DOFLinx can be downloaded here
The Direct Output Framework R3++ beta can be downloaded here
What is DOFLinx?
DOFLinx is a utility to provide a bit of extra force feedback functionality in your pinball cabinet. It uses the great DOF by Swisslizard to connect to PacLed64, LedWiz, SainSmart, Pinscape, PinConrol1, PinControl2 and Ultimate IO devices. It can run up to 9 logical devices, more than I’ve seen anyone with so far! It cam also drive XBox controller rumble motors, allow for a full cabinet setting menu that controls hardware, add nudge to Pinball FX, add DOF to FP, and so much more.
Knowing what DOFLinx does can be a bit confusing as DOFLinx can be used in essentially three different ways. These methods can be inter-mixed, and even at the same time as you get more and more complex configurations. A quick overview of those is below.
- This mode requires no feedback / link / change from your emulator.
- DOFLinx activates when your nominated emulator start (ie Pinball FX2, FP, VP, etc) and monitors for when you press your flipper keys. When you press those keys it fires your flipper solenoids.
- You can assign keys to activate other outputs (ie nudge key to set the under cabinet red and give the shaker a run)
- RGB devices can be set to add colour in a variety of patterns, triggered by various events
- Game flag files can be used to enable DOFLinx for only certain tables, so if you are using VP9 for example where many tables are DOF’ed, set this up and get flippers plus some colour easily for those non-DOF’ed tables.
- Programs, batch files and VB Script can send messages to DOFLinx at any time to activate a device or RGB item
- This is done via a named pipe, one method of inter-process communication
- Using this functionality is only limited by your imagination
- Parameters can be set using the DOFLInxMsg utility in real time for such things as ‘Launch Before’ and ‘Launch After’ changes from your favourite front-end
- In this mode, FP tables with DOFLinx code can control your toys and lighting from the table script
- DOFLinx established bi-directional real-time communication with FP
- This does not require a modified version of FP
- All FP versions should work, three different ones were used during development
- FX2 and FX3 tables with FX2 memory map files will provide full force feedback
- FX2 and FX3 tables can have force feedback actions scripted using similar script used for FP above, or simply enjoy the default scripts provided
Remember, all three methods can be used in the one configuration. As a suggestion, start simple and build up from there. A full guide exists in the download and should help make things clearer.
- Find the folder on your system containing DOF, ie C:\DirectOutput. It will be the folder with DirectOutput.dll, ledwiz.dll, ftd2xx.dll, pacdrive.dll in it.
- Unpack the DOFLinx Vx.x.zip into this folder.
- Edit the supplied DOFLinx.INI or create your own for your setup.
Basic FP Table Linking
- Ensure you have “Future Pinball” as one of your processes, ie “PROCESSES=Pinball FX2,Pinball FX3,Future Pinball” in your DOFLinx.INI file.
- Add the parameter FP_ATTEMPT_LINK=1 to your DOFLinx.INI file
- Setup all of your LINK_xx= parameters where xx=LF,RF,LS,RS,ML,MC,MR,BL,BC,BR,SH,GR,KN,ST,EB,CN,EX,LB,FN.SR,BK
- Add DOFLinx.vbs to your FP scripts folder. If your folder structure was C:\FP\Tables then this folder would be C:\FP\Scripts.
- Run your DOF’ed FP table.
Edited by DDH69, 12 May 2019 - 06:20 AM.