Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

Haunted House WIP


  • Please log in to reply
294 replies to this topic

#21 Nealtron

Nealtron

    Brilliant Bastard

  • Uploading Member
  • 194 posts
  • Location:Sandy Eggo, California

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone, CFTBL, Haunted House

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:58 AM

So will you be making these VP9 tables in addition to redrawing the artwork, or will you upload the redraws for others to build the tables?
Just curious... I'm a big fan of both Congo & Haunted House. Nice work!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?"


#22 bodydump

bodydump

    down and out

  • VIP
  • 578 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: High Speed, Creature

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE (Nealtron @ May 23 2011, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So will you be making these VP9 tables in addition to redrawing the artwork, or will you upload the redraws for others to build the tables?
Just curious... I'm a big fan of both Congo & Haunted House. Nice work!


No, I only do artwork. JP's building Congo and Uncle Willy's doing Haunted House. Of course, if anyone else wants to build their own version, I'll pass on the goods.

#23 lettuce

lettuce

    Pinball Fan

  • Silver Supporter
  • 929 posts

  • Flag: England

  • Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:34 AM

Any new WIP bodydump??

#24 maceman

maceman

    Home Pinball Machine Collector/ Restorer

  • VIP
  • 2,271 posts
  • Location:Canada, Eh!

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: ....**Haunted House**....



Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (DedRok_V @ May 22 2011, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (maceman @ May 21 2011, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...very happy to see this progress!! Thanx for your work!

Maceman

I would never have guessed that you liked HH Mace. whistle.gif


Hee hee....We'll, for me, VP or FP just doesn't seem right without it. HH is the game that caused me to fall in love with pinball...oh sure, I played lots of pinball growing up and like it...but HH put me over the edge. I put a house mortgage inthat game and when Microsoft first released a recreation for Wii, I went mad!! That was all I played,and the kids got mad at me since I took over....

I actually like the VP8version here. Didn't mind it at all. I thought it looked and played pretty good as a recreation! Problem is that I am all Cab now, so never play anything not FS. My wish to to have this GEM on my cab and anything else as great.

This game really needs more notice.... I have had sevaral people comment on my avitar and only a handful actually knew what it was... some thought it was just some Haunted theme - ha ha!!

No, HH is my dream to see recreated. Just for the record, If you see it finally released here and then I seem to go MIA, you will know why smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Cheers,
Maceman



ps. Can someone please send me the actual font if anyone can get it. I really want it on my system for when I create avatars andsuch. I found one not bad, but the real one would be more appreciated!!!


________________________________________________________________________________
Canada Eh!
hm_avatar.pngss_avatar.jpg MODS ys_avatar5.jpggenie_avatar.pngj2o_avatar.png

#25 pinuck

pinuck

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 514 posts
  • Location:Toronto

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Jacks Open, AFM, TOM



Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (maceman @ May 24 2011, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ps. Can someone please send me the actual font if anyone can get it. I really want it on my system for when I create avatars andsuch. I found one not bad, but the real one would be more appreciated!!!


are you talking about the "Haunted House" type on the backglass? That looks hand-lettered, and not a font, since the letterforms are all different (the 2 H's aren't the same, The two U's aren't, etc.)

#26 rob046

rob046

    Often Emulated, Never Duplicated

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Location:Central PA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: 8 Ball Deluxe, ToM, & Funhouse



Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (maceman @ May 24 2011, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hee hee....We'll, for me, VP or FP just doesn't seem right without it. HH is the game that caused me to fall in love with pinball...oh sure, I played lots of pinball growing up and like it...but HH put me over the edge. I put a house mortgage inthat game and when Microsoft first released a recreation for Wii, I went mad!! That was all I played,and the kids got mad at me since I took over....


Wait, Haunted House is out on the Wii? I think you must of mistyped, cuz microsoft wouldn't release anything for the wii, nintendo would. Were you just talking about the PC version from a decade ago? I'm hoping I didn't miss some recreations on the Wii, though I own a wii & follow all things pinball, I feel like I would have heard of it.
Of course I have the Gottlieb classics game for wii (& 360). Such a shame they didn't put HH on it. I have no idea why they didn't. They chose Black Hole instead!!!! AT BEST Black Hole might be almost as good as HH, but it certainly isn't better or more impressive. So I'm not sure how BH got picked over HH. Maybe cuz HH was chosen for the microsoft game & they wanted to get BH digitized? doubt that has anything to do with it, but I can't think of any other reason.

Oh well, I don't own a BH but I do own an HH, so in a way I'm glad BH is on the gottlieb game.
Yeah I think think just about anybody would say HH is just as good if not better than BH, with HH I think being the best work Gottlieb has ever done. So I guess it is kinda a shame that it hasn't gotten any love in the console games or through recreations in the past decade.
Speaking of this recreation, I need to get some HH overlay pics to bodydump tonight. I'll get to that shortly.

#27 maceman

maceman

    Home Pinball Machine Collector/ Restorer

  • VIP
  • 2,271 posts
  • Location:Canada, Eh!

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: ....**Haunted House**....



Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:44 AM

I think you are right... I mixed up the pinball I play on the Wii (Gottlieb and Williams) with the Microsoft Arcade I play on the PC, which is the one with HH.

my bad..

