Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

Elvis table won't load DMD & DBS Backglass at the same time?


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 SteveB69

SteveB69

    Sir

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Location:Sussex, UK

  • Flag: United Kingdom

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, Elvis, Abracadabra, Cactus Canyon, S.T.T.N.G

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:41 AM

First time I have come across this, when I run the Elvis table, the DMD loads fine.

However when I change the line

Set Controller = CreateObject("VPinMAME.Controller")

to

Set Controller = CreateObject("B2S.Server")

 

like I always have to enable b2s, the DMD stops running and nothing I do will bring it back, except for deleting that line?

Any clues anyone???

 

 


The PC: Win 7: 3.59 AMD A8-5600K APU, 8GB RAM. NVidia Geforce GT560 ti (Playfield), AMD Radeon HD 7560D (Backglass & DMD)

The Cab: 5 x Contactors (2 x Flippers, 3 x Bumpers), 20 x LEDs 8 for slingshots, 12 for bumpers. 3 x Strobe Lights - Run through Ledwiz

Buttons: 2 x Flippers, 2 x Magna Saves, 1 & 2 player, Start, Launch Ball, 6 admin buttons - Run through IPac.

Pacman%20banner.png


#2 mitchelwb

mitchelwb

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Sing Along

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:02 PM

I don't know if it's the same issue I've had, but check this thread out:  http://www.vpforums....topic=24835&hl=

 

I will say though that Elvis is the one table I've still had issues with.  I'm not sure why.  But as of last night, I have 151 tables on my machine, all using this tweak, and Elvis is the ONLY one that still has issues booting correctly every time.  The only other sterns I have loaded so far are RCT and LotR, but they both work fine.  I had already started doing this to all my tables when I installed RCT, but LotR was notorious for this behavior before I found the solution.


WIP Cabinet build: Intel i3-3225 | 4Gb 1600 DDR3 | 64Gb SSD | Gigabyte GTX 650 2Gb video | Modified Slugfest cabinet


#3 Aaron James

Aaron James

    <<< Grand Champion >>>

  • VIP
  • 1,408 posts
  • Location:Shelby Township, Michigan

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Docking Complete...Negative...You Must Redock...Redock Now!



Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:47 PM

Or try this, with region optimization on, and then off, and see if there's any difference.
I'd keep the other two checked always though.

I leave region optimization off / unchecked and Elvis NEVER gives me trouble. Hope this maybe helps.

Attached Files


vpsig.jpg


#4 SteveB69

SteveB69

    Sir

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Location:Sussex, UK

  • Flag: United Kingdom

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, Elvis, Abracadabra, Cactus Canyon, S.T.T.N.G

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:26 PM

I leave region optimization off / unchecked and Elvis NEVER gives me trouble. Hope this maybe helps.

 

 

Darn, just saw this post after I had turned all off, will try this later :-)


The PC: Win 7: 3.59 AMD A8-5600K APU, 8GB RAM. NVidia Geforce GT560 ti (Playfield), AMD Radeon HD 7560D (Backglass & DMD)

The Cab: 5 x Contactors (2 x Flippers, 3 x Bumpers), 20 x LEDs 8 for slingshots, 12 for bumpers. 3 x Strobe Lights - Run through Ledwiz

Buttons: 2 x Flippers, 2 x Magna Saves, 1 & 2 player, Start, Launch Ball, 6 admin buttons - Run through IPac.

Pacman%20banner.png


#5 Aaron James

Aaron James

    <<< Grand Champion >>>

  • VIP
  • 1,408 posts
  • Location:Shelby Township, Michigan

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Docking Complete...Negative...You Must Redock...Redock Now!



Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:52 AM

These results are not typical. Prices and participation may vary. Void where prohibited. See store for details


Edited by Aaron James, 16 July 2013 - 12:53 AM.

vpsig.jpg


#6 SteveB69

SteveB69

    Sir

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Location:Sussex, UK

  • Flag: United Kingdom

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, Elvis, Abracadabra, Cactus Canyon, S.T.T.N.G

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:26 PM

Unfortunately region optimization off / unchecked  didn't make any difference.

