Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

Junk Yard (FS VP9.9) [VP 9.x Cabinet FS MOD]

JY Junk Yard FS

  • Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#41 ArcadiusMaximus

ArcadiusMaximus

    Quit throwing trash into my dimension !

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Location:PITZBORG, PA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars, Scared Stiff, White Water

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

I've configured most things to work with the Ledwiz for this table however I cannot get the left and right slingshot to fire my contactors. I've noticed that even without a config, the "Slingshot" sound doesn't seem to fire on the table when either the right or left sling is hit.


Hello,

Has anyone had any luck generating an LEDwiz config for this table?


Same here. I wound up getting most of my devices programed minus the slingshots. I didn't even notice that the slingshot sounds weren't working. Also, I noticed there are quite a few flahers that are called but are commented out such as dog house flasher. I tried to enable them but the script crashed. Is this normal?
~ Mr. John E. Smith III Esq.

#42 DJ Wheels

DJ Wheels

    Enthusiast

  • Silver Supporter
  • 304 posts
  • Location:Philly Subs

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Eight Ball Deluxe

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

Thanks Kiwi, the script change worked!

@Carlitoshl - I tried turning off "pinball startup test" on several of the tables which I experiencd this problem with, but it didn't help any. I also use xp sp3, but I use a GTX 550ti (not sure if that matters) on this cab.


I am sure this is probably more of an issue with my computer than the table itself, but with the latest update I am having the dreaded "lock up" or "mega stutter" issue. This didn't happen with the previous version. I have maybe 10 tables in my cab where this issue occurs. I don't have an F3 button on my cab, so I usually just rotate the dmd than drag the dmd off the backglass monitor and onto the playfield monitor and all is well. However, there doesn't appear to be anything in the script to allow rotation of the dmd. I tried adding the usual rol=1 blah blah blah, but I can't seem to get it right. Does anyone know exactly what I need to add to the script to rotate the dmd ?


Add this code in line 49

Controller.Games("jy_12").Settings.Value("rol") = 1

Thanks mfuegemann, good table.

Edit : PS : If you have many objects with "Display Image in Editor" checked , the work in Editor will slow down.

Max



I am sure this is probably more of an issue with my computer than the table itself, but with the latest update I am having the dreaded "lock up" or "mega stutter" issue. This didn't happen with the previous version. I have maybe 10 tables in my cab where this issue occurs.

I have the same problem as you with this table.
The previous version works fine, but this leaves the system almost frozen.
I have days trying to fix it and do not know what to do.
Please, if you find the solution, post it here.


Same here , i had the same problem. the old table running just fine. but the last update i have the problem to.

I use xp sp3 and Gigabyte GTX 460.


EDIT 1: Just fixed it, I turned off the "pinball startup test" so that the test dont start when i start the table. :D


Quit talking and start chalking!

#43 mfuegemann

mfuegemann

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 1,223 posts
  • Location:Cologne

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, Fast Draw



Contributor

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

Hello,

thank You for Your responses.
- First, an update for the missing slingshot sounds (and switch51/52 hits) is under way. The bug was introduced by changing the look of the slingshot gums (6 layers instead of one).
- Missed switch contacts on the center lane I did experience too, but I have to investigate this further.
- I used destruks VP8 table as a basis for this one and added only few new things on the mechanical side, so most of the parts deactivated in the original table are still not availiable.
- it is good to see, that there are some suggestions to work around the performance issues. I too have different behavior on my 2 PCs. This is true for a lot of tables and I have no easy solution so far. Add more "something" does not seem to help. Please keep in mind that for JY the calculation of the wrecking ball movement is done every 5 ms and may be demanding.

Regards
Michael

Edited by mfuegemann, 30 October 2012 - 08:48 AM.


#44 ArcadiusMaximus

ArcadiusMaximus

    Quit throwing trash into my dimension !

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Location:PITZBORG, PA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars, Scared Stiff, White Water

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:41 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I can never tell if things don't work due to the table or something stupid I might of done :P .
~ Mr. John E. Smith III Esq.

#45 Dozer316

Dozer316

    Dozer

  • VIP
  • 669 posts

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

Same here :) - Thanks for the updates, much appreciated.

Thanks for the heads up. I can never tell if things don't work due to the table or something stupid I might of done :P .



#46 The Loafer

The Loafer

    Pinball Wizard

  • VIP
  • 3,472 posts
  • Location:Embrun, Ontario, Canada

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Superman, Firepower & Tron



Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

Oh I had not noticed the 1.3 update was out! You may want to update the title of this thread to reflect 1.3 instead of 1.0 Michael. Well done on the constant attention you have given this table.

#47 MRCMRC

MRCMRC

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

  • Flag: Spain

  • Favorite Pinball: Canasta 86

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

Thanks a lot, mfuegemann.

Great job on this table!

#48 ArcadiusMaximus

ArcadiusMaximus

    Quit throwing trash into my dimension !

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Location:PITZBORG, PA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars, Scared Stiff, White Water

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

Awesome ! What a surprise waking up to this :D. One question though. A few posts back I think a Hires redraw of the playfield was mentioned. Does this release include that now or are you still trying to get permission?
~ Mr. John E. Smith III Esq.