Maceman


ps... @pinuck... Yes, I meant that 'font'. I guess maybe it was all done by hand then? Shame... It would be nice to have this as a font!

Edited by maceman, 25 May 2011 - 01:45 AM.

________________________________________________________________________________
Canada Eh!
hm_avatar.pngss_avatar.jpg MODS ys_avatar5.jpggenie_avatar.pngj2o_avatar.png

#28 rxd

rxd

    Enthusiast

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 87 posts
  • Favorite Pinball: Haunted House

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:21 PM

Haunted House is probably my favorite table ever. It was 50 cents a play by me back in the day and still worth every penny...

#29 bodydump

bodydump

    down and out

  • VIP
  • 578 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: High Speed, Creature

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:09 PM

Finally got back to working on this:



#30 pinuck

pinuck

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 514 posts
  • Location:Toronto

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Jacks Open, AFM, TOM



Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:27 PM

cool! I'm really looking forward to getting Haunted House (and Black Hole) on the cab. Glad to see it's in good hands

#31 Hos_Nos

Hos_Nos

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Location:Canada

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Haunted House

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:26 AM

Hey Maceman,

Thank the gods that someone shares my passion for Haunted House. I owned one and had to sell it years ago because I got laid off from work. The saddest day of my life:(

I grew up in the 80's playing pinball and when I saw Haunted House I almost crapped my pants! Triple playfield in all its glory!!!!

Been waiting a long time for this one to get some attention.

Thanks in advance to Uncle Willy and all who are part of making this dream of a pinball step back into the limelight smile.gif

Cheers,
Nos

Edited by Hos_Nos, 20 August 2011 - 12:26 AM.


#32 lettuce

lettuce

    Pinball Fan

  • Silver Supporter
  • 929 posts

  • Flag: England

  • Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (bodydump @ Aug 20 2011, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finally got back to working on this:




Nice love the art on this game!!

#33 maceman

maceman

    Home Pinball Machine Collector/ Restorer

  • VIP
  • 2,271 posts
  • Location:Canada, Eh!

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: ....**Haunted House**....



Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:54 AM

..I can't wait!! Here is my wheel I made for my Macepin cab...



Cab looks empty with just a wheel... smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Just kidding... Keep up the great work men!

Maceman
________________________________________________________________________________
Canada Eh!
hm_avatar.pngss_avatar.jpg MODS ys_avatar5.jpggenie_avatar.pngj2o_avatar.png

#34 DedRok_V

DedRok_V

    Crazed Pinball Wizard (Australia's Former #1)

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,238 posts
  • Location:Newcastle, Australia

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Avengers Blue LE : Judge Dredd : Cosmic Princess

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (bodydump @ Aug 20 2011, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finally got back to working on this:


Cant wait to see the redraw progress you do with this one BD. coffee1.gif

Also to play the finished product I suppose.
Loved playin this when I was a kid, a lower and upper playfield. It was unheard of.

Been a while BD, still resting your hands from drawing all the trees in Checkpoint!!! hmm.gif




Blueprint game : up to date list http://www.vpforums....s...st&p=147107

#35 bodydump

bodydump

    down and out

  • VIP
  • 578 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: High Speed, Creature

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:03 AM

A little bit more work:



#36 thewool

thewool

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 1,068 posts
  • Location:North Yorkshire, UK

  • Flag: England

  • Favorite Pinball: WOZ



Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:48 AM

Good work so far BD, I love the art style of this table...

I know it's many months awway but I'm really excited about playing this, it's a machine I've never seen/played in the flesh but have only heard good things about it.

Cheers for your effort! drinks.gif



#37 bodydump

bodydump

    down and out

  • VIP
  • 578 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: High Speed, Creature

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:32 AM

I little more work on this one. The only way I get stuff done is to bounce back and forth from project to project. A little ADHD I guess.



#38 Sabbat

Sabbat

    The Pinball Monk

  • VIP
  • 4,510 posts
  • Location:Aberdeen, WA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill


Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:33 PM

So Far so Good BD!!! looks great
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#39 DedRok_V

DedRok_V

    Crazed Pinball Wizard (Australia's Former #1)

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,238 posts
  • Location:Newcastle, Australia

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Avengers Blue LE : Judge Dredd : Cosmic Princess

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (bodydump @ Sep 13 2011, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I little more work on this one. The only way I get stuff done is to bounce back and forth from project to project. A little ADHD I guess.


The only way to do projects in my opinion, maybe I have it a little bit too. smile.gif




Blueprint game : up to date list http://www.vpforums....s...st&p=147107

#40 maceman

maceman

    Home Pinball Machine Collector/ Restorer

  • VIP
  • 2,271 posts
  • Location:Canada, Eh!

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: ....**Haunted House**....



Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (DedRok_V @ Sep 13 2011, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (bodydump @ Sep 13 2011, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I little more work on this one. The only way I get stuff done is to bounce back and forth from project to project. A little ADHD I guess.


The only way to do projects in my opinion, maybe I have it a little bit too. smile.gif




I rather you guys had OCD and worked compulsively on this table alone smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
________________________________________________________________________________
Canada Eh!
hm_avatar.pngss_avatar.jpg MODS ys_avatar5.jpggenie_avatar.pngj2o_avatar.png