Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

b2s dosnt work when adding new tables


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Aklaers

Aklaers

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Location:Ham Lake MN

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Attack From Mars Terminator 2

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:34 AM

I have B2S working great until last night. I have been adding all of these wonderful tables and now i keep getting B2S backglass server EXE has stopped working with the details below. I have everything running as administrator and in xp service pack 3. the funny part is it works great with all the tables i have installed before this. any ideas?

 

 

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: b2sbackglassserverexe.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 52753a02
Problem Signature 04: B2SBackglassServerEXE
Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 52753a02
Problem Signature 07: 2d4
Problem Signature 08: 57
Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidOperationException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
 



#2 Shadowsclassic

Shadowsclassic

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts
  • Location:Depauw, Indiana

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Elvira and the Party Monsters

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:43 AM

Are you getting the error on the ones that were working before last night also?



#3 Aklaers

Aklaers

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Location:Ham Lake MN

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Attack From Mars Terminator 2

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:50 AM

nope they are still working great



#4 Shadowsclassic

Shadowsclassic

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts
  • Location:Depauw, Indiana

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Elvira and the Party Monsters

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:26 AM

Wow, I'm at a loss to help you.  There are two types  B2S & directB2S.

 

dB2S you need the line " Set Controller = CreateObject("B2S.Server")" without the quotes in the script and the two files need to have the exact same name i.e.

Table name.vpt

table name.directb2s

 

B2S tables you should not have to change anything on but if you do rename it only rename the .vpt file leave the .exe exactly as is.

 

As for the dB2S ones, some of them you will have to go into the script and make sure the line  "Set Controller = CreateObject("B2S.Server")" is there and that it is not commented out.  Many of the newer tables the authors have crated nice menus that can be accessed with the "F6" key and you can simply use the check box the select dB2S. Also some of them have it in case statements in he script and you will need to either enter "True" to use B2S or "3" as an option.

 

If I have one B2S and one Db2S table working and I follow all these rules every one of them will work.  I have never had one fail after I initially got the first backglass set up.  Anytime I get an error or a blank backglass screen it has always been one of the above problems.  I have even had to copy and paste the name of a table to the name of a backglass, as I could see nothing wrong with two names but they did not match somewhere and the copy fixed them.

 

I just don't see how one db2s table could work and another one not. If you still can't figure it out pick a table that does not work and let me know. We can try to troubler shoot and see if we can find the answer.

 

Brian



#5 Aklaers

Aklaers

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Location:Ham Lake MN

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Attack From Mars Terminator 2

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:16 PM

ok so here is a really strange thing. I downloaded a new direct b2s for a game that i had working with backglass and everything just was not direct b2s named it properly and that worked but if i add any new game it will not work at all b2s exe keeps telling me it crashes. Also i have all of them named and directed properly in the script. I am at 163 working games. anything i add new gets the b2s backglass exe stopped working error


Edited by Aklaers, 25 November 2014 - 03:27 PM.


#6 Shadowsclassic

Shadowsclassic

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts
  • Location:Depauw, Indiana

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Elvira and the Party Monsters

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:47 PM

Okay, lets try this, give me the name of two tables you can't get the db2s to work on.

I will upload my files for you already set up and working. You can drop them in to you tables folder and see if they work.

If they do we know you are missing something when you set them up and we can figure that out.

If they don't... we may have to call in a priest to take a look at your system. :rolleyes: 



#7 Aklaers

Aklaers

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Location:Ham Lake MN

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Attack From Mars Terminator 2

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:59 PM

ok 1 would be the 250cc inder game. the second would be midieval madness



#8 Shadowsclassic

Shadowsclassic

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts
  • Location:Depauw, Indiana

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Elvira and the Party Monsters

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:35 AM

Okay, copy these four files exactly as they are to your tables directory and see if they work. I just double checked and they work fine on my system. Let me know what happens.

 

https://www.dropbox....M8d4-_gPBa?dl=0



#9 Aklaers

Aklaers

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Location:Ham Lake MN

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Attack From Mars Terminator 2

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:44 AM

ok so i copied them exact started the table in vp990 table works but i get the backglass server exe has stopped working



#10 Shadowsclassic

Shadowsclassic

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts
  • Location:Depauw, Indiana

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Elvira and the Party Monsters

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:40 AM

That really does not make any sense to me. the only thing I can think of here is that the server is overtaxing your system.

 

Wait you said that it was working "until last night" Did you update any drivers or install any software prior to that "night" ? 



#11 Aklaers

Aklaers

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Location:Ham Lake MN

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Attack From Mars Terminator 2

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:26 AM

nope. I actually just added some games and that was it. i have gotten fed up with it and have been reinstalling vp and now i cant even start a table. i keep getting fatal error: HRESULT88760868 At.. Renderdevice.cpp:406



#12 Shadowsclassic

Shadowsclassic

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts
  • Location:Depauw, Indiana

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Elvira and the Party Monsters

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:44 AM

Wow, I hate to say this but if it was me I would just start from scratch. Nuke and rebuild as we use to say.



#13 Aklaers

Aklaers

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Location:Ham Lake MN

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Attack From Mars Terminator 2

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:46 AM

I thin thats what i may end up doing. wont be tonight but it will happen



#14 william

william

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Anything from Bally or Williams

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:07 AM

You can always try to take your video settings down to the bare minimum. Set your video preferences to 512. I was having the hresult crash on about 3 tables and played around with the settings and got all 3 working. Strange thing is one was only playing at 512 and now it plays at 2048. Go figure!!