Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Junk Yard WIP


  • Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

#21 Rawd

Rawd

    Pinball Wizard

  • VIP
  • 4,313 posts
  • Location:Edmonton, Canada

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Triple Strike



Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:22 PM

That is looking very nice! Good work!


 


#22 faralos

faralos

    VPF Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,838 posts
  • Location:Eastern Pa,USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Flash (Williams) 1979, Flash2 Updated




  • Trophies:

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:26 PM

ooh a microbus! (the blue thingy) We owned one of those things in the late 60's! ours was green and white! Man does that thing bring back memories (like pushing it up every hill!) cool bulldog too! he looks ready to jump out and grab your leg! cool.gif nice progress btw
"Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.”
----Steve Jobs


#23 Grizz

Grizz

    Art Guru

  • VIP
  • 1,105 posts
  • Location:Stony Creek

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Fishtales, Theatre of Magic, Tales of Arabian Nights

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: Phishtales
  • 360 Gamer Tag: PrecedentEnd


Posted 06 October 2010 - 11:22 PM

Looks amazing!
Gonna be sweet to play this again.
Thanks for the update
Table Artwork-Alien Poker, Baseball, Big Bang Bar, Black Pyramid, Comet, Dark Silverball, Grand Prix, Knockout, Monster Bash, Mini Cycle,
Road Race, Royal Flush, Royal Flush Deluxe, South Pacific, Space Invaders, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Whitewater

Original Table Artwork-7 Deadly Pins, Black Sabbath 70's & 80's, Cowboys&Indians, Hot Wheels, Iron Maiden, Royal Flush Supreme, Schizo, Seawitch, Theatre of Magic "Houdini's Revenge", The Munsters, Puzzlebox.

Dynamic Duo Artwork- Radical, Freddy A Nightmare on Elm Street, Mr.&Mrs.Pacman, No Fear, Star Trek 25th

Table Releases- Royal Flush Trilogy

Backglasses- Over 255 Remastered in Hires

http://www.arcadecru...ables/hyperpin/

By JR {Uncle Willys Art Guy} Ace9567 Dynamic Duo=[GrizzleGrindHackenbot]


Posted Image

#24 wtiger

wtiger

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 1,149 posts
  • Location:Los Angeles, CA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Junkyard



Contributor

Posted 07 October 2010 - 02:23 AM

dblthumb.gif dblthumb.gif dblthumb.gif

#25 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 07 October 2010 - 02:53 AM

That looks sweet, your making so many peopl happy right now.
How did you do the doghouse. is it just an image on a sidewall or ramp or did you build it from wall objects.

Great job so far

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#26 The Trout

The Trout

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Who Dunnit

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:36 PM

This is looking awesome, but I've got some slightly sad news: I've been trying to ignore the fact for a while now, but I've gotta admit that I just will never have the time to finish the playfield. I started working full time again a couple months ago and I don't have any free time at all anymore. That said, I'll gladly send anybody my Illustrator file if they wanna finish the redraw themselves. Just let me know.

Sorry, Nealtron, you're doing great work, but I just won't ever get this redraw finished.
Mary Elizabeth's Sock
It's About A Girl. And Crime. But Mostly About A Girl.

#27 Nealtron

Nealtron

    Brilliant Bastard

  • Uploading Member
  • 194 posts
  • Location:Sandy Eggo, California

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone, CFTBL, Haunted House

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:25 PM

No worries Trout, at least you got a good start on it. So is there anyone out there who's down to finish the playfield? Let me and/or The Trout know...

Anyway, I did make some progress this week on Junk Yard. There's still a couple minor things I need to add, but for the most part the table is complete. And to answer your question Unclewilly: The doghouse and van are on EMReels. I took a screen capture with only the ramps rendered, and created an EMReel of just the top part of the ramps that overlaps the two, so it would appear correctly.

I really like how this table is coming along. I want it to look and feel as realistic as possible, and I've added a lot more minor details and hi-res graphics than I did with Independence Day- (which I will be updating and modifying soon based on some things I've learned building this table).

Here's what it looks like so far:


Obviously I can't get a whole lot further without a complete playfield, and I'm not interested in doing it myself. So if anyone wants to help out, that would be great. Also, if anyone owns a table, send me a PM, I need some pictures of the flashers/ solenoids firing. (I know Vati 1 has one but his camera's busted). I also need a picture of the pricing card. In the meantime, maybe I'll mess around with the script a little.


