Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

• Flag: Italy

• Favorite Pinball: PinBot

Posted 12 December 2022 - 08:41 PM

Hi,

I develop a simple Frontend to play with Future Pinball, Visual Pinball and Visual Pinball X.

It allow to select executables for each types, alternate executable and tables directories.

It build up a list of your tables and show it. You can play your table and return immediately to frontend simply quitting.

http://www.socket200...ndex.asp?id=108

#2 toxie

toxie

VPF Veteran

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: AFM

Posted 12 December 2022 - 09:12 PM

Neat! A simplistic interface that seems to do the basic job! Thanks..

#3 freebird1963

freebird1963

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Jungle Queen

Posted 13 December 2022 - 01:43 AM

So d/l and ran it. Simple and easy. 

Whats the screen capture button(s) didn't see that any were in the write up.

Tried to set it up to do VR tables but won't read that table directory. Goes to the regular table directory even tho different directory is chosen for the tables. The GL file is in the same directory as the VPX file.

Not saving the VP X setup. I put it in and then exit. When I start it back up says error not setup tables. Re setup and still doesn't save the info. Running as admin. Win10. The FP setup stays but just not the VPX.

This is the version on the website 2.0b 

Like it its down and dirty w/o all the hoopla and glittery stuff.

Nice job.

Edited by freebird1963, 13 December 2022 - 01:59 AM.

Semper Fi Devil Dog !

#4 Jeebo64

Jeebo64

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 December 2022 - 07:38 AM

Tried to set it up to do VR tables but won't read that table directory. Goes to the regular table directory even tho different directory is chosen for the tables. The GL file is in the same directory as the VPX file.

Not saving the VP X setup. I put it in and then exit. When I start it back up says error not setup tables. Re setup and still doesn't save the info. Running as admin. Win10. The FP setup stays but just not the VPX.

Nice job.

Thank you for response.
For screenshoot you can simply use prtscr key (stamp) during game . When Pinball return to FP Rocket the image in clipboard will be transferred to image of the table. You can use any type of screen capture method that leave image in clipboard.
VR Tables uses another extension for tables files? If FP Rocket cannot find any tables it complain about it...

#5 freebird1963

freebird1963

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Jungle Queen

Posted 13 December 2022 - 10:46 PM

Nice job.

Thank you for response.
For screenshoot you can simply use prtscr key (stamp) during game . When Pinball return to FP Rocket the image in clipboard will be transferred to image of the table. You can use any type of screen capture method that leave image in clipboard.
VR Tables uses another extension for tables files? If FP Rocket cannot find any tables it complain about it...

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Nope use same extension just open up with the gl version of the vpx exe file.  In setup point it to the VR exe file and the table directory. Won't load the tables in. 

Still can't get it to save the regular vpx settings. Just saves Futurepinball settings. I got pics I will upload later.

Thanks

Semper Fi Devil Dog !

#6 Jeebo64

Jeebo64

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 December 2022 - 09:01 AM

extension for Future Pinball = .fpt
visual pinball = .vpt

visual pinball x = .vpx

#7 Jeebo64

Jeebo64

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 01:29 PM

Updated version 2.0.3

#8 toxie

toxie

VPF Veteran

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

Posted 18 December 2022 - 11:42 AM

Note that Windows Defender detects this as https://www.microsof...2/Spursint.F!cl now

I think its a false positive, so maybe you can work around this issue?

Edited by toxie, 18 December 2022 - 11:43 AM.

#9 Jeebo64

Jeebo64

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 December 2022 - 02:12 PM

Note that Windows Defender detects this as https://www.microsof...2/Spursint.F!cl now
I think its a false positive, so maybe you can work around this issue?

Must investigate. In virustotal.com there is 6 engine that complain about it!

#10 toxie

toxie

VPF Veteran

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

Posted 18 December 2022 - 06:48 PM

Yeah, those stupid AI based detection mechanisms detect so many false positives nowadays..  :/

Or those sandboxes that complain about super common stuff like dynamic loading of dlls..  :/

#11 mumdb1

mumdb1

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Wizard of Oz

Posted 24 December 2022 - 12:03 AM

Is there a way to just have a folder of images that FP Rocket pulls from?  I haven't been able to get the screenshot part working.  When I take a screenshot of a FP table for example, it places the screenshot in the Future Pinball/BAM folder with the title "Addams Family, The ULTIMATE Pro 1.05.png".  I'm not sure where the program is looking for screenshots.  I'd like to just make my own and assign them to a table as I'm a cabinet user, not a desktop one.  Would love to use this as I've been looking for a simple front end.

#12 Jeebo64

Jeebo64

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 December 2022 - 04:49 PM

Actually program send screenshots to tables folder. Future version can have screenshoots directory selectable.

#13 malform11

malform11

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

• Favorite Pinball: TALES OF THE ARABIAN NIGHTS

Posted 26 December 2022 - 06:45 AM

Why this front end sounds like the perfect addition to VP. I don't think any person could come up with something better no matter how hard they tried. We need to support his efforts and someday the world will be a better place for it.

I wish I was smart.

Edited by malform11, 26 December 2022 - 06:51 AM.

#14 Jeebo64

Jeebo64

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 December 2022 - 01:27 PM

Why this front end sounds like the perfect addition to VP. I don't think any person could come up with something better no matter how hard they tried. We need to support his efforts and someday the world will be a better place for it.

I wish I was smart.

Haha, a little exaggerate... I try to make a frontend that I feel like to use. I hope same for other users...

#15 Jeebo64

Jeebo64

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 04:56 PM

Is there a way to just have a folder of images that FP Rocket pulls from?  I haven't been able to get the screenshot part working.  When I take a screenshot of a FP table for example, it places the screenshot in the Future Pinball/BAM folder with the title "Addams Family, The ULTIMATE Pro 1.05.png".  I'm not sure where the program is looking for screenshots.  I'd like to just make my own and assign them to a table as I'm a cabinet user, not a desktop one.  Would love to use this as I've been looking for a simple front end.

New version 2.0.5 can do it now.

#16 mumdb1

mumdb1

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Wizard of Oz

Posted 18 January 2023 - 04:51 PM

Thank you!  Another request would be to have multiple folder locations for VPX etc. tables.  For example, I keep VPX tables with pup packs that I use in a seperate folder.

#17 Jeebo64

Jeebo64

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 10:35 AM

Thank you!  Another request would be to have multiple folder locations for VPX etc. tables.  For example, I keep VPX tables with pup packs that I use in a seperate folder.

May be in future.

#18 Fiery Phoenix

Fiery Phoenix

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Indiana Jones

Posted 14 February 2023 - 11:31 AM

Love the frontend - was looking for a new one since the old YP Launcher did not support VPX

One quickie (if poss) can tabs be added to screenshots so we can have a link (will need a new path) to rules and flyers?

If not poss and too much work, no problem

#19 Jeebo64

Jeebo64

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 February 2023 - 01:26 PM

Love the frontend - was looking for a new one since the old YP Launcher did not support VPX

One quickie (if poss) can tabs be added to screenshots so we can have a link (will need a new path) to rules and flyers?

If not poss and too much work, no problem

rules and flyers in jpg ?

#20 Fiery Phoenix

Fiery Phoenix

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Indiana Jones

Posted 22 February 2023 - 01:59 PM

Anything that works best for you - the old defunct frontend had this option