#41 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: M M

Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:30 PM

Will you be adding Support for Rotation?...... For the source end and on the display end

#42 32assassin

32assassin

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 853 posts

• Favorite Pinball: terminator 2

Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:29 AM

any chance that we can the option to manually change the size and location

by modifying the INI file

I ran Beach Bums and moved the location and size to

[beachbms]
alphanumeric pos.0.left = 0
alphanumeric pos.0.top = 120
alphanumeric pos.0.height = 120
alphanumeric pos.1.left = -2
alphanumeric pos.1.top = 0
alphanumeric pos.1.height = 120

this position is off

alphanumeric pos.1.left = -2

but I cant set it to 0 in the INI file I have to manually move the screen to the correct position.

If I change it to 0 in the ini file (save the file)  when I run the rom it moves to the -2 position.

I ask this because I their are 10+ roms that will run on the same settings, it

would be easier to copy and past this values in the INI file and simply change the rom name.

My Files
http://www.vpforums....4de64a621eccd40
My Table List
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlaxLrXlPOU
See a table you like, help me complete it by finding the missing resources
https://www.dropbox....xTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

#43 Thalamus

Thalamus

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,831 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: GOT, Alien Star, LOTR, TOM

Posted 20 January 2019 - 08:26 AM

First. I want to thank you freezy for the great work you're doing !!! This looks amazing !!

I started testing this new dll only yesterday and I seem to have some performance hits running it. I kept playing the same table and db2s ( latest high speed with db2 from blacksad ). My tests are run on a cab with 4k monitor and a nvidia 1080. I have a pindmd3 as a "real dmd". My backglass is on 1080p running of the same gpu. And I'm not using forced fullscreen.

What I'm seeing is small bursts of stutter at non linear intervals ( random ?! ). By that I mean, I can't see that it is related to eg. something else happening on the playfield - like large flashers og lights going off.

I can play the table lag free if I don't tick the use external dmd (only regular db2 dmd).

For the purpose of testing. I enabled this dll, let the alphanum run over the db2s not disabling my pindmd3 and regular vpm virtual dmd. As expected this gives the worst performance. i however are able to run large portions of the game stutter free but, could on a few occasions provoke what looked to be lost frames.

So, I believe I tired every other scenarios, Pindmd3 only, alphanum only etc. All give me this small stutter. No skipped frames though. I've had this problem for a long time and I know that some will react saying I should use force fullscreen. But, as long as I can run it stutter free without any dmd ( just regular backglass ). I believe my rig is powerful enough not needing it to run in this mode. It is just more convenient for me.

When I say long time. I actually mean. I've been running with your dmddevice from many revisions back. Unfortunately my hardware has changed too so any previous experiences is non valid. I can't recall being able to run your dmddevice 100% stutter free with my current setup. And I should again add. It is not happening all the time. Small bursts so that is why I still use it. It is worth the pain ;) Right now I just jumped back to the dll MJR released in his PinballY thread. I believe it is the latests "regular" one that doesn't have the broken vni support. I believe if was after implementing his changes your 1.7.2 didn't work with this feature. Does it perform any better ? Too early to say. I do see the same symptoms, but haven't played enough games on this exact combination of table/backglass yet and it is just hard to decide since it looks to be happening at random intervals.

I also jumped back because I started off running this 152-r3 dll without any references in the INI file that it should start those alphanu displays. But, it did, and that would also mean they will pop up for each new game I try them on.

I guess my next tests should be run with no color support and even with the old pindmd.dll - just to make sure this is dmd related.

I don't want to hi-jack this thread, so, if there is anyone out there that has suggestions for things to try. Could you maybe PM me ?

Edited by Thalamus, 20 January 2019 - 10:15 AM.

From now on. I won't help anyone here at VPF. Please ask Noah why that is.

#44 h4fl4

h4fl4

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family

Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:28 PM

Hi. I really love the new version but Im having a few problems (using 1280x390 LCD as a DMD):

1. For some reason dots are not filling up the designated frame properly until I manually grab and move the DMD field

2. Settings menu hides somewhere and Im unable to find it - Is there a way to edit the location in the reg file?

3. Is there a way to hide the dot display when alphanumeric display is in use

4. Color ROMS don't work anymore

#45 freezy

freezy

Member title

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: T2, TOM, AFM

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:33 PM

@Outhere: Rotation isn't currently on my mind, no. Most people already have their desktop rotated properly. What's your use case?

