Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Mars attack

Posted 25 January 2024 - 10:04 PM

Further research:          https://montetoncab....-face-tracking/

The good news, I think this is what I am trying to do, However the Bad news , I'm not fluent in French. AHHHHH!!!!!

If someone could copy translate, and post, That would be helpful.

Best Regards

#22 griffindodd

griffindodd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: A fair few

Posted 25 January 2024 - 11:11 PM

Here is the version 2.5 of my tutorial to play VPX in 3D mode

With:

• The launch from Pinup
  • Activation/deactivation. Kinect at the same time as launching and exiting a table.
  • The ability to launch any table in 3D, from your visual pinballx base folder.

A big thank you to Matthieu Ternon for these scripts! We tested a fiddle with it! and all those who helped on the facebook group Monte ton cab

Software prerequisites:

Hardware requirements:

• A webcam or
  • A Kinect V1 or
  • A kinect V2 (I chose this one, because it's cheap second-hand and plug&play for me)
51Tf8Ix43yL._AC_SX425-1.jpgKinect v2 (XBox-One) and its USB3 adapter for windows.

Here I'm going to detail the procedure with a Kinect v2 (XBox-One) and a webcam, because I haven't personally tested the others. But it works, since other people have done it. 

Installation:

At this stage you have to make a choice, or not for that matter because you can do the two methods below to end up keeping only the one you prefer. It's up to you 

Personally, I have both solutions. This allows us to continue the tests for the evolution of the tutorial.

Update September 2021: I highly recommend method N°2 below. I only use that now and it's much more practical I think.

Method 1:

It consists of creating a new folder that you will call for example "visual pinball 3D" in addition to the visual pinball folder you already have. This new 3D VPX folder will initially be a copy and paste of the VPX folder. I know what you're going to say. "What??? Do I need to duplicate my Tables and Roma folder?!?! It's going to take up a lot of space!! So yes, it's true. But in 3D you don't have to put your 900 tables. But I know it's itching to try... That's why there's the 2 :) method. In short, with this method you have two separate folders that you manage as you wish.

With this method, you will create a new emulator in PinUP with the same scripts. You can copy/paste "launch and close script". You'll just have to rename vpinballx.exe to vpinballx_gl.exe for it to launch the 3D version. You can also rename your vpinballx_gl.exe to vpinballx.exe but it's less clear later on when you want to fiddle around a bit. So we might as well stay in the logic of real names.

You'll also add the command to start and stop the Kinect.

Launch Script:

START "" /min "[DIREMU]\BAM\BAM-Tracker.exe"

Close script:

taskkill /f /im "BAM-Tracker.exe"

Capture-de%CC%81cran-2021-02-26-a%CC%80-

Capture-de%CC%81cran-2021-02-26-a%CC%80-Ici mon émulateur VPX 3D à coté de VPX classique, Here is my 3D VPX emulator next to classic VPX, Pinball FX3 and the JukeBox.

Method 2 (recommended):

This method consists of using the basic visual pinball folder and copying the files you need directly into it. The launch of tables in 3D mode will therefore be done via a new launch script that will allow you to choose the 3D option in PinUP before launching a table, like when you want to display the information of a table or launch a multiplayer under FX3.

Capture-de%CC%81cran-2021-02-26-a%CC%80-Submenu of the selected tale in VPX classic. With just on the right the icon to launch it in 3D. Installation:

Normally at this point you already have VPX installed and functional. You've noticed that we're going to use FP as well. It will be useful just to set up the kinect (it was my case) I'll come back to that later.

1 – Download VPVR and copy all the unzipped files to the visual pinball or visual pinball 3D folder depending on the chosen method.

2 – Download and copy the VpinballX_GL.exe file to the visual pinball or visual pinball 3D folder depending on the method chosen.

3 – If you haven't already, install Future Pinball + Bam

You can keep the original installation path, that's not a problem. C:/games/future pinball/BAM

4 – Install Kinect for windows Runtime

Setting up BAM:

In the BAM folder, there is BAM-Tracker.exe. This file will need to be launched before running VPinballX_GL.exe

Capture-de%CC%81cran-2021-02-26-a%CC%80-BAM Dossier in Future Pinball

Once BAM-Tracker is launched, you will find it at the bottom right of the Windows taskbar.

