#1 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,012 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 23 October 2016 - 05:09 AM

This will walk you through setting up DOFLinx in all its modes with a reasonably straight forward configuration.  I will avoid talking options on the way through.  For options and custom setup, read the full guide that comes with DOFLinx, posts in the forums, and pose questions yourself as required.

Prerequisites to use all parts of this walk-through;

• Direct Output Framework Release 3++ installed and working
  • Future Pinball installed and working
  • Visual Pinball installed and working
  • Pinball FX3 Steam version installed and working
  • A LedWiz, Pinscape, PacLed64, Ultimate IO, PinControl 1, Pincontrol 2 or SainSmart device with toys

The configuration I will use is below.  You should be able to search and replace to create your own setup.

(Sorry - haven't figured out how to get a table in here yet!)

Device LedWiz
Direct Output Framework folder C:\DirectOuput\
Location of directoutputconfig.ini file C:\DirectOutput\config\directoutputconfig.ini
DOFLinx download and unpack location C:\DirectOutput\DOFLinxDownoad\
INI file location C:\DirectOutput\DOFLinx_INI\
FX2 file location C:\DirectOutput\DOFLinx_FX2\
FX3 file location C:\DirectOutput\DOFLinx_FX3\
Location and name of Future Pinball C:\FP\Future Pinball.exe
Location and name of Visual Pinball 9.9.1 file C:\VP\VPinball_9_9_1.exe
Left Flipper key Left Shift
Right Flipper key Right Shift
Left flipper solenoid Device #1, port 17
Right flipper solenoid Device #1, port 25
RGB under cabinet lighting Device #1, port 9 (red port)
Left slingshot solenoid Device #1, port 18
Right slingshot solenoid Device #1, port 26
Mid field left solenoid Device #1, port 27
Mid field centre solenoid Device #1, port 28
Midfield right solenoid Device #1, port 29
Back left solenoid Device #1, port 30
Back centre solenoid Device #1, port 31
Back right solenoid Device #1, port 32
Shaker Device #1, port 15
Gear motor Device #1, port 16
Knocker Device #1, port 24
Strobe light Device #2, port 17
Beacon Device #2, port 18
Flasher - Outer left Device #2, port 1
Flasher - Inner left Device #2, port 4
Flasher - Centre Device #2, port 7
Flasher - Inner right Device #2, port 10
Flasher - Outer right Device #2, port 13
Start button LED Device #1, port 2
Extra ball button LED Device #1, port 1
Coin button LED Device #1, port 6
Exit button LED Device #1, port 4

This full configuration will:

• Provide simple force feedback for all Pinball FX2 & FX3 tables 
  • Provide full force feedback for Pinball FX2 & FX3 tables with memory mapped trigger files (FX2 and FX3 files)
  • Connect to Future Pinball and provide full force feedback for Future Pinball DOFLinx coded tables
  • Provide simple force feedback for Future Pinball tables not DOFLinx coded
  • Provide simple force feedback for Visual Pinball (v9.9.1) tables flagged as having no built in force feedback

1. DOFLinx Installation
1.1 Download the latest version of the DOFLinx zip from VP Forums.  Search “DOFLinx” in the downloads section.
1.2 Unpack the downloaded ZIP into C:\DirectOutput\DOFLinxDownload\  (note this folder is specifically just for unzipping, all files are copied or moved from here. You can elect to unzip directly into C:\DirectOutput if you want)

1.3 Unblock the EXE and DLL files
1.4 Copy C:\DirectOutput\DOFLinxDownload\DOFLinx.exe to C:\DirectOutput\

1.5 Copy C:\DirectOutput\DOFLinxDownload\DOFLinxExt.dll to C:\DirectOutput
1.6 Copy C:\DirectOutput\DOFLinxDownload\DOFLinxMsg.exe to C:\DirectOutput\
1.7 Add a DOFLinx shortcut to your start-up folder
startshell_t.png

startupfolder_t.png

1.8 Set the properties of the DOFLinx start-up shortcut to have “PATH_INI=C:\DirectOutput\DOFLinx_INI\” as a command line argument
shortcutpropertiestarget_t.png
1.9 Set DOFLinx to run as an administrator (Note, from V7 onward this is now optional.  DOFLinx can run without being set to run as admin - your choice)
shortcutpropertiesadministrator_t.png

