Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

db2s Settings dialog


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Gilrock

Gilrock

    Enthusiast

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 169 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Time Warp

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

Hi everyone,

 

I'm building a machine and have a build thread over in the HyperPin forums...  I was trying to get the direct backglass server stuff working last night.  I downloaded just one table...Circus Voltaire.  I actually had the animated backglass working but I couldn't figure out how to get it to not cover up the DMD window.  For now I only have 2 monitors and later will have a DMD once its shipped to me.  I temporarily just set the backglass height a little smaller so that I could see the DMD.  For some reason I had to set the backglass value to 1 even though I'm pretty sure the playfield is monitor 1.  Any other value and the backglass covered the playfield.

 

My main issue is the instructions said I could mouse click the backglass and type S on the keyboard to bring up the settings.  I tried every combination I could think of and couldn't get a settings dialog to appear.  Unless it's case sensitive and needed a capital S because I think I only tried lower case s's.

 

Thanks,

Gil



#2 Bob5453

Bob5453

    I'm taking a nap

  • VIP
  • 3,896 posts
  • Location:Near Dayton, Ohio USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Any table I can play while sitting in a rocking chair




  • Trophies:

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

Right click on 2nd monitor, hold down mouse button when right clicking and hit s while holding down mouse button....

Posted Image

You have discovered an Easter egg. Pat yourself on the back.


#3 Gilrock

Gilrock

    Enthusiast

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 169 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Time Warp

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

Yeah I don't know what's wrong but that doesn't work for me.

 

Gil



#4 Bob5453

Bob5453

    I'm taking a nap

  • VIP
  • 3,896 posts
  • Location:Near Dayton, Ohio USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Any table I can play while sitting in a rocking chair




  • Trophies:

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:30 AM

I would assume you need to start over on your DirectB2S Server install and then use the directions that come with it.

http://www.vpforums....ct b2s server

Edited by Bob5453, 22 March 2013 - 12:35 AM.

Posted Image

You have discovered an Easter egg. Pat yourself on the back.


#5 Bob5453

Bob5453

    I'm taking a nap

  • VIP
  • 3,896 posts
  • Location:Near Dayton, Ohio USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Any table I can play while sitting in a rocking chair




  • Trophies:

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:53 AM

I just looked and I don't see a Direct B2S table backglass for Circus Voltaire, so you are probably trying to do direct B2S stuff with a non Direct B2s backglass :) Try a different table that actually uses the Direct B2S system and not the old B2S system.

Posted Image

You have discovered an Easter egg. Pat yourself on the back.


#6 Gilrock

Gilrock

    Enthusiast

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 169 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Time Warp

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:27 AM

Yep you're right...thanks for setting me straight.  I downloaded and configured the server correctly but I had gone to the downloads area and grabbed a B2S table.  This is actually great news because now I see with this method I won't need to re-download tables.

 

I'm still not sure why I'm still having to set the Backglass number to 1 but it's working like that.  I get a periodic flash on the backglass...not sure if that's because I'm driving everything from one video card or not.  It's got quite a bit of horsepower.

 

I tried the KISS backglass first and it's awesome.  I used to own that machine when I was younger.  I paid for one repair and when I didn't want to pay for the second failure my uncle bought it and next thing I know he's taken the legs and the back off and was using it as a coffee table.

 

Thanks,

Gil



#7 nepion

nepion

    Neophyte

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 6 posts

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Trek TNG, F-14 Tomcat, Fish Tales

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

I just looked and I don't see a Direct B2S table backglass for Circus Voltaire, so you are probably trying to do direct B2S stuff with a non Direct B2s backglass :) Try a different table that actually uses the Direct B2S system and not the old B2S system.

 

Thank you very much! I had the same problem.

 

I have T2 Chrome Edition B2S installed and it worked fine. Now I've downloaded and installed the directB2S backglass - it worked, great! Just a little problem: When I launch the table with VP, for one second the "normal" B2S backglass is showing - the the backglass switch to the directB2S version (without grill). Is there anything I can do to fix this? I think I can edit the script, there is a line "ExecuteGlobal GetTextFile("b2s.vbs")" - but how...?!

 

Thanks again!


Edited by nepion, 27 August 2013 - 04:40 PM.


#8 htamas

htamas

    Pinball Wizard

  • VIP
  • 2,231 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: Hungary

  • Favorite Pinball: cannot pick just one, and they change anyway



Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:13 PM

For the older B2S tables, there is a LaunchBackglass statement in the script. Set that to "False".

#9 PilzTom

PilzTom

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Location:South of Germany

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Attack From Mars

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:04 PM

To the screen number issue: I have same experience, Windows identifies playfield as display 1 and backglass as display 2, but in screenres.txt I have to set 1 for backglass, otherwise it will not work. So the Windows identification number seems not to be the same as let's say the internal device-ID.

And also nice (cost me about 2 day of trying):

You can rearrange the multimonitor setup in Windows, e.g. to set display 2 to the left of display 1, what means you can move mouse out of the left edge of monitor 1 then. I experimented with a 3rd screen for DMD but disonnected it again and since that display 2 was left from display 1. The effect was that my DMD always were displayed on the playfield and I had to move it manually to second screen each time I started a table. Position was not saved. After changing monitor order it worked! I think playfiled (main-display) upper left corner is 0,0 and when moving DMD to left Pinmame tried to save negative value to registry for x and y position. No idea if this explanation is correct...(BTW the screen ID for B2S Setup is still 1 and working)


Currently building playing a low-cost cab: 39''/27''/15''

System: Intel Core i5-4570, Asus P8Z77-M, 8GB, EVGA GTX650 Ti Boost 1GB, Win10 Pro x64 , 3 screen setup


#10 nepion

nepion

    Neophyte

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 6 posts

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Trek TNG, F-14 Tomcat, Fish Tales

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:23 AM

For the older B2S tables, there is a LaunchBackglass statement in the script. Set that to "False".

 

Thank you! This works well if I launch the table directly from the VP editor. However if I launch the table with hyperpin, it don't close the B2S backglass when I quit the table. Have to do some research about hyperpin I think (lot to learn)! :tup:

 

EDIT: I've solved the problem: If the table name ends with "B2S" FPLaunch start the backglass - even if "LaunchBackglass" is set to "false" in the script. Because I've switched the table to directB2S the "normal" B2S backglass is not needed any more in any case. I had to rename the table files and cut off the "B2S" ending. Now FPLaunch don't start the backglass, the directB2S launch with the table and if I quit to hyperpin everything works well.


Edited by nepion, 28 August 2013 - 07:48 AM.