Right-click on it, click show. The window will then appear and you can choose your sensor.

For my part, I started with a webcam and then a Kinect 2. With a webcam, choose Desktop Cam, with a Kinect v2, Kinect 2 (logical). FYI, with a kinect v1, someone told me that it put desktop kinect in the drop-down menu and that it was the option to choose.

To be sure that the sensor works and detects the player, the values "counter" AND "player position" must move in BAM-Tracker. If it doesn't move when you select your sensor, you need to run a future pinball table via the FPloader.exe file in the BAM folder (not directly from future pinball). Once the table is launched, you press the Q key to bring up the BAM menu. There, with the flip buttons or your keyboard, you move through the menus and go to kinect if you have a kinect or desktop cam if you have a webcam.

Capture-de%CC%81cran-2021-02-26-a%CC%80- Calibrer la Kinect :

Calibrate the Kinect:

At this point, you're still in the Future Pinball BAM menu.

Now it's time to position the kinect. For me, the best solution is on the top of the pediment.

Choose calibration from the menu (or rather "Calibrate")

2 Two checkerboard drawings will follow one another. The first one is for calibration in the case of a kinect placed at the bottom of the pediment and the 2nd one which appears just on the lower part of the playfield is used for calibration in the case of a kinect placed on the pediment (as in my case)

IMG_5238.jpg

With this information, you should be able to calibrate successfully. A message will appear in green to say that the calibration is OK.

If you're struggling to calibrate, take your Kinect in your hand and orient it on the second checkerboard at the bottom of the playfield. You'll see it will work. Retry the calibration as close as possible to the final place of the kinect (on the fronton). I held it in my hand at a little height in front of the pediment for calibration. If it helps...

After the calibration is successful, go one further down the BAM menu and select "Config »

Then choose save as default.

I also clicked on "copy setting to basic menu" but I don't know if it's useful. When in doubt, do it.

There you can close everything. And when I say everything, it's everything, no more and no less 

• Launch BAM-tracker.exe
  • Select Kinect
  • Values need to move
  • Throw VPX_GL without throwing a table!
  • Go to the video settings and check the BAM Headtracking box at the bottom left.
MUIR9112-576x1024.jpgDon't pay attention to settings. it is above all to illustrate the BAM Headtracking box to check
  • In the 3D stereo output menu, I had to put "Disable"
  • Launch a table.
  • A blue and black menu should appear (this is the BAM settings)

• It's up to you to find your setting... For my part, I'm writing this tutorial without having finished this setting but here is a picture of what comes close to the desired effect.

The Menu key is used to display this BAM menu. The first time, it says "None" Just click on it and choose a key of your choice to make it our menu key. Remember to save otherwise you will lose your settings.

The "Save as default" button saves the settings for all tables.

The "Save" button saves the settings only for the table in question.

When your first table is set, press save as default. All you have to do is fine-tune your settings on the new tables, only if you need to, of course.

At this point, you can already launch your tables in 3D mode. Just lacks enough to do everything from PinUP.

Controlling BAM and Kinect in PinUP:

• Copy your BAM folder that is in Future Pinball
  • Paste it into the visual pinball or visual pinball 3D folder depending on the method you choose. or both if you do both.

Capture-de%CC%81cran-2021-02-26-a%CC%80- Launch and Close Scripts:

• Here are the scripts to put in PinUP / Emulators / Launch script for classic VPX (not 3D. For 3D your scripts are the same as classic VPX with the name of the .exe modified, as explained above. So it has to be done. 

START "" "[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe" 30 10 60 "Visual Pinball Player" 2
cd /d "[DIREMU]"
if "[RECMODE]"=="1" (
START /min "" vpinballx.exe "[DIREMU]" -DisableTrueFullscreen -minimized -play "[GAMEFULLNAME]"
) else (
if "[ALTMODE]"=="3D" (
timeout 10
START /min "" vpinballx_gl.exe "[DIREMU]" -minimized -play "[GAMEFULLNAME]"
) else (
START /min "" vpinballx.exe "[DIREMU]" -minimized -play "[GAMEFULLNAME]"
)
)
if "[custom1]"=="pinsound" (START /min "" "C:\PinSoundStudio\PinSoundStudio.exe")taskkill /f /im "BAM-Tracker.exe"
"[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE" WINTIT "Pinsound Studio" 10 1
"[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE" WINTIT "Visual Pinball" 10 1

In the PinupSystem / popmedia / default / system folder, add your 3D wheel with the name 3D.png

Here's the one I made. If she kicks you 

IMG_5167.png

Then in the Game Manager, for each table, you have to add this in the Alternate Run Modes box:

There you go.