@32assassin: Yes of course the .ini is just a text file, and you should be able to edit it manually. I'm not sure why it doesn't seem to work in your setup. Maybe dmdext has it still in memory when you edit it and overwrites it? Did you try to quit VPM/VP when editing the .ini?

@Thalamus: Thanks for the report. Performance is still an issue I reckon. For the alphanum-rendering I'll try switching to an OpenGL surface (it's still CPU-based currently), but even with that, the new virtual DMD that is based on the same stack seems to have issues (although the number of draws is significantly lower for the alphanum display). I'll fiddle some more with the config to get the default behavior back when a real DMD is recognized, so you don't have to disable it separately for each game.

@h4fl4: This is the alphanum-thread, for the new virtual DMD rendering, see here. 1: Yes aspect ratio is fixed to keep it correct, 2. the button is on the top right of the display, 3. I'd need your config, per default it shouldn't display the two 4. Nothing changed there, maybe this is the problem?

#46 h4fl4

h4fl4

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:49 PM

@h4fl4: This is the alphanum-thread, for the new virtual DMD rendering, see here. 1: Yes aspect ratio is fixed to keep it correct, 2. the button is on the top right of the display, 3. I'd need your config, per default it shouldn't display the two 4. Nothing changed there, maybe this is the problem?

Thanks for the quick answer.
1. I know that the ratio is fixed but its not the problem. Basically there is a black frame around the dot graphic until I move it a bit. Then it is changing the size to the right resolution. 

2. I know where to enable the settings but the menu appears somewhere outside my monitors range. Only in some games it shows up underneath DMD.

3. Ill send the cfg.

Sorry for hi-jacking this thread. I wrote in the right topic now.

Before movement (small picture)

tkw4Fuo.jpg

After moving (expands to right size):

Rj5zgjO.jpg

Edited by h4fl4, 21 January 2019 - 03:28 PM.

#47 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:16 PM

freezy

Is it possible to always have the menu show on the Playfield No matter where the Segment may be?

-

I was trying to get it to work with this game SlamIt: Big Score... If I rotate the game To portrait view it picks up the DMD in the wrong direction..--  This one uses a setting in the game to rotate it

But if I use it for pinball wicked game it's displayed the same way a picks it up correctly -- This one you have to rotate the screen in windows

h4fl4

I am using dmdext.exe from 172 and dll from here And I'm not seeing any size problem or with any of the versions

No problem here with color roms

-

to use dmdext's segment rendering you actually need to ditch the LED frames from the backglass, unless the frame fits perfectly and you use a solid background.

https://www.vpforums...=41291&p=419369

You will need this

https://www.vpforums...s&showfile=7549

Edited by Outhere, 21 January 2019 - 04:16 PM.

#48 h4fl4

h4fl4

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:19 PM

Outhere - Im using the same dll and 1.7.2 but as you can see the picture is smaller than the designated area. As soon as I grab and move DMD window any direction it zooms in to the resolution set in the .ini file. I've tried all possible settings, different resolutions etc.  nothing helps.

#49 Carny_Priest

Carny_Priest

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

• Favorite Pinball: EATPM

Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:37 PM

freezy

Is it possible to always have the menu show on the Playfield No matter where the Segment may be?

-

I was trying to get it to work with this game SlamIt: Big Score... If I rotate the game To portrait view it picks up the DMD in the wrong direction..--  This one uses a setting in the game to rotate it

But if I use it for pinball wicked game it's displayed the same way a picks it up correctly -- This one you have to rotate the screen in windows

h4fl4

I am using dmdext.exe from 172 and dll from here And I'm not seeing any size problem or with any of the versions

-

to use dmdext's segment rendering you actually need to ditch the LED frames from the backglass, unless the frame fits perfectly and you use a solid background.

You will need this

I tried to included rotation is the source code at one point, but I'm not familiar with .NET and did not have much success on my own. Harder than it looks in any case.

Where there is a will there is a way. If you can't rotate the image then you can certainly rotate the display. For two screen, this would also require rotating the backglass image. Going this approach, I've gotten dmdext to mirror the SlamIt on-playfield DMD to a third screen. I can't say that I liked the results very much. It's probably from the way the DMD is drawn for that specific game. 

I went back to using ffmpeg/ffplay to live stream to localhost loopback to a third screen. Latency was tolerable with Win 7. There is latency with Win 10, but the process can probably be fine tuned to reduce lag. Or maybe you have a new blazing fast machine and it would be just fine. Mine is more than five years old now.

