• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#41 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,426 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (legtod2 @ Jun 3 2012, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When i launch the table all of the flippers images (open and close images) are visible. So what i see is a fan image arround the flippers making it un playable. Is there a graphics change, or software fix for this.

Running a dual core cpu and gtx 220 windows xp

Turn on hardware rendering. Quit VP and run the table again.

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#42 tamoore

tamoore

Enthusiast

• VIP
  • 378 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Whirlwind

• PS3 Gamer Tag: G33KFR34K

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (preetsei @ May 31 2012, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is great! Thank you for creating it!!

Is there any way to configure this table to use 2 sets of flipper buttons, like the original table?

I was thinking about modding the table for my own use with 2 sets of flipper buttons. Haven't looked at the script yet to see how hard it would be....
I am, therefore I run.

#43 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,426 posts

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:48 AM

1.02 Updated 5 June 2012
- changed nudging to the more normal VP9 way
- fixed plunger scoring error
- tried to fix the ball disappearing when entering the lower playfield.

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#44 RipleYYY

RipleYYY

Belgian do it better !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

• Flag: Belgium

• Favorite Pinball: Bally Lost World

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:39 AM

tanx wink.gif

Aliens 2, Area 51, Asterix, Bally Tribute, ET, Evel Knievel, Frontier, Galaxian, Inspector Gadget, Lilo & Stitch, Looney Tunes, Lost World, Mata Hari, Night Mission, Power Play, Rayman, Rolling Stones 2, Stalker, Santa Odyssey, Tempest, Timon & Pumbaa, Williams Tribute, World Cup 2002, Zombie

Tanx to (alphabetical order) : BLACK, CUTTER, DESTRUK, EALA, JP, JOE ENTROPY, KINSEY, KRISTIAN, LOSERMAN, LUVTHATAPEX, RANDY, SCAPINO, SHIVA, STRANGELEO (hope i did not forget someone... )

#45 JAM0

JAM0

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

• Flag: Spain

• Favorite Pinball: Fathom, Elvira

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:51 AM

Thanks JP. Like the nudging better

#46 bent98

bent98

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Roadshow, Haunted House, Safe Cracker

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:19 PM

The digits ont the lower playfield scoring looks messed up

#47 tamoore

tamoore

Enthusiast

• VIP
  • 378 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Whirlwind

• PS3 Gamer Tag: G33KFR34K

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (bent98 @ Jun 5 2012, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you using the UVP?

A solution to the problem is in this thread.
I am, therefore I run.

#48 bent98

bent98

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Roadshow, Haunted House, Safe Cracker

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (tamoore @ Jun 5 2012, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (bent98 @ Jun 5 2012, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you using the UVP?

A solution to the problem is in this thread.

cool i see it

Thanks

#49 oldskoolgamer

oldskoolgamer

VP Graphic Artist

• VIP
  • 643 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Safe Cracker

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:18 AM

Thank you sir! biggrin.gif
 Posted Image  Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#50 koadic

koadic

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,363 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family/Fish Tales/Medieval Madness

Contributor

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:17 PM

Hey JP, don't know if you would be interested, but I was messing around with the table and was able to come up with a solution where I could drop the main playfield down to a height of only 100 as opposed to 400, thereby allowing for a much better layback view for FS users. The lower playfield is at the same slope as the rest of the table, but I have a scripting solution that fakes a reversed slope to the point it behaves just like if it was on a ramp.

The idea to try something like this had come to me awhile back when I wanted to try and make a custom head to head table with a triggered slope change, but always ran into issues with the scripting until I read about jimmyfingers' momentum mod and figured out what I was doing wrong.

If you're interested, I'll be happy to send you a copy of the modified table so you can look at it. And if not, no biggie, as I really only did it for myself to see if I could smile.gif

10-30-60 Layback settings

10-30-80 Layback settings

#51 htamas

htamas

Pinball Wizard

• VIP
  • 2,156 posts

• Flag: Hungary

• Favorite Pinball: cannot pick just one, and they change anyway

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:07 PM

That is great. Looks much better IMO. It fixes the view of the lower playfield so the tip of the flippers is not covered and the targets' visibility is improved too.