1.10 Copy C:\Directoutput\DOFLinxDownload\FX2\*.* to C:\DirectOutput\DOFLinx_FX2\

1.11 Copy CL\Directoutput\DOFLinxDownoad\FX3\*.* to C:\Directoutput\DOFLinx_FX3\
1.12 Set up a configuration (INI) file by either;
    a) Copy C:\DirectOutput\DOFLinxDownload\Sample INI FIles\DOFLinx.INI to C:\DIrectOutput\DOFLinx_INI\, or
    b) Create and edit the file C:\DirectOutput\DOFLinx_INI\DOFLinx.INI
Note: You can comment out lines by making the first character a hash ( # )

Your C:\DIrectOutput\DOFLinx_INI\DOFLinx.INI should contain;

DIRECTOUTPUTCONFIG=c:\DirectOutput\config\directoutputconfig.ini
PROCESSES=Pinball FX2,Future Pinball,VPinball_9_9_1
L_FLIPPER_OUTPUT=117
R_FLIPPER_OUTPUT=125
L_FLIPPER_KEY=A0
R_FLIPPER_KEY=A1
MAX_FLIPPER_ON=5000
RGB_OUTPUT=109
RGB_STYLE=RANDOM
RGB_TRIGGER=FLIPPER
RGB_MIN_TIME=1000
PATH_FX2=C:\DirectOutput\DOFLinx_FX2\
PATH_FX3=C:\DirectOutput\DOFLinx_FX3\

2 Setup Future Pinball
2.1 If you do not have a C:\FP\Scripts\ folder then create one
2.2 Copy C:\DirectOutput\DOFLinxDownload\DOFLinx.vbs to C:\FP\Scripts\DofLinx.vbs
2.3 Add the following to your C:\DirectOutput\DOFLinx_INI\DOFLinx.INI
Change the device / port to the device / port that your devices are connect to.
If you do not have specific devices then simply delete the line, or add a hash # to the front of it to comment it out.

FP_ATTEMPT_LINK=1
LINK_LF=117,50,10000,255
LINK_RF=125,50,10000,255
LINK_LS=118,50,500,255
LINK_RS=126,50,500,255
LINK_ML=127,50,500,255
LINK_MC=128,50,500,255
LINK_MR=129,50,500,255
LINK_BL=130,50,500,255
LINK_BC=131,50,500,255
LINK_BR=132,50,500,255
LINK_SH=115,1000,5000,255
LINK_GR=116,750,10000,255
LINK_KN=124,120,500,255
LINK_SR=217,ON,0,255
LINK_BK=218,ON,0,255
LINK_FLOL=201
LINK_FLIL=204
LINK_FLCN=207
LINK_FLIR=210
LINK_FLOR=213
LINK_ST=102,MONO
LINK_EB=101,MONO
LINK_CN=106,MONO
LINK_EX=104,MONO

The devices that make up the XX in the LINK_XX above are;

LF = Left flipper

RF = Right flipper

LS = Left slingshot

RS= Right slingshot

ML = Mid field left solenoid

MC = Mid field centre solenoid

MR = Mid field right solenoid

BL = Back left solenoid

BC = Back centre solenoid

BR = Back right solenoid

SH = Shaker motor

GR = Gear motor

KN = Knocker

FN = Fan

FLOL = Flasher outer left

FLIL = Flasher Inner Left

FLCN = Flasher Centre

FLOR = Flasher Outer Right

FLIR = Flasher Inner Right

SR = Strobe

BK = Beacon

ST = Start button

EB = Extra Ball button

EX = Exit button

CN = Coin button

LB = Launch Ball button

FR = Fire Button

2.4 Install a Future Pinball table with DOFLinx code.  You can search VP Forums and PinSimDB for DOFLinx enabled tables

3 Setup Pinball FX2 and FX3
3.1 Do nothing else (the LINK_xx) parameters in the Future Pinball section will take care of things), it is all setup!