You can now select your table as usual and run it in 3D mode if you wish.

Your Kinect will turn on and off at the same time as your table.

Note that at the moment (I'm still looking), the output of a 3D table takes a handful of seconds longer than in classic VPX, before returning to the table selection menu.

To be even more precise, it's VPX-GL that closes not as quickly. Because when you leave the table, you can instantly move right or left to change tables, except that VPX is still displayed on the playfield. As a result, the pinup menu is hidden behind it, until VPX is closed. Maybe killing the .exe in the close script is a solution. But maybe that's not the right solution... (more on that later)

There you go. Have a nice trip.

And see you soon for future updates.

Edited by griffindodd, 25 January 2024 - 11:15 PM.

Software: VPX 10.8b7, VPinMAME 3.6, B2S 2.1.0, FlexDMD 1.9.0, Freezy 2.2.1, Pinup Popper 1.5
Cabinet: PF: Sony X85K 4k 120hz Portrait, BG/FullDMD: 1080p LCD, Topper: UHD LCD 
Computer: Alienware Aurora R15 - Ryzen 9 5900X, 96GB, RTX 4080 Super, NVME, Win 11

#23 trippingale

trippingale

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 January 2024 - 09:15 AM

Thank you so much,

A note at the end of translated page is very important:

A little additional information until I add it to the tutorial: 

If you have problems with your wheel which does not appear in your table submenu, go to pinup / Popper setup / globalconfig. And in the script tab add the following script in the right frame: 
useAltWheels=1 
And there you have it. Your wheel 3D.png appears in the table options menu. 

#24 sus

sus

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 86 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Black Knight

Posted 26 January 2024 - 12:36 PM

I have been playing around with this and vpx64. I think GL wont run on my system (slow). I was using a 1080p tv and the picture looks bad. Do need a 4k tv for this setup?

#25 griffindodd

griffindodd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 January 2024 - 04:31 PM

I hooked up the Kinect 2.0 last night and followed along with the OP instructions to get things going with FP first. It took a bit of fiddling around in the BAM menu but I eventually managed to work out what settings did what. I still have to mount my camera properly as it's pointing too far down at the moment, but for testing purposes it was OK.

So far my first concern was how aggressive the movement of the bottom of the playfield is in comparison to the top which does a nice job of staying anchored to my 'glass'. Is there any way to reduce the amount of angle 'shift' that happens with your head position? It feels a little too much right now.

Here's a quick YT video of how far I got last night

BAM head tracking future pinball with Kinect (youtube.com)

Edited by griffindodd, 26 January 2024 - 04:32 PM.

Software: VPX 10.8b7, VPinMAME 3.6, B2S 2.1.0, FlexDMD 1.9.0, Freezy 2.2.1, Pinup Popper 1.5
Cabinet: PF: Sony X85K 4k 120hz Portrait, BG/FullDMD: 1080p LCD, Topper: UHD LCD 
Computer: Alienware Aurora R15 - Ryzen 9 5900X, 96GB, RTX 4080 Super, NVME, Win 11

#26 trippingale

trippingale

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 January 2024 - 01:27 AM

I hooked up the Kinect 2.0 last night and followed along with the OP instructions to get things going with FP first. It took a bit of fiddling around in the BAM menu but I eventually managed to work out what settings did what. I still have to mount my camera properly as it's pointing too far down at the moment, but for testing purposes it was OK.

So far my first concern was how aggressive the movement of the bottom of the playfield is in comparison to the top which does a nice job of staying anchored to my 'glass'. Is there any way to reduce the amount of angle 'shift' that happens with your head position? It feels a little too much right now.

