Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

CV_DMD_Release_2.1.rar [Visual Pinball X]

Cirqus Voltaire Bally VPX

  • Please log in to reply
288 replies to this topic

#61 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:55 PM

For this table I should replace the DMD made with a textbox with a flasher, then you can get it behind the ramps, like in the image, and it looks more like the real thing :)

 

attachicon.gifclipboard.jpg

 

Any chance the steps to convert the textbox to a flasher are stated somewhere?  ie: what parameters are input in the flasher object and what script do we need, if any, added to the table script?  Thanks!!

 

 

Best Regards,

Kruge99.


[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#62 mssmison

mssmison

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: bally

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:44 PM

I actually designed my cab with the same layout as CV. Here's a picture from when I was planning everything out.

EfHZl5e.jpg

 

And here's the effect on spiderman.

 

EaeMUvT.jpg?1

 

 

I'm so happy with how it turned out I never ended up putting the back box back onto the cab. 


Edited by mssmison, 12 March 2016 - 04:45 PM.


#63 sliderpoint

sliderpoint

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Location:Spokane, WA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Metallica

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:00 PM

For this table I should replace the DMD made with a textbox with a flasher, then you can get it behind the ramps, like in the image, and it looks more like the real thing :)

 

attachicon.gifclipboard.jpg

 

How did you get it to work with multiple colors?

 

-Mike



#64 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:17 PM

On the real machine, when the ball is rolling down the left or right ramp, it's falling onto the playfield and rolling slightly upwards before beginning rolling downwards. I wonder if this behavior would be possible to implement...



#65 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,383 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:18 PM

 

For this table I should replace the DMD made with a textbox with a flasher, then you can get it behind the ramps, like in the image, and it looks more like the real thing :)

 

attachicon.gifclipboard.jpg

 

Any chance the steps to convert the textbox to a flasher are stated somewhere?  ie: what parameters are input in the flasher object and what script do we need, if any, added to the table script?  Thanks!!

 

 

Best Regards,

Kruge99.

 

 

I simply deleted the textbox. Then I added a flasher to the table. Set the Height to 180 and Rotx to -90. To make the Flasher display the DMD you simply need to check the "Use Script DMC". Then you simply adjust the flasher by moving the control points so it looks nice and in the right spot.

 

 

For this table I should replace the DMD made with a textbox with a flasher, then you can get it behind the ramps, like in the image, and it looks more like the real thing :)

 

attachicon.gifclipboard.jpg

 

How did you get it to work with multiple colors?

 

-Mike

 

 

The get the DMD to display the colors you need the latest vpinmame, and then you change in the script the line:

 

Dim UseVPMDMD:UseVPMDMD = DesktopMode

 

with

 

Dim UseVPMColoredDMD:UseVPMColoredDMD = DesktopMode

 

But you need also to run the vpinmame setup.exe and click on the setup defaults at check the Colorize DMD. Now you can change the colors of many DMD. There are other threads about using colors in the DMD, just do a search :)


Edited by jpsalas, 12 March 2016 - 06:19 PM.

If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#66 ninuzzu

ninuzzu

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

  • Flag: Italy

  • Favorite Pinball: Tommy, BDK, Hook and many more....

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:19 PM

Thanks JP, very nice feature

 

 

Thanks Carny.  It's interesting that Feature adjustment 46 is not available on all rom versions for this table.  For example, I use the cv_14 rom and it does not have this option (I believe the feature adjustments only go up to 31 with this rom).  Rom version cv_20h has feature adjustment 46 and cv_20hc likely does as well.

 

I like to use roms requiring credits and for some reason the only rom version I can't get working is cv_20hc.  I have deleted my copy of this rom and redownloaded it.  When I run the table with this rom selected in the script, I get the rom not found error.  Very strange.

 

Oh well, the cv_14 rom seems to be working with Dozer's awesome table, so I'll stick with it for now.