4 Setup Visual Pinball (you only need to do this section if you are using, less than VPX tables, that don't have feedback coded and you want some)
4.1 Setup your front-end (ie PinballX) ‘Launch Before’ to message the TABLEFILE to DOFLinx, ie DOFLinxMsg GAME_FLAG_FILE=”[TABLEPATH]\[TABLEFILE]”
pinballxsetupvpflagfile0_t.png

4.2 Setup your front-end (ie PinabllX) ‘Launch After’ to clear the GAME_FLAG_FILE to DOFLinx, ie DOFLinxMsg GAME_FLAG_FILE=
See the above image ‘Launch After’ section.
4.3 For the table that you want some flipper force feedback and RGB active for (TABLEFILE.vpt) copy C:\DirectOutput\DOFLinxDownload\SampleGameFlagFile.DOFLinx to C:\VP\Tables\TABLEFILE.DOFLinx
Note: TABLEFILE is the first part of the file name of the VP9 table, and if you use it B2S file

5 Follow-up
5.1 Backup your configuration
5.2 Read the full guide and see what other interesting stuff you can do to enhance your experience with DOFLinx
5.3 Keep an eye out for new tables, FX3 full force feedback configuration files and version updates

Edited by DDH69, 18 July 2020 - 10:44 AM.

DOFLinx
Contributions for equipment to help with ongoing DOFLinx development can be made here

#2 Avi

Avi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

• Flag: Chile

• Favorite Pinball: Avengers

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:14 PM

great contributions

Edited by Avi, 21 November 2016 - 05:17 PM.

#3 stuz14

stuz14

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• Favorite Pinball: The Addams Family

Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:55 AM

I'm a noob and I am still having trouble getting my solenoids to work.

I have a SainSmart 8 and only want to use it with Future pinball, Visual pinball and with 8 solenoids.

The problem I am having is in step "2.3 Add the following to your C:\DirectOutput\DOFLinx_INI\DOFLinx.INI" as there is no folder "C:\DirectOutput\DOFLinx_INI\DOFLinx.INI" or am I missing something??

There are also a few other folders that Dont exist as well as I go through it.

Please forgive me if it is a dumb question.  :-)

Edited by stuz14, 29 January 2017 - 11:57 AM.

#4 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: M M

Posted 29 January 2017 - 01:25 PM

Do you have DOF R3 installed and running?

#5 stuz14

stuz14

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• Favorite Pinball: The Addams Family

Posted 29 January 2017 - 09:18 PM

No I have DOFLinx v4.22 downloaded

#6 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:23 PM

Take the time to read the Guide

#7 PAPERDJ

PAPERDJ

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

• Flag: Spain

• Favorite Pinball: FX2

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:41 PM

Hello Pinbal Friends!! :)

My Name is Jose, but all my friends call me PaPerDJ.

First of all, I want to Thank DDH69

Thank you so much for having the time to make the DOFLinx project grown in a very good one direction.

------------------------------

My Setup:

I decide to make a Special Setup, Modding my X-Arcade Dual Joystick, Suitting inside with 4 Solenoids (2+2 in different places and different size/effect) and 2 Vibration Motors (Different Sizes and Speed)

Why?

Well... I wish to make a Full Pinball Project, but I don't have enough room in my House to dedicate for this, so, I manage to dedicate a little place in my living room with a Good One Pivotable DELL 24" 1080P Monitor, witch I can use it Vertically or Horizontal as Needed, so I can play pinball games or Arcade Games (MAME Mainly)

If you wish, I can Upload some photos of the setup.

-----------------------------------------------

I have spent a lot of time reading a lot of Info about that, and finally I managed to install it correctly, reading your guide.

I have to say, I have failed several times till i read your post. Again, Thank You.

Maybe it will be perfect to make a MegaPost with all the steps and links to the software needed to have the whole think working properly, as I really spent a lot of time to find DOF3 (and still I have some kind of Beta Version). Is there any final DOF3 version or link to download?

My Goal was to Setup Just Our Favorite Pinball with DOFLinx (Pinball FX2) but in the way of this goal, I ended up setting up Future Pinball and Virtual Pinball wich I will dedicate some more time after setting up correctly Pinball FX2. (I saw some really beautifull real tables emulations)

As I have readed, it is more than recommended to setup a frontend for this, like Pinball X ??
Wich one do you recommend?

Anyway..... My problem right now, it's the Sainsmart 8 Relay Board.

Well.... It has really weird behaviors. I Will try to explain.

First of all, half of the times i get an error 43 from Windows 10 (Typical USB Unknown device Error 43 Message) Some kind of enumeration problem. Well... I manage to almost save this updating the drivers (and I have an Original Sainsmart Relay Board) Seem to be a pirated ones that tend to make this problems. Not my case, but strange behavior.

After that, I spent some time configuring the "DOFLinx.ini" to suit my Device (Just 8 Outputs)
At this moment, I just want the Feedback solenoids and bumpers/slingshots, plus 2 outputs for Strobe and Flashers. (Yes, I have to put the same Outputs for a lot of actions, but it works pretty well) (When it works)

Oh, and Regarding the "DOFLinx.ini" Once I realice how to work with it, it is fantastic and easy, but... Is there any place or post to check all the words and codes we can use??

