Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

CV_DMD_Release_2.1.rar [Visual Pinball X]

Cirqus Voltaire Bally VPX

  • Please log in to reply
288 replies to this topic

#181 Sir Cheddar

Sir Cheddar

    His Sharpness

  • VIP
  • 383 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Tales of the Arabian Nights



Posted 31 March 2016 - 11:26 PM

Same problem here. No integrated playfield DMD.

 

VPX rev 2547, newest "other" pinmame, DOF works, no luck on both cv_20h and cv_20hc. Messed a bit in Preferences/Video Options, renamed HKCU\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\cv_20hc. Auto Eddy Boards is set to no.

Maybe a graphics driver problem? I have a NVidia GeForce GTX 660 with driver v353.82

 

*At least while searching I found something I overlooked all the time in the NVidia settings - "Adjust Desktop Color Settings". My DMD screen looks much brighter after messing a bit with the red color channel :)

 

@Bob:

Const DOFs = False 'Activate this to mute mech sounds for DOF


Edited by Sir Cheddar, 31 March 2016 - 11:29 PM.


#182 hauntfreaks

hauntfreaks

    Real 4K Tables Since 2013

  • VIP
  • 2,523 posts
  • Location:South Jersey

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: -<3<3<3 All Real Pins



Posted 31 March 2016 - 11:42 PM

   As per post 171, there is a place in the script where you add the flipper sounds. i looke through the script several times and didn't find it. Can someone tell me what line that's on? Thanks

 

26160420665_18960afcd0_b.jpg


 26794541816_30ca1cca80_o.gif 43109635392_fc11af1a57_o.gif


#183 BobAlbright

BobAlbright

    Pinball Wizard

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,304 posts
  • Location:York, Pa. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars

Posted 01 April 2016 - 01:31 AM

Thanks for your reply HF. I was looking for wording in the script

like "flipper sounds" or something like that. Wasn't expecting a table being released with default DOF


"and in the end , the love you take is equal to the love you make"


#184 Dozer316

Dozer316

    Dozer

  • VIP
  • 669 posts

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 01 April 2016 - 06:57 AM

Same problem here. No integrated playfield DMD.

 

VPX rev 2547, newest "other" pinmame, DOF works, no luck on both cv_20h and cv_20hc. Messed a bit in Preferences/Video Options, renamed HKCU\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\cv_20hc. Auto Eddy Boards is set to no.

Maybe a graphics driver problem? I have a NVidia GeForce GTX 660 with driver v353.82

 

*At least while searching I found something I overlooked all the time in the NVidia settings - "Adjust Desktop Color Settings". My DMD screen looks much brighter after messing a bit with the red color channel :)

 

@Bob:

Const DOFs = False 'Activate this to mute mech sounds for DOF

 

That's weird - are you sure you have Const IntegratedDMDType = set to 1 or 2?



#185 Pinball999

Pinball999

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Location:Germany

  • Flag: France

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Wars

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:08 AM

Btw, many thanks for the ringmaster sounds Dozer :)

#186 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:27 AM

By the way: it can happen that the ball get stuck on the rubber on the end of wall9. I just moved the low end of wall9 a little bit up and the problem went away...

 

Edit: Sorry, was my own fault. The real problem is that I made the ball a little bit larger and wall5 has bottom height 50, raised it to 53 in my version. Only happened because there was no wall5 in the last version. Sorry again. I still think that the standard size 50 of the ball is a little bit too small, 52 looks more natural in most tables.

 

I noticed that there are a lot of walls around the posts which would be not necessary when the rubbers are collideable. No harm done, I think this is a relict from VP9 as there were not rubbers back then. Maybe when I have some time I could changed that on the table...


Edited by ClarkKent, 01 April 2016 - 11:29 AM.


