Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Way of the Dragon WITH PUP PACK[Visual Pinball X MOD]

Bruce Lee VPX Pup Pack

  • Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 wiesshund

wiesshund

    VPF Legend

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,871 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: How many can i have?

Posted 08 April 2021 - 02:16 AM

I do not understand the error message, because the thing it is pointing at is not a collection
and does not try to be a collection

It is literally just telling flexDMD to change the text color

 

But comment that line out, it will cause no harm other than no color change

see if table starts

 

just put a ' in front of the line and it will turn green


If you feel the need to empty your wallet in my direction, i don't have any way to receive it anyways

Spend it on Hookers and Blow


#22 njk70

njk70

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: bride of pinbot

Posted 08 April 2021 - 02:17 AM

If I comment out line 262 and 267 (FlexDMD.Color = RGB.....) lines then it starts up ok. Maybe I have a bad version/install of flexdmd? I only just installed it for this game so I think its the latest.



#23 njk70

njk70

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: bride of pinbot

Posted 08 April 2021 - 02:29 AM

I found this in dmddevice.log 
 
[1] 2021/04/07 19:10:02.168 ERROR | System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.ValueCollection.Enumerator.MoveNext()
   at LibDmd.Output.Virtual.AlphaNumeric.VirtualAlphanumericDestination.Dispose() in C:\Development\dmd-extensions\LibDmd\Output\Virtual\AlphaNumeric\VirtualAlphanumericDestination.cs:line 311
   at LibDmd.RenderGraph.Dispose() in C:\Development\dmd-extensions\LibDmd\RenderGraph.cs:line 1052
   at LibDmd.RenderGraphCollection.<>c.<Dispose>b__17_0(RenderGraph graph) in C:\Development\dmd-extensions\LibDmd\RenderGraphCollection.cs:line 138
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
   at LibDmd.RenderGraphCollection.Dispose() in C:\Development\dmd-extensions\LibDmd\RenderGraphCollection.cs:line 138
   at LibDmd.DmdDevice.DmdDevice.Close() in C:\Development\dmd-extensions\LibDmd\DmdDevice\DmdDevice.cs:line 568
   at PinMameDevice.DmdDevice.Close()
   at FlexDMD.DMDDevice.Close()
   at FlexDMD.FlexDMD.ShowDMD(Boolean show)
   at FlexDMD.FlexDMD.set_Color(Color value)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.SetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] index, CultureInfo culture) 


#24 Redwings13

Redwings13

    Enthusiast

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 319 posts
  • Location:Near Detroit, Mich

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Circus by Brunswick

Posted 08 April 2021 - 02:44 AM

I did experiment and comment out line, it made no difference, game still wouldn’t start.

That code is Greek to me. I’m not a computer guy, but I am learning.


Edited by Redwings13, 08 April 2021 - 02:46 AM.


#25 wiesshund

wiesshund

    VPF Legend

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,871 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: How many can i have?

Posted 08 April 2021 - 02:56 AM

I did experiment and comment out line, it made no difference, game still wouldn’t start.

That code is Greek to me. I’m not a computer guy, but I am learning.

If it made no difference, then something else is wrong
because if nothing else, it shoudl have made it blame a different line number

 

Make sure that you have NO vbs files, anyplace but in the scripts folder

might be an old vbs file wreaking havoc


If you feel the need to empty your wallet in my direction, i don't have any way to receive it anyways

Spend it on Hookers and Blow


#26 Redwings13

Redwings13

    Enthusiast

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 319 posts
  • Location:Near Detroit, Mich

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Circus by Brunswick

Posted 08 April 2021 - 03:08 AM

That’s tomorrow’s homework. 
I’ll let you know tomorrow.

thanks

maybe I’ll send some more upside down pictures.



#27 njk70

njk70

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: bride of pinbot

Posted 08 April 2021 - 03:09 AM

Should be 2 lines to comment out. They are close to each other.



#28 wiesshund

wiesshund

    VPF Legend

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,871 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: How many can i have?

Posted 08 April 2021 - 03:14 AM

Should be 2 lines to comment out. They are close to each other.

 

What i do not get is, it is a command to FlexDMD

It is not part of a collection or an array, or anything that the error suggests it is or has become

 

So i do not know that actual cause of the error

but with vbs, sometime an error someplace else does a cascading failure effect, and last guy touched is 1st guy blamed


Edited by wiesshund, 08 April 2021 - 03:14 AM.

If you feel the need to empty your wallet in my direction, i don't have any way to receive it anyways

Spend it on Hookers and Blow


#29 njk70

njk70

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: bride of pinbot

Posted 08 April 2021 - 03:39 AM

Looks like mine cleared up. I removed some files that looked to be left behind by an earlier UltraDMD install. I should have started my cab with a clean install but I used a PC that I had been using desktop vpx on quite some time ago and just updated it. Who knows what I had done to it then.


