Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

CV_DMD_Release_2.1.rar [Visual Pinball X]

Cirqus Voltaire Bally VPX

  • Please log in to reply
288 replies to this topic

#121 Dozer316

Dozer316

    Dozer

  • VIP
  • 669 posts

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:35 AM

Hi All,

 

Toxie and Fuzzel released a new beta with a boolean collidable variable for bumpers so the boom balloon bumper is now working properly.

 

Here is the latest build.  I am going to tweak a couple more things over the next day or two and pass it onto a couple of people with real DMD's to test.  After this Arngrim will include some script changes and if everything is ok hopefully it can be released before or over the weekend.

 

This video includes some ambient flasher light on the DMD plastic cover.

 

 



#122 Pinball999

Pinball999

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Location:Germany

  • Flag: France

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Wars

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:47 AM

Hello Dozer,

 

This is just amazing! Tables like this one are a perfect showcase for VPX!!

 

I've played a lot with the current available version, and have a request for the final release.

It seems that the sound when the Ring Master is going up or down is played by the backglass speakers.

I've looked for it in the sound manager but could not find it...

Is there a way to have it played as a mechanical sound?



#123 Dozer316

Dozer316

    Dozer

  • VIP
  • 669 posts

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:53 AM

Hello Dozer,

 

This is just amazing! Tables like this one are a perfect showcase for VPX!!

 

I've played a lot with the current available version, and have a request for the final release.

It seems that the sound when the Ring Master is going up or down is played by the backglass speakers.

I've looked for it in the sound manager but could not find it...

Is there a way to have it played as a mechanical sound?

 

Heya , cheers man.

The ringmaster sound comes from the Rom I believe so it's the VPM emulation playing that call back.

I can put a mechanical sound in there though if I can find an appropriate one.  I never notice because I have a gear motor assigned to him on my cabinet.

Dozer.



#124 Tom Tower

Tom Tower

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Location:Italy

  • Flag: Italy

  • Favorite Pinball: monster bash

Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:54 AM

Dozer, you are a genius!


monsterbashpincab-1.jpg


#125 Fulltilt

Fulltilt

    Proud VirtuaPin owner!

  • VIP
  • 274 posts
  • Location:Florida

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: AFM, T2 and World Cup Soccer I play alot of for REAL recreations but Scarface for an original creation is awesome! Recently I have been playing alot of Dozer316's tables. All table authors are awesome!!! Thank you all :)

Posted 23 March 2016 - 11:08 AM

Hello Dozer,

 

This is just amazing! Tables like this one are a perfect showcase for VPX!!

Can't say it any better than that


42" VirtuaPin Cab

| AMD FX8150 CPU | ASUS Crosshair Formula IV Motherboard | 8gig Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600 | EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 |

| 42" Commercial Grade 1080p LCD Playfield Monitor | Corsair RM750 PSU | Flipper Fidelity 2.1 Sound System |

| AOC LED 27" Monitor(Backglass) | Samsung 128gig SSD - Win7 |


#126 Pinball999

Pinball999

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Location:Germany

  • Flag: France

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Wars

Posted 23 March 2016 - 01:37 PM

 

Hello Dozer,

 

This is just amazing! Tables like this one are a perfect showcase for VPX!!

 

I've played a lot with the current available version, and have a request for the final release.

It seems that the sound when the Ring Master is going up or down is played by the backglass speakers.

I've looked for it in the sound manager but could not find it...

Is there a way to have it played as a mechanical sound?

 

Heya , cheers man.

The ringmaster sound comes from the Rom I believe so it's the VPM emulation playing that call back.

I can put a mechanical sound in there though if I can find an appropriate one.  I never notice because I have a gear motor assigned to him on my cabinet.

Dozer.

 

 

This would be great! Maybe the bridge sound from MM could do the trick!



#127 Dozer316

Dozer316

    Dozer

  • VIP
  • 669 posts

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:18 PM

 

 

Hello Dozer,

 

This is just amazing! Tables like this one are a perfect showcase for VPX!!

 

I've played a lot with the current available version, and have a request for the final release.

It seems that the sound when the Ring Master is going up or down is played by the backglass speakers.

I've looked for it in the sound manager but could not find it...

Is there a way to have it played as a mechanical sound?

 

Heya , cheers man.

The ringmaster sound comes from the Rom I believe so it's the VPM emulation playing that call back.

I can put a mechanical sound in there though if I can find an appropriate one.  I never notice because I have a gear motor assigned to him on my cabinet.

Dozer.

 

 

This would be great! Maybe the bridge sound from MM could do the trick!

 

 

I might sample my super charged LS1 V8 accelerating for up and decelerating for down.



#128 Dozer316

Dozer316

    Dozer

  • VIP
  • 669 posts

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:31 PM

Dozer, you are a genius!

