Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Junk Yard WIP


  • Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

#41 wtiger

wtiger

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 1,149 posts
  • Location:Los Angeles, CA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Junkyard



Contributor

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:15 PM

Nealtron, you ROCK! dblthumb.gif

#42 Oskari14

Oskari14

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

  • Flag: Finland

  • Favorite Pinball: Junk yard

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:08 AM

I Installed Vp9 to my computer! Can't wait! dblthumb.gif
PINBALL4EVER!!!!!!!

#43 BarryS

BarryS

    Enthusiast

  • Silver Supporter
  • 304 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: LOTR

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (Nealtron @ Nov 11 2010, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I've got good news, (for those who didn't already know): I found someone to finish the playfield redraw, or they found me. oooPLAYER1ooo has offered to re-do the whole thing from scratch, even offered to redraw my plastics, and the work is looking fantastic so far. And judging by his progress, I don't think it will take him very long.

As for the table, I've made quite a bit of progress on it, although not much has changed visually. It's got a fully-functioning script, with a working "toilet-flush" effect and retractable scoop. The ball and chain is also working and no longer jerks around like the old version, it does twitch a slight bit but I'm trying to make it sit perfectly motionless when it's still. Anyway, just using the color red for all the lights right now, except those on the backglass, which, like my VP8 mod, is a collage of images from the original backglass:



So I just need about 6 more links on the chain, I think. And once I get the finished redraws I'll get some cool lighting going on- I want it to have kind of a night-mod appearance so the flashers seem nice and dramatic. ID4 full screen is coming soon too.


Looks amazing...

Please tell me that a FS version is coming out too. smile.gif

#44 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,383 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:30 PM

I found a web site with a lot of info, tips and pictures for this table. I thought that maybe you should like to know about it:

http://www.oscarvandriel.nl/

JP

If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#45 Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman

    Pinball Wizard

  • VIP
  • 3,239 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness / Champion Pub



Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:32 PM

Looks great!

I've been busy with the JY UVP for a while now .. good reason to finish it off! wink.gif

Cheers,
FD.

'Flying Dutchman'

In need for a Backglass or 'Active Backglass / UVP' please 'click' on below and visit the complete revised website at:
Posted Image

#46 bleepytoys

bleepytoys

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Fish Tales

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:16 AM

omg! wow! shok.gif What a nice job so far! i cant wait to get my hands on this one! otvclap.gif

#47 Oskari14

Oskari14

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

  • Flag: Finland

  • Favorite Pinball: Junk yard

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:55 PM

Any info from this table? huh.gif
PINBALL4EVER!!!!!!!

#48 Nealtron

Nealtron

    Brilliant Bastard

  • Uploading Member
  • 194 posts
  • Location:Sandy Eggo, California

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone, CFTBL, Haunted House

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (Oskari14 @ Dec 12 2010, 06:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any info from this table? huh.gif


Well, right now I am still waiting for the finished playfield redraw from oooPLAYER1ooo, I'm kind of at a stand-still without it. However P1 has assured me that he is almost finished and will send me the files soon.

But I have gotten a bit of work done since the last post. I added a black edge to the wire ramps, dialed-in all the targets and animated them, added an animated plunger (which animates the auto-plunger too), added shadows, dealt with the issues of over-lapping EMReels, animated the scoop, animated sections of the backglass, etc. For now I've added a tiny bit of lighting effect to the playfield, but the playfield and plastics are just temporary so I didn't do much there.



I really want this table to look and play like the real thing and have a high contrast night-MOD kind of appearance. Once I get the redraws I'll add the fading lights, set all the brightness levels and animate the toys, add GI lights and get it tested against the real deal. Speaking of which, if anyone owns one I need photos of a couple flashers, which I think are on the backglass, and GI- so hit me up if you can access the menu on one.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?"


#49 gStAv

gStAv

    Pinball Lover

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

  • Flag: Sweden

  • Favorite Pinball: TOM, IJ, AFM, WC94

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:33 AM

Looks great! dblthumb.gif As allways... cant wait!!!