#50 32assassin

32assassin

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 853 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:08 PM

@32assassin: Yes of course the .ini is just a text file, and you should be able to edit it manually. I'm not sure why it doesn't seem to work in your setup. Maybe dmdext has it still in memory when you edit it and overwrites it? Did you try to quit VPM/VP when editing the .ini?

it might be a problem in my end given that 

the hide grip is working for the normal DMD

[virtualdmd]
enabled = true
; hide the resize grip
hidegrip = true

but its not working for me when I add it on a per rom basis

edit I got it to work

I added it to  

[alphanumeric]
enabled = true

; hide the resize grip
hidegrip = true

hide grip will be applied to all per rom settings

Edited by 32assassin, 21 January 2019 - 10:22 PM.

My Files
My Table List

#51 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:33 PM

freezy

-

h4fl4

-

You will need this

I tried to included rotation is the source code at one point, but I'm not familiar with .NET and did not have much success on my own. Harder than it looks in any case.

Where there is a will there is a way. If you can't rotate the image then you can certainly rotate the display. For two screen, this would also require rotating the backglass image. Going this approach, I've gotten dmdext to mirror the SlamIt on-playfield DMD to a third screen. I can't say that I liked the results very much. It's probably from the way the DMD is drawn for that specific game. 

I went back to using ffmpeg/ffplay to live stream to localhost loopback to a third screen. Latency was tolerable with Win 7. There is latency with Win 10, but the process can probably be fine tuned to reduce lag. Or maybe you have a new blazing fast machine and it would be just fine. Mine is more than five years old now.

Every time I try Rotating the screen instead of using the portrait in the game it always tells me my resolution is no good...
I did manage to get my dmdext to mirror the DMD, I rotated the 3rd screen but It doesn't look very good with this game...
It's To bad the mirroring doesn't work with fullscreen....

-

I tried to PM you but it says you cannot receive any new messages

Outhere

#52 freezy

freezy

Member title

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: T2, TOM, AFM

Posted 22 January 2019 - 11:09 PM

@Outhere: Yes, I'll remove the positioning, which is currently on the right side of the display and let Windows handle it. And yes, I realized after implementing the segmented displays that B2S already does it, so yes, you'll need to remove it, which is fiddly and most people probably won't bother :/

For rotation you guys need the source grabber to rotate the image, or also the virtual DMD?

@32assassin: Okay, I'll try to reproduce.

#53 Carny_Priest

Carny_Priest

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

• Favorite Pinball: EATPM

Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:02 AM

freezy

-

h4fl4

-

You will need this

Every time I try Rotating the screen instead of using the portrait in the game it always tells me my resolution is no good...
I did manage to get my dmdext to mirror the DMD, I rotated the 3rd screen but It doesn't look very good with this game...
It's To bad the mirroring doesn't work with fullscreen....

-

I tried to PM you but it says you cannot receive any new messages

Outhere

Cleared some items from Messenger, but it is easier to reach me on other forums.

Rotation - It's been a couple of years since I tried dmdext with SlamIt. As I recall, it may be more about rotation with the source grabber. Given that the game is in landscape and the DMD capture area is on the left apron, the issue maybe trying to capture an area that is close to 1:4 aspect ratio rather than 4:1. Like I said, it's been a while. I don't have any pictures. Maybe @Outhere is in a better place to produce an image or do some testing.

#54 32assassin

32assassin

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 853 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:17 AM

my problems are pretty much sorted out

the only major problem I found is with River Boat Gambler

similar to Taxi (working correctly with 3 screens)  their should be 3 screens possibly 4

I'm only getting 2 and its giving me bad display numbers

Attached File  Capture.PNG   364.28KB   5 downloads

back glass for reference

https://www.ipdb.org...no=14862&zoom=1

My Files
My Table List

#55 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:12 PM

I found this problem
If you have the DPI checked (see image) it will not allow the external DMD to be visible when using relocation settings......
With it unchecked, it worked fine and to be sure.......................
I tested the VP-9 and when the DPI is checked the DMD is not visible.................

Attached File  DPI.jpg   132.3KB   2 downloads

Running Windows 10 64 bit
I am using 32 bit
I'm having this issue

VP-9 works fine
If I use alternate settings (Position/size)  it will not work with VP-10
I have tried the 4 different Dll files, they all do the same thing
If I remove the alternate settings then it works but then it's not on the screen where I want it

[tmnt_104]
virtualdmd left = 2455
virtualdmd top = 673
virtualdmd width = 720
virtualdmd height = 62

The log is the same for Either VP, except for the fact that it says which VP is running

physmod5 log

Spoiler

VP 10  Log

Spoiler

--

A discussion over here

https://vpinball.com...-freezys-issue/

Edited by Outhere, 09 February 2019 - 09:19 PM.