Any example FULL "DOFLinx.ini" with all the possibilities?

And... Still... I don't understand pretty well how it works the "directoutputconfig.ini" 
It's bypassed? We use just the "DOFLinx.ini" for everything?

OK, Back to the problem.

Here is the BIG problem. The Sainsmart gets Hang or unresponsive and therebefore DOFLinx gets hungs and I can't even open de Debug Console, just to kill the process.

I can't access the Sainsmart again till I disconnects from USB, and reconnects it.

Sometimes it happends when big solenoids hit, sometimes a vibration motor gets on all the time because of the Sainsmart hanged, and sometimes I can spend at most half an Hour till this happends.

I have readed the Debugger log many times but nothing appears to be bad.

Another strange thing. I put the DOFLinx to Start automatically with windows but nothing happends. It is no active DOFLinx process, and I have other things in the same "Startup" windows folder wich are loading without any problem.

Finally.... sometimes, when I apply the current (12V 5A) to the toys connected to the relays of my Sainsmart device it gets hungs after a very short time. (I don't understand this because they are Isolated, and I use another 12V1A Power Source for the relays to self-switch without any problem)
Oh, and I have used DIODES connected in parallel to the Solenoids to prevent the inductance/flyback, Not with the Vibration Motors (Not really needed as readed)

Do you think I have a defective unit??

Im I doing well with this Setup?

This is really driveing me nuts, as Im very frustrated spending A LOT of time without success and because of this Im starting to lose my patience and my Illusions for this project.
I know sometimes it's hard to get all working OK, but I think this time I will need some help.

Thank you in advance, and I Apologice for such a big post.
(I have to Say, it costs me some time to write it as correct as i know in English Language)

And Again... Thank you!!!! ;)

Edited by PAPERDJ, 19 August 2017 - 09:46 PM.

#8 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,012 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:40 PM

PaPerDJ, welcome.

You have a lot of questions and that is good.  It sounds like you are doing most of the correct things.  The core problem is the SainSmart errors and lock up.  If you hardware or USB driver is hanging then DOFLinx is not going to work.  The DOFLinx debug log cannot tell you about hardware hanging.

I would suggest getting the SainSmart problem solved first.  Perhaps start a new thread for your hanging SainSmart and get some people here to suggest where to look and how to test.  Definitely include a wiring diagram of what you've done.

DOFLinx
Contributions for equipment to help with ongoing DOFLinx development can be made here

#9 PAPERDJ

PAPERDJ

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:18 PM

Hello!!!

Thank you for your answer.

Well, the fact is that all my config is OK, so I start my research about the relay board and I found the problem.

I have some basic electronics skills but I didn't realize how much inductive load can passthought the relay board from the solenoids and rumble motors.

And, THAT is THE PROBLEM.

The problem is while controlling inductive loads the relay board stops working ("get stucked", "freezed") and usually the only solution is to reconnect the USB cable. Usually this happens during the first several toggles but may occure in hours as well. (This is my case)

The fact is that such inductive loads may be:

Motors
Solenoids
Transformers
Big Power Relays
Contactors
Big lamps

The reason is that while switching ON/OFF, there is electromagnetic interference passed through the relay comming from the inductive load stright to the relay board interface chipset.

The solution of the problem is adding simple film capacitor (induction suppression capacitor) in paralell of the load. The purpose of this capacitor is to absorb the high voltages generated by inductive loads, blocking them from the contacts of the relays.

I have purchased 0.68uF (no polarity) but 0.47uF should be OK too.

One more think that works to solve partially this problem is to connect the relay board to an USB Hub, not directly to a Mainboard USB port, and also to put some ferrite (magnetic) rings to the USB Cable.

That solely solves most of the times this problems, (The USB HUB and use of Magnetic Rings in USB cables) but the main solution is to use the simple film capacitors (No Polarity Ones)

In my case, with just the USB Hub and the magnets it's not enough, but it is, most of the times.

So... I guess some other people with Sainsmart Relay boards will have to face this problem at any time.

That's why I want to give this information, so other people can save some time without frustrating so much as I do :)

If the community feels OK, I Will Try to Open a New Thread to help about this. (A cleaner One)
Something like.... "Setup For DOFLinx with Sainsmart Devices with problems"

To be continued ...

