MOZZYL

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: Adams Family

Posted 04 May 2024 - 09:19 AM

So i finally took the plunge and updated to windows 11 and the new baller installer 64bit and have everything working as before, all my LED working in FP, VPX32bit, FX3, Mame, Steam, Doflinx all good, however i cannot for the life of me get DOF64bit working, 32bit is all working good though.

I have both shortcuts working in my tables folder pointing to both Directoutput and Directoutput64 and copied everything over from DOF32 to DOF64 but im getting nothing, no lights or backglass.

What i cannot understand is how does VPX64 know to use the Directoutput64 folder and vice versa with 32bit. I have read tons of stuff on this now but still cannot understand why my DOF64 not working. Is there some folder i need to change to tell VPX64 to use the directoutput64 instead of just the directoutput folder. It was years ago when i set up DOF originally so i have forgotten everything about it really.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated :) 

#2 Wolfman63

Wolfman63

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Centaur

Posted 04 May 2024 - 12:52 PM

You cannot simply copy 32 bit to a 64 bit folder. Here is the link for the 64 bit file https://nailbuster.c...ctOutputx64.zip

#3 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,455 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 04 May 2024 - 02:16 PM

In Windows, 32 bits programs and 64 bits programs cannot communicate with each other, as they run in different memory locations. So if you update VPX to 64 bits then you must update all the other programs too.

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#4 MOZZYL

MOZZYL

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 May 2024 - 03:18 PM

You cannot simply copy 32 bit to a 64 bit folder. Here is the link for the 64 bit file https://nailbuster.c...ctOutputx64.zip

Sorry what i should of said is i have downloaded that file and only updated the config file in it as per instruction on nailbusters page, but im still getting nothing?

In Windows, 32 bits programs and 64 bits programs cannot communicate with each other, as they run in different memory locations. So if you update VPX to 64 bits then you must update all the other programs too.

This was the latest baller installer 6bit with everything updated. What else should i be updating?

#5 Mike DA Spike

Mike DA Spike

Pinball Fan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 1,209 posts

• Flag: Netherlands

• Favorite Pinball: Too many to mention

Posted 04 May 2024 - 05:08 PM

Could you please confirm if you have created a shortcut in the plugin64 folder of b2sserver and directed it to the 64-bit version of DOF? Additionally, please verify if the DOF64 plugin is active within b2s. To do this, open a vpx table with backglass, right-click on the backglass to access the settings, and then click on plugins. DOF should be visible without any errors.

331ddabcc742f0ba74791e946eb0f791.gif Try PinballX Database manager as a replacement of PinballX's game list manager
With special thanks to Scutters 

#6 MOZZYL

MOZZYL

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 May 2024 - 06:10 PM

Could you please confirm if you have created a shortcut in the plugin64 folder of b2sserver and directed it to the 64-bit version of DOF? Additionally, please verify if the DOF64 plugin is active within b2s. To do this, open a vpx table with backglass, right-click on the backglass to access the settings, and then click on plugins. DOF should be visible without any errors.

I dont have an actual b2sserver folder, my folder structure is vPinball/VisualPinball/Tables and there i have 2 folders called plugins and plugins64. Both have working shortcuts, plugins goes to DOF and plugins64 to DOF64. I cannot test the backglass because i cant get one to load up and ive tried all of the new VPW now.

#7 Mike DA Spike

Mike DA Spike

Pinball Fan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 1,209 posts

• Flag: Netherlands

• Favorite Pinball: Too many to mention

Posted 05 May 2024 - 05:33 PM

So no backglass is working for you ?

331ddabcc742f0ba74791e946eb0f791.gif Try PinballX Database manager as a replacement of PinballX's game list manager
With special thanks to Scutters 

#8 Urko

Urko

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 159 posts

• Favorite Pinball: The Shadow

Posted 05 May 2024 - 10:59 PM

I dont have an actual b2sserver folder, my folder structure is vPinball/VisualPinball/Tables and there i have 2 folders called plugins and plugins64. Both have working shortcuts, plugins goes to DOF and plugins64 to DOF64. I cannot test the backglass because i cant get one to load up and ive tried all of the new VPW now.

I have my backglass server files in my Tables folder also  and no problems atall, it isnt that that is causing your issue.

Have you run the register file for the backglass server ?

Check your paths in your DOF/64 ini files.

Edited by Urko, 05 May 2024 - 11:06 PM.

#9 MOZZYL

MOZZYL

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 May 2024 - 08:11 PM

Hmm i dont think i have this set up at all in 64bit. So to recap ive followed baller installer instructions and have created the pathway for 64bit, this is exactly the same as my working 2bit file and I have edited my Globalconfig_Bserver file to the 64bit pathways. I dont have any DOF.ini files except the downloaded ones from Dofconfig tool directoutputconfig30 and 20 and these work in 32bit.............but i have just tried my DOFtester.exe in 32bit and it works as expected but i get nothing in the 64bit one, does not even open up, so im defiantly missing something.
How do you register for the backglass because that does not even open on any table, only in 32bit.
Appreciate the help

#10 fhjui

fhjui

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Hyperball from Williams

Posted 09 May 2024 - 09:18 PM

Take a look at my documentation and follow the steps described there in chapter 10.

https://mega.nz/fold...wAXZlOEMQGbdutQ

It's the PDF-file "Installation VPinball Software - with Baller-Installer 1.5 v1.04 EN online.pdf" in the subdir "Installation vpin-software with baller installer"

#11 MOZZYL

MOZZYL

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 May 2024 - 06:31 PM

Take a look at my documentation and follow the steps described there in chapter 10.

https://mega.nz/fold...wAXZlOEMQGbdutQ

It's the PDF-file "Installation VPinball Software - with Baller-Installer 1.5 v1.04 EN online.pdf" in the subdir "Installation vpin-software with baller installer"

Thanks a lot fhjui i will give this a go tomorrow and hopefully get it running in 64bit.