Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

Haunted House WIP


  • Please log in to reply
294 replies to this topic

#41 lettuce

lettuce

    Pinball Fan

  • Silver Supporter
  • 929 posts

  • Flag: England

  • Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (maceman @ Sep 13 2011, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (DedRok_V @ Sep 13 2011, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (bodydump @ Sep 13 2011, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I little more work on this one. The only way I get stuff done is to bounce back and forth from project to project. A little ADHD I guess.


The only way to do projects in my opinion, maybe I have it a little bit too. smile.gif




I rather you guys had OCD and worked compulsively on this table alone smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif


Haha especially for this table. Looks great!!!

#42 bodydump

bodydump

    down and out

  • VIP
  • 578 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: High Speed, Creature

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:14 AM

A little more:



#43 gStAv

gStAv

    Pinball Lover

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

  • Flag: Sweden

  • Favorite Pinball: TOM, IJ, AFM, WC94

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:43 AM

great details BP! biggrin.gif Impressive!

3rs054-6.png


#44 lettuce

lettuce

    Pinball Fan

  • Silver Supporter
  • 929 posts

  • Flag: England

  • Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:54 PM

Anymore fantastic WIP pics to show bodydump.....cant wait for this to come to life!!

#45 JAM0

JAM0

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Location:Spain

  • Flag: Spain

  • Favorite Pinball: Fathom, Elvira

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:10 AM

QUOTE (lettuce @ Sep 24 2011, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anymore fantastic WIP pics to show bodydump.....cant wait for this to come to life!!

Me too! This is one I really want to see.

#46 Slydog43

Slydog43

    Pinball Wizard

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 3,008 posts
  • Location:Hackettstown, NJ

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Addams Family, All Williams 90's Games

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:17 PM

This along with Champion pub are the 2 tables I miss the most for my PinCab.

#47 maceman

maceman

    Home Pinball Machine Collector/ Restorer

  • VIP
  • 2,271 posts
  • Location:Canada, Eh!

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: ....**Haunted House**....



Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:50 PM

...


just for kicks, i tried opening the older version of HH in VP912 the other day. I was surprised actually.

I don't need to explain to you folks just how bad i want this version as well, but for other HH addicts here,
I wonder if anyone could figure out how to fix the kickers problem* (see below) which happens, which, if it were fixed, it would be a good playable table in the meanwhile, just to get your fix.....

Alternatively, we just wait patiently....which is unlikely by the looks of the constant thread bumps smile.gif

or, we could play it in VP8, but who wants to go back? I guess that would be easiest. It plays pretty good though in VP9 other than the few issues as i can see.


smile.gif


*Kicker Problem: After launching older version in VP9, once a kicker is activated, it keep kicking endlessly

** There are other problems of course, for example the scoring display is pooched as well...but i can live with that for awhile.

Edited by maceman, 25 September 2011 - 08:51 PM.

________________________________________________________________________________
Canada Eh!
hm_avatar.pngss_avatar.jpg MODS ys_avatar5.jpggenie_avatar.pngj2o_avatar.png

#48 Lysurgeon

Lysurgeon

    Psychonaut

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Location:Renton, Wa

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: Lysurgeon

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:35 PM

haunted house, yes
....far away from any ground control...

#49 bodydump

bodydump

    down and out

  • VIP
  • 578 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: High Speed, Creature

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE (lettuce @ Sep 24 2011, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anymore fantastic WIP pics to show bodydump.....cant wait for this to come to life!!


Not really much of an advance, but since you ask, here's the latest. Just started coloring the bottom half of the main playfield.



Sorry it's taking awhile but I need to alternate projects to keep from getting burnt out. I've got 4 current redraws that are all different styles of art to keep me motivated. I know everyone wants this table badly but just be patient and I'll keep plugging away at it.

#50 gStAv

gStAv

    Pinball Lover

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

  • Flag: Sweden

  • Favorite Pinball: TOM, IJ, AFM, WC94

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:33 AM

Damn that's some jolly good work Sir! whistle.gif

3rs054-6.png


#51 Pintrepid

Pintrepid

    Pinball Addict

  • Silver Supporter
  • 315 posts
  • Location:Vernon, CT USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: High Speed

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:04 AM

I used to do pen and ink the conventional way. Made for some really cool detail ... but took FOREVER!

Art takes TIME! Let it take all the time it needs. It'll look really KILLER when it's finally done!

cool.gif Brilliant artwork, dude!

-PeterMac

-PeterMac

 


#52 Mitchell

Mitchell

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 1,434 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Many

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:00 AM

I wish this is on iPod Touch. I love this table. I wonder I still have the PC games disc somewhere that have this.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB


#53 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:26 AM

that's some amazing detail work bodydump! keep up the great work you do!! dblthumb.gif


Best Regards,
Todd.

[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#54 lettuce

lettuce

    Pinball Fan

  • Silver Supporter
  • 929 posts

  • Flag: England

  • Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:45 PM

Thanks for the WIP, looks fantastic!!!

#55 Slydog43

Slydog43

    Pinball Wizard

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 3,008 posts
  • Location:Hackettstown, NJ

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Addams Family, All Williams 90's Games

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (maceman @ Sep 25 2011, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...

I messed around with the top kicker that launches the ball to the top playfield. I got it to work around 80% of the time, but I don't know what I'm doing. Someone should be able to tackle this I think. Will try a little more and report back.

just for kicks, i tried opening the older version of HH in VP912 the other day. I was surprised actually.