#56 vothar

vothar

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: medieval madness

Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:28 PM

system windows 7 x64 (ryzen 2700)  with VPX 10.6 - 3 monitors config (table / DMD / backglass)

hello,, i juste tested the version 1.7.3-r61 (https://ci.appveyor....ensions/history )(the more rescent version r62 and up crash VPX)

and all seem to work very well (apart the already noted problem about the position of the config windows position ) BUT (there is always a BUT)

1/ the option hidegrip = true didn't work (the grip is always here).

2/ for a pinball like XENON with alphanumeric display, if you set stayontop = true in the ini, the position front-behind backglass of the display are random for the  4 counter display + ball number display + credit number display. (the problem is with all version i tested)

sometimes, all are in front of the backglass (good) but the most part of the time, only the ball number/ and credit number are on the front. the others 4 display are behind the backglass

this is the last log

[9] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.552  INFO | Successfully loaded config from J:\vp2\Games\Visual Pinball\DmdDevice.ini. 
 [9] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.613  INFO | No altcolor folder found, ignoring palettes. 
 [9] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.613  INFO | Starting VPinMAME API through VPinballx.exe. 
 [9] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.613  INFO | [vpm] Open() 
 [9] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.613  INFO | [vpm] PM_GameSettings(0) 
 [9] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.613  INFO | Disabling game colorization 
 [9] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.613  INFO | Setting game name: xenon 
 [9] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.613  INFO | Setting color: #FFFF5820 
 [9] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.613  INFO | Opening virtual DMD... 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.688  INFO | Found B2S, moving behind DMD. 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.811  INFO | Added VirtualDMD renderer. 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.831  INFO | Loading alphanumeric SVGs... 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.866  INFO | Loading alphanumeric SVGs... 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.866  INFO | Loading numeric (8) SVGs... 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.866  INFO | Loading numeric (8) SVGs... 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.866  INFO | Loading numeric (10) SVGs... 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.866  INFO | Loading numeric (10) SVGs... 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.866  INFO | All SVGs loaded. 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.866  INFO | Added virtual alphanumeric renderer. 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.866  INFO | Transformation options: Resize=Fit, HFlip=False, VFlip=False 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.875  INFO | Applying default color to render graphs (#FFFF5820). 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.875  INFO | Resizing virtual DMD to 128x32 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.875  INFO | Setting up 2-bit VPM Graph for 2 destination(s) 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.875  INFO | Connecting VPM 2-bit Source to Dmd (Gray2 => Rgb24) 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.898  INFO | Setting up 4-bit VPM Graph for 2 destination(s) 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.898  INFO | Connecting VPM 4-bit Source to Dmd (Gray4 => Rgb24) 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.898  INFO | Setting up RGB24-bit VPM Graph for 2 destination(s) 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.898  INFO | Connecting VPM RGB24 Source to Dmd (Rgb24 => Rgb24) 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.898  INFO | Setting up Alphanumeric VPM Graph for 2 destination(s) 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.898  INFO | Connecting VPM Alpha Numeric Source to Virtual Alphanumeric Renderer (AlphaNumeric => AlphaNumeric) 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:21.898 ERROR | Value "1.0" for "dotsize" under [virtualdmd] must be a floating number. 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.068  INFO | Found B2S, moving behind DMD. 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.068  INFO | Found B2S, moving behind DMD. 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.203  INFO | Rasterization done. 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.319  INFO | Rasterization done. 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.319  INFO | Found B2S, moving behind DMD. 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.431  INFO | Rasterization done. 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.438  INFO | Found B2S, moving behind DMD. 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.546  INFO | Rasterization done. 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.561  INFO | Found B2S, moving behind DMD. 
 [7] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.623  INFO | Position changed: 295x95@1441/204 
 [7] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.623  INFO | Scheduling configuration save to J:\vp2\Games\Visual Pinball\DmdDevice.ini 
 [7] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.623  INFO | Scheduling configuration save to J:\vp2\Games\Visual Pinball\DmdDevice.ini 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.639  INFO | Rasterization done. 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.639  INFO | Found B2S, moving behind DMD. 
[11] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.732  INFO | Position changed: 315x101@2278/201 
[11] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.732  INFO | Scheduling configuration save to J:\vp2\Games\Visual Pinball\DmdDevice.ini 
[11] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.732  INFO | Scheduling configuration save to J:\vp2\Games\Visual Pinball\DmdDevice.ini 
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.732  INFO | Rasterization done. 
 [7] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.856  INFO | Position changed: 290x94@1440/735 
 [7] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.856  INFO | Scheduling configuration save to J:\vp2\Games\Visual Pinball\DmdDevice.ini 
 [7] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.856  INFO | Scheduling configuration save to J:\vp2\Games\Visual Pinball\DmdDevice.ini 
[11] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.981  INFO | Position changed: 286x93@2277/739 
[11] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.981  INFO | Scheduling configuration save to J:\vp2\Games\Visual Pinball\DmdDevice.ini 
[11] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.981  INFO | Scheduling configuration save to J:\vp2\Games\Visual Pinball\DmdDevice.ini 
 [7] 2019/02/09 15:36:23.091  INFO | Position changed: 93x74@2378/432 
 [7] 2019/02/09 15:36:23.091  INFO | Scheduling configuration save to J:\vp2\Games\Visual Pinball\DmdDevice.ini 
 [7] 2019/02/09 15:36:23.091  INFO | Scheduling configuration save to J:\vp2\Games\Visual Pinball\DmdDevice.ini 
[11] 2019/02/09 15:36:23.200  INFO | Position changed: 85x67@2518/437 
[11] 2019/02/09 15:36:23.200  INFO | Scheduling configuration save to J:\vp2\Games\Visual Pinball\DmdDevice.ini 
[11] 2019/02/09 15:36:23.200  INFO | Scheduling configuration save to J:\vp2\Games\Visual Pinball\DmdDevice.ini 
[11] 2019/02/09 15:36:23.714  INFO | Saving config to J:\vp2\Games\Visual Pinball\DmdDevice.ini 
 [9] 2019/02/09 15:36:39.176  INFO | [vpm] Close() 
 [9] 2019/02/09 15:36:39.176  INFO | Closing up. 
 [9] 2019/02/09 15:36:39.190  INFO | Clearing Display 
 [9] 2019/02/09 15:36:39.190  INFO | Source for 1 renderer(s) stopped. 
 [9] 2019/02/09 15:36:39.250  INFO | Source for 1 renderer(s) stopped. 