#187 Wolverine

Wolverine

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Trek - The Next Generation

Posted 01 April 2016 - 10:51 AM

Hi,

 

first of all, great Table! Many thx for your fantastic work. I have a little question: Does the Backglasanimation only work with the backglas from the table archiv? I use normaly the one from bassgeige (with other table versions there are animations). Btw the color DMD is not original (it's a PinMame feature)..or is it?

 

Greetings

 

Wolverine



#188 arngrim

arngrim

    DJ Force Feedback

  • VIP
  • 2,188 posts
  • Location:Charleroi, Belgium

  • Flag: Belgium

  • Favorite Pinball: Monster bash



Posted 01 April 2016 - 12:26 PM

you can run another backglass but you won't have animation or lightning, pinmame doesn't communicate with vpinmame events that are used for other backglasses



#189 Sir Cheddar

Sir Cheddar

    His Sharpness

  • VIP
  • 383 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Tales of the Arabian Nights



Posted 01 April 2016 - 03:08 PM

 

Same problem here. No integrated playfield DMD.

 

VPX rev 2547, newest "other" pinmame, DOF works, no luck on both cv_20h and cv_20hc. Messed a bit in Preferences/Video Options, renamed HKCU\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\cv_20hc. Auto Eddy Boards is set to no.

Maybe a graphics driver problem? I have a NVidia GeForce GTX 660 with driver v353.82

 

*At least while searching I found something I overlooked all the time in the NVidia settings - "Adjust Desktop Color Settings". My DMD screen looks much brighter after messing a bit with the red color channel :)

 

@Bob:

Const DOFs = False 'Activate this to mute mech sounds for DOF

 

That's weird - are you sure you have Const IntegratedDMDType = set to 1 or 2?

 

Yup. I tried both of them and fiddled around with the color settings too. With IntegratedDMDType != 0 the Pinmame-DMD gets set to hidden, it doesn't do anything else on my system. I think I'll try different graphics drivers next 



#190 bassgeige

bassgeige

    Enthusiast

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 409 posts

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Enjoyed on a regular basis.

Posted 01 April 2016 - 03:26 PM

Hi,

 

first of all, great Table! Many thx for your fantastic work. I have a little question: Does the Backglasanimation only work with the backglas from the table archiv? I use normaly the one from bassgeige (with other table versions there are animations). Btw the color DMD is not original (it's a PinMame feature)..or is it?

 

Greetings

 

Wolverine

 

I was not able to play the new version yet myself. After I read about the used method I asked Dozer about the features. I also asked him to use these features for the versions you mentioned. I will try to use the feature for the day version first. The other versions are from how I understand Dozers answers also not completely unusable. You are not able to use the new integrated DMD and need to disable it. Dozer did not mention if you can disable it or if a new table version is needed for this step. Maybe it is visible in the script. The normal dB2S versions all use the native ROM output to work. This means that outputs which are not present in the integrated DMD version are also not restorable and you need the native ROM output. Please try to disable the integrated CV DMD as a first fix.



#191 andyco40

andyco40

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Location:Preston UK

  • Flag: United Kingdom

  • Favorite Pinball: Attack from mars

Posted 01 April 2016 - 06:16 PM

got it working now.



#192 Umpa

Umpa

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: AC/DC

Posted 01 April 2016 - 06:26 PM

got it working now.

What did you do to get it working?

#193 DDH69

DDH69

    Pinball Wizard

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 3,619 posts
  • Location:DOFLinx HQ, Adelaide

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 02 April 2016 - 04:20 AM

This table has come along beautifully, a credit to all involved.

 

I now have the latest version and the included backglass but I can no longer get DOF to work and I'm not sure why.  B2SOn=1 and DOFs=True


DOFLinx
Contributions for equipment to help with ongoing DOFLinx development can be made here

#194 arngrim

arngrim

    DJ Force Feedback

  • VIP
  • 2,188 posts
  • Location:Charleroi, Belgium

  • Flag: Belgium

  • Favorite Pinball: Monster bash



Posted 02 April 2016 - 05:58 AM

you grabbed the latest ini?