3rs054-6.png


#50 oooPLAYER1ooo

oooPLAYER1ooo

    habitual deflector

  • VIP
  • 806 posts
  • Location:sydney , Australia

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Al's Garage Band Goes On A World Tour

  • 360 Gamer Tag: oooPLAYER1ooo


Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:45 AM

Yes it is very much close to done and is looking great
I'm going to send you that file in about an hour when infer home

°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)





ozpin.gif


#51 Dazz

Dazz

    Pinball Fan

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Location:Keller, Texas

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone and Cyclone

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:50 AM

Needs moar FS version STAT! biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#52 bolt

bolt

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,172 posts
  • Location:Kiel / Schleswig Holstein

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:57 AM

Very interesting news Nealtron, thanks for the Wip screen.
Posted Image

#53 Sheltemke

Sheltemke

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • Location:Hungary

  • Flag: Hungary

  • Favorite Pinball: Indiana Jones(Williams), Attack from Mars

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:31 AM

Very Nice work! This will be a very unique table that's sure. smile.gif

#54 Oskari14

Oskari14

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

  • Flag: Finland

  • Favorite Pinball: Junk yard

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:25 PM

It looks better and better at all the time! dblthumb.gif
PINBALL4EVER!!!!!!!

#55 sito

sito

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

  • Flag: Italy

  • Favorite Pinball: Red & Ted's Road Show

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:12 PM

Wow, great!

#56 scott-Detroit Pinball

scott-Detroit Pinball

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Location:detroit

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: banzai run

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (jpsalas @ Nov 27 2010, 07:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I found a web site with a lot of info, tips and pictures for this table. I thought that maybe you should like to know about it:

http://www.oscarvandriel.nl/

JP



It looks like you are pretty far along, and you are doing a great job.
I sold my sample JY with some custom sideboard decails and backboard decails but here are some extra pics of my game if you need them.

http://www.flickr.co...57621703037756/

Scott
Detroit Pinball
Some of my Games- Past & Present
http://www.flickr.co...itpinball/sets/
Scott
Detroit Pinball

#57 bent98

bent98

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  • Location:NY

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Roadshow, Haunted House, Safe Cracker

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:57 PM

Hey nealtron I know Player1 gave you the redraw, hows Junkyark coming along?

#58 Nealtron

Nealtron

    Brilliant Bastard

  • Uploading Member
  • 194 posts
  • Location:Sandy Eggo, California

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone, CFTBL, Haunted House

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (bent98 @ Jan 12 2011, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey nealtron I know Player1 gave you the redraw, hows Junkyark coming along?


Actually, I never got a redraw from Player1. I thought he was sending the files last month, but I never got them.
Without a complete playfield, there's nothing more I can do with Junk Yard. My new version of Who Dunnit will be done soon though.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?"


#59 bent98

bent98

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  • Location:NY

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Roadshow, Haunted House, Safe Cracker

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (Nealtron @ Jan 12 2011, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (bent98 @ Jan 12 2011, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey nealtron I know Player1 gave you the redraw, hows Junkyark coming along?


Actually, I never got a redraw from Player1. I thought he was sending the files last month, but I never got them.
Without a complete playfield, there's nothing more I can do with Junk Yard. My new version of Who Dunnit will be done soon though.


He told me he finshed it a while ago. PM him, maybe he forgot.


#60 oooPLAYER1ooo

oooPLAYER1ooo

    habitual deflector

  • VIP
  • 806 posts
  • Location:sydney , Australia

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Al's Garage Band Goes On A World Tour

  • 360 Gamer Tag: oooPLAYER1ooo


Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (bent98 @ Jan 13 2011, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Nealtron @ Jan 12 2011, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (bent98 @ Jan 12 2011, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey nealtron I know Player1 gave you the redraw, hows Junkyark coming along?


Actually, I never got a redraw from Player1. I thought he was sending the files last month, but I never got them.
Without a complete playfield, there's nothing more I can do with Junk Yard. My new version of Who Dunnit will be done soon though.


He told me he finshed it a while ago. PM him, maybe he forgot.


no i havnt forgot i have been injured by work the last week and a bit so i cant draw at the moment sad.gif
there is not much at all to do
nealtron i thought i did send a 95% done version that i could change out later i will resend to you when i can get to the pc that has it.
it is pretty much just the text and a few other tidy up details to do
and i have done about half of the plastics

°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)





ozpin.gif