#49 mfuegemann

mfuegemann

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 1,223 posts
  • Location:Cologne

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, Fast Draw



Contributor

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

Still waiting. The actual playfield is quite good though. You can read the junk descriptions a little better with the redraw.

Michael

#50 DreamTrap

DreamTrap

    Wheel Master

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 395 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: big bang bar, scared stiff, fish tales

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

is there any way to change the lamp flashes in this it's real stuttery for me. i tried searching for Lamptimer.Interval but it doesn't seem to be in this?

Edited by DreamTrap, 03 November 2012 - 10:42 AM.

My wheels CHECK THEM OUT HERE.

Fantasy Tarcisio style Popper Wheels

Cab specs:

Spoiler

 


#51 kiwi

kiwi

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 2,690 posts

  • Flag: Italy

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Trek 25th Anniversary



Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

is there any way to change the lamp flashes in this it's real stuttery for me. i tried searching for Lamptimer.Interval but it doesn't seem to be in this?

The lights are the standard ones of the program ( on or off ), no fade, no Lamptimer.Interval.

Max

#52 DreamTrap

DreamTrap

    Wheel Master

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 395 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: big bang bar, scared stiff, fish tales

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

well usually when i get stutter i set Lamptimer.Interval. to = 60 and it stops it. there's lots of stutter in this for me

Edited by DreamTrap, 03 November 2012 - 11:17 AM.

My wheels CHECK THEM OUT HERE.

Fantasy Tarcisio style Popper Wheels

Cab specs:

Spoiler

 


#53 mfuegemann

mfuegemann

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 1,223 posts
  • Location:Cologne

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, Fast Draw



Contributor

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

Hi DreamTrap,

I had stutters too on my development PC. I tried to remove as many unnecessary objects from this table as possible. What helped me was reducing the color depth and/or running in windowed mode. Imagecfg.exe is also an option to reduce the kernels used for VP.
The problem with VP is that some PCs with very high specifications have more stutters than older ones.

Regards
Michael

#54 DreamTrap

DreamTrap

    Wheel Master

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 395 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: big bang bar, scared stiff, fish tales

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:08 AM

if i change to 16bit blackrose no longer shows correctly see all white squares i dont want to keep changing reso all the time.

My wheels CHECK THEM OUT HERE.

Fantasy Tarcisio style Popper Wheels

Cab specs:

Spoiler

 


#55 numiah

numiah

    Pinball Fan

  • Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Location:Netherlands

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: TOTAN

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

I decided to give it a go.
No go it was.
My whole system comes to a screeching halt when I launch the table. Even the mouse stops reacting and becomes VERY slow.
Shame, since it looks like a real nice table to play.

On Windows XP SP3, VP912

EDIT : F3 did the trick.
However the ball seems "floaty" and moving in slow motion as mentioned in an earlier post.
Never the less thank you for all your hard work it's really appreciated.
I'll give her a few games and she stays on the cab.

Edited by numiah, 04 November 2012 - 04:28 PM.

**Each pinball machine is a tiny universe... that we control.**


#56 mfuegemann

mfuegemann

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 1,223 posts
  • Location:Cologne

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, Fast Draw



Contributor

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

Hi numiah,

sorry to hear of Your problems. Please try moving the DMD display to another monitor - I think, it helped to shift it to Your playfield monitor. I used imagecfg.exe and reduced the color depth on my development PC.
On my cab I do not have problems. There I run the playfield on my GTX560 and the back glass and DMD on the onborad graphics card.

Edit: I just read about the F3 (recompile ROM) issue. If that helped, it is an graphics driver issue. Maybe You can try another driver version and/or adjust the settings for vpinball.exe. As I understand, the problem is that the graphics card sometimes is switching to idle mode, when it is needed most.

Regards
Michael

Edited by mfuegemann, 06 November 2012 - 06:46 AM.


#57 punish

punish

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

  • Flag: Sweden

  • Favorite Pinball: Attack from mars

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

install FPLaunch1.295wip9.Zip and the stutter at the startup is gone :D

 

 

I just changed the physics for the ball , much funnier know and more realastisc.

 

Thanx Again mfuegemann for one of the best table.


Edited by punish, 07 December 2012 - 05:17 AM.

http://www.youtube.com/user/VisualpinballHansson

#58 JAM0

JAM0

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Location:Spain

  • Flag: Spain

  • Favorite Pinball: Fathom, Elvira

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

Working GREAT for me. Thanks for all your hard work Michael!  This is obviously a tricky (and great) table and you pulled it off beautifully as far as my system is concerned. I am running XP.



#59 patito

patito

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: pinbot

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

i changed the flippers to the settings in the snapshot,works way better with them,all shots are doable.

 

 

Attached Files



#60 mfuegemann

mfuegemann

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 1,223 posts
  • Location:Cologne

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, Fast Draw



Contributor

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:33 PM

Hi patito,

 

thank You for the settings. I find them a little bit too powerful but I will definitely go into Your direction with the next version, I am working on at the moment.

The right flipper is way too weak at the moment with the increased gravity.

 

Regards

Michael







Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: JY, Junk Yard, FS