Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

CV_DMD_Release_2.1.rar [Visual Pinball X]

Cirqus Voltaire Bally VPX

  • Please log in to reply
288 replies to this topic

#41 Umpa

Umpa

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: AC/DC

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:26 PM

Yes! I will be checking it out this afternoon!

#42 laylow

laylow

    VP Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Location:Blackpool

  • Flag: England

  • Favorite Pinball: 1978 >

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:29 PM

Amazing job! WoW!  Thanks for al the good work, guys!!   :otvclap:  :love39:



#43 STAT

STAT

    Pinball and Arcade Freak

  • VIP
  • 4,985 posts
  • Location:Wels - Austria

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 11 March 2016 - 03:53 PM

:tup: :juggle:

#44 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:29 PM

Nice! Looking good! Nevertheless there are some inaccuracies in the flipper area which causes sudden ball stops and weird behavior of the ball. I'll revise that area if you like.



#45 Umpa

Umpa

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: AC/DC

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:31 PM

Nice! Looking good! Nevertheless there are some inaccuracies in the flipper area which causes sudden ball stops and weird behavior of the ball. I'll revise that area if you like.

Not to hijack this post but the Metallica table has this behaviour as well. Can you share with me the changes you make so I can try them on the Metallica table?

#46 bolt

bolt

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,172 posts
  • Location:Kiel / Schleswig Holstein

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:53 PM

Thank you guys for this fantastic update.

Any advice for the dmd in the desktop view?

There is a big black space between the playfied and the end of the table.

image.jpg

 

regards

 

bolt


Posted Image

#47 ninuzzu

ninuzzu

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

  • Flag: Italy

  • Favorite Pinball: Tommy, BDK, Hook and many more....

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:11 PM

In the backdrop settings, increase the Y scale (1.04 should be good) , layback zero and Y offset -30. Then select the black textbox and change the Y position to zero


Videotutorials: plastic ramps in blender------>part1     part2


#48 bolt

bolt

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,172 posts
  • Location:Kiel / Schleswig Holstein

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:27 PM

Perfect solution. Thank you very much ninuzzu.


Posted Image

#49 DDH69

DDH69

    Pinball Wizard

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 3,619 posts
  • Location:DOFLinx HQ, Adelaide

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 11 March 2016 - 11:37 PM

Fantastic build, and looks great with v1.9 of the B2S backglass.

 

It took me a while to figure out why my DMD looked like stripes, but then I found the DMD_Rot variable, changed that to 0 and the world was good again.


DOFLinx
Contributions for equipment to help with ongoing DOFLinx development can be made here

#50 TNT2

TNT2

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Depends on the day

Posted 11 March 2016 - 11:58 PM

Incredible work.



#51 DKong

DKong

    Pinball Fan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 600 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: IJ (Williams), TOM, AFM

Posted 12 March 2016 - 01:24 AM

How/where do I change the Feature Adjustment 46 in the rom?  I don't know where to look for this?

 

Thanks!



#52 mssmison

mssmison

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: bally

Posted 12 March 2016 - 01:47 AM

AWESOME!!!

 I thought the last version was amazing but this is really fantastic!

 

Well done!!



#53 Carny_Priest

Carny_Priest

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  • Location:Austin, TX

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: EATPM

Posted 12 March 2016 - 01:53 AM

How/where do I change the Feature Adjustment 46 in the rom?  I don't know where to look for this?

 

Thanks!

 

http://www.vpforums....ials&article=69

 

Instead of changing the number of balls, you scan the menu for item #46 and then set it to No



#54 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,383 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:55 AM

For this table I should replace the DMD made with a textbox with a flasher, then you can get it behind the ramps, like in the image, and it looks more like the real thing :)

 


If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#55 DKong

DKong

    Pinball Fan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 600 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: IJ (Williams), TOM, AFM

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:05 AM

Thanks Carny.  It's interesting that Feature adjustment 46 is not available on all rom versions for this table.  For example, I use the cv_14 rom and it does not have this option (I believe the feature adjustments only go up to 31 with this rom).  Rom version cv_20h has feature adjustment 46 and cv_20hc likely does as well.

 

I like to use roms requiring credits and for some reason the only rom version I can't get working is cv_20hc.  I have deleted my copy of this rom and redownloaded it.  When I run the table with this rom selected in the script, I get the rom not found error.  Very strange.

 

Oh well, the cv_14 rom seems to be working with Dozer's awesome table, so I'll stick with it for now.



#56 laylow

laylow

    VP Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Location:Blackpool

  • Flag: England

  • Favorite Pinball: 1978 >

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:48 AM

Thanks Carny.  It's interesting that Feature adjustment 46 is not available on all rom versions for this table.  For example, I use the cv_14 rom and it does not have this option (I believe the feature adjustments only go up to 31 with this rom).  Rom version cv_20h has feature adjustment 46 and cv_20hc likely does as well.

 

I like to use roms requiring credits and for some reason the only rom version I can't get working is cv_20hc.  I have deleted my copy of this rom and redownloaded it.  When I run the table with this rom selected in the script, I get the rom not found error.  Very strange.

 

Oh well, the cv_14 rom seems to be working with Dozer's awesome table, so I'll stick with it for now.

It uses cv-20h and I just changed the adjustment :-)



#57 toxie

toxie

    VPF Veteran

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts
  • Location:berlin, germany

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: AFM

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:02 AM

@JP: Indeed, but maybe optional in the script (checking the VP version), as its a 10.1 beta feature.



#58 STAT

STAT

    Pinball and Arcade Freak

  • VIP
  • 4,985 posts
  • Location:Wels - Austria

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:31 AM

wow - JP how can i use this in a FS, the same Way, just pack DMD in a TextBox ?

 

Could be the same in "Caveman" (VP9 ?) ... and thanks toxie, also i ll try it with the Beta Feature ...


Edited by STAT, 12 March 2016 - 09:33 AM.


#59 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,383 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:47 PM

wow - JP how can i use this in a FS, the same Way, just pack DMD in a TextBox ?

 

Could be the same in "Caveman" (VP9 ?) ... and thanks toxie, also i ll try it with the Beta Feature ...

Yes, you can use this in a FS too. You just need the beta 10.1, as toxie, said. And for the DMD you use a flasher instead of a textbox, as in vpx 10.0


If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#60 Dozer316

Dozer316

    Dozer

  • VIP
  • 669 posts

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:50 PM

So cool!  - and if you increase the opacity it gives a nice authentic bloom look.  (Thanks Toxie and Fuzzel :) & JP)

 

I'll play with this more tomorrow and see if I can get it working with directb2s running in parallel with the pinmame controller.

If this could be extended to a 2nd monitor I'd die happy.

 

Edit  - Have it loading the backglass with b2s and the pinmame controller. - Will test it tomorrow on the cab and make sure all the toys work but looks like it will be a go so far.  Will release an update if it all works out ok.

 

6ceb872.jpg


Edited by Dozer316, 12 March 2016 - 03:00 PM.






Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cirqus, Voltaire, Bally, VPX