Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

Junk Yard (FS VP9.9) [VP 9.x Cabinet FS MOD]

JY Junk Yard FS

  • Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#61 aldiode

aldiode

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Location:Monmouth ME

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Silverball Mania

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:35 PM

Michael,

 

What a wonderful update!  This table has really grown into a beauty.

Thanks for your hard work. :dblthumb:

AL



#62 boiydiego

boiydiego

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts
  • Location:baal

  • Flag: Belgium

  • Favorite Pinball: flinstones,t2 chrome edition,wcs,afm,fish tales,medieval,rollercoaster tycoon,taxi

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:31 AM

thx for the update , can there be something done if ballspeed is to fast ? i set slope min max already from 7 to 5.5 and use 9.2.1 but still the ball is rolling fast to fast  realy can hardly follow it thru ramps and holes  :(   i always have it with new tables coming out for me its spooling this nicely made table .i had the highscore on the old table and now hardly cant play for 2 minutes without loosing the 3 balls are there more people that notice this ?


Edited by boiydiego, 28 March 2014 - 12:45 AM.

boiydiego___gebruik-n2kbkyc.png


#63 mfuegemann

mfuegemann

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 1,223 posts
  • Location:Cologne

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, Fast Draw



Contributor

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:48 AM

Hi boiydiego,

 

I did not change any of the physics settings from version 1.4. If You want to slow the ball down, please download version 1.3 and copy the settings for "Dimension&Slope" and "Physics&Graphics" (Backdrop) to the new version.

You have to copy the flipper strength and speed settings too.

 

Regards

Michael


Edited by mfuegemann, 28 March 2014 - 06:48 AM.


#64 MrBungle

MrBungle

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Location:Newcastle NSW

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: TOTAN

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:18 AM

Great table release well done, however I am loosing balls during game play. Do you think this might be a DX9 13 issue?



#65 mfuegemann

mfuegemann

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 1,223 posts
  • Location:Cologne

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, Fast Draw



Contributor

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:39 AM

Hi MrBungle,

 

what do You mean by "loosing balls"? I had an issue with unrecognized ball drains during multiball before the release. So the table thought that there were still balls around and nothing happened anymore. That has been fixed by recreating the autoplunger functionality.

 

I am not using/testing DX9 at the moment because of the crane-decal-problem.

 

Regards

Michael


Edited by mfuegemann, 28 March 2014 - 07:40 AM.


#66 boiydiego

boiydiego

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts
  • Location:baal

  • Flag: Belgium

  • Favorite Pinball: flinstones,t2 chrome edition,wcs,afm,fish tales,medieval,rollercoaster tycoon,taxi

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:11 AM

then it must be in the "Dimension&Slope" and "Physics&Graphics" becuase i use my flippersetting globaly on all my tables .. i only change slope from 7 to 5.5 but that doesnt help getting the ball to go slower thru the ramps or being sucked like crazy thru the holes etc and if you didnt change the "Dimension&Slope" and "Physics&Graphics" from 1.3 to 2.0 but will see when i come home from work realy want to find the problem this is my top 3 most played game on my cab


Edited by boiydiego, 28 March 2014 - 08:29 AM.

boiydiego___gebruik-n2kbkyc.png


#67 bolt

bolt

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,172 posts
  • Location:Kiel / Schleswig Holstein

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:18 AM

Very good update michael, thank you.


Posted Image

#68 boiydiego

boiydiego

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts
  • Location:baal

  • Flag: Belgium

  • Favorite Pinball: flinstones,t2 chrome edition,wcs,afm,fish tales,medieval,rollercoaster tycoon,taxi

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:27 AM

i dont find the 1.3 version anymore do you have link. FOUND THE LINK


Edited by boiydiego, 28 March 2014 - 08:34 AM.

boiydiego___gebruik-n2kbkyc.png


#69 boiydiego

boiydiego

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts
  • Location:baal

  • Flag: Belgium

  • Favorite Pinball: flinstones,t2 chrome edition,wcs,afm,fish tales,medieval,rollercoaster tycoon,taxi

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:47 AM

i checked the setting of 1.4 with 2.0 and there are indeed no change , but realy the speed of ball i see it i feel it strange :(


boiydiego___gebruik-n2kbkyc.png


#70 gogo69

gogo69

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Location:Salzburg

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: hard to tell

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:31 AM

Vielen Dank für das super Update !!!!!

yeah yeah !

das wochenende kann kommen :D

 

lg


my cab : click!