 

 

If you open the script there are a lot of customizable options, rom selection too. So if you want to use the rom with credits (cv_20hc) all you need to do is comment line 35 and uncomment line 36

'Const cGameName = "cv_20h" 'home rom without credits
Const cGameName = "cv_20hc" 'arcade rom with credits

Edited by ninuzzu, 12 March 2016 - 06:22 PM.

Videotutorials: plastic ramps in blender------>part1     part2


#67 mssmison

mssmison

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: bally

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:41 PM

I had a couple interesting things happen this morning when the ball was being kicked off the ringmasters head when he's first activated. I haven't played this table in real life more than a handful of times so I'm not sure if it's normal but once it kicked the ball directly into the right ramp and another time it actually dropped perfected into the lock ball lane.



#68 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:17 PM

If the authors are interested:

 

I revised the flipper area: flipper position, size, angles and physics. And the inlanes. To prevent weird and unnatural ball behavior.

And I changed the ball size to 52 (I find this more realistic) and made the ringmaster a little bit higher (it looked so squished in FS).

 

https://www.dropbox.... Redux.rar?dl=0


Edited by ClarkKent, 12 March 2016 - 07:18 PM.


#69 bolt

bolt

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,172 posts
  • Location:Kiel / Schleswig Holstein

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:32 PM

@JPSalas: Hi JP thank you for help with the DMD in the DT view.

 

Where can I check the "Use Script DMC".

 

 

OK, found the feature in the 10.1 Beta.

I make a new flasher, check the "Use Script DMC" and now?

I can't see the DMD,

 

Any advice?


Edited by bolt, 12 March 2016 - 09:13 PM.

Posted Image

#70 ninuzzu

ninuzzu

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

  • Flag: Italy

  • Favorite Pinball: Tommy, BDK, Hook and many more....

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:44 PM

I had a couple interesting things happen this morning when the ball was being kicked off the ringmasters head when he's first activated. I haven't played this table in real life more than a handful of times so I'm not sure if it's normal but once it kicked the ball directly into the right ramp and another time it actually dropped perfected into the lock ball lane.

 

If the game awarded you with a "Sneaky Lock" then it's normal, the ringmaster kick is random and sometimes it does those things


Videotutorials: plastic ramps in blender------>part1     part2


#71 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:14 PM

Yes, but the Sneaky Lock happens too often. I think it's because the Ringmaster is/was 90 in height. I increased it to 100 and it does not happen anymore that often...



#72 STAT

STAT

    Pinball and Arcade Freak

  • VIP
  • 4,985 posts
  • Location:Wels - Austria

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:52 PM

JP, Dozer, please help with the DMD in "Flasher", i did all the Steps (delete TextBox1, add a Flasher, check: use Script DMD, resize and move Flasher) as you said ... but DMD is still overlayed, as before.

and i think this should be "use Script DMD" ...

 

This looks  b r i l l i a n t  (Dozers last Screen) !!!! :tup:

toxie, this is "ein echter Hammer", thanks ;)


Edited by STAT, 12 March 2016 - 10:26 PM.


#73 Ben Logan

Ben Logan

    Pinball Wizard

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: System 11

Posted 12 March 2016 - 11:42 PM

That warm and glowy DMD is indeed a beautiful sight to behold.



#74 DKong

DKong

    Pinball Fan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 600 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: IJ (Williams), TOM, AFM

Posted 13 March 2016 - 12:31 AM

 

Thanks JP, very nice feature

 

 

Thanks Carny.  It's interesting that Feature adjustment 46 is not available on all rom versions for this table.  For example, I use the cv_14 rom and it does not have this option (I believe the feature adjustments only go up to 31 with this rom).  Rom version cv_20h has feature adjustment 46 and cv_20hc likely does as well.

 

I like to use roms requiring credits and for some reason the only rom version I can't get working is cv_20hc.  I have deleted my copy of this rom and redownloaded it.  When I run the table with this rom selected in the script, I get the rom not found error.  Very strange.

 

Oh well, the cv_14 rom seems to be working with Dozer's awesome table, so I'll stick with it for now.

