Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

Star Wars - Empire Strikes Back, The (Hankin 1980) [Visual Pinball X]

Star Wars Empire Strikes Back

  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 xenonph

xenonph

    I have Pinball Fever!

  • VIP
  • 4,149 posts
  • Location:Castle Rock, WA.

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: TRON Classic-Congo-Xenon-PINBOT-BOP-LOTR-A Real American Hero OPERATION PINBALL-Millionaire-Whirlwind-Krull-NFL-BlackKnight-FishTales



Contributor

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:07 AM

Here are a couple of things I did when making sound mod.

2 easy fixes.

 

To get Drop Targets to properly reset after hitting them,

Just switch the letters T and C in lines 28 and 31.

Here is what it looks like in script...

 

Starting at Line 27

SolCallback(1) = "vpmSolSound SoundFX(""knocker"",DOFKnocker),"
SolCallback(2) = "dtTDrop.SolDropUp"  Change this to C
SolCallback(3) = "bsSaucer.SolOut"
SolCallback(4) = "bsSaucer2.SolOut"
SolCallback(5) = "dtCDrop.SolDropUp"   Change this to T
SolCallback(7) = "bsTrough.SolOut"
SolCallback(19)= "vpmNudge.SolGameOn"

 

To get upper Starship lights to advance with right flipper,(as seen on apron message.),

 

Add this to KeyDown Sub..

 

    If keycode=rightflipperkey then controller.switch(1)=0

 

Add this to KeyUp Sub..

 

    If keycode=rightflipperkey then controller.switch(1)=1

 

Thank you for making a great table Sir!!


CHECK OUT THIS TUTORIAL http://www.vpforums....howtopic=32515
TO USE DB2S BACKGLASS PROGRAM WITH DESKTOP TABLES ON 1 MONITOR
 


#22 STAT

STAT

    Pinball and Arcade Freak

  • VIP
  • 4,985 posts
  • Location:Wels - Austria

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:15 AM

Line 326: Change PlaySound SoundFX("left_slingshot" ... ( or just "slingshot")

because there is only left_slingshot, and, slingshot Sound avaiable


Edited by STAT, 02 October 2017 - 12:06 PM.


#23 xenonph

xenonph

    I have Pinball Fever!

  • VIP
  • 4,149 posts
  • Location:Castle Rock, WA.

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: TRON Classic-Congo-Xenon-PINBOT-BOP-LOTR-A Real American Hero OPERATION PINBALL-Millionaire-Whirlwind-Krull-NFL-BlackKnight-FishTales



Contributor

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:49 AM

I think the Right and Left Slingshot sound are in the sound manager STAT.

capture208_t.png


CHECK OUT THIS TUTORIAL http://www.vpforums....howtopic=32515
TO USE DB2S BACKGLASS PROGRAM WITH DESKTOP TABLES ON 1 MONITOR
 


#24 STAT

STAT

    Pinball and Arcade Freak

  • VIP
  • 4,985 posts
  • Location:Wels - Austria

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:07 PM

Oh yes - where are my Eyes, i am sure: there were no Beers ;) ... thanks Xenon !

Btw. love your Mod, but also the real Machine.

 

Thanks 32assassin :tup:


Edited by STAT, 02 October 2017 - 02:41 PM.


#25 xenonph

xenonph

    I have Pinball Fever!

  • VIP
  • 4,149 posts
  • Location:Castle Rock, WA.

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: TRON Classic-Congo-Xenon-PINBOT-BOP-LOTR-A Real American Hero OPERATION PINBALL-Millionaire-Whirlwind-Krull-NFL-BlackKnight-FishTales



Contributor

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:23 PM

I actually missed seeing it too the first time.(With no beers!!)

And I love the original table also. Having a fantasy sound mod is nice, but nothing compares to the original table.

32assassin really did a great job on this table!!


CHECK OUT THIS TUTORIAL http://www.vpforums....howtopic=32515
TO USE DB2S BACKGLASS PROGRAM WITH DESKTOP TABLES ON 1 MONITOR
 


#26 STAT

STAT

    Pinball and Arcade Freak

  • VIP
  • 4,985 posts
  • Location:Wels - Austria

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:19 PM

Had Ball Stuck in left Inlane, changed one Rubbers Curve more to right, you ll see it, Side isnt straight down.

