Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

• Flag: Spain

• Favorite Pinball: Indy;Ripleys;Twilightzone

Posted 07 May 2024 - 07:05 PM

Hello.

I have been using cellophan coloured paper glasses (green-magenta) with reshade program and the results are awesome (not perfect, but sometimes it`s like you are playing the real thing).

Reshade it`s working fine for me and i am very happy with the program,..

But i was wondering how to get a 3d glasses experience with the built-in anaglyph in vpx editor..

video.png

First enabling the 3d stereo output  (green-magenta for my DIY glasses).

And enabling the Use Y-Axis (cabinet/rotated screen)

The anaglyph filter it`s not a problem (i can choose deghost, luminance, dubois, etc.., no problem), like the anaglyph brightness or the saturation..

The problem for me.. it`s trying to get 3d in the table with parallalax separation, ZPD and the offset.

I was wondering how to start with this three parameters to get a 3-D experience..

The only way it`s change this numbers and close-open the table?

There it`s a way to know one of this three parameters as a starting point or something?

Thanks to any help

Edited by Junkyerd, 07 May 2024 - 07:08 PM.

#2 worker

worker

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

• Flag: Hungary

• Favorite Pinball: indiana jones

Posted 08 May 2024 - 05:29 AM

First of all, if you are using the GL version, do not check the Fake Stereo setting! This is important!
The GL version generates True 3d, while the DirectX version generates Fake 3d.
If Fake Stereo is checked on the GL version, you will get the same result as if you were using the DX version, so there is no point in GL.

After unchecking Fake Stereo, the settings below it will change. It will not be necessary to adjust the values you mentioned,
only the appropriate adjustment of Eye Separation (the distance between your eyes in mm).

I would also recommend that you use Window mode (top left) instead of Exclusive Fullscreen, set the Max Texture Dimension from Unlimited to 3172, and check the Force Bloom Filter Off option.
If you use Frame Pacing, the number below it should be 0, if you set it to Vsync, it is necessary to set the refresh value (120).
I hope I could help!

Edited by worker, 08 May 2024 - 05:33 AM.

#3 Junkyerd

Junkyerd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 May 2024 - 11:15 PM

Ok!! Fake stereo disabled and measure  eyes distance (mms. are easier  to measure than inches for me..)

I have figured out it`s between eyes center ..

Thanks for your suggestions..really you helped me a lot...sometimes i am lost in alchemy configurations :D.

I will test and post results..

Many thanks friend!!!

EDIT: Now it's working for me..

Sin-t-tuloiouh.png

Beavies and butthead pinballed now looks better with glasses..

Reshade it`s quite different, but now i will stay with built-in anaglyph (better performance FPS).

So thanks worker!!!

Edited by Junkyerd, 08 May 2024 - 11:40 PM.

#4 worker

worker

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

• Flag: Hungary

• Favorite Pinball: indiana jones

Posted 09 May 2024 - 05:17 AM

That's great! I'm glad you managed to solve it!  :otvclap:​ 

#5 Junkyerd

Junkyerd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 May 2024 - 06:07 AM

But not too much happy with built-in anagyph :(

Sometimes the table loads with a red or green coloured layer and sometimes i can get rid of this (sometimes green, sometimes red) coloured layer by pressing f12 and then suddenly the table gets to normal colour (normal colour with the anaglyph, but not green or red coloured everything on the table).

Must be an amd graphics card problem, happens when it`s raining or something.i dont know..

but sometimes i can`t get rid of this coloured layer 

sometimes the table it`s green..sometimes the table it`s red..

it`s like the sunny days it`s normal coloured.

More problems...

There are some tables which doesnt work at all with anaglyph and very weird and strange problems happens.

For example, The Flinstones 1.25.8 or the addams family 2.3 doesn`t work at all with the built in anaglyph activated...the table doesn`t run smooth (it`s very weird  because you disable the 3-d stereo , pressing F10 until 3d stero turns off ...and the fps problem persists).

so there are lot of tables with dmd freezing or smooth problems just because 3d stereo it`s activated in vpx editor..

3d stereo with built-in coloured anaglyph in vpx editor it`s a real pain in the ass for me( vpxgl64 or vpxgl).

i will recommend built-in anaglyph vpxGL to my worst enemy..if i want him death

So for me it`s better reshade nowadays by thousand miles far away from buil-in anaglyph (in my personal opinion) 

Reshade have more options and better and easier to config, better colours, more depth, more 3d experience, and the most important thing...doesn`t bring more problems into this..

I will forget about the problematic built-in anaglyph and i will use reshade in every table ..(i have very bad experience with built in anaglyph for me it`s like hell ...compared to reshade..the 3d paradise

But thank you anyways..i think my amd graphics card it`s not friend yet.

