Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

Zombie Machine


  • Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

#41 Sandro

Sandro

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Location:Canada

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:47 PM

I'm saddened that you are removing the barrels, I thought they look good and it brought back some Return of the Living Dead memories. BRAINS, BRAAAAINS wink.gif

#42 monicle

monicle

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: funhouse

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (Sandro @ Mar 22 2011, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm saddened that you are removing the barrels, I thought they look good and it brought back some Return of the Living Dead memories. BRAINS, BRAAAAINS wink.gif

Well so far I haven't decided on anything to replace them so they may ultimately be put back in. Some new updates. I finally just tried playing the table without tilt cheating to test things and I wasnt pleased with the flow of the table. Made a few minor adjustments and it's way better now. Also originally when you lock the first ball in the house the door is closed and you had to hit the door 6 times to light ZOMBIE in the middle of the playfield (to represent zombies breaking into the house to reach the living) That then had to be followed by locking another ball in the house (zombies get in the house. Followed by another shot through the front door to start "zombie multiball". I felt this was just too many shots and made starting multiball too difficult.
I changed it so that it only takes 3 hits to open the door and it seems better. One thing to mention is that during zombie multiball both outlane return plungers are turned on and the drain post is raised. I haven't decided if this will just be a timed feature but is a pretty cool little feature for a multiball round that I've never seen before.
I need to realign the playfield graphics tonight since moving things around but then I'll put up a new vpt file cause I need peoples impressions on how the table plays.

#43 Sabbat

Sabbat

    The Pinball Monk

  • VIP
  • 4,510 posts
  • Location:Aberdeen, WA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill


Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:35 PM

Honestly, the barrels look a tad-bit funny, but nothing bad at all and I wouldn't mind if you left them there.

I like the thought of zombies breaking into a house to start multiball. Very cool and overall a very cool pin. Just by looking at it the layout seems like its totally gonna work. Nice job bro!

edit: how hard is it going to be to hit that series of 3 drop targets blocking that right lane into the green roofed house? Then to eventually hit the green house seems like it is at a little bit of an odd angle to reach from that bottom left flipper? Maybe its not so odd of a shot and my eyes are just tricking me smile.gif

Just my honest critiques and i mean no disrespect at all man smile.gif

Edited by Sabbat, 23 March 2011 - 04:39 PM.

If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#44 monicle

monicle

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: funhouse

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (Sabbat @ Mar 23 2011, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly, the barrels look a tad-bit funny, but nothing bad at all and I wouldn't mind if you left them there.

I like the thought of zombies breaking into a house to start multiball. Very cool and overall a very cool pin. Just by looking at it the layout seems like its totally gonna work. Nice job bro!

edit: how hard is it going to be to hit that series of 3 drop targets blocking that right lane into the green roofed house? Then to eventually hit the green house seems like it is at a little bit of an odd angle to reach from that bottom left flipper? Maybe its not so odd of a shot and my eyes are just tricking me smile.gif

Just my honest critiques and i mean no disrespect at all man smile.gif

It actually wasn't that bad but that is one of the things I ended up changing. Also made the targets stand taller than normal so I can put a decent zombie image on them.

#45 hassanchop

hassanchop

    The Crapmaster!

  • VIP
  • 791 posts
  • Location:Lisboa, Portugal

  • Flag: Portugal

  • Favorite Pinball: Royal Flush Supreme



Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:13 PM

looks very good!!!
Posted Image

#46 Eddie D'Orazio

Eddie D'Orazio

    Wizards Den

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Location:Canada

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Charles Angels

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (monicle @ Mar 21 2011, 01:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
some graphic updates. couldnt get the image to appear the way I wanted for the house in the back so I ended up building it using walls and ramps. looks ok but any crits are welcome.
Zombies eyes flash red when you shoot the ball through his mouth, sounds will play based off the weapon you have also. If the ball comes out of his mouth you will hear a "vomit" sound. Hits to the door on the house light "zombie" in the center of the playfiled and the door opens when all are lit so you can start the sombie round (3 ball multi ball).
Still working on filling up the space in the upper playfiled. Just need to come up with some ideas.



Great work. Love the layout.

#47 monicle

monicle

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: funhouse

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:19 AM

heres the updated vpt file. everyone please give it a quick test run and let me know your thoughts.
One thing Ill point out. I havent chosen a target for Million or ExtraBall, and I currently dont have a method in place to end the zombieball mode (3 ball multiball). also some various scoring things arent in place yet but Im mainly looking for everyones feel on how the table layout feels and whatnot.
Oh another thing.. I know that weak shots currently can get stuck at the top of the ramps near the diverters. Its on my list of things to fix. For now just tilt it over.

