envisioning of the ridiculous table Shake gets in later seasons (don't even think something like that would be possible in VP), haha :D

Really great table so far! Definitely going to be one of my favorite custom tables for sure. Played a dozen or so rounds so far (beta2 of the table, most recent beta4 of VPX), and these are some of the things I've noticed (assuming you're up for criticism... obviously this is your baby, so hopefully I don't come off as pushy or demanding). I don't know if any would necessarily be considered bugs, so perhaps just general notes:

• The ball is never auto-launched after a ball save. While not necessary, during multiball it can be a bit strange and easy to exploit.
  • Ball saves feel way too abundant... to the point where I thought the ball count was bugged initially. Perhaps adding a few steps to the process such as a final timed shot would make it a bit more of a challenge.
  • The pop bumpers feel very weak and could probably use a boost in power.
  • After draining a ball while in a mode, the delay until the ball is loaded back into the launcher is pretty severe. A more immediate acknowledgement of a failed mode (and ball reload) would be much appreciated.
  • The light rays from the lamps on the slingshots could use a bit of tweaking, as they're pretty funky looking at the moment (especially with darker environmental lighting).
  • Rabbot and Mooninites lose collision before they go away. The Rabbot in particular loses it frequently while it's preparing to move to a new location.
  • (bug) Certain conditions can cause the the draining of a ball to never return it to the launcher. I'm still researching what is causing this, but I *think* it may have something to do with how certain modes are ended. In particular I suspect that the I Want Candy mode is causing issues. I'll continue to test it out to see if I can't find something reproducible to report. Update: Hmm, nope not that. Will keep testing. It happens very, very frequently.
  • (bug) I Want Candy never seems to end. Still need to test this a bit more to make sure that something else wasn't going on, but on at least one session I must have hit every target 6+ times and it just never completed. Glancing through the script I'm not actually even seeing a condition for it to end outside of an actual ball drain.
  • (bug) Completed mode lights aren't reset from game to game (unless you restart the table completely).
  • (bug) The ball can very easily get stuck behind Carl's pool. Nudging can get it out most of the time, but every now and then even that doesn't work.

Other than that I'm really enjoying it so far and once sounds are fully fleshed out this is going to be an amazing addition. Definitely a wonderful "by a fan, for fans" creation that transcends token references. Wasn't sure what I'd think about it being focused on season 1 (which didn't necessarily age super well), but you've done a fantastic job!

Edited by SickBoy, 23 September 2017 - 04:36 PM.

#18 cyberpez

cyberpez

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 394 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:02 PM

Cool, glad you found it!!!  An yeah its definitely a "by a fan, for fans" table.  The show premiered my freshmen year in collage.  I had stayed up to watch DBZ and was blown away by ATHF and Sea Lab..  

and great feedback!!

Should be able to add in the auto-launcher no problem.  Yeah ball saves are pretty abundant..  you get one for lighting all 4 A-T-H-F lights..  maybe I could bump it up to doing that 2x times?  or maybe an option?  hmmm

Bumpers will be fixed.

I'll see about speeding up the ball drain -> ball launch.  I already sped it up quite a bit.  Way back (pry when the table was still in vp9) I had to have it so slow otherwise it would not always save all the states of things...  I'll look into it though.

as for everything with the I Want Candy mode.. that was a new addition..  and yes, currently it only ends on ball drain...  what do you think would be better?  timed? or?

Yeah the flood lights suck, need to figure that out.

But yeah, thanks for giving it some play and for the feedback.  Unfortunately the table is at a state where the bugs are pretty specific and random.  Kinda have to play to find them...  but the good thing is you can actually play for a while with no show stopping bugs!!!!!!

#19 cyberpez

cyberpez

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 394 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:12 PM

Here is an updated beta 2..  Took SickBoy's suggestions and ran with most all of them...  Most bugs he mentioned should be fixed.....  maybe?

2 new options..  INeedCandyMode is now timer base..  30 or 60 seconds..  and ball save is set to either 1x A-T-H-F or 2x A-T-H-F lights..

I think I fixed all the object not being hit while still hit-table (Mooninites, rabbot etc)  If I missed any let me know..?

I think I got all the lights/modes not being reset at the end of the game..  gosh how did I miss all of those :hmm: 

I didn't mess with the End/Fail Events taking to long at ball drain..  sorry that ones a project in itself. 

https://www.dropbox...._beta2.zip?dl=0

#20 SickBoy

SickBoy

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Favorite Pinball: White Water

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:36 PM

Cool, glad you found it!!!  An yeah its definitely a "by a fan, for fans" table.  The show premiered my freshmen year in collage.  I had stayed up to watch DBZ and was blown away by ATHF and Sea Lab..