I don't need to explain to you folks just how bad i want this version as well, but for other HH addicts here,
I wonder if anyone could figure out how to fix the kickers problem* (see below) which happens, which, if it were fixed, it would be a good playable table in the meanwhile, just to get your fix.....

Alternatively, we just wait patiently....which is unlikely by the looks of the constant thread bumps smile.gif

or, we could play it in VP8, but who wants to go back? I guess that would be easiest. It plays pretty good though in VP9 other than the few issues as i can see.


smile.gif


*Kicker Problem: After launching older version in VP9, once a kicker is activated, it keep kicking endlessly

** There are other problems of course, for example the scoring display is pooched as well...but i can live with that for awhile.



#56 maceman

maceman

    Home Pinball Machine Collector/ Restorer

  • VIP
  • 2,271 posts
  • Location:Canada, Eh!

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: ....**Haunted House**....



Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (Slydog43 @ Sep 27 2011, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (maceman @ Sep 25 2011, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...

I messed around with the top kicker that launches the ball to the top playfield. I got it to work around 80% of the time, but I don't know what I'm doing. Someone should be able to tackle this I think. Will try a little more and report back.

just for kicks, i tried opening the older version of HH in VP912 the other day. I was surprised actually.

I don't need to explain to you folks just how bad i want this version as well, but for other HH addicts here,
I wonder if anyone could figure out how to fix the kickers problem* (see below) which happens, which, if it were fixed, it would be a good playable table in the meanwhile, just to get your fix.....

Alternatively, we just wait patiently....which is unlikely by the looks of the constant thread bumps smile.gif

or, we could play it in VP8, but who wants to go back? I guess that would be easiest. It plays pretty good though in VP9 other than the few issues as i can see.


smile.gif


*Kicker Problem: After launching older version in VP9, once a kicker is activated, it keep kicking endlessly

** There are other problems of course, for example the scoring display is pooched as well...but i can live with that for awhile.




Hey Slydog,

Thanx for your PM! I think you tried to add it in your post above as well, but it didn't take...

What slydog has discovered, is how to fix the kicker:

-change bsUpKicker.kickz = 90 to bsUpkicker.kickz = 1.4

Tried it and it works great! This gives us a working table in the meanwhile. All that is needed is the scoreboard to operate correctly, and then we would have a fully functioning HH for VP912.


As for bodydump's awesome playfield, I don't understand why the desire to have the playfield rushed. Is there any reason the old PF cannot be imported into the new table(whoever is working on that aspect), and then once the PF is done from bodydump, you just do a switcharoo?

Maceman

Edited by maceman, 28 September 2011 - 02:25 PM.

________________________________________________________________________________
Canada Eh!
hm_avatar.pngss_avatar.jpg MODS ys_avatar5.jpggenie_avatar.pngj2o_avatar.png

#57 JAM0

JAM0

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Location:Spain

  • Flag: Spain

  • Favorite Pinball: Fathom, Elvira

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:49 PM

Thanks for the kicker fix. For me the ball won't go through the "secret passage" (center target) to the lower PF in VP9 -- it gets stuck.

#58 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:16 PM

i thought you guys wanted a new table which used all the new physics in vp9.
if you just want to use the old vp8 version why not just export the old pf image and touch it up.

I'm fairly certain bodydump is doing these redraws for new builds and not to swap into an old vp8 version.

I could be wrong though

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#59 Grizz

Grizz

    Art Guru

  • VIP
  • 1,105 posts
  • Location:Stony Creek

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Fishtales, Theatre of Magic, Tales of Arabian Nights

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: Phishtales
  • 360 Gamer Tag: PrecedentEnd


Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:42 PM

he is doing the redraws for vp9 hires fs and 4:3!

Table Artwork-Alien Poker, Baseball, Big Bang Bar, Black Pyramid, Comet, Dark Silverball, Grand Prix, Knockout, Monster Bash, Mini Cycle,
Road Race, Royal Flush, Royal Flush Deluxe, South Pacific, Space Invaders, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Whitewater

Original Table Artwork-7 Deadly Pins, Black Sabbath 70's & 80's, Cowboys&Indians, Hot Wheels, Iron Maiden, Royal Flush Supreme, Schizo, Seawitch, Theatre of Magic "Houdini's Revenge", The Munsters, Puzzlebox.

Dynamic Duo Artwork- Radical, Freddy A Nightmare on Elm Street, Mr.&Mrs.Pacman, No Fear, Star Trek 25th

Table Releases- Royal Flush Trilogy

Backglasses- Over 255 Remastered in Hires

http://www.arcadecru...ables/hyperpin/

By JR {Uncle Willys Art Guy} Ace9567 Dynamic Duo=[GrizzleGrindHackenbot]


Posted Image

#60 maceman

maceman

    Home Pinball Machine Collector/ Restorer

  • VIP
  • 2,271 posts
  • Location:Canada, Eh!

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: ....**Haunted House**....



Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:17 PM

...I think the idea UW, was just to use the older HH as a placeholder until the new and improved is done.

What we are doing is playing the old VP8 version, but in VP912, which the rest is being worked out. In order to do that, there were just a few anomalies. The kicker issue is fixed, but it looks like there are some more issues....

This is just placeholder. We all want a new and improved and will wait accordingly smile.gif

Maceman




________________________________________________________________________________
Canada Eh!
hm_avatar.pngss_avatar.jpg MODS ys_avatar5.jpggenie_avatar.pngj2o_avatar.png