20 replies to this topic

#1 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

• Flag: Austria

• Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

As I'm using FP in arcade mode on my cabinet I experienced the problem that the DMD is shown on playfield and on backbox. I just want to remove the one from the playfield as it is not necessary anymore to show there. How can I do that? Thanx!

#2 cyphertribe

cyphertribe

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: nba

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

I have the same question... Drives me hotshit crazy. Also looking forward to this answer.

#3 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

I also noticed that e.g. Jurassic Park has a DMD but on playfield only. The area where it should be on the backglass is black only, so no DMD on the backglass.

So the question would be: How to deactivate a DMD on playfield (to see it on the backglass only) and how to activate a DMD on the backglass (when there is none).

Thanx for any help!

#4 K3V

K3V

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family

• PS3 Gamer Tag: K3V_TNL
  • 360 Gamer Tag: K3V2

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

Just figured this out the other day. You have to go into the "Translite" editor and drag it off of the table. Don't delete it because then the table won't work but just drag it off out onto the whitespace around the back box in the editor. You may have to right click and unlock it.

Here's the post I used to help me: http://www.gopinball...php?f=15&t=2056

#5 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Thanx! That's it! 1000 thanks! :)

#6 cyphertribe

cyphertribe

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

K3V - "the Man"  thanks brotha!

#7 K3V

K3V

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• PS3 Gamer Tag: K3V_TNL
  • 360 Gamer Tag: K3V2

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:20 AM

You got it, guys. I'm still very much learning all this too so I'm glad I could help!

#8 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

Now if FP would have better physics... ;) All jesting aside, it would be nice to have higher gravity in FP - at the moment it's playing as we were on Mars...

#9 JonBaker

JonBaker

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

• Flag: Scotland

• Favorite Pinball: Hong Kong Phooey - Doesn't exist but it should

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

Now if FP would have better physics... ;) All jesting aside, it would be nice to have higher gravity in FP - at the moment it's playing as we were on Mars...

Mars has more gravity than the moon so FP's physics must be improving!  Physics 2.4 make FP more bearable.  Better than VP, I say.

#10 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

Mars has more gravity than the moon so FP's physics must be improving!  Physics 2.4 make FP more bearable.  Better than VP, I say.

I would never compare FP with VP - VP's physics are much much better, more realistic. But I think the slope could be set to 15 or 20 then the FP physics would be good enough!

#11 Glxb

Glxb

Enthusiast

• VIP
  • 385 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: The Addams Family

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

I'm gonna start posting in every thread in the VP section this:

Yeah but I wish you could zoom in and out on the table like FP.

Seriously, why the hell do people feel the need to go off topic everytime someone mentions anything to do with FP. The physics aren't perfect we get it. Some of us still enjoy it though, end of.

GLXB

EDIT:Never mind, just noticed it was original poster going of topic

Edited by Glxb, 27 January 2013 - 04:53 PM.

Follow me on twitter. @GLXB

#12 cyphertribe

cyphertribe

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

I might like VP if the setup was as easy as FP.. (since we are off topic).  I am a total newbie and have yet to play a VP table due to me not being able to set it up correctly. I have gone through tutorial on it over the last 3 nights and still cannot get a table to load correctly. Either there is no sound -no color --cant get a backglass to pull up on any table..so I gave up on it for the time being.. Future PInball is a breeze and plays very well. Trying to learn the program before I put it into a frontend. I am assuming that you need to scale all the tables manually before putting them into a frontend right?

The Frontend seems like another animal...Im scared.  :shutup:   

#13 pinball buzz

pinball buzz

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 823 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: TOM

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

Use both VP and FP especially with the updates to FP :-) Now back on topic, thanks I have been struggling to remember how to move DMD off play field. Cheers buzz
Pinball Buzz - Builder of pinball cabs since May 2008.

See my cab pictures here

http://www.flickr.co...s/94649948@N00/
[/size][/size]

#14 StreetPreacher

StreetPreacher

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

Thanks guys, I had tried deleting it from the translite layer but had the problem with the tables no longer loading.  I'll try just dragging it off the screen, it'll be nice to be able to see that spinning carousel thing at the top left of POTC! :)

#15 maceman

maceman

Home Pinball Machine Collector/ Restorer

• VIP
  • 2,271 posts

• Favorite Pinball: ....**Haunted House**....

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

Hey Guys,

Both VP and FP are very easy to use and set-up. It just takes time to understand what you are doing and then it is like clockwork.

I am still asking some questions and always tweaking, over 2 years later, but I have over 450 tables set-up now via Hyperpin.

You should never delete anything, as a rule, unless you understand the implications. In both VP and FP, you need to check both the PF(playfield) and Translite in the editors respectively if something appears on your screen you don't want. That is what is weird to wrap your head around, but once you have that, it is easy.  What i mean by this is, 'things' put on the translite can appear on your rendered playfield. In older VP creation, decals were put on the translite and yet render on the PF. In FP, same idea...objects on the translite (like the scores) can appear on the PF.

In FP's editor, you have layers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 etc... you can toggle these on or off and see what appears or doesn't. You can do this while looking at the translite and the PF and see what toggles...this is because things are hidden in the off state sometimes to work more cleaner.

So for FP, while in the translite mode in editor, you can drag things off and then load and see the results. Drag them back and check again to see what is happening...  If you want the DMD on the BG, which is what you want in a cab, then you sometimes need to do a step such as to look for the huddmd, copy the name, delete that hud, create a new one(you can see options at bottom of editor) and paste the name you copied. The DMD will now be on the translite (BG) instead of PF.....

Ask some questions and i will try to help further.

Cheers,

Maceman

Edited by maceman, 05 April 2013 - 07:54 PM.

________________________________________________________________________________
Canada Eh!
hm_avatar.pngss_avatar.jpg MODS ys_avatar5.jpggenie_avatar.pngj2o_avatar.png

#16 StreetPreacher

StreetPreacher

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

Thanks Maceman!  Luckily all of the tables I've tried have had backglasses with DMDs that work great on my 2 screen setup so I haven't had to dig too deep into FP table editing :)

BTW, you don't happen to live in Burlington do you?  

#17 maceman

maceman

• VIP
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:12 AM

Close. I am now in Brantford, but grew up in Hamilton. my wife is from Burlington though, so i like Burlington an awful lot :)

________________________________________________________________________________
Canada Eh!

#18 open6l

open6l

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 639 posts

• Favorite Pinball: TRON Legacy

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:23 AM

Off topic but everytime I see the phrase "an awful lot" it reminds me of my grade 5 teacher telling me I could not use that phrase in writing due to incorrect grammar. Likewise you cannot say "pretty bad". I always thought she was full of s*** but then again she was the teacher... Lol.... And now back to the topic :) Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

open6l___gaming.png

#19 maceman

maceman

• VIP
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:32 AM

Grammar is a funny thing. You-Guyzes should know that :)

Canada Eh!

#20 StreetPreacher

StreetPreacher

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

Close. I am now in Brantford, but grew up in Hamilton. my wife is from Burlington though, so i like Burlington an awful lot :)

Cool, I grew up in Mississauga but now live in Hamilton on the escarpment.  I just asked as I was chatting with Jason recently (owner of Toronto Pinball Cafe / The Stowaway in Hamilton), and he mentioned knowing a collector in Burlington who had some cool stuff.  I forget which game, but apparently he has two of them in the same room and one machine is a complete virgin :).  It just sounded like the kind of person who also might spend time on a virtual pinball forum ;)