Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

CV_DMD_Release_2.1.rar [Visual Pinball X]

Cirqus Voltaire Bally VPX

  • Please log in to reply
288 replies to this topic

#221 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 05 April 2016 - 05:23 AM

 

I noticed that Walls129 and 130 (between inlane and the post above) are also not necessary anymore. You can delete those two. For analogue plungers Park Position 0,01 is better.
 
Love this table. Great light show, great gameplay, great VPX port. :) If the pulsing of the GI and some inserts can be simulated one time I consider this a perfect port! :)

 
If you dropbox the current state of the table with the changes you have made, I will use it as as starting point for any additional changes as time goes on.

https://www.dropbox.... Redux.rar?dl=0

I enhanced some plastics, will post that separately.

 

(because of the physics: the only changes in this version is the gravity/friction/elasticity of the playfield and the slope, all other is the same as in the official release)


Edited by ClarkKent, 05 April 2016 - 05:37 AM.


#222 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 05 April 2016 - 06:09 AM

Here are new plastics for the left and right side:

 

https://www.dropbox...._sides.png?dl=0

 

As they are unlike the ones in the original file not distorted they do not fully fit anymore. But you can try it anyway.



#223 ninuzzu

ninuzzu

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

  • Flag: Italy

  • Favorite Pinball: Tommy, BDK, Hook and many more....

Posted 05 April 2016 - 10:39 AM

I guess i have to make a model for them ;)


Videotutorials: plastic ramps in blender------>part1     part2


#224 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 05 April 2016 - 10:48 AM

:)

#225 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:45 PM

Ups - I noticed that I accidentially deleted sw74 at the menagerie ball. Added it again. And I noticed that I didn't set the rubbers at the outer posts right. Please redownload the table from the link above - now everything corrected.

I also plan to revise the pf graphics. But this may take a while...

Edited by ClarkKent, 05 April 2016 - 05:04 PM.


#226 Dozer316

Dozer316

    Dozer

  • VIP
  • 669 posts

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 06 April 2016 - 04:53 AM

OK, I've rewritten a few things to fake the PWM effect on the ring inserts and included a new sub for bassgeige's backglass which I will merge into this when you have made your revisions.

 

Please note that if you want to include large revisions like playfield image / additional plastics etc. then please make sure both the playfield image and plastics etc. fit the table elements - I'm not going to use them if you just supply a new image that requires hours of shuffling parts around.  I'm happy to move forward with small changes that add missing features vs the real version but you'll have to make sure any aesthetic updates are provided complete, working and integrated so I can move forward with the small code changes to bring it forward.

I'm happy with how it looks and plays so if this is not possible then I'll add the code updates to final release as the table stands now and you can mod it with aesthetic updates later.  I've got a tonne of other stuff to work on.

 

 



#227 freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

    A Faint Ghost Through the Raindrops

  • VIP
  • 3,370 posts
  • Location:Portland, OR

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Trek, Black Hole, AFM, Fast Draw, Tron, AMH

  • 360 Gamer Tag: sixgunsounddd

Posted 06 April 2016 - 04:56 AM

me gusta



#228 Ben Logan

Ben Logan

    Pinball Wizard

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: System 11

Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:23 AM

Yeah, Dozer. Sweet!

#229 Dozer316

Dozer316

    Dozer

  • VIP
  • 669 posts

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:32 AM

CV will be my last recreation as I'd like to move on to some original titles using the PROC framework.    There are some very exciting things going on in that realm including the ability to utilize color video for the display instead of the beloved orange dots. I've been working on this in my spare time.  It's still a long, long way off but conceptually it's complete in my head  - lol.  The art will change depending on permissions and these are mockup layouts.     I'd like it to have a fairly complex rule set and flow based play to compliment the theme.  I've always been miffed as to why the franchise has never been made into a proper game - it would sell like hot cakes in Australia.

mad_max.jpg

 



#230 freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

    A Faint Ghost Through the Raindrops

  • VIP
  • 3,370 posts
  • Location:Portland, OR

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Trek, Black Hole, AFM, Fast Draw, Tron, AMH

  • 360 Gamer Tag: sixgunsounddd

Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:39 AM

Nice man, more originals  :dblthumb:



#231 STAT

STAT

    Pinball and Arcade Freak

  • VIP
  • 4,985 posts
  • Location:Wels - Austria

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:26 AM

Oh, that means ... no Ww-wwho ... Dunnit ... :cray:

 

Ups, MadMax :)


Edited by STAT, 06 April 2016 - 09:28 AM.