 

 

If you open the script there are a lot of customizable options, rom selection too. So if you want to use the rom with credits (cv_20hc) all you need to do is comment line 35 and uncomment line 36

'Const cGameName = "cv_20h" 'home rom without credits
Const cGameName = "cv_20hc" 'arcade rom with credits

Thanks ninuzzu.  I did try that, but for some reason I can't get this table to play using the cv_20hc rom.  Every other rom works for me with this table.



#75 Ben Logan

Ben Logan

    Pinball Wizard

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: System 11

Posted 13 March 2016 - 01:02 AM

The physics on this game are amazing! Seems to me like our devs are really making progress with tuning and harnessing the power of the new physics engine.

 

The transparent plastics look especially realistic: Especially like the way the plastics look behind the Ringmaster.

 

One small issue - not a big one at all: The metal ring "inside" the Boom Balloon failed the retract below the surface once for me. I would have taken a screenshot, but I was on a hot game (joined the circus).

 

Last thing: I'm amazed that I get no stutter with all effects maxed on a GTX-750ti. This is a beautiful table, Dozer!

 

:D



#76 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,383 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 13 March 2016 - 02:43 AM

OK, found the feature in the 10.1 Beta.

I make a new flasher, check the "Use Script DMC" and now?

I can't see the DMD,

 

Any advice?

 

I guess you need to set the right height and rotate it -90 degrees in the X axis. But the easiest way is to simply copy/paste the one in this table :)

 


If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#77 Dozer316

Dozer316

    Dozer

  • VIP
  • 669 posts

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:05 AM

Ok some bad news - to get the flasher based DMD working with B2S - the table has to be recoded with EM style DOF calls.  The B2S server will run alongside the pinmame controller if a separate controller var is used but it won't pass solenoid / lamp / gi calls from pinmame.   So until I get around to doing this it's one or the other I'm afraid - Nice looking integrated DMD with no DOF or standard Pinmame DMD with DOF.

 

I'll try to get to it this week - most of the current calls in the script won't need to be re-written while others will.  Doing this will result in the need to use a new backglass and a new DOF map for Cirqus Voltaire - (I'll try to mirror the current pinmame arrangement that is in the DOF config tool).

 

Where are you Herweh! :)



#78 greeze

greeze

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

  • Flag: United Kingdom

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire, Attack from Mars, Theatre of Magic & Medieval Madness

Posted 13 March 2016 - 07:34 AM

This is an(other) incredible table from you... thanks very much Dozer!  :dblthumb:


Edited by greeze, 13 March 2016 - 07:35 AM.

Cabinet Build YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube....78ywgSq46UXFqjw

 


#79 robertms

robertms

    Control Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Location:Chicago, IL

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Steve Ritchie designs

Posted 13 March 2016 - 08:33 AM

Dozer and ninuzzu, W.O.W., I am completely BLOWN AWAY by your work. This effort is nothing short of spectacular! You guys have really tapped into true VPX potential. The visuals are absolutely stunning, colors perfected, the lighting looks real (just look at the blue Ring 1,2,3 inserts). Ninuzzu's 3D models - brilliant. Great work on fine tuning the environment map, metals looks shiny and "metallic" yet all other colors somehow come through untainted, very convincing and organic atmosphere. The pink option on the menagerie ball really enhances its texture and makes it come alive, if you haven't tried it you're missing out ;). The table plays better too, the physics are very well tuned and allow for more fluid (and fun) gameplay. Your attention to every little detail is mind boggling. I'm pretty sure I drooled all over the playfield as I was playing, I can't thank you enough for this masterpiece! :otvclap:


Behold Godzilla! Check out my monster pincab project here: http://www.vpforums....topic=32236&hl=


#80 arngrim

arngrim

    DJ Force Feedback

  • VIP
  • 2,188 posts
  • Location:Charleroi, Belgium

  • Flag: Belgium

  • Favorite Pinball: Monster bash



Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:36 AM

i don't fully understand, what is this pinmame.controller? that is not transferring the rom calls?
is there a hope to use the usual controller soon one day?
let me know if you need help dozer for the config





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cirqus, Voltaire, Bally, VPX