Here's a quick YT video of how far I got last night

BAM head tracking future pinball with Kinect (youtube.com)

For the Future Pinball adjustments, 

Use "Q" key to go into Bam Settings

Work your way to "Mode: and L/R arrow your way to "Kinect 2"

Goto "Table and Lighting"

Tab down and set"Table Translation " X,Y Z to 0.0 .....Keep tabbing down Set "Table Scale"X,Y, Z to 1.000... "angle 0.00 as a baseline

If I understand you question correctly you can move the "table scale" Z down to .4 ..... that should tone down the angle with the head movement. ( I use .4-.8) You can also adjust the angle and that will give more or less movement front or back of the table depending on the angle.

You obviously need to play the adjustments and find what makes you happy.

I am still figuring out how the all the adjustment for the VPX_GL Bam work. I still have no idea how to adjust the Z axis in VPX_GL Bam.

Happy adjustments

Edited by trippingale, 27 January 2024 - 01:44 AM.

#27 trippingale

trippingale

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 January 2024 - 02:18 PM

I have been playing around with this and vpx64. I think GL wont run on my system (slow). I was using a 1080p tv and the picture looks bad. Do need a 4k tv for this setup?

Just my thoughts, Possibly GPU may be the bottle neck? I do know if the video setting are not configured correctly is will have choking issues ,I do believe the new 10.8 GL is 64bit and the ram requirements could be different. Its hard to T/S with minimum details. I do know the Creative arcade systems come with a 750Ti and run 4K playfield and 2 1080p back box/DMD screens and works at 60hz just fine.

#28 griffindodd

griffindodd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 January 2024 - 05:02 PM

I got head tracking working in VPX last night. It was ok but I’m not sure that it’s for me. It’s clever but the illusion just isn’t cohesive enough to convince my brain. Fun experiment but I think I’ll stick to the AR/VR route if I want a really convincing experience.

#29 blindpeser

blindpeser

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

• Favorite Pinball: WCS94

Posted 27 January 2024 - 10:50 PM

Did you combine headtracking, anaglyph and window mode (?) ?

#30 griffindodd

griffindodd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 January 2024 - 12:12 AM

Not a fan of the anaglyph look. All of these features are cool ideas but at least on my rig they fall short in one area or another. I got VPVR launcher working through steamVR and wireless to my Quest 2 which did work pretty well, I will probably keep messing with that as it has the most promise

Edited by griffindodd, 28 January 2024 - 12:13 AM.

#31 blindpeser

blindpeser

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

• Favorite Pinball: WCS94

Posted 28 January 2024 - 01:24 AM

Some people are getting good results with anaglyph (depends on glasses colors and swttings?) and that new window mode. I wonder if this combined with bam would be superior.

#32 chuckydown

chuckydown

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• Flag: Spain

• Favorite Pinball: Batman66

Posted 29 January 2024 - 09:32 AM

Hi griffindodd!!! I appreciate all the information and contributions on head tracking but I think you are confusing readers a little with this contribution, its obsolete and although has very useful things, there are others that must be discarded since, as I say in the title, we already work directly with GL.
I think perhaps its better we all add (or remove) to the first post everything we consider appropriate "additional and complementary" instead of posting another older tutorial

Edited by chuckydown, 31 January 2024 - 06:43 AM.

#33 trippingale

trippingale

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2024 - 05:08 PM

Here is the version 2.5 of my tutorial to play VPX in 3D mode
With:

• The launch from Pinup
  • Activation/deactivation. Kinect at the same time as launching and exiting a table.
  • The ability to launch any table in 3D, from your visual pinballx base folder.

A big thank you to Matthieu Ternon for these scripts! We tested a fiddle with it! and all those who helped on the facebook group Monte ton cab
Software prerequisites: Hardware requirements:
  • A webcam or
  • A Kinect V1 or
  • A kinect V2 (I chose this one, because it's cheap second-hand and plug&play for me)