 

You're very kind - you should continue enhancing it when it's done if you feel so inclined.



#129 STAT

STAT

    Pinball and Arcade Freak

  • VIP
  • 4,985 posts
  • Location:Wels - Austria

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 23 March 2016 - 04:06 PM

Continue ? This cant be better !!

Gratulation Sir Dozer :love39:


Edited by STAT, 23 March 2016 - 04:07 PM.


#130 STAT

STAT

    Pinball and Arcade Freak

  • VIP
  • 4,985 posts
  • Location:Wels - Austria

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 24 March 2016 - 08:15 AM

Yesterday i had my first "Welcome to Circus" (i play on German Lang. maybe its "Join Circus" at EN) ...

wow what a Show ... amazing "Levels" (you have to finish Steps/Goals), you think you are on a Mission to - whatever ;) ... i reached Step 4 "Party Multiball", Score 150 Mio.,

and that on an Ultra - Fantastic - VPX Table ...

 

Guys, its a MustHave to reach this ... go and play CV ... :) :juggle:



#131 jbg4208

jbg4208

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Location:Arkansas

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Kiss, Monster Bash, Safe Cracker,

  • 360 Gamer Tag: Bobs_Road

Posted 24 March 2016 - 02:11 PM

I've done this just twice. It's nerve-racking when you know you are so close and trying to keep that ball alive. Especially, if it is your last one. Great table.


My VPX Tables:

sig0.png


#132 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 24 March 2016 - 02:34 PM

As it was discussed here: The MM bridge sound sample. I sampled it lately.

 

https://www.dropbox....Bridge.wav?dl=0



#133 DKong

DKong

    Pinball Fan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 600 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: IJ (Williams), TOM, AFM

Posted 24 March 2016 - 05:33 PM

Hey guys,

I've been following this thread and have been thoroughly enjoying Dozer's CV VPX table with the VPX 10.0 Final release.  When I tried using the 10.1 beta for this table (to see the awesome PF DMD in action), my system went haywire and I no longer had 10.0 on my system.

 

Clearly, I did not install the 10.1 beta correctly on my system.

 

Could someone please let me know the steps to installing the 10.1 beta and it's needed files, while not interrupting the 10.0 version I have installed an running the other VPX tables?

 

Thanks in advance!



#134 The Loafer

The Loafer

    Pinball Wizard

  • VIP
  • 3,472 posts
  • Location:Embrun, Ontario, Canada

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Superman, Firepower & Tron



Posted 24 March 2016 - 05:51 PM

Just catching up on some posts and wow, what a job on this table. Basement renovations are done, restoring everything where it goes than finally connecting the pincab again and this should be first table I test!

#135 jpreville

jpreville

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Location:Waterford, MI

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: attack from mars

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:59 PM

is the vpx even released with the play field integrated dmd? or is in testing still? updated to last beta. can't wait to see it!!! 

 

Thanks

 

John



#136 LoadedWeapon

LoadedWeapon

    The Night Owl..

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,572 posts
  • Location:South Carolina USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Trek TNG



Posted 25 March 2016 - 01:19 AM

great job Dozer this table does look amazing! I hope to get more time to try and mess with VP so I can try doing something on VPX and this helps push me..  :love39:



#137 robertms

robertms

    Control Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Location:Chicago, IL

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Steve Ritchie designs

Posted 25 March 2016 - 03:10 AM

I hope to get more time to try and mess with VP so I can try doing something on VPX and this helps push me..  :love39:


It is time LW! VPX is primed and ready to kick it up a notch LW style!

Behold Godzilla! Check out my monster pincab project here: http://www.vpforums....topic=32236&hl=


#138 boiydiego

boiydiego

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts
  • Location:baal

  • Flag: Belgium

  • Favorite Pinball: flinstones,t2 chrome edition,wcs,afm,fish tales,medieval,rollercoaster tycoon,taxi

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:39 PM

is the vpx even released with the play field integrated dmd? or is in testing still? updated to last beta. can't wait to see it!!! 

 

Thanks

 

John

 

i like to know also dozer :D


boiydiego___gebruik-n2kbkyc.png


#139 vampirolatino2

vampirolatino2

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

  • Flag: Spain

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:44 PM

Wow, just wow. Amazing job... this clearly showcase the power of VP. Ofc.... can't be done without talented people ;)



#140 Dozer316

Dozer316

    Dozer

  • VIP
  • 669 posts

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 26 March 2016 - 04:15 AM

It's coming along fine but I forgot it was Easter weekend so I've been rounded up by the family to do family stuff.   It also suffered from a bit of feature creep (putting more stuff in it for visual bling) so that has slowed it down a bit as well - not too far off though.







Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cirqus, Voltaire, Bally, VPX