- View New Content
-
Getting Started
-
Tutorials
Tutorial Categories
Tutorials Main Page Installation and Setup Downloadable TutorialsROM Adjustments
Number of Balls Adjustments Volume Adjustments
-
Visual Pinball Tables
VP 8 Desktop Tables
All VPM Recreations VP Recreations VP/VPM MODs VP Originals ROMsVP 9 Desktop Tables
All VPM Recreations VP Recreations VP/VPM MODs VP Originals ROMsVP9 Cabinet Tables
All Full Screen Cabinet Full Screen B2S Cabinet Spanned Cabinet Tables Media Packs ROMsVPX Tables
All VPinMAME Recreations VPX- - /VPinMAME - MOD Tables VPX Recreations VPX Originals Media Packs ROMs VR
-
Frontend Media & Backglass
Media Packs
Complete Media Packs Wheel Logos VideosBackglasses
dB2S Animated Backglasses UVP Animated Backglasses Topper Images
- Future Pinball Tables
-
Design Resources
Main Resources
Table Templates Playfield Images Image Library Sound Library Key CodesVP Guides
VP8 Guide - English VP8 Guide - Deutsch VP9 Guide - English VP9.1.x Guide - English VP Object Guide VPM DocumentationFuture Pinball Resources
Playfield Images 3D Model LibraryFuture Pinball Guides
FP Script Guide Big Draco Script Guide FP Table Design Guide FP DMD Guide
- Other Features
- Bug Tracker
- Image Gallery
- Blogs
-
More
Help with GPU
Started By
Clchilds
, Today, 08:30 AM
1 reply to this topic
#1
Posted Today, 08:30 AM
Im digging into building a vpin and im really struggling to decide on RTX 4070 or the RX 9070. I know NVIDIA is more supported with most software for the tables. But is it worth the ridiculous cost difference? For someone with no experience with troubleshooting issues on pc should I just spend the extra money or are the compatibility issues with AMD manageable? Any advice is appreciated.
#2
Posted Today, 02:26 PM
For Kodi, Mame-Arcade, or VPX-Cabinet ... I tend to just use the next best demoted computer from closet.
I haven't bought anything AMD in decades. But seems like it should be AMD-CPU, AMD-chipset-motherboard, and AMD-GPU.
I like/buy Intel (i7 and i9) Liquid-Cooled, Intel chipset MB, Nvidia GPU, lots of memory (Dual Channel), nice SSD, oversized Power-Supply.
My current Windows-11 desktop is Intel-i9 with RTX-4080. My wife's gaming-PC is Intel-i9 with RTX-3080.
My 3-screen-cabinet is running an LC Intel-i7 with a GTX-1070. I'm running a 1440p playfield.
Yeah, I would go with the RTX-4070, especially if you plan to run at 4K (now or eventually). Since Nvidia-GPU, try to match that with a GSync-capable Playfield monitor.
Edited by Tesla, Today, 06:03 PM.



Top









are all trademarks of VPFORUMS.