Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:42 PM

Posted Image

File Name: Astral Defender

File Submitter: ronimhoff

File Submitted: 10 Feb 2018

File Category: VPX Originals

Author(s): Ronald Imhoff
Permission to MOD?: Yes, without approval

Space themed VPX table. Sounds are from a minimalist noise recording I created with synthesizers and digital effects signal processors. The top 4 lanes increase the end of ball bonus 2x, 3x, 4x and 5x. Up to 40,000 1x points possible at end of ball ( increased by multiplier ). Completing A-B-C-D drop targets lights left and right ball saver lanes. Left and right mid field lanes increase left and right fuel cell thrusters ( 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, 100%). Two playfield kickers also increase left and right fuel cells. If both fuel cells are 100%, the "Fire!" button is lit. Striking a lit Fire! button releases 10 bulls for multi-ball on steroid action. Completing top 5 "Cosmic Star" rollovers lights upper right extra ball kicker hole. Hitting lit extra ball kicker decreases in ball count by 1 ( extra ball ). Lower interior lanes have variable scoring based on light lit. Bumpers are scored as 1000 x the number of the plunger lane lit (i.e. if the first / lowest green plunger lane light is lit, 1000 is scored per bumper hit, 5th / highest green light results in 5,000 per bumper hit ). This game features named player high score saving if you use the up / down / left and right keys to specify your initials before playing. 

Save the Earth !

Ron Imhoff
Comments, improvement suggestions and feedback welcome on the site messaging or via [email protected]

Click here to download this file

#2 xenonph

xenonph

I have Pinball Fever!

• VIP
  • 3,913 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: TRON Classic-Congo-Xenon-PINBOT-BOP-LOTR-A Real American Hero OPERATION PINBALL-Millionaire-Whirlwind-Krull-NFL-BlackKnight-FishTales

Contributor

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:32 PM

Great playfield layout, and I really like those sound effects!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Carry on.

CHECK OUT THIS TUTORIAL http://www.vpforums....howtopic=32515
TO USE DB2S BACKGLASS PROGRAM WITH DESKTOP TABLES ON 1 MONITOR

#3 humanoide

humanoide

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

• Flag: Spain

• Favorite Pinball: Target Pool - Abra ca Dabra - Big Horse - Simbad - Centaur - Monster Bash - Twilight Zone

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:44 AM

good environmental music, excellent effects of sounds and lights, good table design and multiball explosion, I like it, thanks and congratulations

Edited by humanoide, 11 February 2018 - 04:51 AM.

#4 ronimhoff

ronimhoff

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Williams Flash

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:07 PM

If anyone wants help with sounds, I'm game ! I spend a lot of time on sounds and am happy to help fellow pinheads out !

Shamrocks are next in terms of table themes....St. Patty's day comin up.

#5 ronimhoff

ronimhoff

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:09 AM

YES ! DB2 Backlass, a fellow forum member here just sent me screen shots that clearly show both Astral D and Phanto tables and how the scoring is superimposed over the table when played on a virtual pin cab. That won't do ! I'll read that tutorial and get my S together. Thank You !

#6 sliderpoint

sliderpoint

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Metallica

Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:39 AM

Well, it's pretty darn good!  It needs some material adjustments and some physic adjustments to eliminate some strange ball spin issues. There are is a problem with the script where you can start a new game before the initials entry is completed. I'd follow that with; it's probably not the best practice to write the saved info to txt files in the tables folder.  There is already a VPReg file that stores individual table info, I recommend researching how to save to that instead.  It could use some graphics upgrades to match the quality of the audio (very good).  It has a real cool sound vibe going that goes great with the theme.  Agree on the explosion multiball, was not expecting that and it was great.  Overall... good stuff!

-Mike

#7 Thalamus

Thalamus

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,831 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: GOT, Alien Star, LOTR, TOM

Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:23 AM

What Mike just said :)

From now on. I won't help anyone here at VPF. Please ask Noah why that is.

#8 4Eyes

4Eyes

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Rack-a-ball

Posted 17 February 2018 - 05:46 AM

Great stuff, thank you. The sounds are really top notch. I love the lights around the bumpers too.

4Eyes

Old as dirt, apparently.

Yo, where's all the old forum members? Apoc... I miss you.

#9 ronimhoff

ronimhoff

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:27 AM

Thanks for all of the feedback. I wish I had more time. I had to drop everything because of my day gig ( IT Project ). Before that I had started a St. Patrick's day table... maybe stuff will calm down. I wish i could do only this.

#10 ronimhoff

ronimhoff

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:58 AM

SliderPoint ... I'll look into "There is already a VPReg file that stores individual table info, I recommend researching how to save to that instead. "

I'm certain there is so much available stuff I don't know about. So good to know. I'd have to go back and re-fit PhantoGram too in this regard. I'm kind of that guys that builds some stuff, strips out the specifics and then leverages things previously built going forward.

4Eyes ... Check out Phantogram, that is where I first used the bumper-base-lights ( and then leveraged them on this one )...

By the way, I've been thinking, it wouldn't be hard to write code to post the initials and score to a website with an API that takes the posted values and inserts them into MySQL, MS-SQL, Oracle, Postgres or whatever... 

Is there any sort of thing like that you guys know of, where table names, dates, scores, and initials are posted to a centralized db that can then be viewed ( it'd be easy to hack the scores of course, but we are all honorable  pin-heads here ... )

Something such as this ? Where ronimhoff.com is the target site and handler would take the data and push into the DB... ??? In the example below it'd require a local CURL install, but what the hell, anything for enhancement. 

' Post the high score to the high score internet page 

Dim oShell,wShell
Set wShell = CreateObject ("WScript.Shell")
wShell.Run "cmd.exe /C @echo off & @echo Attempting to high score to " & GameName & " High Score Page ... & CD d:\users\ronim\documents\pinball & curl.exe -X POST -F 'playername=*" & ltrim(trim(PlayerInit)) & "*' -F 'score=*" & ltrim(trim(ScoreText.text)) & "*' http://www.ronimhoff...ender.html.html"

#11 sliderpoint

sliderpoint

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Metallica

Posted 03 March 2018 - 04:32 AM

Gamex or pinballx does the score thing.

-Mike

#12 bpjacobsen

bpjacobsen

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: all

Posted 17 December 2018 - 03:42 PM

love the sounds. Does anyone have B2S for this per chance?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astral, Defender, Space, Themed, Multiball