Photo
- - - - -

QUICK - name all the atompunk pinball tables there are!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CrimsonTurtle8

CrimsonTurtle8

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Theatre of Magic

Posted 07 May 2024 - 07:56 PM

I'm considering doing a slightly atompunk leaning sci-fi table, but I'm not much of a pinball historian. I don't want to do something that's been done to death. What are some famous retro sci-fi tables, namely SS ones, not EM. The EM ones are simple enough that I doubt I'll accidentally rip off of one.

I had another super psychedelic rainbow table in the works, but I started to worry people will get sick of that style. It's the only style I do as a painter (I paint my own playfields) but people might get tired of it in pinball. So I thought I'd shake it up.

Last time I asked if there were any cosmic horror tables, then I did one. Soooo now the question remains--

Are there any good, famous atompunk tables? VPX or otherwise? Like rayguns, rocket ships, bubble helmets, that sort of corny stuff. Attack from Mars (whatever you may consider it) not included.

Edited by CrimsonTurtle8, 07 May 2024 - 07:56 PM.

#2 xenonph

xenonph

I have Pinball Fever!

• VIP
  • 3,937 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: TRON Classic-Congo-Xenon-PINBOT-BOP-LOTR-A Real American Hero OPERATION PINBALL-Millionaire-Whirlwind-Krull-NFL-BlackKnight-FishTales

Contributor

Posted 08 May 2024 - 01:16 AM

I'm considering doing a slightly atompunk leaning sci-fi table, but I'm not much of a pinball historian. I don't want to do something that's been done to death. What are some famous retro sci-fi tables, namely SS ones, not EM. The EM ones are simple enough that I doubt I'll accidentally rip off of one.

I had another super psychedelic rainbow table in the works, but I started to worry people will get sick of that style. It's the only style I do as a painter (I paint my own playfields) but people might get tired of it in pinball. So I thought I'd shake it up.

Last time I asked if there were any cosmic horror tables, then I did one. Soooo now the question remains--

Are there any good, famous atompunk tables? VPX or otherwise? Like rayguns, rocket ships, bubble helmets, that sort of corny stuff. Attack from Mars (whatever you may consider it) not included.

I know of only 1 Steampunk themed table.

Volkan Steel and Metal

https://vpuniverse.c...-original-2023/

pf2_t.jpg

desktop_t.jpg

I would stick to making tables how you want them to be.

Do what makes you happy.

That is what counts!

You can try to please everyone, but not at the expense of your passion.

I think your tables look great!

I tried adding a Blacklight LUT to one of your tables, to see how it looked, but it turned most of the colors blue.

capture544_t.png

Again....DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY!

Carry on.

CHECK OUT THIS TUTORIAL http://www.vpforums....howtopic=32515
TO USE DB2S BACKGLASS PROGRAM WITH DESKTOP TABLES ON 1 MONITOR

#3 CrimsonTurtle8

CrimsonTurtle8

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 10 May 2024 - 03:21 PM

I know of only 1 Steampunk themed table.

Volkan Steel and Metal

https://vpuniverse.c...-original-2023/

pf2_t.jpg

desktop_t.jpg

I would stick to making tables how you want them to be.

Do what makes you happy.

That is what counts!

You can try to please everyone, but not at the expense of your passion.

I think your tables look great!

I tried adding a Blacklight LUT to one of your tables, to see how it looked, but it turned most of the colors blue.

capture544_t.png

Again....DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY!

Carry on.

Thanks! That's so nice of you to say.

I'm going with cyberpunk instead of atompunk. It's easier and cooler haha. 

#4 Gravy

Gravy

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,082 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Simpsons pinball party

Posted 11 May 2024 - 02:10 AM

I wasnt aware of term atompunk, but I'm thinking that Big Bang Bar by VPW might fit this category. Maybe also Buck Rogers by Borgdog?
Attack and Revenge from Mars by JPSalas?

Pinball Addict

#5 CrimsonTurtle8

CrimsonTurtle8

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 May 2024 - 05:11 PM

I wasnt aware of term atompunk, but I'm thinking that Big Bang Bar by VPW might fit this category. Maybe also Buck Rogers by Borgdog?
Attack and Revenge from Mars by JPSalas?

I thought the exact same thing. Shortly after I asked this question, someone I follow on YouTube posted a Big Bang Bar gameplay video and I was like "that's the exact aesthetic." I also recently heard the term raypunk, which gives you more google search results closer to what I was imagining. Anyway, I went with much more hardcore cyberpunk style either way.