• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,393 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:22 PM

Back To the Future VP911

Version: 1.0.0
Category: VPinMAME 9.x Recreations

Author(s): jpsalas

Description:
Based on the table by Data East from 1990
This is a conversion of my and Groni's VP8 table. I have changed nearly everything, but some pictures may still have been done by Groni.

It can only be played with VP911 and later, since it uses alpha transparency on the ramps.

I guess the flippers are quite powerful, but I like them like this (I hate to keep pressing the button harder and harder trying to get a little more power to the flippers smile.gif )

Not much more to say about this table, I guess all you know about it smile.gif only the as all my VP9 tables it is completely angle free.

JP

View File

Submitted by jpsalas, on Mar 5 2011, 01:22 PM

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#2 Sabbat

Sabbat

The Pinball Monk

• VIP
  • 4,506 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

• PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:34 PM

Thank you very much JP!!! You are so fast smile.gif
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#3 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,393 posts

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:37 PM

Yep, 4 days in the making smile.gif Well, the table was already done since it is a conversion from the VP8 (made by me and Groni). But if you compare the versions you'll see a lot of changes, I hope for the better smile.gif Still the script needed editing, the lights, the ramps, etc. Also if you notice the playfield and plastics, I have removed that yellow light color, so practically all the images needed to be redone.

Edited by jpsalas, 05 March 2011 - 05:40 PM.

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#4 Wizards_Hat

Wizards_Hat

Pinball Fan

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: STTNG

• Trophies:

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:40 PM

It's excellent - thanks JP smile.gif

Regards,
Dan.
A wizard only needs one ball...but can handle six.

#5 WhenLit

WhenLit

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: TZ, Xenon, TOTAN, IJ, EBD, ...

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:42 PM

Hi JP,
another good table for VP9.
I noticed that the left ramp doesn't score anything.
Initially registered in March, 2001.

#6 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,393 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:46 PM

I see the trigger is not on the ramp. This things happens when editing ramps smile.gif I'll upload a revised version in a few minutes smile.gif

vp.jpg

#7 Sabbat

Sabbat

The Pinball Monk

• VIP
  • 4,506 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

• PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:46 PM

yeah, skillshot and left ramp's not working
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#8 bolt

bolt

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,026 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:49 PM

Thank you JP,
for the new version.
You are a very fast table maker.
Posted Image

#9 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,393 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:53 PM

Please, redownload the table, since a trigger was not on the right ramp smile.gif

vp.jpg

#10 rehab

rehab

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

• Flag: Netherlands

• Favorite Pinball: funhouse,AFM,MM

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:55 PM

You are a machine!

Amazing work again! Can't wait for X-files now smile.gif

Thanks!

#11 TheMcD

TheMcD

Pinball Wizard

• VPF Staff
  • 2,461 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Frankenstein, Safecracker, Big Hurt, Four Horsemen, Tommy, X-Files

Contributor

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:16 PM

Nice. Good to see it's back to the high-speed releases again now that VP isn't blocking anymore. Good show.

The McD

P.S. Oh hey! X-Files is next! Whee!

Edited by TheMcD, 05 March 2011 - 07:28 PM.

VPF's resident pinball music fanatic.

The McD's Pinball Music Emporium: YouTube /// MediaFire (old tracks) /// Mega (new tracks)

#12 bolt

bolt

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,026 posts

• Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:42 PM

Thanks for the quick update, the table works perfect now.
Posted Image

#13 smakx

smakx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Fish Tales

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:48 PM

Thanks for another great table. I am getting a weird graphical glitch w/ this that I have never seen on a table. I am using 912 w/ hardware rendering on and the alpha slider at 50%. I have an nvidia card and all of the tables, including newer tables w/ alpha are working great.

What I am seeing are small vertical bars on the upper half of the screen, they flash and there is one on each side of the screen. The bars themselves are random freak-out colors and seem to flash in sequence with a certain sound effect. If I am the only one seeing this, then maybe its a setting on my system, but I am not having issues w/ any other tables. Thanks again for all the work.