#52 Dazz

Dazz

Pinball Fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone and Cyclone

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (koadic @ Jun 9 2012, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey JP, don't know if you would be interested, but I was messing around with the table and was able to come up with a solution where I could drop the main playfield down to a height of only 100 as opposed to 400, thereby allowing for a much better layback view for FS users. The lower playfield is at the same slope as the rest of the table, but I have a scripting solution that fakes a reversed slope to the point it behaves just like if it was on a ramp.

The idea to try something like this had come to me awhile back when I wanted to try and make a custom head to head table with a triggered slope change, but always ran into issues with the scripting until I read about jimmyfingers' momentum mod and figured out what I was doing wrong.

If you're interested, I'll be happy to send you a copy of the modified table so you can look at it. And if not, no biggie, as I really only did it for myself to see if I could smile.gif

10-30-60 Layback settings

10-30-80 Layback settings
I really like the 10-30-60 view.

Posted Image

#53 maceman

maceman

Home Pinball Machine Collector/ Restorer

• VIP
  • 2,271 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: ....**Haunted House**....

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:04 AM

koadic, can you pm me a copy please smile.gif

Looks very nice!!

Maceman

________________________________________________________________________________
Canada Eh!
hm_avatar.pngss_avatar.jpg MODS ys_avatar5.jpggenie_avatar.pngj2o_avatar.png

#54 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,426 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:47 AM

I think the best, koadic, is that you upload the table as a MOD, sicne I have not much time to check the table just now. This way other people will be checking it.

vp.jpg

#55 koadic

koadic

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,363 posts

Contributor

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE (jpsalas @ Jun 10 2012, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the best, koadic, is that you upload the table as a MOD, sicne I have not much time to check the table just now. This way other people will be checking it.

Ok then, when I get home from work, I'll see about getting it cleaned up a little script wise and get it uploaded. Are the changes in 1.02 mainly script changes? as I used 1.01 to build my mod...

Also, was looking into setting it up to use the magna save buttons for the upper and lower flippers like on the actual cab, and am curious if there was a way to disable the buttons when the table isn't actually running.

#56 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,426 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

1.02 has a few extra walls to prevent the ball from jumping from the under ramps and some script changes.
To use the Magnasave buttons you'll need to check Controller.Lamp(17) if it is on the it is possible to use the flippers, if the lamp is off then they don't work.

vp.jpg

#57 koadic

koadic

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,363 posts

Contributor

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (jpsalas @ Jun 10 2012, 06:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1.02 has a few extra walls to prevent the ball from jumping from the under ramps and some script changes.
To use the Magnasave buttons you'll need to check Controller.Lamp(17) if it is on the it is possible to use the flippers, if the lamp is off then they don't work.

I don't think there will be any issues with the lower ramps as I had to throw a kicker on each one of them to get the ball to the lower playfield correctly since I basically rebuilt it...

As far as the flippers, I had seen that when I looked through the script, what I was wondering about is if there was a way to keep them from working until the game has started and then kill them when the game has finished, since I put the control for the upper and lower flippers in the keyup and keydown subs, they work when the game hasn't started yet, the upper ones work when the lower light is off, and the lower ones work when the light is on... I could probably figure out a way eventually, but thought I would ask and save some time. All in all it doesn't effect the functionality, but for the sake of completeness I wanted it how it 'should' be. I even looked in the Sys80.vbs, and it only specifies a swLRFlip and swLLFlip, unlike some of the other scripts like Williams that has the swURFlip and swULFlip as well.

#58 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,426 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

The flippers are activated by solenoids. In a vpinmame table they are not in keyup/keydown subs. You may leave the normal flippers like they are in the table and then add the magnasave buttons to the keyup/keydown, but made them call a sub in which you'll check for the Controller.Lamp(17). If this lamp is on, then the flippers are enabled so the buttons should work when the button is pressed, if the lamp is off then the buttons shouldn't work.

vp.jpg

#59 Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman

Pinball Wizard

• VIP
  • 3,075 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness / Champion Pub

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:17 AM

One of the BEST ever recreated!

Thanks JPSalas! smile.gif

Cheers,
FD.

'Flying Dutchman'

In need for a Backglass or 'Active Backglass / UVP' please 'click' on below and visit the complete revised website at:
Posted Image

#60 g00se

g00se

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

• Favorite Pinball: F-14 Tomcat

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (Flying Dutchman @ Jun 16 2012, 02:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of the BEST ever recreated!