#232 imagamejunky

imagamejunky

    Addicted

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Location:CA Bay Area

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: TZ, IJ, MM, TOTAN, CV, TAF, AFM, STTNG, T2

Posted 06 April 2016 - 11:33 PM

Dozer.

Just wanted to say a big thank you for this great table.  Once again you have made something really awesome!  I love having the 4 color dmd on the playfield too.

Thanks man

 

Junky



#233 Umpa

Umpa

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: AC/DC

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:15 AM

you grabbed the latest ini?

Where at sorry

#234 imagamejunky

imagamejunky

    Addicted

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Location:CA Bay Area

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: TZ, IJ, MM, TOTAN, CV, TAF, AFM, STTNG, T2

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:28 AM

 

you grabbed the latest ini?

Where at sorry

 

Arngrim was talking about the DOF config tool.  It creates ini files and an xml needed for DOF. They go in your tables folder.

Here  http://configtool.vp...e.com/login.php

 

Junky



#235 Umpa

Umpa

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: AC/DC

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:30 AM

Oh thanks i was wondering if thats what he was referring to. I just pulled a new config. Still can't get dof working. Will have to dig a bit deeper. The table sure looks great though!

#236 imagamejunky

imagamejunky

    Addicted

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Location:CA Bay Area

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: TZ, IJ, MM, TOTAN, CV, TAF, AFM, STTNG, T2

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:43 AM

I should have said that I am assuming arngrim was referring to the DOF config.  I can't speak for him.

 

Junky



#237 arngrim

arngrim

    DJ Force Feedback

  • VIP
  • 2,188 posts
  • Location:Charleroi, Belgium

  • Flag: Belgium

  • Favorite Pinball: Monster bash



Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:55 AM

make sure that dof use the ini you just grabbed by removing any other on your cab, that could be loaded instead of the new ones, if ever

#238 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:11 AM

CV will be my last recreation as I'd like to move on to some original titles using the PROC framework.    There are some very exciting things going on in that realm including the ability to utilize color video for the display instead of the beloved orange dots. I've been working on this in my spare time.  It's still a long, long way off but conceptually it's complete in my head  - lol.  The art will change depending on permissions and these are mockup layouts.     I'd like it to have a fairly complex rule set and flow based play to compliment the theme.  I've always been miffed as to why the franchise has never been made into a proper game - it would sell like hot cakes in Australia.

mad_max.jpg

 

 

 

You could change your rollovers from F E A R to F U E L... that being said, fear is a major theme for The Road Warrior / aka Mad Max 2 movie so both would work equally well!  It would also be pretty c00L if you could get a 3d mesh of the gyro-copter on the playfield as a toy with the blades rotating...


[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#239 Dozer316

Dozer316

    Dozer

  • VIP
  • 669 posts

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:52 AM

 

CV will be my last recreation as I'd like to move on to some original titles using the PROC framework.    There are some very exciting things going on in that realm including the ability to utilize color video for the display instead of the beloved orange dots. I've been working on this in my spare time.  It's still a long, long way off but conceptually it's complete in my head  - lol.  The art will change depending on permissions and these are mockup layouts.     I'd like it to have a fairly complex rule set and flow based play to compliment the theme.  I've always been miffed as to why the franchise has never been made into a proper game - it would sell like hot cakes in Australia.

mad_max.jpg

 

 

 

You could change your rollovers from F E A R to F U E L... that being said, fear is a major theme for The Road Warrior / aka Mad Max 2 movie so both would work equally well!  It would also be pretty c00L if you could get a 3d mesh of the gyro-copter on the playfield as a toy with the blades rotating...

 

 

I have the Gyro model  - he just needs to be textured and placed in there.  Was planning to put it up the back of the rear ramp and trigger the rotor blades as the ball passes.



#240 dark

dark

    3D model-man

  • VIP
  • 1,936 posts
  • Location:Toronto

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Wars, AbraCadaBra,MB, LAH,JPark...too many to choose!

Contributor

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:21 PM

Firstly I'd just like to quickly comment that CV is amazing and should stand as a model as what an ideal VPX table can look like.  Especially impressed with the integrated dmd....I've wanted it like this for a long time.

 

Secondly on the topic of models and originals,  I've seen some virtual pinball tables like the marvel comic themed ones where they actually have 3D models doing interactive stuff.....stuff that even a more advanced robotic toy could never do on a real table.  I'd really like to see some more creative uses of 3D like this in original tables.  For example, what's to stop that gyro model from spinning up it's propeller and taking off the table, fly around a bit and land back in it's original position?







Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cirqus, Voltaire, Bally, VPX