Table Visual is a bit too grey, i think.


Edited by STAT, 02 October 2017 - 04:20 PM.


#27 32assassin

32assassin

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 853 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: terminator 2

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:58 PM

the default 10.4 lighting values and the current environment map are not getting along.

what is weird is that its the same values for 10.3

 

I'm either need a new environment map or I need to play with the lighting values

Environment Ems. Scale

Ambient Occlusion Sale

Bloom Strengh

 

 

table might looks better if you remove the environment map. (with the current Lighting values)

 

version 1,3 is up 


My Files
http://www.vpforums....4de64a621eccd40
My Table List
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlaxLrXlPOU
See a table you like, help me complete it by finding the missing resources
https://www.dropbox....xTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

#28 STAT

STAT

    Pinball and Arcade Freak

  • VIP
  • 4,985 posts
  • Location:Wels - Austria

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:14 PM

Thanks Man :tup:



#29 xenonph

xenonph

    I have Pinball Fever!

  • VIP
  • 4,149 posts
  • Location:Castle Rock, WA.

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: TRON Classic-Congo-Xenon-PINBOT-BOP-LOTR-A Real American Hero OPERATION PINBALL-Millionaire-Whirlwind-Krull-NFL-BlackKnight-FishTales



Contributor

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:17 PM

Thanks for the updates my friend!!

I love this table!!

I will update sound mod using this table as a base.

But I will wait for a couple of months to release it, so people can have chance to download yours first.

I usually try to make sure a table has been out for a year at least, before trying to make a mod and make it available to community.

I will leave everything as is on this mod, except for sound effects.

Thanks again for the updates Sir.

Your work and time put into these tables is really appreciated!!

Have a great week!!


CHECK OUT THIS TUTORIAL http://www.vpforums....howtopic=32515
TO USE DB2S BACKGLASS PROGRAM WITH DESKTOP TABLES ON 1 MONITOR
 


#30 Rajo Joey

Rajo Joey

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts
  • Location:Niedersachsen

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars, Abra Ca Dabra and many old EM-Tables

Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:45 PM

Had Ball Stuck in left Inlane, changed one Rubbers Curve more to right, you ll see it, Side isnt straight down.

Table Visual is a bit too grey, i think.

Yes, the table was very grey, where he was black in the old version.

But mysterious: I delete the wall8 and insert it again and now everything is dark black! :tapping:

I don't change the environment.

And I think, the upper lane rollovers are not correct named. The second from right is named TopLane3.

And if the ball rolls over sw14 the red light is on over TopLane3. If the ball roll over TopLane3, no red light is on.

 

So I change the name from TopLane3 to sw15.

And I change the lines 144-147 in the script:

 

Sub sw14_Hit:Controller.Switch(15)=1 : playsound"rollover" : End Sub
Sub sw14_unHit:Controller.Switch(15)=0:End Sub
Sub sw15_Hit:Controller.Switch(14)=1 : playsound"rollover" : End Sub
Sub sw15_unHit:Controller.Switch(14)=0:End Sub

 

Now it seems to work OK. If I make a mistake,please tell me. I have no idea, what I'm doing. :tongue3:


Rajo Joey - My front-end-files; Hundreds of Audio- and Videorecordings in high quality for Playfield (4k/60FPS) and Backglass (HD), Wheels & POV-Files: The Media-Post

https://www.facebook...02697096474910/

https://www.facebook...oups/VPAddicts/

https://www.facebook...oups/VPjunkies/


#31 xenonph

xenonph

    I have Pinball Fever!

  • VIP
  • 4,149 posts
  • Location:Castle Rock, WA.

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: TRON Classic-Congo-Xenon-PINBOT-BOP-LOTR-A Real American Hero OPERATION PINBALL-Millionaire-Whirlwind-Krull-NFL-BlackKnight-FishTales



Contributor

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:26 PM

You must be mistaken. Version 1.3 does not have that issue with upper rollovers on right side.

There is no need to rename those rollovers. They work properly. No need to adjust script as the switches for these rollovers are working properly also.

Maybe you are confused with older version. Or maybe the sound mod version?

I actually changed those upper rollover switches and renamed them in Version 1.2 almost a week ago.

