• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,455 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 14 April 2024 - 04:20 AM

Posted Image

File Name: Shooting The Rapids (Zaccaria 1979) JP_VPX8 + tutorial

File Submitter: jpsalas

File Submitted: 14 Apr 2024

File Category: VPX/VPinMAME Recreations

Author(s): jpsalas
Manufacturer: Zaccaria
Year: 1979
ROM: Link to ROM
Permission to MOD?: Yes, with approval

Based on the 1979 pinball machine by Zaccaria. 

Including a document called: How I build a VPX table - by jpsalas 2024

In this tutorial I'll explain how I build my VPX tables. But this is not manual about how VPX works, it is a simple guide how I build my tables. As you all may know I build my tables as easy as possible, mostly using what VPX has to offer of built inn objects and using some primitives for the objects that are not native to VPX, like posts, bumper caps, gates, special targets and other ornamental objects. It is not an "in depth" tutorial of VPX, it is a simple guide, but I hope it will be useful to someone starting building tables. The VPX editor can only be learned by using it, reading the documentation, and looking how others build their tables.

JP

Click here to download this file

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#2 Kikwik

Kikwik

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: Mostly DMD era

Posted 14 April 2024 - 05:28 AM

First of all thank you for this gorgeous table, and thanks for all your work on pinball, that lets nobodies like me play high quality pinball tables at my home an enjoy it for free, as it would never be possible with a real machine that cost thousands of dollars.

It's a pretty minor thing, but the score isn't displaying well on the background ; it lacks numbers on it when you compare it to the b2s. Just for you to know. But the table plays super well on my side gameplay wise, thanks again !

Using VPX10.8 Release candidate 3 and VpinMAME 3.6.

Edited by Kikwik, 14 April 2024 - 05:29 AM.

#3 clyde

clyde

Pinball Fan

• Gold Supporter
  • 615 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 14 April 2024 - 05:38 AM

Thanks JP for this great looking table! Awesome job you did on it.  :)   If anyone wants to change number of balls here is an easy guide to follow.  balls.jpg

#4 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,455 posts

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 14 April 2024 - 06:00 AM

First of all thank you for this gorgeous table, and thanks for all your work on pinball, that lets nobodies like me play high quality pinball tables at my home an enjoy it for free, as it would never be possible with a real machine that cost thousands of dollars.

It's a pretty minor thing, but the score isn't displaying well on the background ; it lacks numbers on it when you compare it to the b2s. Just for you to know. But the table plays super well on my side gameplay wise, thanks again !

Using VPX10.8 Release candidate 3 and VpinMAME 3.6.

It works fine on my computer. I always use the latest beta, mostly for testing, but everything seems to work fine. at least I can't see anything wrong.

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#5 Kikwik

Kikwik

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 April 2024 - 07:32 AM

It works fine on my computer. I always use the latest beta, mostly for testing, but everything seems to work fine. at least I can't see anything wrong.

Ah weird. But on the b2s it works fine so it's not a big deal.

Just got another little issue with the top left kick-hole which was blocked when the ball entered into it a second time pretty fast after. Nudging didn't solved it so I restarted the table. But maybe it's only on my side again.

I have lot of fun with it, pretty simple rules wise but challenging to got a high score. Colors are vivid and it's seems the art is from a comic book. Really enjoying it at the moment. ^c^

#6 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,455 posts

Posted 14 April 2024 - 07:44 AM

Ah weird. But on the b2s it works fine so it's not a big deal.

Just got another little issue with the top left kick-hole which was blocked when the ball entered into it a second time pretty fast after. Nudging didn't solved it so I restarted the table. But maybe it's only on my side again.

I have lot of fun with it, pretty simple rules wise but challenging to got a high score. Colors are vivid and it's seems the art is from a comic book. Really enjoying it at the moment. ^c^

Just update your VPX8 to the latest build, RC3 may have issues.

vp.jpg

#7 Kikwik

Kikwik

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 April 2024 - 11:07 AM

Just update your VPX8 to the latest build, RC3 may have issues.

I thought it was the latest, releases are going so fast ! Thank you again for your answers and your help, will do.

Seeing your signature, I just want to wish you the best in your life, remaining as generous with your relatives as you did there with pinball, as it's a great happiness to give to others, and to enjoy your time with your family, nature, life, and pinball if you still want to play it from time to time. It was and still is a pleasure to play your high quality and fun tables. Thank you for everything JP.  :dblthumb:

#8 teisen

teisen

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

• Flag: Brazil

• Favorite Pinball: Scared Stiff / Attack From Mars and many others...rsrsrs

Posted 15 April 2024 - 12:31 PM

JP perfect work! Thanks for sharing...

I knew you couldn't stand it without creating more tables, lucky us!

Thank you very much for all your commitment and dedication

hugs

Teisen

club-dorothee-premiers-baisers.gif

#9 unclewilly

unclewilly

sofa king.....

• VIP
  • 5,088 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit

Posted 15 April 2024 - 01:40 PM