Enthusiast

• Gold Supporter
  • 167 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness / Lethal Weapon 3

• PS3 Gamer Tag: Andypc
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Andypc

Posted 04 February 2017 - 01:25 AM

1.2.1 has a frame rate problem with adaptive VSync "2" have the same issue on both Pokémon and Ghostbusters 1.2.1. going back to 1.2.0 and it's fine rock solid 60fps.

1.2.1 frame rate jumps all over the place 300fps one second then 50fps the next. Really broken for me, but previous version is fine

Double checked and all the setting are exactly the same.

#182 Joppnl

Joppnl

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

• Flag: Netherlands

• Favorite Pinball: Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion......

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:35 PM

Mr JP,

thank you for the update : 1.2.1 is running here as smooth as the one without the UltraDMD.

My only problem with both versions is that sometimes the ball is 'lost'.

The game doesn't know there isn't a ball anymore there and it keeps doing...nothing..(but wait).

So....first problem is that it doesn't keep track of the ball very well (I did find this happen after draining the last ball in MB, not sure if it also happens when playing 1 ball, I didn't notice that) and second is that there is no ball-search routine like in other machines so the only thing to do is to exit the game.... (and of course have a fa-bu-lous score at that moment :hmm:   )

If there's anything I can do to help you solve this problem just let me know, otherwise I will wait for the update :love39:

#183 Thalamus

Thalamus

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,831 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: GOT, Alien Star, LOTR, TOM

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:47 PM

1.2.1 has a frame rate problem with adaptive VSync "2" have the same issue on both Pokémon and Ghostbusters 1.2.1. going back to 1.2.0 and it's fine rock solid 60fps.

1.2.1 frame rate jumps all over the place 300fps one second then 50fps the next. Really broken for me, but previous version is fine

You don't by any chance have downloaded a newer vpinballx.exe somewhere ? I see you also visit the other site, and running a beta version of this file was the main culprit for me experiencing exactly what you describe here.

From now on. I won't help anyone here at VPF. Please ask Noah why that is.

#184 latin625

latin625

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Avatar

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:44 PM

Hi, How do I get the ultraDMD to :

1. Settings?  I cant get the dMD window with settings to show up
  2. Move the ULTRADMD from the playfield to my PINDMD

#185 Andypc

Andypc

Enthusiast

• Gold Supporter
  • 167 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness / Lethal Weapon 3

• PS3 Gamer Tag: Andypc
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Andypc

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:08 PM

You don't by any chance have downloaded a newer vpinballx.exe somewhere ? I see you also visit the other site, and running a beta version of this file was the main culprit for me experiencing exactly what you describe here.

I was using the beta of 10.21, but am now running 10.21 final. I have updated all the scripts that came with 10.21final, but am still getting this issue. Not sure what has changed between v1.2.0 and v1.2.1 that is causing the issue? DOF or UltraDMD script changes? (I don't use DOF) I am getting the same issue with the latest version of a couple of JP's other tables (Mortal Kombat 2 etc) I am just running the slightly older version on my cab for the time being, but there is something in the latest versions causing a problem that wasn't there before.

I figured a video of the issue would make it much clearer to see what I am talking about. I don't have an issue with any other tables on my set-up. The video shows both versions running with exactly the same settings. v1.2.0 rock solid 60fps, v1.2.1 fps jumping up and down.

I posted this on the JP Ghostbuster thread on VPF, but thought someone hear may know the answer. V1.2.0 of JP tables run perfectly, but there is an issue with v1.2.1 Not sure what has changed between v1.2.0 and v1.2.1 that is causing the issue? DOF or UltraDMD script changes? (I don't use DOF) Using adaptive Vsync (Option 2) v1.2.0 is rock solid 60fps, v1.2.1 fps jumping up and down.I am getting the same issue with the latest version of a couple of JP's other tables (Mortal Kombat 2 etc) I am just running the slightly older version on my cab for the time being, but there is something in the latest versions causing a problem that wasn't there before.

I figured a video of the issue would make it much clearer to see what I am talking about. I don't have an issue with any other tables on my set-up. The video shows both versions running with exactly the same settings.

Hope this helps solve the problem.

Edited by Andypc, 18 March 2017 - 06:21 PM.

#186 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,430 posts

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

The problem is the ULtraDMD. Just turn off that UltraDMD timer. And I guess the adaptive sync value of 2 is not 100% tested on all the configurations.

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#187 masalaja

masalaja

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

• Flag: Spain

• Favorite Pinball: Tales of the Arabian Nights / Fun house/

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:59 PM

una pregunta jpsalas, ¿como hago para mover el dmd de esta mesa?, tengo un gabinete y me gustaria moverla a la segunda pantalla.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A question jpsalas, how do I move the dmd of this table ?, I have a cabinet and I would like to move it to the second screen.