51Tf8Ix43yL._AC_SX425-1.jpgKinect v2 (XBox-One) and its USB3 adapter for windows.
Here I'm going to detail the procedure with a Kinect v2 (XBox-One) and a webcam, because I haven't personally tested the others. But it works, since other people have done it. 
Installation:
At this stage you have to make a choice, or not for that matter because you can do the two methods below to end up keeping only the one you prefer. It's up to you 
Personally, I have both solutions. This allows us to continue the tests for the evolution of the tutorial.
Update September 2021: I highly recommend method N°2 below. I only use that now and it's much more practical I think.
Method 1:
It consists of creating a new folder that you will call for example "visual pinball 3D" in addition to the visual pinball folder you already have. This new 3D VPX folder will initially be a copy and paste of the VPX folder. I know what you're going to say. "What??? Do I need to duplicate my Tables and Roma folder?!?! It's going to take up a lot of space!! So yes, it's true. But in 3D you don't have to put your 900 tables. But I know it's itching to try... That's why there's the 2 :) method. In short, with this method you have two separate folders that you manage as you wish.
With this method, you will create a new emulator in PinUP with the same scripts. You can copy/paste "launch and close script". You'll just have to rename vpinballx.exe to vpinballx_gl.exe for it to launch the 3D version. You can also rename your vpinballx_gl.exe to vpinballx.exe but it's less clear later on when you want to fiddle around a bit. So we might as well stay in the logic of real names.
You'll also add the command to start and stop the Kinect.
Launch Script:
Close script:
taskkill /f /im "BAM-Tracker.exe"

Capture-de%CC%81cran-2021-02-26-a%CC%80-Ici mon émulateur VPX 3D à coté de VPX classique, 

Here is my 3D VPX emulator next to classic VPX, Pinball FX3 and the JukeBox.

Method 2 (recommended):
This method consists of using the basic visual pinball folder and copying the files you need directly into it. The launch of tables in 3D mode will therefore be done via a new launch script that will allow you to choose the 3D option in PinUP before launching a table, like when you want to display the information of a table or launch a multiplayer under FX3.
Capture-de%CC%81cran-2021-02-26-a%CC%80-Submenu of the selected tale in VPX classic. With just on the right the icon to launch it in 3D. Installation:
Normally at this point you already have VPX installed and functional. You've noticed that we're going to use FP as well. It will be useful just to set up the kinect (it was my case) I'll come back to that later.
1 Download VPVR and copy all the unzipped files to the visual pinball or visual pinball 3D folder depending on the chosen method.
2 Download and copy the VpinballX_GL.exe file to the visual pinball or visual pinball 3D folder depending on the method chosen.
3 If you haven't already, install Future Pinball + Bam
You can keep the original installation path, that's not a problem. C:/games/future pinball/BAM
4 Install Kinect for windows Runtime
Setting up BAM:
In the BAM folder, there is BAM-Tracker.exe. This file will need to be launched before running VPinballX_GL.exe
Capture-de%CC%81cran-2021-02-26-a%CC%80-BAM Dossier in Future Pinball
Once BAM-Tracker is launched, you will find it at the bottom right of the Windows taskbar.
Right-click on it, click show. The window will then appear and you can choose your sensor.
For my part, I started with a webcam and then a Kinect 2. With a webcam, choose Desktop Cam, with a Kinect v2, Kinect 2 (logical). FYI, with a kinect v1, someone told me that it put desktop kinect in the drop-down menu and that it was the option to choose.
To be sure that the sensor works and detects the player, the values "counter" AND "player position" must move in BAM-Tracker. If it doesn't move when you select your sensor, you need to run a future pinball table via the FPloader.exe file in the BAM folder (not directly from future pinball). Once the table is launched, you press the Q key to bring up the BAM menu. There, with the flip buttons or your keyboard, you move through the menus and go to kinect if you have a kinect or desktop cam if you have a webcam.
Capture-de%CC%81cran-2021-02-26-a%CC%80- Calibrer la Kinect : Calibrate the Kinect:
At this point, you're still in the Future Pinball BAM menu.
Now it's time to position the kinect. For me, the best solution is on the top of the pediment.
Choose calibration from the menu (or rather "Calibrate")
2 Two checkerboard drawings will follow one another. The first one is for calibration in the case of a kinect placed at the bottom of the pediment and the 2nd one which appears just on the lower part of the playfield is used for calibration in the case of a kinect placed on the pediment (as in my case)

IMG_5238.jpg
With this information, you should be able to calibrate successfully. A message will appear in green to say that the calibration is OK.
If you're struggling to calibrate, take your Kinect in your hand and orient it on the second checkerboard at the bottom of the playfield. You'll see it will work. Retry the calibration as close as possible to the final place of the kinect (on the fronton). I held it in my hand at a little height in front of the pediment for calibration. If it helps...
After the calibration is successful, go one further down the BAM menu and select "Config »
Then choose save as default.
I also clicked on "copy setting to basic menu" but I don't know if it's useful. When in doubt, do it.
There you can close everything. And when I say everything, it's everything, no more and no less 
  • Launch BAM-tracker.exe
  • Select Kinect
  • Values need to move
  • Throw VPX_GL without throwing a table!
  • Go to the video settings and check the BAM Headtracking box at the bottom left.