Even if you can see

[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.068 INFO | Found B2S, moving behind DMD.
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.068 INFO | Found B2S, moving behind DMD.
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.203 INFO | Rasterization done.
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.319 INFO | Rasterization done.
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.319 INFO | Found B2S, moving behind DMD.
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.431 INFO | Rasterization done.
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.438 INFO | Found B2S, moving behind DMD.
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.546 INFO | Rasterization done.
[14] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.561 INFO | Found B2S, moving behind DMD.
[7] 2019/02/09 15:36:22.623 INFO | Position changed: 295x95@1441/204

in this run, only ONE of the 6 display was in front of the backglass

this is my dmddevice.ini

[global]

; how to downscale SEGA 192x64 pixel games to smaller displays: fit, fill or stretch
resize = fit

; flips the image horizontally
fliphorizontally = false

; flips the image vertically
flipvertically = false

; enable or disable frame-by-frame colorization (inactive in VPX bundle)
colorize = true

; a DMD that renders with nice dots on a computer monitor
[virtualdmd]
enabled = true

; virtual dmd stays on top of all other windows
stayontop = true

; hide the resize grip
hidegrip = true

; ignore the aspect ratio of the rendered dots when resizing
ignorear = false

; use VPM's registry values when positioning the virtual dmd
useregistry = false

; x-axis of the window position
left = 2643

; y-axis of the window position
top = 0

; width of the dmd in monitor pixels
width = 1024

; height of the dmd in monitor pixels
height = 300

; scale the dot size (set to 0.8 for same size as pre-1.6.0)
dotsize = 1.0
style = default
style.default.backgroundcolor = #ff000000
style.default.foreground.enabled = true
style.default.foreground.size = 0,875
style.default.foreground.opacity = 1
style.default.foreground.luminosity = 0
style.default.foreground.rounded.enabled = true
style.default.foreground.rounded = 1
style.default.foreground.blur.enabled = false
style.default.innerglow.enabled = true
style.default.outerglow.enabled = true
style.default.background.enabled = true
style.default.innerglow.size = 1,25
style.default.innerglow.opacity = 0,15625
style.default.innerglow.luminosity = 56,25
style.default.innerglow.rounded.enabled = true
style.default.innerglow.rounded = 1
style.default.innerglow.blur.enabled = true
style.default.innerglow.blur = 54
style.default.outerglow.size = 1,75
style.default.outerglow.opacity = 1
style.default.outerglow.luminosity = -40
style.default.outerglow.rounded.enabled = true
style.default.outerglow.rounded = 1
style.default.outerglow.blur.enabled = true
style.default.outerglow.blur = 500
style.default.foreground.unlit = false
style.default.foreground.unlit.color = #00ffffff
style.default.innerglow.unlit = false
style.default.innerglow.unlit.color = #00ffffff
style.default.outerglow.unlit = false
style.default.outerglow.unlit.color = #00ffffff
style.default.foreground.hue = 0
style.default.innerglow.hue = 0
style.default.outerglow.hue = 0
style.default.background.unlit = true
style.default.background.unlit.color = #ffff4500
style.default.background.size = 0,5
style.default.background.opacity = 0,403125
style.default.background.luminosity = 0