#195 boiydiego

boiydiego

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts
  • Location:baal

  • Flag: Belgium

  • Favorite Pinball: flinstones,t2 chrome edition,wcs,afm,fish tales,medieval,rollercoaster tycoon,taxi

Posted 02 April 2016 - 08:40 AM

for some reason after running this version all my dmds are gone in vpx and vp9 on all other tables , installed last 2.7 vpinmame from other site are there more people with this problem ?

it tryed to put my registry settings back put also that doesnt bring the dmds back ..


Edited by boiydiego, 02 April 2016 - 08:51 AM.

boiydiego___gebruik-n2kbkyc.png


#196 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 02 April 2016 - 11:05 AM

Dozer:

Because of some strange behavior of the ball I revised the table and removed all walls under rubbers as because of the new VPX rubber elements the collideable walls are not needed anymore (except slings). The walls were from height 0 to 50 which caused some friction problems. I made all rubbers collideable as intended and moved them to the right height. Note: the height of the rubbers should be the middle of the ball, so if the ball is 52 the rubbers should be 26 (one unit more or less is not that problematic) - otherwise it could be possible that the ball sticks to the rubber. I also corrected some rubber shapes as they were not exact enough, corrected some rubbers on posts (the ones on the outlanes with two rubbers on them and some others) and some other small things. At the posts on the skill shot there is one bigger rubber ring between the lower two posts not two separate ones (as far as I walked through some teardown galleries). And corrected some heights of the metal posts to have a better visual effect with the rubbers on them.

You can use my corrections if you want - it's just a suggestion of improvement.

https://www.dropbox.... Redux.rar?dl=0

#197 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 02 April 2016 - 08:23 PM

By the way - what I always wanted to ask: On the original table GI and some inserts pulse. Just watch the PAPA video over at youtube. Can this be simulated?



#198 Totaltimo

Totaltimo

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Location:Wolfenbuettel - Germany

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:32 PM

Yup. I tried both of them and fiddled around with the color settings too. With IntegratedDMDType != 0 the Pinmame-DMD gets set to hidden, it doesn't do anything else on my system. I think I'll try different graphics drivers next 

 

 

 

I've got the same problem. The only thing that works is the static picture on the DMD (which isn't that bad because of my PinDMD3  :P ). But I am really interested in how it could look like. My graphics card is a nvidia gtx960 with driver version 364.72. I won't believe that the driver is the reason. Must be something else.

BTW, of course I activated the DMD window in the PinMame settings (which is normally set to off because of my real DMD).



#199 Carny_Priest

Carny_Priest

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  • Location:Austin, TX

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: EATPM

Posted 02 April 2016 - 10:08 PM

You need to set Hidden to zero in the table script if you want to use both VPM/realDMD and integrated DMD



#200 nFozzy

nFozzy

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Pinbot

Posted 02 April 2016 - 10:20 PM

Dozer:

Because of some strange behavior of the ball I revised the table and removed all walls under rubbers as because of the new VPX rubber elements the collideable walls are not needed anymore (except slings). The walls were from height 0 to 50 which caused some friction problems. I made all rubbers collideable as intended and moved them to the right height. Note: the height of the rubbers should be the middle of the ball, so if the ball is 52 the rubbers should be 26 (one unit more or less is not that problematic) - otherwise it could be possible that the ball sticks to the rubber. I also corrected some rubber shapes as they were not exact enough, corrected some rubbers on posts (the ones on the outlanes with two rubbers on them and some others) and some other small things. At the posts on the skill shot there is one bigger rubber ring between the lower two posts not two separate ones (as far as I walked through some teardown galleries). And corrected some heights of the metal posts to have a better visual effect with the rubbers on them.

 

I made some rubber primitives with invisible walls built-in, inspired by this table. I made them from scratch so they may or may not swap out easily with the existing ones.

 

https://www.dropbox....itives.vpx?dl=0







Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cirqus, Voltaire, Bally, VPX