"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?"


#28 rehab

rehab

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Location:Amsterdam

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: funhouse,AFM,MM

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:03 PM

Wow!

Looking awesome.

#29 vic viper

vic viper

    Pinball Fan

  • Silver Supporter
  • 516 posts
  • Location:Planet Gradius

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Xenon, Firepower, Elvis, Gradius (original), Zarza

Posted 16 October 2010 - 03:54 AM

thats just amazing nealtron.


SHOOT THE CORE

#30 maxfx4u

maxfx4u

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: revenge from mars

Posted 16 October 2010 - 04:01 AM

Lookes great. Really hope you can find someone to help with that redraw.

#31 wtiger

wtiger

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 1,149 posts
  • Location:Los Angeles, CA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Junkyard



Contributor

Posted 16 October 2010 - 04:29 AM

I looked through my pictures and most of the pricing cards I found were made with plain text (similar to Arial), so here's an image from what I made up in Inkscape. I've also included the Inkscape .svg file too.

Attached Files



#32 Oskari14

Oskari14

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

  • Flag: Finland

  • Favorite Pinball: Junk yard

Posted 16 October 2010 - 08:10 AM

Is this going to be released in VP 8 and VP 9 ???
PINBALL4EVER!!!!!!!

#33 bolt

bolt

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,172 posts
  • Location:Kiel / Schleswig Holstein

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:19 PM

Thanks for the new WIP Picture, the details looks very good.
Posted Image

#34 Nealtron

Nealtron

    Brilliant Bastard

  • Uploading Member
  • 194 posts
  • Location:Sandy Eggo, California

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone, CFTBL, Haunted House

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (Oskari14 @ Oct 16 2010, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is this going to be released in VP 8 and VP 9 ???


No, I'm just going to release it for VP9- I like to use the better tilt and transparent ramp features, plus there's already a VP8 version.
Thanks for the price card wtiger!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?"


#35 sikarkades

sikarkades

    Enthusiast

  • Charter Member
  • 137 posts
  • Location:Wisconsin

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Champion Pub

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:11 AM

Here are some custom cards.

Attached Files



#36 Oskari14

Oskari14

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

  • Flag: Finland

  • Favorite Pinball: Junk yard

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:34 AM

OK Nealtron. tapping.gif
I know, that there is a VP8 version, but the ball gets stuck in the holes at all the time, so I have to always restart my game.
It's so annoying!!! angry.gif
PINBALL4EVER!!!!!!!

#37 Nealtron

Nealtron

    Brilliant Bastard

  • Uploading Member
  • 194 posts
  • Location:Sandy Eggo, California

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone, CFTBL, Haunted House

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (sikarkades @ Oct 16 2010, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here are some custom cards.


Nice custom cards! I'm looking forward to your playfield redraw- Thanks for offering to help!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?"


#38 Nealtron

Nealtron

    Brilliant Bastard

  • Uploading Member
  • 194 posts
  • Location:Sandy Eggo, California

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone, CFTBL, Haunted House

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:08 AM

Well, I've got good news, (for those who didn't already know): I found someone to finish the playfield redraw, or they found me. oooPLAYER1ooo has offered to re-do the whole thing from scratch, even offered to redraw my plastics, and the work is looking fantastic so far. And judging by his progress, I don't think it will take him very long.

As for the table, I've made quite a bit of progress on it, although not much has changed visually. It's got a fully-functioning script, with a working "toilet-flush" effect and retractable scoop. The ball and chain is also working and no longer jerks around like the old version, it does twitch a slight bit but I'm trying to make it sit perfectly motionless when it's still. Anyway, just using the color red for all the lights right now, except those on the backglass, which, like my VP8 mod, is a collage of images from the original backglass:



So I just need about 6 more links on the chain, I think. And once I get the finished redraws I'll get some cool lighting going on- I want it to have kind of a night-mod appearance so the flashers seem nice and dramatic. ID4 full screen is coming soon too.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?"


#39 maxfx4u

maxfx4u

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: revenge from mars

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:52 AM

This is about as close to photorealistic as ive seen yet. Is the lower part of the backglass, the part were you put the dmd, going to be visible?
I like tables that include that. Nice work.

#40 bolt

bolt

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,172 posts
  • Location:Kiel / Schleswig Holstein

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:04 AM

Wow, the table looks so beauty, can't wait to see the final table.
Posted Image