FireKingpin

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Fire

Posted 05 May 2024 - 12:33 AM

I am new to virtual pinball and am setting up my cabinet. I installed the PinOne main board. I connected it to my pc and ran the configuration tool. It wont connect to my pc and says I need to update firmware however it cant find the board to update. Any suggestions are appreciated.

#2 robertms

robertms

Control Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Steve Ritchie designs

Posted 05 May 2024 - 01:27 AM

I am new to virtual pinball and am setting up my cabinet. I installed the PinOne main board. I connected it to my pc and ran the configuration tool. It wont connect to my pc and says I need to update firmware however it cant find the board to update. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Reach out to Phil at Cleveland Software Design. He provides support for all his products.

Behold Godzilla! Check out my monster pincab project here: http://www.vpforums....topic=32236&hl=

#3 chonk0master

chonk0master

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: godzilla

Posted 06 May 2024 - 03:08 PM

I received mine a few weeks back but I'm still working on my cabinet. I do have my rig and all my monitors set up in so maybe i'll try to connect it tonight. If I do I'll report back with what it registers the device as or any issues I run in to.

#4 tombo12354

tombo12354

Hobbyist

• Platinum Supporter
  • 16 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Harlem Globetrotters

Contributor

Posted 11 May 2024 - 06:22 PM

You may need to install the CH340 driver if you've not used the Arduino IDE on your computer, as that's usually how ardiuno communicates over the COM port. May also want to check your USB cable, as a powr-only cable will look identical, but won't work for data.