Edited by PAPERDJ, 23 August 2017 - 07:35 PM.

#10 PAPERDJ

PAPERDJ

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:32 PM

In the other hand...

Once I get DOFLinx working...

Can you help me with some of the other questions I inquiry the first time?

Where to get different versions of Direct Output R3 ??

I found and try this One: "DirectOutput_R3Beta_Build_5812.27024.zip" wich is working OK, but I think is has some little delay to act the realays.

And this other: DirectOutput_R3Beta2_Build_5818.37242.zip wich is directly missing some acts, stuttering and even acting out of time. (I think I have readed something about DOF sending too much commands so fast, and a way to slow down this)

Anyway... I spent a lot of time searching for this, and still i don't know if Im using the good one R3 DOF.

Can you give me some link to the last good one DOF R3 ??

Ohhh, and, what is this exactly means?

LINK_LF=117,50,10000, 255

117 is the Output for the Left Flipper, 50 ??? (Some Pre-Delay?), 10000 is the time to auto-deactivate, and 255?? (Wich I found out I have to put this to get all working OK) maybe intensity for LEDS or devices?

Thank you so much!!!

Edited by PAPERDJ, 23 August 2017 - 07:46 PM.

#11 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:55 PM

I too have never been able to put a shortcut into Windows 10 startup, DOFLinx will not start when it's set as administrator for me

I run a Sainsmart 8 Relay Board and I've never had any problems with it but I only have solenoids hooked up to it

Can you give me some link to the last good one DOF R3 ??

http://www.vpforums....=10#entry376124

LINK_LF=117,50,10000, 255 in the DOFLinx Guide.pdf  Page 9

Edited by Outhere, 23 August 2017 - 11:00 PM.

#12 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,012 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:01 PM

http://www.vpforums....showtopic=35852

There are really three versions of DOF R3.  For you any of them will work.  The post linked to in the DOFLinx guide in this forum is the first R3 and it will be fine for you (link above - sorry on a work machine and they have some of the nicer cut & paste stuff disabled so the best I can do).  The differences are with PinScape and Ultimate IO output boards, neither of which you have.  Rambo3 has built a combined version (again not that you need it), but it is really the DOF R3 with everything.

LINK_LF=117,50,10000,255

All in the guide, but to help out ...

LINK_LF - defining the left flipper for FP and FX2

117 - device 1, port 17

50 - default on time in milliseconds, if a link was to not specify an on time, or set a shorter on time that this, then this value is used.  That value is really dependant on your toy, if you turn some thing on / off to quickly, then the solenoid / contactor cannot "thump"

10000 - maximum on time in milliseconds

255 - the intensity of the output when triggered between 0 and 255.  For a SainSmart board only one value makes any sense and that is 255 - fully on.  A device partially on is relevant to Pinscape, LEDWiz, Ultimate IO, PACLed64

DOFLinx

#13 PAPERDJ

PAPERDJ

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 02:05 AM

Thank you all so much for taking the time to answer some questions.

I think now I can feel pretty confident using the DOFLinx code, witch is pretty easy to manage. Excellent Work!

Finally I got all the Setup Working with Pinball FX2, but, for some reason, i got a delay, stuttering when pressing buttons/acting relays when IN-Game use. If I use the testing program from the Sainsmart Relay Board or even the "Fake Emulator" mode in DOFLinx Debug Mode, the relays acts really quick, without any lag or missing some acts, stuttering and even acting out of time wich is happening when In-Game use.

There is somebody with this problem?

My hope is to finally get it working properly with Pinball FX2, wich is the only Pinball we really use and love :)

And... One more thing.

Is there a way to implement a TIMEOUT function like "MAX_FLIPPER_ON=6000" to the "KEY_TO_OUTPUT" toys?

In case things goes grong? to prevent solenoid get stuck a long time if assigned to some buttons/keys.
This could happend in rare but several cases, like FX2 being interrupted or force closed at some point.

Thank you!!

#14 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,012 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:23 AM

Regarding KEY_TO_OUTPUT= there is no timeout as the device is only activated while the key is pressed.  The only way this can fault is if you somehow crash DOFLinx while its got the output active, if this was the case a DOFLinx timeout would not work as the program has finished execution.  As such, it doesn't make much sense to enact this logic.

Delay, haven't heard that before.  Potentially a slow machine could cause this.  FX2 does require a fair bit of resource, DOFLinx requires very little.  If you can have a look at task manager to see your machine performance at the time of the issue.

