Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Dr. Dude (Bally 1990) VPX WIP


  • Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#21 dstott

dstott

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Location:Ocala, Florida

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:37 PM

Definitely a problem in the middle of that left ramp.  I plow into something invisible about 50% of the time.  Other than that, I think the table is coming along nicely.  It has always been a favorite of mine.


Dave

 

“The Earth is God's pinball machine and each quake, tidal wave, flash flood and volcanic eruption is the result of a TILT that occurs when God, cheating, tries to win free games.” Tom Robbins


#22 gtxjoe

gtxjoe

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,157 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, AbraCadabra



Contributor

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:02 PM

If it is where the 2 ramps meet... Ramps can now be one continuous ramp with each point having a specified height, so it might be worth it to change the two ramp setup used into one ramp



#23 wrd1972

wrd1972

    Authoring Padawan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location:Central KY. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:45 AM

I turned the two piece ramp into a single ramp. Man what a pain in the ass setting the individual height increments. Anyways, the ramp seems to be behaving like it should. Latest rev is up for testing. If anyone sees any weirdness with it, please let me know. If its good to go, I want to finesses it a little more for the final release.


My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.


#24 Dozer316

Dozer316

    Dozer

  • VIP
  • 669 posts

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 27 February 2016 - 04:30 AM

Not sure if I've goofed here but the latest rev seems to still have the two piece ramp with the collision issues.



#25 vampirolatino2

vampirolatino2

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

  • Flag: Spain

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:22 PM

error 404 :(



#26 wrd1972

wrd1972

    Authoring Padawan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location:Central KY. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:32 PM

No Dozer, I dork'd the upload again. I am going to start adding designation to the file name so I can better ensure I upload the right file.

New rev is up now.


My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.


#27 ScottyVH

ScottyVH

    Novice player, but love the game!

  • Silver Supporter
  • 443 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, Cirqus Voltaire, Simpson's Pinball Party

Posted 27 February 2016 - 04:19 PM

Looking great and a lot of fun to play!  I had the ball get stuck in a couple of places.  Photos attached (I think).

 

Screen Shot 02 27 16 At 10.13 AM
Screen Shot 02 27 16 At 10.12 AM

test5.gif


#28 BobAlbright

BobAlbright

    Pinball Wizard

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,304 posts
  • Location:York, Pa. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:34 PM

I also had the ball get stuck in the far left lane---looking good so far!


"and in the end , the love you take is equal to the love you make"


#29 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:55 PM

If you like - I made a new photo stitched playfield with more exact colors and details (fits almost perfect over the old one):

https://www.dropbox....yfield.png?dl=0


Edited by ClarkKent, 27 February 2016 - 05:59 PM.


#30 dstott

dstott

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Location:Ocala, Florida

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:43 PM

I have the left lane stuck ball issue, as well.  Two piece ramp issue seems resolved.


Edited by dstott, 27 February 2016 - 07:43 PM.

Dave

 

“The Earth is God's pinball machine and each quake, tidal wave, flash flood and volcanic eruption is the result of a TILT that occurs when God, cheating, tries to win free games.” Tom Robbins


#31 wrd1972

wrd1972

    Authoring Padawan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location:Central KY. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 27 February 2016 - 10:37 PM

Ball stuck issue at the left wire ramp should be fixed. As well as the one in the MM.

 

CK,

I will add that nicer looking PF when the table is done.

Thanks

 

Latest rev is up.


My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.


#32 ninuzzu

ninuzzu

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

  • Flag: Italy

  • Favorite Pinball: Tommy, BDK, Hook and many more....

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:46 AM

I have a solution for the sidewall and the siderails : use a primitive; if you have problems i can create it for you, I also noticed that the environment image is missing

Edited by ninuzzu, 28 February 2016 - 01:09 AM.

Videotutorials: plastic ramps in blender------>part1     part2


#33 wrd1972

wrd1972

    Authoring Padawan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location:Central KY. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 28 February 2016 - 03:35 AM

I have a solution for the sidewall and the siderails : use a primitive; if you have problems i can create it for you, I also noticed that the environment image is missing

Im not sure what an environment image is. But if you dont mind sending it and the rails, I will gladly play with them.

Thanks


My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.


#34 ninuzzu

ninuzzu

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

  • Flag: Italy

  • Favorite Pinball: Tommy, BDK, Hook and many more....

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:01 AM

Since you can't receive new PMs, I've sent you a PM in the other forum


Videotutorials: plastic ramps in blender------>part1     part2


#35 karlson18

karlson18

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Strikes and Spares

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:26 AM

download link don't work



#36 wrd1972

wrd1972

    Authoring Padawan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location:Central KY. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:02 PM

I checked it and appeared to work for me. Might have been dropbox screwing it up this time. I re-pasted the link just in case.

 

ninizzu,

Got your message. I will check out the objects. Many thanks.

I also cleaned out my message box.


My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.


#37 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:31 PM

After considering much I decided to make a non-distored right aspect-ratio playfield from the photos I have.

 

This one is correct as it can get from photos. You should really use this one and reposition the objects - then it should play like the real machine.

 

https://www.dropbox....ighRes.png?dl=0



#38 wrd1972

wrd1972

    Authoring Padawan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location:Central KY. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:51 PM

Update guys.

I have replaced the PF image with a newer higher res image from Clark Kent. It looks much better but it required replacement of nearly every element on the table so some more testing will be required. So far, I am not seeing any bugs or stuck balls. The apron has been greatly improved now that I am starting to figure out basic image editing. My goal is to have the blue apron and white apron switchable as an option.

 

Two things you guys can help me with.

  • Can someone please place the LED scoring displays on the desktop view and send me a link so it can be added. No clue how to do this.
  • How can I get rid of that weirdness with the pink wall on the clear ramp entering the mixmaster. Cant figure that one out either.
  • How can I fix that crazy ball rebounding on the flippers. Its very inconsistent.

Please report back any bugs. New rev is posted.

Enjoy

Bill


My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.


#39 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 05 March 2016 - 06:41 PM

A small bug - the ball gets stuck on the left ramp right after the ball is kicked out.



#40 bolt

bolt

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,172 posts
  • Location:Kiel / Schleswig Holstein

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 05 March 2016 - 07:23 PM

Thank you for the update.

The DT version looks perfekt but I got the same ball stuck error as ClarkKent.

Dude.jpg


Edited by bolt, 05 March 2016 - 08:49 PM.

Posted Image