Here is what it says on my download page that was wrote many days ago..

 

Version 1.2

I added script command so the 5 key works as insert coin. (No need to modify VPMkeys.vbs or Hankin.vbs)
If you want the insert coin key to be 3, just comment out Line 13 in table script or delete it.

I changed name of upper rollovers on right side to sw14 and sw15. The outside lane was mistakenly named sw14, instead of sw15, and inside lane was named TopRollover, instead of sw14.

I added FlipperUP and FlipperDown sounds from GIJOE table.

I added soundFX script to bottom 2 bumpers. I just copied the end of script that was on the other 4 bumpers.

 

**************************

 

And here is message I sent 32assassin back on Sept 18th..

 

Hi,
I first want to thank you for all the work you have done for this community!! It is appreciated!!
I would like to know if I can have your permission to upload a sound mod I made of your Empire Strikes Back (Hankin 1980) table?
I will give you proper credit on download page and leave a link to your original table.
I added 12 background music sound effects, 17 drain voice sound effects, 9 coin voice sound effects, and 26 other sound effects triggered by events.

After adding these sound effects I noticed the upper right rollovers were not working properly.

I changed name of upper rollovers on right side to sw14 and sw15. The outside lane was mistakenly named sw14, instead of sw15, and inside lane was named TopRollover, instead of sw14. Easy fix if you want to update your original table.

 

***********************************

 

Maybe check the version you are using again?

Because 32assassin fixed this back in version 1.2.

He fixed the Drop Targets Resetting and Right Flipper Advancing Upper Starship Lanes light in version 1.3.

He did alot more on version 1.3, but these particular "code bug" issues were all fixed.


Edited by xenonph, 03 October 2017 - 08:26 PM.

CHECK OUT THIS TUTORIAL http://www.vpforums....howtopic=32515
TO USE DB2S BACKGLASS PROGRAM WITH DESKTOP TABLES ON 1 MONITOR
 


#32 Rajo Joey

Rajo Joey

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts
  • Location:Niedersachsen

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars, Abra Ca Dabra and many old EM-Tables

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:14 PM

I'm not confused with older versions. I'm confused, because I'm old. :bye2:

It's right. I download the table again and the rollovers are correct.

 

Sorry for the confusion. :db:


Rajo Joey - My front-end-files; Hundreds of Audio- and Videorecordings in high quality for Playfield (4k/60FPS) and Backglass (HD), Wheels & POV-Files: The Media-Post

https://www.facebook...02697096474910/

https://www.facebook...oups/VPAddicts/

https://www.facebook...oups/VPjunkies/


#33 xenonph

xenonph

    I have Pinball Fever!

  • VIP
  • 4,149 posts
  • Location:Castle Rock, WA.

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: TRON Classic-Congo-Xenon-PINBOT-BOP-LOTR-A Real American Hero OPERATION PINBALL-Millionaire-Whirlwind-Krull-NFL-BlackKnight-FishTales



Contributor

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:23 PM

lol Joey.

We are all young at heart my friend!!

Have a great day!!


CHECK OUT THIS TUTORIAL http://www.vpforums....howtopic=32515
TO USE DB2S BACKGLASS PROGRAM WITH DESKTOP TABLES ON 1 MONITOR
 


#34 kino412

kino412

    Hobbyist

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 25 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Jacks Open

Posted 03 February 2018 - 06:42 PM

I love this table! But has anyone else noticed that the very top (Tie Fighters) far right lane is too big for the ball? Sometimes the ball will go down that lane without tripping the trigger. Is this how the real machine was? Or am I doing something wrong that has caused this issue. I verified that this happens using the debugger.


Edited by kino412, 03 February 2018 - 06:43 PM.


#35 DJ Wheels

DJ Wheels

    Enthusiast

  • Silver Supporter
  • 304 posts
  • Location:Philly Subs

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Eight Ball Deluxe

Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:52 PM

Yes, I noticed that also. Not sure if that is how the real machine was.

I love this table! But has anyone else noticed that the very top (Tie Fighters) far right lane is too big for the ball? Sometimes the ball will go down that lane without tripping the trigger. Is this how the real machine was? Or am I doing something wrong that has caused this issue. I verified that this happens using the debugger.


Quit talking and start chalking!





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back