Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

Solenoid alternatives for physical/audible “thunk?”


  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KillerQ

KillerQ

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Adam's Family

Posted 29 September 2023 - 10:14 PM

98841f990a3903ca4bbf4db4e33c9b3b.jpg

Yo,

I just finished designing and building this pinball controller complete with accelerometers add force feedback for impact. HOWEVER, I really want to add something that will give me audible feedback when I press the flippers.

I already have relays and 12v solenoids that are wired up to work - but that for me thinking. I don’t really need to “feel” the solenoids when I press the flippers, I really just crave some sort of physical/audible click or “thunk” that takes place on the controller.

That being said, Is there anything like that out there? I figure there has to something like that out there…

Thanks in advance!85c8cc38a376944c7a5fda1bdd3cb211.jpg
193f29286b121e3bb6195818e5ccfe09.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 wiesshund

wiesshund

    VPF Legend

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,871 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: How many can i have?

Posted 29 September 2023 - 11:27 PM

Put a set of speakers inside the controller?


If you feel the need to empty your wallet in my direction, i don't have any way to receive it anyways

Spend it on Hookers and Blow