ZOMBIE TABLE

#48 Sandro

Sandro

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Location:Canada

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:10 PM

Hey monicle, how is this table coming along? Super excited to see this table completed. smile.gif

#49 RipleYYY

RipleYYY

    Belgian do it better !

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

  • Flag: Belgium

  • Favorite Pinball: Bally Lost World

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:51 PM

link dead... repost them, will give a test for sure wink.gif

Aliens 2, Area 51, Asterix, Bally Tribute, ET, Evel Knievel, Frontier, Galaxian, Inspector Gadget, Lilo & Stitch, Looney Tunes, Lost World, Mata Hari, Night Mission, Power Play, Rayman, Rolling Stones 2, Stalker, Santa Odyssey, Tempest, Timon & Pumbaa, Williams Tribute, World Cup 2002, Zombie

Tanx to (alphabetical order) : BLACK, CUTTER, DESTRUK, EALA, JP, JOE ENTROPY, KINSEY, KRISTIAN, LOSERMAN, LUVTHATAPEX, RANDY, SCAPINO, SHIVA, STRANGELEO (hope i did not forget someone... )


#50 monicle

monicle

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: funhouse

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:18 PM

Hey everyone, sorry for the silence. been in progress of selling my condo and PC was down for a while. Ill post updates and table file this weekend.

#51 Sandro

Sandro

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Location:Canada

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:15 AM

Any news?

#52 Sandro

Sandro

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Location:Canada

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:44 AM

Still plugging away on this one? I love the concept of this table and would hate to not see it completed.

Edited by Sandro, 05 July 2011 - 04:44 AM.


#53 Centaur Machine

Centaur Machine

    2x Completed

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Centaur

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:13 AM

I had an alarmingly similar idea for my first original table, but ultimately abandoned it to work on something else. In some respects, it's almost exactly the same idea and layout, with the crypt in the center and the house on the hill. I think we have a lot of the same influences.

You say you want some ideas.

I wanted to have drop targets that were tombstones or zombie hordes. Have you considered that? smile.gif

I do still have some of the sound effects, probably on my old computer - ravens and such. I am sort of a zombie voice actor laugh.gif because I used to mod video games. If you want some zombie sound effects, I can dig through my old files, just credit me. There are hundreds of variations of short samples of growls and gurgles. I am somewhat of a musician and sound engineer. But it's not hard to do on your own if you have a microphone, with software like Audacity (free).

Keep it up; this is much better than what I could do, particularly the toy house. No idea how to do that.

Edited by Centaur Machine, 05 July 2011 - 05:17 AM.

Guardian releases power orb

#54 Sandro

Sandro

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Location:Canada

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:40 AM

Any News on this Monicle? This is one table I've been anticipating highly. Hope all is well with you and are still working on this beauty.

#55 Darkfall

Darkfall

    Enthusiast

  • Gold Supporter
  • 453 posts
  • Location:Langley, BC

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Attack From Mars, Scared Stiff

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:43 AM

Yeah - this looks like a pretty fun table. Lots of "story" type elements to it - very creative. I'd love to see this fleshed out (excuse the pun *snicker).

...Paul


Check out Wildfire Pinball's build details here: Project Wildfire

#56 DedRok_V

DedRok_V

    Crazed Pinball Wizard (Australia's Former #1)

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,238 posts
  • Location:Newcastle, Australia

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Avengers Blue LE : Judge Dredd : Cosmic Princess

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:22 PM

This was shaping up nicely, hope to see some updates on progress.

The cemetary and headstones are sort of what I was thinkin for the artwork on Dedpin..........




Blueprint game : up to date list http://www.vpforums....s...st&p=147107

#57 monicle

monicle

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: funhouse

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:18 AM

So I've started work on this again. I'm finally back in a good job and can afford some free time. I'll post a link to the file tomorrow if everyone can try it out and give me first impressions on the feel of the layout. Not all components are totally working and if you manage to start zombie multiball you have to exit the table to quit. Look for it tomorrow early evening mountain time.

#58 PainkillerAlice

PainkillerAlice

    Multi-Level Madman

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,685 posts
  • Location:Indiana

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: I like multi-level pinball the most


  • Trophies:

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:51 AM

Look forward to it! I am loving how the table looks so far. biggrin.gif

I could have been smart, but I never learned anything by being smart!

 

 


#59 Sandro

Sandro

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Location:Canada

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:49 AM

OH Happy day. I'm loving the concept of this table. I can't freaking wait smile.gif

#60 rcadefrk

rcadefrk

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Location:Cincy, OH

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Gorgar Hellfire/T2 Ultra & Chrome, TFTC/BBB & JP, Rosve's Starship Troopers, Real Pinball: SW Trilogy & Krull

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:23 AM

Looks really good man, look forward to it dblthumb.gif