To put a little positive spin on this thread. Its a fun table and theme. But it made my wife peak into the game room to see what the cat and chicken sounds were. I laughed at her.



#30 Conehead

Conehead

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Not sure yet!

Posted 08 April 2021 - 03:43 AM

Hit those two drop downs in order from left to right, and you'll see movement number 4, dragon seeks path.  ;)



#31 wiesshund

wiesshund

    VPF Legend

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,871 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: How many can i have?

Posted 08 April 2021 - 03:44 AM

Looks like mine cleared up. I removed some files that looked to be left behind by an earlier UltraDMD install. I should have started my cab with a clean install but I used a PC that I had been using desktop vpx on quite some time ago and just updated it. Who knows what I had done to it then.


To put a little positive spin on this thread. Its a fun table and theme. But it made my wife peak into the game room to see what the cat and chicken sounds were. I laughed at her.

 

I totally removed ultraDMD quite a while ago, the entire dmdext folder, or what ever it was named, and all
It was giving me a different kind of issue, but an issue none the less, seemingly simply by existing
it would pick up on the dmddevice files there, even though i dont think it should

Also punted ultraDMD out of the registry entirely
And then my problem went away.

So could be a similar cause i guess


If you feel the need to empty your wallet in my direction, i don't have any way to receive it anyways

Spend it on Hookers and Blow


#32 Redwings13

Redwings13

    Enthusiast

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 319 posts
  • Location:Near Detroit, Mich

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Circus by Brunswick

Posted 08 April 2021 - 02:37 PM

This morning I comment out lines 262 and 267. That seems to have fixed the problem, and I have a working flexdmd.

thanks for your expertise and time wiesshund.


FYI wiesshund I edited that picture in photos by rotating it 180 degrees and it still posted it upside down.   :wimper:

Attached Files



#33 Conehead

Conehead

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Not sure yet!

Posted 08 April 2021 - 05:33 PM

You have offended my family.

 

post-127999-0-93757300-16178923051.jpeg


Edited by Conehead, 08 April 2021 - 05:35 PM.


#34 Redwings13

Redwings13

    Enthusiast

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 319 posts
  • Location:Near Detroit, Mich

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Circus by Brunswick

Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:09 PM

Now that’s a nice looking cabinet.  



#35 Soundwave84

Soundwave84

    Neophyte

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: JP

Posted 12 April 2021 - 05:24 AM

This Table wont start for me, the pup pack runs but the table wont, its just closing it before opening it.

any ideas?



#36 wiesshund

wiesshund

    VPF Legend

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,871 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: How many can i have?

Posted 12 April 2021 - 06:12 AM

This Table wont start for me, the pup pack runs but the table wont, its just closing it before opening it.

any ideas?

 

do you have the ROM?


If you feel the need to empty your wallet in my direction, i don't have any way to receive it anyways

Spend it on Hookers and Blow


#37 Soundwave84

Soundwave84

    Neophyte

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: JP

Posted 12 April 2021 - 03:57 PM

 

This Table wont start for me, the pup pack runs but the table wont, its just closing it before opening it.

any ideas?

 

do you have the ROM?

 

 

Yes, i do



#38 cart99

cart99

    Neophyte

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: ACDC and Star Trek

Posted 25 April 2021 - 05:03 PM

 

This is a great upgrade to the original table.  I am having a issue where freezy virtual dmd has to be enabled for the flexdmd to be displayed.  The issue I am having is that the score from flexdmd and freezy are batteing each outer.

Hit F1 and turn OFF external DLL and show DMD in vpinmame
You do not need them to be on

 

Thanks kinda worked for me. The dmd pops up now but it is then hidden behind the video - do you know how to make the dmd show up in front of the backglass image/.video?

 



#39 wiesshund

wiesshund

    VPF Legend

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,871 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: How many can i have?

Posted 25 April 2021 - 05:12 PM

i dont know if the dmd will stay on top of the PUP video, i think the PUP video will keep trying to come to the front

you probably need to adjust your pup size to leave room for the DMD if you only have 2 screens


If you feel the need to empty your wallet in my direction, i don't have any way to receive it anyways

Spend it on Hookers and Blow


#40 DaaxPlays

DaaxPlays

    Neophyte

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: AC/DC

Posted 27 April 2022 - 11:59 PM

i am not able to get the ball to launch or even show up on the table. Anyone else have this issue? 
The table starts up /w puppack, i insert coin and press start but no balls comes out. 







Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bruce Lee, VPX, Pup Pack