Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

The dB2S Tweak I always do...

directb2s exit pause tweak

  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 darquayle

darquayle

    Enthusiast

  • VIP
  • 200 posts
  • Location:St. Louis, Missouri

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire, Medieval Madness

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:51 AM

Since converting my UVP backglasses to the newer Directb2s versions one change that I've tweaked on my tables is to make sure they include the following:

 

 Sub Table1_Paused:Controller.Pause = 1:End Sub
 Sub Table1_unPaused:Controller.Pause = 0:End Sub
 Sub Table1_exit:Controller.Stop:End Sub

 

A lot of tables have the Paused and unPaused subroutines but most do not have the exit routine.  For me, running on Windows 7 32bit, I've found that adding the exit subroutine provides a much cleaner exit from a running table.  Note, if your table name in the editor is something other than Table1 (which many are), then you just change Table1 to whatever your table is named in the editor.

 

 



#2 Hyper

Hyper

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: MM, Tommy & AFM

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

Thanks.

I've tried it with Tommy_HD_FS_BMPR_GI_MOD_1.0 because when I exit this table the animation/sound was still going on.

After adding Sub Table1_exit:Controller.Stop:End Sub the table exits right away.



#3 SPARKY70

SPARKY70

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: FUNHOUSE

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

Interesting. My grateful dead takes forever to exit. I'll give this a try. Thanks

#4 PepsNet

PepsNet

    Neophyte

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

  • Flag: Sweden

  • Favorite Pinball: Adams Family

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

Thanks.

I've tried it with Tommy_HD_FS_BMPR_GI_MOD_1.0 because when I exit this table the animation/sound was still going on.

After adding Sub Table1_exit:Controller.Stop:End Sub the table exits right away.

I dont understand where to put the string?



#5 Hyper

Hyper

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: MM, Tommy & AFM

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:46 PM

Into the table script.



#6 ressof

ressof

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

  • Flag: Sweden

  • Favorite Pinball: World Cup Soccer

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:23 AM

Insted of putting these lines in the table script you can add

vpminit me

 

if you have the latest core.vbs file. Then the exit and pause/unpause subs are called from core.vbs

 

Most table have this line already under the init sub, but sometimes I have to add it.



#7 Hyper

Hyper

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: MM, Tommy & AFM

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

Your suggestion also works great.

I tried it with this table: Tommy_HD_FS_BMPR_GI_MOD_1.0, because that's the table which would continue for a few seconds after the exit commando was given.

In the table script was vpminit me not there.

After adding it, it closes like it should.



#8 Agrajag

Agrajag

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

  • Flag: United Kingdom

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Trek TNG

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

I'm very glad to find out about this, as I've just started setting up some dB2S tables and VP has been crashing every time. It's always nice when there's a simple solution to what appears to be a difficult problem!

#9 The Loafer

The Loafer

    Pinball Wizard

  • VIP
  • 3,472 posts
  • Location:Embrun, Ontario, Canada

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Superman, Firepower & Tron



Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

Interesting. My grateful dead takes forever to exit. I'll give this a try. Thanks

 

Did you ever try this?  I don't have any issues but I was curious as if I understand correctly, this is for VPM tables and the grateful dead is not a VPM table.  Just curious.







Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: directb2s, exit, pause, tweak