One other thought, virus checkers (Windows Defender) have been reported to cause game play issues too.  I had this issue with VP ages ago.  I simply white listed the VP emulator EXE and DLLs, never had a problem since.  Of course, check if you're happy to do this before embarking on this path.

DOFLinx

#15 PAPERDJ

PAPERDJ

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:59 AM

OK, I will check out the windows defender and see what is happening. (Edited: I Found Out It was already Whitelisted time ago) (All the "Games" and "Pinball" Folders) But i have excluded now the "DirectOutput" Folder.

And, yes... it's pretty frustrating feeling all the Relays Acting choppy/laggy when in game, and super fast outside the game.

And... Regarding KEY_TO_OUTPUT with no timeout.

I found Out a case in Pinball FX2 when this behavior occurs.

If you end a game whith the flippers activated, When Pinball FX2 enters the Score Screen you have no more control over it, and then, they stop acting thanks to the Timeout specified in "LINK_LF=107,50,10000,255" (for example)

This is why I care about any other toy in the same situation, other than flippers (If specified in KEY_TO_OUTPUT)

All of this using the Game Pinball FX2 without any frontend. (We like to see the highscore tables among other tings)
(Lot of competitivity with my Wife :D hehehe)

And about my machine; It's Old, but I think very capable.

ASUS P5Q Pro Mainboard
Core2Quad Q9300 CPU
8Gb DDR2 RAM
SanDisk 256GB SSD (OS)
Toshiba 1TB 2,5 HDD (Games and Media)

ATI RADEON R9 270 4GB Graphics Card.

This should be OK? 

Im gonna Install Pinball FX2 in the SSD to see what happends.

Thank you!!!

Edited by PAPERDJ, 30 August 2017 - 12:05 PM.

#16 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,012 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:48 PM

I'll be interested to here how your SSD change turns out.  I trust you do not have DOFLinx debug turned on when you experience the choppiness.  The logging can impact regular performance.

Regarding flippers and KEY_TO_OUTPUT.  Flippers monitoring in FX2 stops when FX2 enters scoremode, so yes the max time is relevant.  For KEY_TO_OUPUT, that is a keyboard monitoring task, not a FX2 memory triggered command, as such changes in mode of FX2 do not impact monitoring of key down / up.

DOFLinx

#17 PAPERDJ

PAPERDJ

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:34 PM

Finally I get the DOFLinx Heaven!!!

Just to get the game in the Same Drive (SSD) as the DOFLinx Stuff and all is working in perfect sync!! :D

Seems that is a big impact on having the games and DOFLinx in different drives...

Thank you for all your comments and help!!

Edited by PAPERDJ, 30 August 2017 - 02:34 PM.

#18 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,012 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:35 PM

Great news

DOFLinx

#19 PAPERDJ

PAPERDJ

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:33 AM

Yes.... now Im really addicted to DOFLinx :D 

I can't play anymore without the instant feedback of the solenoids and gadgets!

( The MAIN solution of the problems with SAINSMART Relay Board is adding simple film capacitor (induction suppression capacitor) in paralell of the load ) Very Cheap.
Also, this prolonges the lifespan of the relay board.

So, anybody experiencing connectivity issues, should do this on the first place. Also, it is REALLY needed to place the DOFLinx and the Games in the SAME DRIVE to avoid choppiness, stuttering or any kind of lag.

Now, I have purchased a kind of clone of Sainsmart Relay Board, but a little Updated, and for about just 12$ to use more gadgets/lights.
If it is working OK I will report back and post the link (If it is permitted) so we can ADD it to the supported devices list.

Ohhh, and... a question...

Is it normal behavior to stay the DOFLinx app in the taskbar like a normal window?? (But kind of minimiced) with DEBUF off ??
Will be great to stay like a normal Tray Icon app, instead of normal app running.
(Even the ability to enable/disable debug and FakeEmu from the icon will be a great addon)

As always..... Thank you All !!!! ;)

Edited by PAPERDJ, 13 September 2017 - 11:39 AM.

#20 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,012 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:03 PM

Glad to hear its adding to your enjoyment.

Yes it is normal to see DOFLinx in the taskbar. DOFLinx is always running as a normal window. When not in debug mode the window is transparent, so you can't see it but its still there. I thought about moving to the systray at one stage, but honestly didn't see the value.
DOFLinx

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DOFLinx