MUIR9112-576x1024.jpgDon't pay attention to settings. it is above all to illustrate the BAM Headtracking box to check
  • In the 3D stereo output menu, I had to put "Disable"
  • Launch a table.
  • A blue and black menu should appear (this is the BAM settings)
  • It's up to you to find your setting... For my part, I'm writing this tutorial without having finished this setting but here is a picture of what comes close to the desired effect.

The Menu key is used to display this BAM menu. The first time, it says "None" Just click on it and choose a key of your choice to make it our menu key. Remember to save otherwise you will lose your settings.
The "Save as default" button saves the settings for all tables.
The "Save" button saves the settings only for the table in question.
When your first table is set, press save as default. All you have to do is fine-tune your settings on the new tables, only if you need to, of course.
At this point, you can already launch your tables in 3D mode. Just lacks enough to do everything from PinUP.
Controlling BAM and Kinect in PinUP:
  • Copy your BAM folder that is in Future Pinball
  • Paste it into the visual pinball or visual pinball 3D folder depending on the method you choose. or both if you do both.
Capture-de%CC%81cran-2021-02-26-a%CC%80- Launch and Close Scripts:
  • Here are the scripts to put in PinUP / Emulators / Launch script for classic VPX (not 3D. For 3D your scripts are the same as classic VPX with the name of the .exe modified, as explained above. So it has to be done. 
START "" "[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe" 30 10 60 "Visual Pinball Player" 2
cd /d "[DIREMU]"
if "[RECMODE]"=="1" (
START /min "" vpinballx.exe "[DIREMU]" -DisableTrueFullscreen -minimized -play "[GAMEFULLNAME]"
) else (
if "[ALTMODE]"=="3D" (
timeout 10
START /min "" vpinballx_gl.exe "[DIREMU]" -minimized -play "[GAMEFULLNAME]"
) else (
START /min "" vpinballx.exe "[DIREMU]" -minimized -play "[GAMEFULLNAME]"
)
)
if "[custom1]"=="pinsound" (START /min "" "C:\PinSoundStudio\PinSoundStudio.exe")taskkill /f /im "BAM-Tracker.exe"
"[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE" WINTIT "Pinsound Studio" 10 1
"[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE" WINTIT "Visual Pinball" 10 1
In the PinupSystem / popmedia / default / system folder, add your 3D wheel with the name 3D.png
Here's the one I made. If she kicks you 
IMG_5167.png

Then in the Game Manager, for each table, you have to add this in the Alternate Run Modes box:

There you go.
You can now select your table as usual and run it in 3D mode if you wish.
Your Kinect will turn on and off at the same time as your table.
Note that at the moment (I'm still looking), the output of a 3D table takes a handful of seconds longer than in classic VPX, before returning to the table selection menu.
To be even more precise, it's VPX-GL that closes not as quickly. Because when you leave the table, you can instantly move right or left to change tables, except that VPX is still displayed on the playfield. As a result, the pinup menu is hidden behind it, until VPX is closed. Maybe killing the .exe in the close script is a solution. But maybe that's not the right solution... (more on that later)
There you go. Have a nice trip.
And see you soon for future updates.
Hi griffindodd!!! I appreciate all the information and contributions on head tracking but I think you are confusing readers a little with this contribution, its obsolete and although has very useful things, there are others that must be discarded since, as I say in the title, we already work directly with GL.
I think perhaps its better we all add (or remove) to the first post everything we consider appropriate "additional and complementary" instead of posting another older tutorial

Hi Chuckdown

My apologies if you feel the thread was highjacked by requesting to having this  obsoleted translated contribution posted, However my intent was to have this application open in Pin Up Popper and create a Alt launch script, Using ALL THE INFO IN THIS THREAD my system works wonderful and the best its ever been. Using parts of obsolete translated post is taking your application to the next level. I understand their are parts that are obsolete, However if you follow the thread in chronological order your directions are first, I do agree that instructions of what is obsolete needs to be documented for the readers so they make their own choice.