style.default.background.hue = 0
style.default.background.rounded.enabled = true
style.default.background.rounded = 1
style.default.background.blur.enabled = false

[pindmd1]

; if false, doesn't bother looking for a pinDMD1
enabled = false

[pindmd2]

; if false, doesn't bother looking for a pinDMD2
enabled = false

[pindmd3]

; if false, doesn't bother looking for a pinDMD3
enabled = false

; COM port, e.g. COM3
port = 

[[Removed for Trademark Infringement]]

; if false, doesn't bother looking for a [Removed for Trademark Infringement]
enabled = false

[video]

; if enabled, writes frames to an .avi file
enabled = false

; path to folder or .avi file. if folder, gamename.avi is used.
path = 

[alphanumeric]
enabled = true
style = default
style.default.skewangle = 12
style.default.backgroundcolor = ff000000
style.default.foreground.enabled = true
style.default.foreground.color = fffbe6cb
style.default.foreground.blur.enabled = true
style.default.foreground.blur.x = 2
style.default.foreground.blur.y = 2
style.default.foreground.dilate.enabled = false
style.default.innerglow.enabled = true
style.default.innerglow.color = a0dd6a03
style.default.innerglow.blur.enabled = true
style.default.innerglow.blur.x = 15
style.default.innerglow.blur.y = 13
style.default.innerglow.dilate.enabled = true
style.default.innerglow.dilate.x = 15
style.default.innerglow.dilate.y = 10
style.default.outerglow.enabled = true
style.default.outerglow.color = 40b65829
style.default.outerglow.blur.enabled = true
style.default.outerglow.blur.x = 50
style.default.outerglow.blur.y = 50
style.default.outerglow.dilate.enabled = true
style.default.outerglow.dilate.x = 90
style.default.outerglow.dilate.y = 40
style.default.background.enabled = true
style.default.background.color = 20ffffff
style.default.background.blur.enabled = true
style.default.background.blur.x = 7
style.default.background.blur.y = 7
style.default.background.dilate.enabled = false

[xenon]
alphanumeric pos.0.left = 1441
alphanumeric pos.0.top = 204
alphanumeric pos.0.height = 95
alphanumeric pos.1.left = 2278
alphanumeric pos.1.top = 201
alphanumeric pos.1.height = 101
alphanumeric pos.2.left = 1440
alphanumeric pos.2.top = 735
alphanumeric pos.2.height = 94
alphanumeric pos.3.left = 2277
alphanumeric pos.3.top = 739
alphanumeric pos.3.height = 93
alphanumeric pos.4.left = 2378
alphanumeric pos.4.top = 432
alphanumeric pos.4.height = 74
alphanumeric pos.5.left = 2518
alphanumeric pos.5.top = 437
alphanumeric pos.5.height = 67

Edited by vothar, 09 February 2019 - 08:45 PM.

#57 ChrissOnline

ChrissOnline

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Timeshock!

Posted 21 July 2019 - 01:41 AM

Hello. Just found this nice tool and love it!

Is there a way to turn off the Dot-Matrix-Display when running alphanumeric screens? At the moment there are both visible.

#58 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 01:45 AM

F1 when the game is ruuning

#59 ChrissOnline

ChrissOnline

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Timeshock!

Posted 21 July 2019 - 10:50 AM

Cool, I'll have a try.

This thing is still WIP, isn't it?!

So not included in 1.7.1 or 1.7.2, right?

#60 Thalamus

Thalamus

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,831 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: GOT, Alien Star, LOTR, TOM

Posted 21 July 2019 - 10:57 AM

Correct.

From now on. I won't help anyone here at VPF. Please ask Noah why that is.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dmdext