"Pinball is the absolute pinnacle of human achievement, the perfect union of art and science, the purpose of mankind's creation and the answer to its greatest mystery, the very meaning of life its self."

#14 FDSystems

FDSystems

Eclectic end-user

• Charter Member
  • 2,476 posts

• Flag: Brazil

• Favorite Pinball: I will have to find out again.............

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:47 PM

Oi! Jp!

Today I deleted one more of your tables from my laptop: whistle.gif
The VP8 version of this one ! biggrin.gif
Thank you for making virtual pinball more v& more amazing! otvclap.gif otvclap.gif otvclap.gif
From Brasil. Updated version of 1234fd

#15 TedB

TedB

Pinball Fan

• Charter Member
  • 705 posts

• Flag: Netherlands

• Favorite Pinball: those with non virtual steel balls

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:50 PM

Thx JP for another superb release. Plays perfect and it is very fast! No glitches here whatsoever. Good graphical improvement, nice new transparent ramp (as the real table has).

Keep the updates coming smile.gif

#16 StevOz

StevOz

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,718 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Scared Stiff

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (smakx @ Mar 6 2011, 04:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for another great table. I am getting a weird graphical glitch w/ this that I have never seen on a table. I am using 912 w/ hardware rendering on and the alpha slider at 50%. I have an nvidia card and all of the tables, including newer tables w/ alpha are working great.

What I am seeing are small vertical bars on the upper half of the screen, they flash and there is one on each side of the screen. The bars themselves are random freak-out colors and seem to flash in sequence with a certain sound effect. If I am the only one seeing this, then maybe its a setting on my system, but I am not having issues w/ any other tables. Thanks again for all the work.

Thanks JP the table looks great, except I'm getting these same glitches here, tried both 16 and 32 bit to no avail, same result.

* I've just tried the FS version and that has no glitches here?

Edited by StevOz, 06 March 2011 - 01:11 AM.

Files I have uploaded here...

http://www.vpforums....ownloads&mid=34

logoshort.gif

#17 Bob5453

Bob5453

I'm taking a nap

• VIP
  • 3,896 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Any table I can play while sitting in a rocking chair

• Trophies:

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (StevOz @ Mar 5 2011, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks JP the table looks great, except I'm getting these same glitches here, tried both 16 and 32 bit to no avail, same result.

* I've just tried the FS version and that has no glitches here?

That is exactly what it does for me.

I changed the Xscale and the YScale (equally to keep a round ball) to a smaller number and it's fixed. Then you can change the Yoffset to a smaller number to raise the table and fill in most of the space at the top that you create by lowering the Yscale. You might be able to just Raise the Yoffset and have it work.

[EDIT] I forgot to say, this is one of the nicest tables ever..... smile.gif Thanks JP!

Edited by Bob5453, 06 March 2011 - 02:49 AM.

Posted Image

You have discovered an Easter egg. Pat yourself on the back.

#18 StevOz

StevOz

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,718 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Scared Stiff

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:57 AM

Cool thanks Bob, must have been an off screen issue then. Here I only had to change the X and Y scales a little to 1.12 each and it still fills the screen. smile.gif

Files I have uploaded here...

http://www.vpforums....ownloads&mid=34

logoshort.gif

#19 smakx

smakx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Fish Tales

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:17 AM

QUOTE (StevOz @ Mar 5 2011, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool thanks Bob, must have been an off screen issue then. Here I only had to change the X and Y scales a little to 1.12 each and it still fills the screen. smile.gif

I changed the x and y to 1.12 like you said and it works great now w/o glitches. Thanks guys and of course JP!
"Pinball is the absolute pinnacle of human achievement, the perfect union of art and science, the purpose of mankind's creation and the answer to its greatest mystery, the very meaning of life its self."

#20 serpiko

serpiko

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: GTB spirit and all the wonderful tables that you make

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:32 AM

JP you are THE DOC!!!!!!! dblthumb.gif

ps:will see in your Inbox how I managed to activate the sound in the system nudge.

thank x1000