Really bad at pinball, but having fun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Theatre of Magic

Posted 03 February 2024 - 08:44 PM

I did

...and it fixed it, or did not?  If not, you might check in on the VPinmame thread and see what other people are saying and you can add your input.  Most of the sound stuff is related to VPM.

I haven't looked at this personally, but just loaded up Fish Tales and ran it briefly, but, as always, make sure you are on the latest revision of VPX in case they have added fixes since the RC.

https://www.vpforums...topic=52045&hl=

I just read on the VPM updating issue for you and that sounds like it was for people with problems with altsound (which I don't use) specifically... although it doesn't hurt to keep VPM updated also.

Edited by Drybonz, 03 February 2024 - 08:58 PM.

#1662 Gravy

Gravy

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,081 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Simpsons pinball party

Posted 03 February 2024 - 10:41 PM

Just upgraded to GL64 Visual Pinball X 10.8.0 Release Candidate 1 from GL64 Visual Pinball X 10.8.0 beta 8 and also went to VpinMAME 64 v3.6-822-66be20f and now the EXIT GAME button doesn't work anymore. I tried re-assigning it but nope! 

It sort of freezes the game but you can still here sounds.

Any one else stuck / fixed this on the latest candidate?

I have been having a similar issue for a very long time if I have fullscreen mode set, after an attempted exit the screen freezes and unable to alt tab back to desktop. I generally need to go to task manager to fix it, but then I don't actually need to close the process, just the action of bringing up task manager and then exiting task manager results in the frozen table screen closing, very odd. If I switch the graphics setting to windowed mode it closes the table correctly.

Is this the same for you?

Edited by Gravy, 03 February 2024 - 10:42 PM.

Pinball Addict

#1663 Sontiago

Sontiago

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 04 February 2024 - 05:04 AM

​Getting odd error in VPinballX-10.8.0-1873-bdd0673-Release-win-x64 and x32

I installed VPinballX-10.8.0-1873-bdd0673-Release-win-x64 and x32 and now when I try to run a table, I get the error:  This table is attempting to create an object of type "scripting.dictionary". The object may not be safe. in VPinballX-10.8.0-1873-bdd0673-Release-win-x64 and x32. The table runs after hitting yes a few times. Has anyone else had this issue?  Is there a way to fix this prior to waiting for another version?  Thank advance... This is an image of the error:

​    

https://vpuniverse.c...77318a44b6b.png

Edited by Sontiago, 04 February 2024 - 05:15 AM.

#1664 makmak

makmak

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: the one with less drains

Posted 04 February 2024 - 05:48 AM

I have sth similar @Gravy using the escape button on the keyboard (mouse pointer is missing, looks like a freeze) Solution: Press escape again, then you are in playing mode again. Press escape another time then you have the expected menu.

Everything is uptodate as actual as possible. RC1 has no rom sound and changes sound output channels.

I did

...and it fixed it, or did not?  If not, you might check in on the VPinmame thread and see what other people are saying and you can add your input.  Most of the sound stuff is related to VPM.

I haven't looked at this personally, but just loaded up Fish Tales and ran it briefly, but, as always, make sure you are on the latest revision of VPX in case they have added fixes since the RC.

https://www.vpforums...topic=52045&hl=

I just read on the VPM updating issue for you and that sounds like it was for people with problems with altsound (which I don't use) specifically... although it doesn't hurt to keep VPM updated also.

Edited by makmak, 04 February 2024 - 05:46 AM.

#1665 sus

sus

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 86 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Black Knight

Posted 04 February 2024 - 03:17 PM

Sorry to ask this question again.

How do you set your window POV default? I only know how to save for one table start key. I can't figure out was saves it globbly. Thanks for your help. 

Can I just rename the INI file to default or something like that?

#1666 ryesteve

ryesteve

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Attack From Mars

Posted 04 February 2024 - 03:23 PM

Every table has different dimensions... would a global POV even work?

#1667 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,802 posts

• Favorite Pinball: How many can i have?

Posted 04 February 2024 - 03:57 PM

Every table has different dimensions... would a global POV even work?

roughly, but not perfectly

If you feel the need to empty your wallet in my direction, i dont have any way to receive it anyways

If you really want to get rid of money you can donate to this

Athena's Wildlife Sanctuary

#1668 sus

sus

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 86 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Black Knight

Posted 04 February 2024 - 06:11 PM

I was thinking it would give a great starting point. I dont have the time to do every table so I would only do my favs. 

#1669 kaledev

kaledev

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

• Favorite Pinball: White Water

Posted 04 February 2024 - 06:24 PM

I was thinking it would give a great starting point. I dont have the time to do every table so I would only do my favs. 

There is a way to make a default POV, I ran across it once but I never did it because every table ended up being so different. I believe you create a file called `autopov.pov`. For window mode you can set the defaults in the visual settings menu under the table size, etc. However, I found that utterly pointless - whatever it's doing to use that screen size is very incorrect. But it probably gives an OK starting point. I left everything at zero except the bottom two numbers in that section (not looking so I can't remember what they are).