Same here, same age as well when it premiered. My friends and I were completely obsessed with that whole generation of crazy shows with ATHF and SL2021 being our bread and butter. I'm a huuuuge Space Ghost Coast to Coast fan too (my pincab has a big ol' painting I did of Space Ghost staring dumbfounded at the plunger). As well as Brak Show, etc... pretty much anything from the early [AS] days that all utilized a similar animation style and shared group of writers/actors/etc.

• Ball Saves: If they acted more like temporary ball save windows (30 seconds or so maybe?) rather than extra balls then I think their abundance wouldn't be an issue even with only needing 1x ATHF. If you wanted actual extra balls as well, then maybe a final shot somewhere else that has to be made while the temporary ball save is active (like Shake's hole, or maybe even a randomly chosen one)? That'd probably be less burdensome than a completely new sequence of actions.
  • I Need Candy mode: Well, I think the initializing of the mode works pretty well in the context of the show. But maybe once MC P Pants is revealed as the spider he is, the goal is to get him into Pizza Potamus and blow him up. The pop-up targets in the middle of the table could be changed to pictures of dynamite (or gas cans, or whatever... it isn't specified in the show) that need to be collected, and once X amount are gained a final lane shot (or series of shots) lights up to lure MC P Pants in. Bam, mode complete! For extra challenge the mode could certainly be on a timer (I'm definitely a fan of the pressure that timers put on the player)... though that's kind of the case with any mode, so it's a matter of how difficult you want it.

Bugs (updated beta2):

• Had an issue where Meatwad's multiball started, a single ball immediately drained, and the table thought that it was the only ball on the table and ended the round. I'm assuming it was *so* quick of a drain that the mode wasn't technically active yet, but not 100% on that. I've been trying to intentionally reproduce it, but it's such a seemingly time-sensitive issue that I'm having difficulty. Even if it's not a timing thing (sometimes it seems to happen when multiball has been active for a bit), it only happens in multiball. Not sure if Carl's Pool multiball has the same problem.
  • Related to the previous bug: had another Meatwad multiball and all 3 balls drained simultaneously.... and the DMD/sounds went totally bonkers. It was like 20 Ol' Drippy's at once. Pretty hilarious and terrifying.
  • Ball save doesn't work during multiball anymore. It works when the final ball in multiball is drained (and multiball has ended), but not during.
  • Sounds in general are pretty inconsistently triggered, and often don't get interrupted when necessary. For example: if you drain your ball while the Mooninites are doing their intro speech, they keep rambling instead of being cut off. It happens all the time and with pretty much every sound though.
  • The new I Need Candy mode timer isn't working. It's still an endless mode. Glancing at the script, I'm not seeing any incrementation of the timer, so the step check is always going to be at 0. (side note: I'm a programmer, but I've never messed with VP scripting so I may just be ignorant of how various built in functionality works... my apologies if I'm ever wrong with script-related stuff)
  • There's still something occurring that causes a drained ball to never be reloaded and thus the table becomes unplayable. So far the common denominator is that I Need Candy mode is active, though I *have* had that mode properly end on drained balls so... still not sure what's going on. This might actually be an issue where the final ball drain isn't triggering the ending DMD/reset sequence, as it seems to happen mostly (always?) when I'm on the last ball. I keep forgetting to check what ball I'm on when it happens.
  • The trigger for a successful shot on Meatwad's ramp and behind Carl's pool aren't in positions that guarantee the shot was actually successful, so sometimes the ball will come back down but the table will think it was a proper hit. Carl's pool in particular is very easy to cheese and a single ball can actually trigger two 'successes'.
  • Sometimes the pop-ups in the middle of the table during I Need Candy require multiple hits when I don't think they're supposed to. Seems very inconsistent, but without impact sounds it's hard to tell if it's just that VPX isn't registering hits when it should be or not. I'm wondering if this is an issue where the next random drop target to pop up is actually the same one, and thus appears like the hit didn't register. A delay between the target going down and the new one coming up would solve this if that's the case... or a condition to not select the same one when rolling the dice.

Confirmed Fixed:

• Mode lights are all properly resetting with new games.
  • Mooninites and Rabbot are solid when they should be.

Edited by SickBoy, 27 September 2017 - 01:41 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cyberpez, athf, Aqua Teen Hunger Force