Photo
- - - - -

B2S server is totally jacked up. How to remove all trace of it.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wrd1972

wrd1972

Authoring Padawan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 2,230 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:01 AM

Without going into details...I think my B2s server is hosed and I want to remove all traces of it. So how does one remove every trace of B2S server to prepare for a new install? Are there files in other places besides the "tables" folder?

Bill

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.

#2 forchia

forchia

Neophyte

• Platinum Supporter
  • 2 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family

Posted 14 July 2016 - 01:40 PM

Hey Bill,

I had a similar problem, see below how I get of rid of B2S.
Deleting the B2S files from the "tables" folder did not suffice (there are "leftovers" that prevent VPX tables to run properly - at least so it was in my specific case)
The short story: I wanted just a standard VP8+9+X setup in order to play tables with VPinMame Only (NO B2S)

==========================================================
System: Windows 7 32bit
VP version originally installed: VPXsetup10.0.0.zip (21MB circa, the "full" setup that installs VP8+VP9+VPX+B2S)
==========================================================

==============================================================
Detailed guide 

1) Control Panel => Uninstall a Program => Visual Pinball
2) Delete the folder "C:\Program Files\Visual Pinball"
3) Start => Run... => regedit.exe
4) Search for "B2S" and remove all registry entries (be careful and delete "B2S" related entries only! If other entries are delete, system could potentially become unstable / unbootable)
5) Install VP9 (full install - VPinball991_Full.zip)
6) (optional) copy into "C:\Program Files\Visual Pinball" also the executable for VP8 (VPinball_8.1.exe)
7) Install VPX minimal (unzip "VPinballX_Minimal.zip" content in "C:\Program Files\Visual Pinball"). Just to be on the safe side, rename the following two files (otherwise overwritten by VPX files):  FreeImage.dll + RegistryKeysORI.txt (e.g. FreeImage.old + RegistryKeysORI.old)
8) Install VPinMame + roms
9) (optional) In "C:\Program Files\Visual Pinball\User" create a file "Controller.txt", with the following content:

forcedisableB2S=1
UseDOFcontactors=0
UseDOFKnocker=0
UseDOFChimes=0
UseDOFBell=0
UseDOFGear=0
UseDOFShaker=0

10) unzip any tables (VP8+9+VPx) into the tables folder, and play using the proper VP executable (8+9+X, according to the table version)

Hope it'll be useful for other users as well, thus I cannot guarantee it will work 100% for you or other users

Cheers
Tomaso

Last longing Pinball addict...

pf5small.png

#3 wrd1972

wrd1972

Authoring Padawan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 2,230 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:55 PM

Since this was a good while back, I cant recall how I fixed it. Might have been the need to re-run server registerapp anytime the files are moved to a new folder. I did learn that the time consuming way.

Thanks.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.

#4 arngrim

arngrim

DJ Force Feedback

• VIP
  • 2,188 posts

• Flag: Belgium

• Favorite Pinball: Monster bash

Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:17 PM

forcedisable can stay 0, will stay at vpinmame controller if b2s.server is not installed, only needed to deviate from b2s.server if it is installed

#5 tttttwii

tttttwii

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 300 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars

Posted 15 July 2016 - 06:01 AM

Same for me. I am loosing fps during gameplay, while B2S is on. If I disable B2S everything is running fine with maximum FPS. I already reinstalled/reregistered the B2S server and also renewed  .net 4.0 and directx. No effect. The setting of my GTX970 are fine. Anyone can help me?

#6 zorb34

zorb34

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Spiderman

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:43 AM

I am so glad to have found this thread today! I've been going nuts trying to workout why my vpx tables are throwing up "unspecified object error.." messages relating to the B2S and often not displaying the DMD, while my vp9 tables are all working fine.

I found just changing forcedisableB2S= from 0 to 1 has provided a quick fix. But as a full-screen, single, non-rotated monitor user I see the logic in removing B2S completely and installing VP exes manually, tailored to what one needs. However it sort of defeats the purpose of an easy, one step installation process for noobs like myself.  Clearly I have done something since initial installation to create the problem, as my vpx tables were working well originally. Regardless many thanks to those posters above for this thread.