Maybe it`s better for intelaced, but if you wear coloured glasses please use reshade and enjoy the life

Thank god for reshade

Edited by Junkyerd, 10 May 2024 - 07:05 AM.

#6 Gravy

Gravy

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,082 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Simpsons pinball party

Posted 10 May 2024 - 11:38 AM

Sometimes the table loads with a red or green coloured layer and sometimes i can get rid of this (sometimes green, sometimes red) coloured layer by pressing f12 and then suddenly the table gets to normal colour (normal colour with the anaglyph, but not green or red coloured everything on the table).

Must be an amd graphics card problem, happens when it`s raining or something.i dont know..

More problems...

There are some tables which doesnt work at all with anaglyph and very weird and strange problems happens.

For example, The Flinstones 1.25.8 or the addams family 2.3 doesn`t work at all with the built in anaglyph activated...the table doesn`t run smooth (it`s very weird  because you disable the 3-d stereo , pressing F10 until 3d stero turns off ...and the fps problem persists).

so there are lot of tables with dmd freezing or smooth problems just because 3d stereo it`s activated in vpx editor..

3d stereo with built-in coloured anaglyph in vpx editor it`s a real pain in the ass for me( vpxgl64 or vpxgl).

So for me it`s better reshade nowadays by thousand miles far away from buil-in anaglyph (in my personal opinion) 

Reshade have more options and better and easier to config, better colours, more depth, more 3d experience, and the most important thing...doesn`t bring more problems into this..

I will forget about the problematic built-in anaglyph and i will use reshade in every table ..(i have very bad experience with built in anaglyph for me it`s like hell ...compared to reshade..the 3d paradise

Maybe it`s better for intelaced, but if you wear coloured glasses please use reshade and enjoy the life

Thank god for reshade

The reason why you are seeing the framerate drop even when you attempt to turn off the 3D effect with F10 is because F10 doesn't actually disable 3D as far as I have read, what it does is simply shows you the view from one eye of the stereo view so the framerate is still impacted greatly as it is still processing both left and right views in the background even though you can only see one of those views. If you really want to turn the 3D off AND increase the framerate, it must be disabled from the Graphics menu.

Reshade/Depth3D certainly has some advantages in terms of its configuration, however it also has some disadvantages in terms of how it renders transparent surfaces in particular and also issues in getting correct image separation across the entire table.

I noticed that you cabinet layout measurements seem incorrect. Try swapping the width and height. Also the -30 angle is unusual. My screen is set to about 11 degrees.

Your Player Y,Z measurement are also likely incorrect. Z is not your total height, but the height of your eye level above the bottom of the screen, Player Y is your distance of your eyes from the bottom of the screen on the Y axis.

Its also necessary to adjust the POV and make sure that you are using "Window" POV mode. So press F12 whilst in game, then press Shift until you get to the POV menu page (Point of View adjustment). Press Ctrl until you get to "View layout mode" then press Shift to change it to "Window". If you have your cabinet measurements set correctly then pressing "Enter" key should in theory automatically make the correct adjustments so that it looks good in 3D. This doesn't always work on all tables but is generally a good starting point. It may also cut the apron off at the bottom since its not really possible to correctly fit a playfield on a 16:9 screen at the correct ratio. You can then fine tune it.

Press 1 to save the POV and then back out to the game again with F12.

Edited by Gravy, 10 May 2024 - 11:56 AM.

Pinball Addict

#7 Junkyerd

Junkyerd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 May 2024 - 03:25 PM

Thanks Gravy and worker, really aprecciate your help friends.

I have noticed when pressing enter in F12 POV adjustement , the table it`s giant in my screen...

Thank you for your teachings i really need to put correct table layout size measures..

The degrees ok (i was testing and i forget to change parameters) (why i have to change something i don`t know what it its).

I will select window and not legacy or camera..

Thank you very much..

But the dmd its stopped and not working during gameplay i think will not help...but hey you are right i will test and post results..

Thank you friends, i really need your help, and you are helping me a lot

#8 Emanoel299

Emanoel299

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

• Flag: Brazil

• Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, AFM, Creature Black Lagoon, Dr.Who

Posted 10 May 2024 - 04:13 PM

More problems...

Thank god for reshade

Yeah

I agree with you about Reshade but, give a chance to VPX 10.80 GL 32/64 - 1862 from actual release.

You must think which VPX you are using. In my own experience I can say:

VPX 10.70 and versions 32 bits use only DX9 (I think there isn´t GL) - Reshade DX9 is the better option for fake 3D.

VPX 10.80 DX9 32/64 - 1862 from actual release - Reshade DX9 is the better option for fake 3D.

VPX 10.80 GL 32/64 - 1862 from actual release - In Built 3D - NO FAKE STEREO is the option fo real 3D

In my opinion, if you get a good *.INI file view is close VR view.

Better Ramp trasparence. Better bumps transparence, Better *.INI adjust. More easy real depth. And there are those tables where the depth is below the table, as AC/DC, Black Hole, Electra where in fake 3D is flat.

In VPX 10.80 GL - IN BUILT 3D is real depth.

I play in my 2D TV playfield with RED & CYAN glasses - Many people say thats better than BLUE & AMBER and GREEN & MAGENTA glasses. I never tried the other glasses.

Is a fact if you press F10 to toglle 3D/2D/3D in Anaglyph stereo option there is the issue as you told. You need to close the VPX and start again to solve it. But I think if you were use any frontend., These problem maybe desappear

Unfortunately, there is no more 3D TV to sell.

I think that I´m lucky guy because that time I bought some of them and now I can play in a cabinet close to real machine.

Anaglyph (50´s technology) is the option nowadays for 2D TV but, I think normal 2D is better. It´s my feeling. But is cool to play.

Edited by Emanoel299, 10 May 2024 - 04:23 PM.

#9 Junkyerd

Junkyerd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 May 2024 - 05:53 PM

Yes, you must have easy access for  change 2D or 3D in the cabinet and enjoy both.

Of course the best device nowadays it`s a VR headset, but watching some LG 3D monitors youtube videos playing VPX you can see how awesome it`s to see the table in 3d mode..

3D monitors it`s not an option for me nowadays (maybe 2nd hand market after several years..), so stereoscopic or interlaced mode in 3d monitors maybe are the best result you can obtain with kinect v2 camera.

But the best it`s that you can build your DIY glasses with cellophan coloured paper and you can get 3d experience easily (of course sometimes you will need to come back to well coloured 2d world wihout glasses, but it`s a experience that everybody must test)

When i use kinect camera v2 headtrackin it`s like i don`t need to wear the glasses for a little 3d experience, but wearing the glasses  if i close one eye and i move my head side to side i can see the real table in front of me (but with coloured anaglyph).

It`s awesome, but i need to close one eye for that feeling, i think i need more time on table configurations.

About your suggestions i have found a good video as a starting point for correct screen measurements in vpx editor, using the "screen size calibration" table:

If you want to put correct sizes like me, here it`s the link  , very good tutorial.

So i have followed this video and this are my measurements for my screen (see cabinet layout screen section)

Sin-t-tuloerqwfafsdafaf.png

Then i will try to use both worlds (built-in anaglyph and reshade program) just because i have prefer reshade, but i have not tested kinect camera v2 with the built-in anaglyph and i think will be better than reshade (i hope to test it soon), and i like to hear from you guys.

Beavies and butthead and more tables works great with built-in anaglyph but the dmd freezed in other tables seems to be a huge problem for me.

#10 Emanoel299

Emanoel299

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 May 2024 - 07:45 PM

Yes, you must have easy access for  change 2D or 3D in the cabinet and enjoy both.

Of course the best device nowadays it`s a VR headset, but watching some LG 3D monitors youtube videos playing VPX you can see how awesome it`s to see the table in 3d mode..

3D monitors it`s not an option for me nowadays (maybe 2nd hand market after several years..), so stereoscopic or interlaced mode in 3d monitors maybe are the best result you can obtain with kinect v2 camera.

But the best it`s that you can build your DIY glasses with cellophan coloured paper and you can get 3d experience easily (of course sometimes you will need to come back to well coloured 2d world wihout glasses, but it`s a experience that everybody must test)

When i use kinect camera v2 headtrackin it`s like i don`t need to wear the glasses for a little 3d experience, but wearing the glasses  if i close one eye and i move my head side to side i can see the real table in front of me (but with coloured anaglyph).

It`s awesome, but i need to close one eye for that feeling, i think i need more time on table configurations.

About your suggestions i have found a good video as a starting point for correct screen measurements in vpx editor, using the "screen size calibration" table:

If you want to put correct sizes like me, here it`s the link  , very good tutorial.

So i have followed this video and this are my measurements for my screen (see cabinet layout screen section)

Then i will try to use both worlds (built-in anaglyph and reshade program) just because i have prefer reshade, but i have not tested kinect camera v2 with the built-in anaglyph and i think will be better than reshade (i hope to test it soon), and i like to hear from you guys.

Beavies and butthead and more tables works great with built-in anaglyph but the dmd freezed in other tables seems to be a huge problem for me.

Cool

I don´t like to do any bad comment because all technology is good to bring a new feeling for Pinball.

About BAM.

I´ve tried in my 2D TV.

It´s cool but I think that normal 2D is better. Below my feeling about best worlds:

1 - Real Machine

2- VR enviroment - But it´s a bit tired to play for a long time and expend a bit time to start whole system but it´s very cool.

3 - 3D TV - VPX 10.80  GL - 1862 and new releases -  In Built - Flipped interlaced

4 - 3D TV - VPX 10.7 DX9 with Reshade DX9  interlaced - I think VPX 10.80 DX9 not good even with Reshade. There is no enough depth as VPX 10.7.

5 - 2D TV - Normal play - It doesn´t matter VPX version

6 - 2D TV - Anaglyph - VPX 10.80 GL - IN BUILT

7 - BAM.

BAM Kinect V2 - Even in 3D TV Interlaced for me was not good. Better normal 3D. Maybe something missing that can wonder.

BAM was not that I though.

About screen size:

No matter so much the settings.

When you adjust the *.INI files and press ENTER in WINDOW mode. you will see a big screen depending on you adjust on screen resolution.

Then you settings your Y,X and so on and press "1" to save yor *.INI table file.

About One eye. "Pirate eye".

Yeah

Try close one eye and try to play in normal 2D TV view.

You can feel depth in a flat screen but not with 2 eyes.

This is the reason that most of BAM videos or 2D videos shows a depth feeling because de camera is monocular.

:otvclap:

#11 Gravy

Gravy

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,082 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Simpsons pinball party

Posted 10 May 2024 - 11:53 PM

I think maybe you are measuring your screen wrong as those cm (not inches) measurements seem very small unless you are using just a laptop screen or something? Do you have a cabinet setup? Also, if things look a little weird even after measuring correctly, try swapping your screen width and height measurements around. It's a little confusing as to whether the width and height are in relation to a landscape physical orientation screen or portrait orientation and whether your windows mode is landscape/portrait.

I suspect your screen is actually 38x21 inches (42 inch diagonal) ,  this would be about 96cm x 53cm measurement (or a little more).

Edited by Gravy, 11 May 2024 - 12:01 AM.

Pinball Addict

#12 Junkyerd

Junkyerd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 11 May 2024 - 05:18 PM

haha..okey..sorry my fault..

I put the wrong ruler measurements hahahah, yes must be 96 cms x 53 cms,  

But please guys remember the PIRATE EYE METHOD, i think must be the good one coming from me.

MUHAHAHA.

Love guys thanks a lot

#13 Junkyerd

Junkyerd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 11 May 2024 - 05:34 PM

About the camera movement in kinect2..

It`s not perfect..sometimes the driver goes to shit and you can see balance or swing when moving from side to side. The solution it`s change driver in BAM settings (restart the kinect 2 driver detection).

There are some tables, depending POV or things like that, you have a little adjusting point window in Z axis where you put the camera point and the camera movement its good.

You move your head (with your parrot upon your shoulder and one eye closed ) to the screen sides and the camera movement it`s tiny. 

If you go out from this adjusting point window, the camera movement it`s exagerated...the less you can get from the real thing.

If you make a good configuration..you have the real pinball in front of you but if you move too much you will see strange things happening (things getting wider and taller suddenly hehhe).

So it`s not perfect, but it`s cool, i like it..

The importance adjusting the POV with BAM headtracking activated it`s the INCLINATION and the two parameters for the Z axis.

You will have a good camera movement adjusting this three parameters (inclination and z axys),

But there are some tables very hard to get a good camera movement

Edited by Junkyerd, 11 May 2024 - 05:36 PM.

#14 digitalarts

digitalarts

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Judge Dredd (have the real one); all virtual EM's

Posted 11 May 2024 - 08:25 PM

Ok, i have a kinect 2, but no parrot. So i fear no useful measurement for me.
And sometimes i see strange things, even without powered kinect

#15 Junkyerd

Junkyerd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 13 May 2024 - 07:17 PM

The parrot it`s only for friendship and share results..

The parrot claims when you are in the Z axys good point...

For me and my parrot the good point for camera movement iin the z axys it`s where the camera movement it`s near to the lowest movement.

Maybe too much rum for the waiting (no ships on the horizon)

:db:

#16 Emanoel299

Emanoel299

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 May 2024 - 07:23 PM

The parrot it`s only for friendship and share results..

The parrot claims when you are in the Z axys good point...

For me and my parrot the good point for camera movement iin the z axys it`s where the camera movement it`s near to the lowest movement.

Maybe too much rum for the waiting (no ships on the horizon)

:db:

hahah

Take in mind to get a good "POV" *.INI files is better to use 3D view and not 2D.

Edited by Emanoel299, 13 May 2024 - 07:23 PM.