 

Have just been playing around trying to get it to work but no matter what, as soon as the line

Set Controller = CreateObject("B2S.Server") is entered into the script the DMD does not load, can't Alt + TAB as it didn't start in first place?

 

So why in this script does this happen, shame as it is a really good table.


The PC: Win 7: 3.59 AMD A8-5600K APU, 8GB RAM. NVidia Geforce GT560 ti (Playfield), AMD Radeon HD 7560D (Backglass & DMD)

The Cab: 5 x Contactors (2 x Flippers, 3 x Bumpers), 20 x LEDs 8 for slingshots, 12 for bumpers. 3 x Strobe Lights - Run through Ledwiz

Buttons: 2 x Flippers, 2 x Magna Saves, 1 & 2 player, Start, Launch Ball, 6 admin buttons - Run through IPac.

Pacman%20banner.png


#7 Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman

    Pinball Wizard

  • VIP
  • 3,242 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness / Champion Pub



Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

Don't know if I could handle a full blown dB2S Backglass with flashers, the full works playing the Elvis Table!

 

This is why STERN didn't go for it in the first place and left a 'dull' Backglass instead .. ;)

 

I like it to keep it as original as possible .. just a matter of choice I guess .. ;)


'Flying Dutchman'

In need for a Backglass or 'Active Backglass / UVP' please 'click' on below and visit the complete revised website at:
Posted Image

#8 SteveB69

SteveB69

    Sir

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Location:Sussex, UK

  • Flag: United Kingdom

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, Elvis, Abracadabra, Cactus Canyon, S.T.T.N.G

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

I don't have any backglass, the only backglass I can find is the b2s which er doesn't work!


The PC: Win 7: 3.59 AMD A8-5600K APU, 8GB RAM. NVidia Geforce GT560 ti (Playfield), AMD Radeon HD 7560D (Backglass & DMD)

The Cab: 5 x Contactors (2 x Flippers, 3 x Bumpers), 20 x LEDs 8 for slingshots, 12 for bumpers. 3 x Strobe Lights - Run through Ledwiz

Buttons: 2 x Flippers, 2 x Magna Saves, 1 & 2 player, Start, Launch Ball, 6 admin buttons - Run through IPac.

Pacman%20banner.png


#9 Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman

    Pinball Wizard

  • VIP
  • 3,242 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness / Champion Pub



Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:20 PM

Here you go .. ;)

 

Backglass image and .uvp for Elvis .. once again, no activity at all .. later STERN Tables = one bulp .. ;)

 

Have fun,

 

Cheers,

FD.

 

Attached Files


'Flying Dutchman'

In need for a Backglass or 'Active Backglass / UVP' please 'click' on below and visit the complete revised website at:
Posted Image

#10 SteveB69

SteveB69

    Sir

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Location:Sussex, UK

  • Flag: United Kingdom

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, Elvis, Abracadabra, Cactus Canyon, S.T.T.N.G

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

Thanks Flying Dutchman, only thing is I donb't use the uvp backglass thing.

 

I tried it at the beginning but found that the b2s glasses were much easier to set up, just this one Elvis one I'm having a problem with.

 

Or is there a way to use the image you attached to display as the backglass without having to set up UVP??


The PC: Win 7: 3.59 AMD A8-5600K APU, 8GB RAM. NVidia Geforce GT560 ti (Playfield), AMD Radeon HD 7560D (Backglass & DMD)

The Cab: 5 x Contactors (2 x Flippers, 3 x Bumpers), 20 x LEDs 8 for slingshots, 12 for bumpers. 3 x Strobe Lights - Run through Ledwiz

Buttons: 2 x Flippers, 2 x Magna Saves, 1 & 2 player, Start, Launch Ball, 6 admin buttons - Run through IPac.

Pacman%20banner.png


#11 RNunez187

RNunez187

    Enthusiast

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 250 posts
  • Location:Mundelein, IL

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Scared Stiff

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: RNunez187
  • 360 Gamer Tag: RNunez187

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:00 AM

Have you clicked on the backglass, hit S for settings, and made sure that you have the DMD visible?  I've never had any issues with any b2s backglasses.

 

Rudy


stfsgv.png