THE CENSORING OF MATERIAL IS INAPPROPRIATE

If you wish, please to take this info and make your own instructions for PinUp Popper and Alt Launch instruction that would be helpful. Currently this translated (English) post to the best of my knowledge is original internet material that cannot be linked for reference, lastly this material compliments your post and takes it to the next level.

Thank you griffindodd for creating this original material and helping me take my PinUp system to the next level.

Best Regards

Trippingale

Edited by trippingale, 30 January 2024 - 05:58 PM.

#34 chuckydown

chuckydown

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• Flag: Spain

• Favorite Pinball: Batman66

Posted 31 January 2024 - 06:41 AM

You don't have to apologize, what I'm saying is it would be better in the case you mention to add only the new parts (like the pinup part) and that way we can put it in order in the first thread...no?

Tell me which new part was useful for you and we will add it to the first post, I don't want the spotlight, I just want it to be easier for everyone

Edited by chuckydown, 31 January 2024 - 06:49 AM.

#35 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,802 posts

• Favorite Pinball: How many can i have?

Posted 31 January 2024 - 08:21 PM

THE CENSORING OF MATERIAL IS INAPPROPRIATE

Huh?

If you feel the need to empty your wallet in my direction, i dont have any way to receive it anyways

If you really want to get rid of money you can donate to this

Athena's Wildlife Sanctuary

#36 trippingale

trippingale

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 11:24 AM

Thank you very much for the information, I have been able to have VPX open with head tracking with consistently. Now the next objective....

I have noticed that once Bam head tracking is running in the back ground you can launch the table using the VPX_GL 64,

My end objective and still trying to figure this out how to launch in Pin Up Popper, unfortunately My command of Code and Script is non existent.

1.) This requires windows Batch file to start up Kinect 2 heat tracking during windows booting or Pin up start up.

2.) A launch script, open and close for the XPX_GL OR VPX10.8_64  that would needed since the current Pin up script isn't working.

3) As an advance option have an "Alt launch" with or without the head tracking during the Game selection.

Best regards

Chuckytown

To answer your question, the post from Jan 25th has outlined objectives, The latter two points are what is relevant and is covered in the post of your concern. The information covered gives two methods,

Method #1

(2.) A launch script, open and close for the XPX_GL OR VPX10.8_64  that would needed since the current Pin up script isn't working.) 

Method #2 (Recommended)

(3) As an advance option have an "Alt launch" with or without the head tracking during the Game selection.)

Rest regards

Trippingale

Edited by trippingale, 05 February 2024 - 11:41 AM.

#37 trippingale

trippingale

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 05:04 PM

Rav Arcade release a new version of BAM, and from what I'm reading its makes a difference with head tracking. Any comments?

#38 xphilou29

xphilou29

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: terminator 2

Posted 06 February 2024 - 07:28 PM

Hello chuckydown, thank you for the great tutorial, it is very detailed and I will follow it very soon!  :db:

Edited by xphilou29, 08 February 2024 - 08:08 PM.

#39 Mike DA Spike

Mike DA Spike

Pinball Fan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 1,209 posts

• Flag: Netherlands

• Favorite Pinball: Too many to mention

Posted 29 February 2024 - 01:05 PM

Does anyone have a good solution to mount the kinect v2 50cm above the backglass ?
Mshaker used a bracket but added some own stuff to it.
Any help will be appreciated

Edited by Mike DA Spike, 29 February 2024 - 06:20 PM.

331ddabcc742f0ba74791e946eb0f791.gif Try PinballX Database manager as a replacement of PinballX's game list manager
With special thanks to Scutters 

#40 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,802 posts

• Favorite Pinball: How many can i have?

Posted 29 February 2024 - 05:30 PM

Anyone has a good dolution to mount the kinect v2 50cm above tge backglass ?
Mshaker used a bracket, but added some own stuff to it.
Any help will be appreciated

Duct tape?

If you feel the need to empty your wallet in my direction, i dont have any way to receive it anyways

If you really want to get rid of money you can donate to this

Athena's Wildlife Sanctuary

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tutorial, head tracking, BAM, kinect, guide