Backglass fan

• VIP
  • 452 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Yes

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

B2S Backglass Designer installation and version info

Current version of the designer is 1.2.
You need the 'Backglass Server' version 1.2 or higher to run emerging backglasses.

Please notice: You need this backglass designer version to import backglasses with version 1.2

If this is the first version you're installing please follow the installation instructions below.

If you have an older version already installed, please overwrite the older files with these newer files.

Installation:

• The B2S backglass designer requires .NET Framework 4 installed on your computer.
    If it is not installed, it can be downloaded from www.microsoft.com http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

• Unzip all files and use the included folder structure.
    I.e. I have installed the designer in folder 'C:\Games'. After installation I start the designer in 'C:\Games\B2S Backglass Designer':
    Attached File  Install.png   8.55KB   54 downloads

• Start the 'B2SBackglassDesigner.exe'

• Press F1 for the manual or doubleclick the CHM help file. Maybe there is no text on the right because of an OS security option. If this happens rightclick the CHM help file and click on 'Properties'. Maybe you'll find the following text on the 'General' tab:
    "This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer". Click on the "Unblock" button.

• Please follow the manual from the starting chapter 'Introduction'.

• You're ready to create 'directB2S' backglasses.

• Use the 'Import 'directB2S' backglass file ...' feature in the 'File' menu to import already existing backglasses.

Pretty important to me:

• You get no award for being that one with the most uploaded low or medium level backglasses. Try to create awesome backglasses with an authentic and a fantasy mode.
  • Test your backglasses before uploading them.
  • Please read the manual. I spent many hours writing it so IMHO it's worth reading it.
  • There is a chapter called 'Some interesting tips' in the manual. Some very helpful tipps.
  • Use the 'Import 'directB2S' backglass file ...' feature in the 'File' menu to import already existing backglasses.

Change log:

• V1.2: Needed to be able to import backglasses with v1.2 without crash
    • Added a font check during backglass import or backglass project open
    • More animation and rotation stop behaviour added
    • Some minor bug fixes

Edited by Herweh, 09 March 2013 - 10:34 PM.

herwehb2s-avatar-jr-100.pngbreakshot-sig-small3.pngatlantis-sig-small.pngmousinaround-sig6.pngsc-badge1.pnglw-sig.pngembryon-logo0.pngladyluck.pngapollo13_badge3.pngwhirlwind_badge.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Backglass Designer, directB2S, Herweh, B2S, Backglass