Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

3d head movement left/right from single analogue input?


  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RichardL

RichardL

    Neophyte

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

  • Flag: United Kingdom

  • Favorite Pinball: Judge Dredd

Posted 27 July 2023 - 02:06 PM

Hi
Is it possible to vary the viewpoint of a table using a single analogue input?

 

Think head tracking massively simplified,

Posit

Most time playing your palms are on the ends of the lockbar, fingers on the flippers - and you might sway your head left right ~10cm max, but mostly arms are straight putting more weight left/right as you lean (I know gross generalism - but bear with me)

i.e. more about weight on arms - or feet even - than actual head position.

Now pressure sensor/strain guage under each end of the lockbar to detect which way you're leaning, a little magic with an arduino to smooth and convert the straight differential into a single analogue input to the PC..

(I say arduino just through familiarity and simplicity to knock up PID code & output as USB analogue device)


Question

Can I use a single analogue input to drive left right view/head position changes in VPX?
-or-
An API to externally tweak the Window display mode Player X position?
 

 

I know VR, Kinect etc -  I'm just playing with ideas - the above flow sounds complex, but wondering if its worth tinkering with?


Edited by RichardL, 27 July 2023 - 02:26 PM.