#71 boiydiego

boiydiego

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts
  • Location:baal

  • Flag: Belgium

  • Favorite Pinball: flinstones,t2 chrome edition,wcs,afm,fish tales,medieval,rollercoaster tycoon,taxi

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:41 PM

i checked the setting of 1.4 with 2.0 and there are indeed no change , but realy the speed of ball i see it i feel it strange :(

 

nobody that is seeing or feeling the same thing with newer tables coming out ?


boiydiego___gebruik-n2kbkyc.png


#72 fisch

fisch

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Location:Germany

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: MarsAttack

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:27 PM

Wow, what nice Mod. All things are big.

Tonight I will have a lot of fun with the table.

 

I have two questions:

Is there a way to make the ball a little bit greater  ?

Is there a way to make the flashers a little bit darkly ?

 

Thanks

fisch



#73 mfuegemann

mfuegemann

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 1,223 posts
  • Location:Cologne

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, Fast Draw



Contributor

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:42 PM

Hi fisch,

 

balls - no

flashers - can be implemented in the next update, as I did the same to Rock&Bullwinkle

 

Regards

Michael



#74 Horrible

Horrible

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Location:London

  • Flag: United Kingdom

  • Favorite Pinball: Data East Star Wars, Star Trek 25th

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

Thanks for the update, really enjoying it, good work been done here. 

 

I am experiencing the issues described in the DX9 post (I'm experimenting with DX9 test13 as my primary .exe) regarding the crane coming through the car wall and the labels missing on the back lights, so if anyone has found a way to deal with this it would be great (specific instructions designed for idiots needed here).

 

Keep it up!


Win 7 Pro 64 Bit Sp1, [email protected], 8GB DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 2Gb, NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 1Gb

Crucial MX250Gb Primary' Samsung 840 128 Gb Backup

Corsair CX750 PINDMD3


#75 BobAlbright

BobAlbright

    Pinball Wizard

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,304 posts
  • Location:York, Pa. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:52 PM

Nice job! Thank you

"and in the end , the love you take is equal to the love you make"


#76 Pinball999

Pinball999

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Location:Germany

  • Flag: France

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Wars

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

Hi fisch,

 

balls - no

flashers - can be implemented in the next update, as I did the same to Rock&Bullwinkle

 

Regards

Michael

 

Hi fish, mfuegemann,

 

actually, there is way to make the balls bigger by copying a line in the script.

I believe it's called const_size or something (can't check at the moment).

If I remember correctly, CV platinum edition contains that line. You can copy it from there, or contact me if you don't find it.



#77 mfuegemann

mfuegemann

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 1,223 posts
  • Location:Cologne

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, Fast Draw



Contributor

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:26 PM

Hi

 

Horrible:

the DX9 issues are known and reported to the compatibility list. At the moment there is no way around these errors.

 

Pinball999:

I thought too that I came across this ball size feature - but I will not implement it into an official release. So if one wants to change the size, fell free to adjust Your table.

I will post the line of code if i find it. The documentation is still a bit behind.

 

Edit: Found it in CV Platinum starting at line 1339. I do not recommend changing the ball size, as I test my ramps and passages only with standard sized balls.

 

Regards

Michael


Edited by mfuegemann, 28 March 2014 - 04:35 PM.


#78 Pinball999

Pinball999

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Location:Germany

  • Flag: France

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Wars

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

Hi

 

Horrible:

the DX9 issues are known and reported to the compatibility list. At the moment there is no way around these errors.

 

Pinball999:

I thought too that I came across this ball size feature - but I will not implement it into an official release. So if one wants to change the size, fell free to adjust Your table.

I will post the line of code if i find it. The documentation is still a bit behind.

 

Edit: Found it in CV Platinum starting at line 1339. I do not recommend changing the ball size, as I test my ramps and passages only with standard sized balls.

 

Regards

Michael

 

Yes, it should always be "at your own risk" :)

But line 1339 seems pretty far in the script, it should normally appear much closer to the top, no?

 

I did not have the chance to play with your update yet, but will give it try this WE :)



#79 fisch

fisch

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Location:Germany

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: MarsAttack

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:28 AM

Hi Michael and mfuegemann,

 

 

(Edit: Found it in CV Platinum starting at line 1339. I do not recommend changing the ball size, as I test my ramps and passages only with standard sized balls.)

 

I will try it and see what passed.



#80 mfuegemann

mfuegemann

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 1,223 posts
  • Location:Cologne

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, Fast Draw



Contributor

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:49 PM

Hi fisch,

 

good luck!

 

Michael







Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: JY, Junk Yard, FS