#1670 MarkPinHead

MarkPinHead

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family

Posted 04 February 2024 - 06:54 PM

Just upgraded to GL64 Visual Pinball X 10.8.0 Release Candidate 1 from GL64 Visual Pinball X 10.8.0 beta 8 and also went to VpinMAME 64 v3.6-822-66be20f and now the EXIT GAME button doesn't work anymore. I tried re-assigning it but nope! 

It sort of freezes the game but you can still here sounds.

Any one else stuck / fixed this on the latest candidate?

I have been having a similar issue for a very long time if I have fullscreen mode set, after an attempted exit the screen freezes and unable to alt tab back to desktop. I generally need to go to task manager to fix it, but then I don't actually need to close the process, just the action of bringing up task manager and then exiting task manager results in the frozen table screen closing, very odd. If I switch the graphics setting to windowed mode it closes the table correctly.

Is this the same for you?

So, Windowed mode didn't change anything but I did discover that if I hold the assigned EXIT GAME button for about 3 seconds, it does terminate the game and VPX properly. When I was on the previous version, pressing the EXIT GAME button would bring up a 2 option menu, Resume or EXIT GAME and I could select, this is now gone for me.

At least I can exit a table now  :dblthumb:

Edited by MarkPinHead, 04 February 2024 - 07:06 PM.

#1671 kaledev

kaledev

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 12:54 AM

Has anyone had issues on beta with the window POV changing on every launch with some tables? My Fastbreak jumps around to different positions on every launch. So far I haven't encountered another one doing that. Wondering if it's a table issue or weirdness with beta.

#1672 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,802 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 01:30 AM

Has anyone had issues on beta with the window POV changing on every launch with some tables? My Fastbreak jumps around to different positions on every launch. So far I haven't encountered another one doing that. Wondering if it's a table issue or weirdness with beta.

do you possibly have confliction POV/INI files

If you feel the need to empty your wallet in my direction, i dont have any way to receive it anyways

#1673 kaledev

kaledev

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 02:06 AM

do you possibly have confliction POV/INI files

I have the old POV still present before the INI files existed but they hadn't caused an issue yet. Can try removing the old POV and see what happens... I had assumed it ignored them if the INI was present.

#1674 DJO Maverick

DJO Maverick

Neophyte

• Silver Supporter
  • 2 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Doctor Who

Posted 05 February 2024 - 03:03 AM

Having an odd issue with trying to update table POVs to the new Window camera.  So in cabinet mode, it seems like every table I load that is working fine in Legacy mode will maintain the correct orientation in Camera mode, but switching to Window mode will rotate and invert VPX into an upside-down desktop mode perspective.  The only tables that I can get Window camera to work right on are very old tables that aren't presently obeying cabinet mode and rotating appropriately...  Window rotates those to the expected perspective.  It seems like the only way to get Window Camera working right on a cabinet is to set the graphics options to a desktop mode instead, which seems counterintuitive?  What am I missing?

#1675 ryesteve

ryesteve

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Attack From Mars

Posted 05 February 2024 - 03:28 AM

When you select "Window", hit your fire button (or plunger button, depending on how your buttons are mapped)

#1676 DJO Maverick

DJO Maverick

Neophyte

• Silver Supporter
  • 2 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Doctor Who

Posted 05 February 2024 - 04:10 AM

When you select "Window", hit your fire button (or plunger button, depending on how your buttons are mapped)

Yup, that was it.  Thanks!  I was thinking it would automatically carry over the default Window Mode settings to any table that swapped over to it for the first time...  guess not?

#1677 Saybrook

Saybrook

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Whirlwind

Posted 05 February 2024 - 04:26 PM

Does anyone use a G-Sync monitor with frame pacing?  I have a PC with a Nvidia 3060ti, Intel i5-12400, 2k 144Hz G-Sync monitor, Windows 11.  The G-Sync is enabled in the Nvidia settings.  I get stutter on frame pacing vs. none using vsync in the VPX settings.  I've tried disabling Windows Security real-time monitoring and that does not seem to help.  Tried Windowed vs. Fullscreen, still no difference.  My smoothest is Fullscreen exclusive with vsync.,  Most tables run sub 144Hz so not sure what else to try? 

#1678 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,802 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 06:03 PM

Does anyone use a G-Sync monitor with frame pacing?  I have a PC with a Nvidia 3060ti, Intel i5-12400, 2k 144Hz G-Sync monitor, Windows 11.  The G-Sync is enabled in the Nvidia settings.  I get stutter on frame pacing vs. none using vsync in the VPX settings.  I've tried disabling Windows Security real-time monitoring and that does not seem to help.  Tried Windowed vs. Fullscreen, still no difference.  My smoothest is Fullscreen exclusive with vsync.,  Most tables run sub 144Hz so not sure what else to try? 

disable G-Sync?

#1679 Saybrook

Saybrook

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Whirlwind

Posted 05 February 2024 - 06:39 PM

disable G-Sync?

I'm asking if anyone uses it successfully with G-Sync enabled.

#1680 Pete248

Pete248

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 58 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: LOTR

Posted 05 February 2024 - 06:41 PM

Have you set fps limit to 144 with frame pacing or set it to 0?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VP, VPX, 10.8, beta, Visual Pinball