#188 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,430 posts

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:59 PM

una pregunta jpsalas, ¿como hago para mover el dmd de esta mesa?, tengo un gabinete y me gustaria moverla a la segunda pantalla.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A question jpsalas, how do I move the dmd of this table ?, I have a cabinet and I would like to move it to the second screen.

El único dmd que puedes mover es el UltraDMD. El otro dmd está hecho con reels y está fijo en la primera pantalla, hasta que se añada al VPX la posibilidad de usar más de una pantalla.

----

The only dmd you can move is the UltraDMD. The other dmd is made with reels and it is fixed on the first screen until VPX gets the option to uses more than one screen.

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#189 anthias

anthias

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 500 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Lizards In The City

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:24 AM

wow, JP, that looks amazing! Careful, I might get inspired to work with vp again if I keep seeing this kind of awesome sauce!

screnstoaug21small.gif

#190 BambiPlattfuss

BambiPlattfuss

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, WCS94

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:50 PM

Hey Jp

first of all Great Table and good work! But i found an issue. If i play the Table with VSync off i get about 200 FPS, some ups and downs but abg 200 fps. 
But if i set VPX to Vsync on then when i start the table i have 60 fps. But when i plnge the table teh framerate drops to about 52 fps and jumps up to 110 and back to 50 fps.

Ah if you wnat to know I use VPX 10.2.1 Table Ghostbuster 1.2.1 everything is up to date. PC Speqs AMD FX 4300 - GTX 970 - 16 GB Ram and i use win7

Join the Visual Pinball Junkies Group on Facebook for latest Infos, WIP, cool people and a complete actual installation Guide  https://www.facebook...oups/VPjunkies/

#191 Hellfire666

Hellfire666

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek TNG

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:59 PM

Hello JP,

first of all: great table, a lot of fun to play

However I have a small problem with DOF feedback. all feedback (fan, flashers, solenoids for bumper, slingshots) are working except the flipper solenoids.

Both flipper don't active the corresponding solenoids. They are working for all my other tables, so DOF itself shouldn't be the problem.

Many thanks for any hints/troubleshooting/bug hunting

best regards

Edited by Hellfire666, 05 April 2017 - 12:59 PM.

#192 Spitfire

Spitfire

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 83 posts

• Favorite Pinball: getaway ii highspeed

Posted 08 April 2017 - 02:18 PM

not sure why but not getting any DOF feedback for only this table.  Can anyone help? Thx Joe

#193 Umpa

Umpa

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 737 posts

• Favorite Pinball: AC/DC

Posted 08 April 2017 - 02:45 PM

Have you installed a new dofconfig file lately?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

#194 Spitfire

Spitfire

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:04 PM

I have been messing around with my DOF files to try to get the new VPX Star Trek Version to work with no luck.  I may have installed a New config File then.  All other table work except this and the new stern star trek VPX pinball.

Do I need new DOF install think I'm still running DOF 2? 

If so where do I get the latest version from I see some are running DOF 3??

#195 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

• Favorite Pinball: M M

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:17 PM

Make sure have the latest ini files from the config tool

(DOF) R3 Beta

http://www.vpforums....showtopic=33080

Go to post 5

Edited by Outhere, 10 August 2017 - 02:46 PM.

#196 Spitfire

Spitfire

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 05:26 AM

So Downloaded latest version of DOF and Config INI and all good thankyou.  Can anyone help me with getting the Config ini file automatically downloading to my machine as cant seem to work it out? Thx Joe

#197 faraon

faraon

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: star wars episode1

Posted 09 April 2017 - 05:35 PM

Yes the table is great but where is the animation of this table?

#198 Hellfire666

Hellfire666

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek TNG

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:28 AM

myself I use DOF R3+ from http://www.mjrnet.or...jr-20161019.zip

as I have a pinscape controller (KL25Z)

My dof config ini files are very recent (a week old at most)

and still: no feedback from the flipper solenoids, all other feedback is working (slingshots, bumbers...)

Anyone? Any help?

#199 arngrim

arngrim

DJ Force Feedback

• VIP
  • 2,188 posts

• Flag: Belgium

• Favorite Pinball: Monster bash

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:13 AM

So Downloaded latest version of DOF and Config INI and all good thankyou.  Can anyone help me with getting the Config ini file automatically downloading to my machine as cant seem to work it out? Thx Joe

look at the home page of the configtool, everything is explained there

myself I use DOF R3+ from http://www.mjrnet.or...jr-20161019.zip

as I have a pinscape controller (KL25Z)

My dof config ini files are very recent (a week old at most)

and still: no feedback from the flipper solenoids, all other feedback is working (slingshots, bumbers...)

Anyone? Any help?

i looked at your generated ini from configtool and it seems fine, but to be sure, generate a dof log and check if you have errors

i looked at the table script, last version and i don't see anything wrong there either, so look at the dof logs

#200 Spitfire

Spitfire

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:48 AM

Hi arngrim i have looked at the configtool homepage on many occasions but i must be slow or something but hust cant seem to work out what i need to do? Any further help would be great?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vpx8