• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xenonph

xenonph

I have Pinball Fever!

• VIP
  • 3,910 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: TRON Classic-Congo-Xenon-PINBOT-BOP-LOTR-A Real American Hero OPERATION PINBALL-Millionaire-Whirlwind-Krull-NFL-BlackKnight-FishTales

Contributor

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:53 AM

Just thought I would let others know about this site that offers these sound effects for free.

It is called The Arcade Ambience Project.

Find Main Page here..

http://arcade.hofle.com/

Click the Downloads Tab on Left of Page and you can right-click on "Mirror" and click Save Link As to save MP3.

If you have trouble with that page, check here...

http://audio.textfil...ARCADEAMBIENCE/

Right-Click on the

arcade.MP3

arcade83.MP3

arcade86.MP3

arcade92.MP3

and click Save Link As

to save MP3.

Or just click them to listen to them.

The first download was made for 1981 era.

Here is what it says for first download..

The Arcade Ambience Project: 1981, by Andy Hofle
Re-creation of the ambient noise of an Arcade, using many samples from proper-era video games looped, panned, and played. Could be used as a background noise while playing emulated games, or other similar uses. Created using the following techniques, described on Hofle's website: "it is about 65 minutes long and took many many hours to master. Most of the samples were created with MAME. I used a program to record myself playing each of the games all the way through (until the game was over). Some games have more than one recording. I also recorded a few games in attract mode (like Gorf and Astroblaster, which have attract sounds). A few games I had to take samples from elsewhere, for example asteroids in MAME sounds terrible. Also, the coin changers (there are 3 distinct sounds) and background hum (kind of hard to pick up) I took from a local arcade. Once I had a big collection of wavs, I created a multitrack project in my sequencer/audio program. I basically made a separate track for each game/sound effect. I then randomly panned each track to the left or right to give the illusion of the games and coin changers being placed all around you. I also randomly adjusted the volumes for each track. I then placed several instances of the game recordings spaced out randomly." Contains samples of the following games: Asteroids, Astroblaster, Berzerk, Centipede, Crazy Climber, Crushroller, Defender, Donkey Kong, Frogger, Galaga, Galaxian, Gorf, Missile Command, Moon Cresta, Mousetrap, Ms Pacman, Omegarace, Pacman, Phoenix, Qix, Rally X, Scramble, Space Invaders, Spectar, Tempest, Venture, Wizard Of War.

1983 era..

The Arcade Ambience Project: 1983, by Andy Hofle
Second version of Arcade Ambience project, except using circa-1983 arcade sounds. Contains the following games: Bagman, Bump n Jump, Burgertime, Congo Bongo, Dig Dug, Donkey Kong 3, Donkey Kong Jr, Elevator Action, Food Fight, Galaga, Gyruss, Joust, Jungle Hunt, Kangaroo, Mappy, Mario Bros, Millipede, Moon Patrol, Mr Do, Ms Pacman, Pengo, Pleiads, Pole Position, QBert, Robotron, Sinistar, Stargate, Star Trek, Tapper, Time Pilot, Track & Field, Tron, Xevious, Zaxxon, Zoo Keeper.

1986 era..

The Arcade Ambience Project: 1986, by Andy Hofle
Third version of Arcade Ambience project, using circa-1986 arcade sounds. Contains samples of the following games: Arkanoid, Bank Panic, Bubble Bobble, Commando, Excite Bike, Flicky, Galaga 3 (Gaplus), Galaga, Gauntlet, Ghosts N Goblins, Gunsmoke, Hat Trick, Hogan's Alley, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Jail Break, Kid Niki, Mag Max, Marble Madness, Ms Pacman, Pacland, Paperboy, Punch Out, Rampage, Road Fighter, Russian Attack, Sky Kid, Spelunker, Super Sprint, Star Wars, Tiger Heli, Time Pilot 84, Two Tigers.

1992 era...

The Arcade Ambience Project: 1992, by Andy Hofle
Fourth version of Arcade Ambience Project, using circa-1992 arcade sounds. Contains samples of the following games: Altered Beast, Arkanoid, Cyberball 2072, Galaga, Golden Axe, Klax, Neo Geo (Magician Lord, Baseball Stars Professional, Nam 1975), Mortal Kombat, Ms. Pacman, Raiden, Roadblasters, Street Fighter 2, Smash TV, Tetris, TMNT, Toobin, & Xybots. Pins: Black Knight 2000, Elvira, Fun House, Whirlwind.

Each file contains ambient arcade sound effects from what games you might hear in an Arcade from that era.

These could be used for front-ends like PinballX, to add arcade sound effects while choosing table, or add directly to table.(Like one of the T-2 tables has already.)

Could become a great and welcomed addition to the pinball experience.

You could have each era version play with same era version Pinball Machines.

What do you think?

Edited by xenonph, 04 January 2017 - 03:57 AM.

CHECK OUT THIS TUTORIAL http://www.vpforums....howtopic=32515
TO USE DB2S BACKGLASS PROGRAM WITH DESKTOP TABLES ON 1 MONITOR

#2 lukpcn

lukpcn

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

• Flag: Poland

• Favorite Pinball: I love all !!! :)

• PS3 Gamer Tag: N/A
  • 360 Gamer Tag: N/A

Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:37 PM

To me is too tense personally, that's why I mixed myself a different one as I'm a sound desginer myself.

If any1 wanna used it here it is: https://onedrive.liv...Id=root&o=OneUp

It's a seamless loop - You can use for example winamp to play it

Regards

Luk

My Pinball Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....lPinballFanatic

#3 STAT

STAT

Pinball and Arcade Freak

• VIP
  • 4,970 posts

• Flag: Austria

• Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 06 January 2019 - 11:50 AM

Xenon, i have overseen this Links - very cool - this will be my Welcome Sound in my Gameroom :)
:tup: