Photo
- - - - -

Installation docu and instructions PinUpSystem (Baller installer V1.5) with DMDext, B2S, VPX and more

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 fhjui

fhjui

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Hyperball from Williams

Posted 29 March 2024 - 09:22 PM

I have finished the documentary for installing PinUpSystem (Baller installer) using V1.5, with additional programs like VPX, DMDext, B2S, FX, FX3, PinVol and some more.

Important for me was to create a documentary that goes into more detail about how the software works and explains some background.

In addition I have written some small tools, to simplify the handling of some parts of the vPin software. (i.e. add. programm to control the configuration of tables in BAM menu using only the flipper buttons)

you can find all the stuff in my cloud space https://mega.nz/fold...wAXZlOEMQGbdutQ

within the subdirectory "Installation vPin-Software with Baller Installer" are 2 pdf files, (install docu and docu about add. scripts)

the scripts are saved as a zip archive located in the subdir "Scripts and Programs". Its all including the source code

#2 akiles50000

akiles50000

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,077 posts

• Flag: Spain

• Favorite Pinball: Ali

Posted 31 March 2024 - 03:31 PM

A great job thanks.

#3 jtrosky

jtrosky

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Attack From Mars

Posted 31 March 2024 - 04:37 PM

Wow - fantastic level of detail!

Thank you for this!

#4 akiles50000

akiles50000

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 31 March 2024 - 09:30 PM

Fhjui when I unzip it gives this issue:

Captura-de-pantalla-143.png

#5 fhjui

fhjui

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 April 2024 - 10:25 AM

I have checked the files, they are ok. It depends on the browser how the download of the crypted data is handled.

I have cleaned up the files, there were two big files from tests with near 6GB

without use of the mega-app, the browser must downlaod the whole archive and deencrypt in in memory

Have now tested the download of the whole directory (with firefox) and unzipped it. works well.

#6 akiles50000

akiles50000

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 01 April 2024 - 07:23 PM

I have checked the files, they are ok. It depends on the browser how the download of the crypted data is handled.

I have cleaned up the files, there were two big files from tests with near 6GB

without use of the mega-app, the browser must downlaod the whole archive and deencrypt in in memory

Have now tested the download of the whole directory (with firefox) and unzipped it. works well.

I have tested with firefox and perfect thanks.

#7 jarr3

jarr3

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 173 posts

• Flag: Sweden

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 03 April 2024 - 03:11 PM

Nice summary! You might want to add the B2S Wiki, from here: https://github.com/v...-backglass/wiki

Have fun!

#8 garnel

garnel

Enthusiast

• Gold Supporter
  • 257 posts

Posted 03 April 2024 - 07:03 PM

I have a new computer with only FX3 installed and nothing else - no DOF, no DOFLinx, no Pinup system - just bare bones FX3 on a 3 display cab.

Would the Baller Installer work ok to install everything else (FP, VPX, Popper, etc., or should I install everything manually like we used to do?

Thanks

#9 fhjui

fhjui

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 April 2024 - 08:21 PM

Nice summary! You might want to add the B2S Wiki, from here: https://github.com/v...-backglass/wiki

Have fun!

Many thanks! yes, I have added the link. Now my internal version is 1.03. I estimate that I will then make the changes made up to that point public with version 1.1

#10 fhjui

fhjui

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 April 2024 - 08:40 PM

I have a new computer with only FX3 installed and nothing else - no DOF, no DOFLinx, no Pinup system - just bare bones FX3 on a 3 display cab.

Would the Baller Installer work ok to install everything else (FP, VPX, Popper, etc., or should I install everything manually like we used to do?

Thanks

yes, PinUPPopperSystem is independent form FX3, there are only so called "Emulators" predefined (FX, FX2, FX3) with their Launch- and close scripts.

Popper doesn't install DOF or DOFLinX but B2S. Chapter 9.2 in my docu lists all software, which is installed out of the box.

It's important that your FX3 can start a table without manual intervention. Perhaps an additional script may be necessary.

Nailbuster has written some good guides with a new way to configure FX. In my docu the older way is described.

https://www.nailbust...p?id=popper_fx3

https://www.nailbust...nball_fx_stream

But as usual with sysrem changes: make a system backup. I prefer "EasUS Fee backup" https://down.easeus....ackup-free.html

#11 garnel

garnel

Enthusiast

• Gold Supporter
  • 257 posts

Posted 03 April 2024 - 10:27 PM

Thanks

yes, PinUPPopperSystem is independent form FX3, there are only so called "Emulators" predefined (FX, FX2, FX3) with their Launch- and close scripts.

Popper doesn't install DOF or DOFLinX but B2S. Chapter 9.2 in my docu lists all software, which is installed out of the box.

It's important that your FX3 can start a table without manual intervention. Perhaps an additional script may be necessary.

Nailbuster has written some good guides with a new way to configure FX. In my docu the older way is described.

https://www.nailbust...p?id=popper_fx3

https://www.nailbust...nball_fx_stream

But as usual with sysrem changes: make a system backup. I prefer "EasUS Fee backup" https://down.easeus....ackup-free.html

Thank you! I just tried it and it works.

#12 markran

markran

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Data East Start Wars

Posted 06 May 2024 - 09:49 PM

Wow!

@fhjui, I just downloaded your docs, quickly skimmed through them and have to say you've done an incredible job! Having been into virtual pinball for over a year now I've already struggled through figuring out setting up a 3-screen cabinet system with VPX, Backglass, Popper, SSF, DOF, Accelerometer, Plunger, Color DMDs, AltSound/PinSound, Popper media, as well as all the per-table POV, LUT and NVRAM adjustments, audio balancing and other tweaks for nearly a hundred tables. I would have LOVED having your doc when I was starting out! It would have saved me countless hours of trial-and-error, web searches and frustration. And I started out already having a couple decades of advanced Windows development and hacking experience. As much as I love the end result of a full, high-end vpin cabinet, it's hard to imagine how tech novices manage to *ever* get all this working together smoothly. (Sadly, I suspect a lot of them just surrender and give up somewhere short of a fully complete system).

Due to the constant evolution of all the separate software components required for a full system, most online tutorials and videos are enough out of date that they can now cost novices as much time as they save. That's why your current updated guide being organized into one coherent document is invaluable. Your amazing contribution should be more widely known (and celebrated)! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this.

Edited by markran, 06 May 2024 - 10:06 PM.

#13 bolt

bolt

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,032 posts

• Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 07 May 2024 - 12:39 PM

Thanks for all.

Posted Image

#14 fhjui

fhjui

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 09:48 PM

@markran, many thanks for your compliment and its an honor for me to be your friend here. You are the first one in all the years here.

I have updated the documentary in the cloud space to v.1.04. Added mainly the how-to in case of an accidently deleted playlist in popper.

And done some minor corrections

@jarr3, your wiki link has been also added

Edited by fhjui, 08 May 2024 - 09:41 AM.