• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 bassgeige

bassgeige

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 409 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Enjoyed on a regular basis.

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:15 AM

Posted Image

File Name: Tales of the Arabian Nights (Williams 1996)

File Submitter: bassgeige

File Submitted: 28 Jul 2015

File Category: dB2S Animated Backglasses

Author(s): bassgeige
chriz99 (backglass picture)
Sax (3rd screen dmd test and the solution idea to delete it.)
Manufacturer: Williams
Year: 1996

Fantasy dB2S. 2, 3 screen and grill animation possibility with the fantasy mode depending to the used version.

Please write your feedback into the corresponding forum.
http://www.vpforums....=2

Click here to download this file

#2 bassgeige

bassgeige

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 409 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 02:48 PM

Please update to version 1.5. (Bad pixels fixed.)

#3 bassgeige

bassgeige

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 409 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 12:45 PM

With a little bit spare time on my hand I took this possibility to go for the possible maximum. I can only highly recommend to update to the 1.6 version. I see it as a 99.9% done release.

Best looking, best playability. (Few remaining tasks for a 100% 1.7 release. Another cleanup for the logo. One small insignificant pixel correction. More hours playtime with the latest VP and TOTAN table release.) :-)

Have fun! :)

:yahoo:

#4 STAT

STAT

Pinball and Arcade Freak

• VIP
  • 4,970 posts

• Flag: Austria

• Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:09 PM

Please, the Maingirl isnt naked ;)

Edited by STAT, 19 October 2015 - 02:09 PM.

#5 bassgeige

bassgeige

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 409 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:37 PM

lol, Herweh's backglass designer does allow it. :D

#6 Natetaco

Natetaco

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Tales of the Arabian Nights, Indiana Jones,, XMen, Apollo13, Batman the Dark Knight, The Walking Dead

Posted 08 November 2015 - 02:21 PM

Nice backglass love the fantasy version, but the Williams score box and the backglass load after the dmd loads, leaving the dmd behind the score box. I can alt+tab or f5 twice and the dmd will appear. Restarting the table it does the same thing. How do I get the dmd to load last and keep it above the Williams score box? Thanks for the wonderful backglass.

#7 BobAlbright

BobAlbright

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 2,294 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars

Posted 08 November 2015 - 03:08 PM

Stat--at least her titties light up! :).  Thanks again for the BG, Bass

"and in the end , the love you take is equal to the love you make"

#8 bassgeige

bassgeige

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 409 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:06 PM

Nice backglass love the fantasy version, but the Williams score box and the backglass load after the dmd loads, leaving the dmd behind the score box. I can alt+tab or f5 twice and the dmd will appear. Restarting the table it does the same thing. How do I get the dmd to load last and keep it above the Williams score box? Thanks for the wonderful backglass.

Here you can see the dB2S options and the corresponding pictures. Every selection stays once choosen for the next start up. Depending where your files are, you maybe need to run the program as administrator to be able to save your choice.

dB2S without grill.

Attached File  no grill.PNG   103.18KB   12 downloads

DMD and Grill

Attached File  dmd and grill.PNG   1.34MB   11 downloads

b2sdmd and grill (In case you like this version you need to ask a three screen user how to proceed.)

My idea was to give three screen users also the possibility to have animations in the formddmd/ b2sdmd.)

Attached File  b2sdmd and grill.PNG   1.32MB   9 downloads

(You can see it also in the alt and tab mode)

Attached File  form dmd alt and tab.png   361.44KB   8 downloads

Attached File  alt and tab.PNG   204.22KB   7 downloads

I hope I was able to answer your question.

Thank you very much for your positive feedback, I am very glad that you like the backglass! :-)

:)

Stat--at least her titties light up! :).  Thanks again for the BG, Bass

My intention was to try a small dance animation. I hope it is visible. Therefore the Tales of the Arabian Nights are at least a little bit performed. :band:

#9 Natetaco

Natetaco

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Tales of the Arabian Nights, Indiana Jones,, XMen, Apollo13, Batman the Dark Knight, The Walking Dead

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:40 PM

Thanks for the quick response. Yes I am running 3 screens, thought you were too, given how great this backglass looks on both the 2nd and 3rd screens. Really like the williams score box that is diplayed on the 3rd screen. The problem is the third screen, the dmd is displayed first then the "Williams score box" is then displayed covering up the dmd. Changing options does work but gets rid of the Williams score box, which looks great on the 3rd screen. Alt+tab or f5 twice is the only way the dmd will display correctly on the 3rd screen with the Williams score box. Thanks for trying to help. Keep up the awesome backglasses!

Are there any 3 screen users able to get it running on 3 screens correctly? (Without alt+tab or f5) If so how? Thanks.

Edited by Natetaco, 08 November 2015 - 04:58 PM.

#10 bassgeige

bassgeige

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 409 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:53 PM

I would like to help, but the only other two three screen dB2S backglasses where I used this feature are all without a dmd on the third screen.

http://www.vpforums....&showfile=11312

http://www.vpforums....&showfile=11259

I really hope someone with three screens can help. My idea in TOTAN and the understanding about the three screen mode was always like this should be possible.

I will check if i can set the third screen as default screen in the dB2S. The only thing I maybe can do.

Edited by bassgeige, 08 November 2015 - 04:59 PM.

#11 bassgeige

bassgeige

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 409 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 05:10 PM

Thanks for the quick response. Yes I am running 3 screens, thought you were too, given how great this backglass looks on both the 2nd and 3rd screens. Really like the williams score box that is diplayed on the 3rd screen. The problem is the third screen, the dmd is displayed first then the "Williams score box" is then displayed covering up the dmd. Changing options does work but gets rid of the Williams score box, which looks great on the 3rd screen. Alt+tab or f5 twice is the only way the dmd will display correctly on the 3rd screen with the Williams score box. Thanks for trying to help. Keep up the awesome backglasses!

Are there any 3 screen users able to get it running on 3 screens correctly? (Without alt+tab or f5) If so how? Thanks.

I included a default dmd location. Please try the new version which is uploaded in a few minutes. Thanks.

http://www.vpforums....&showfile=11214

Edited by bassgeige, 08 November 2015 - 05:15 PM.

#12 Natetaco

Natetaco

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 05:20 PM

I edited my last post, because the dmd will show on a certain setting. Have both of those backglasses and they work great. They display like they should on my 3rd screen. The backglass works fine with the options,hidden, hidden, visible, but loses the Williams logo and score box, which I was hoping to keep on my third screen. I usually run my settings as standard, standard, visible, and this allows the 3rd screen to display everything as it should. On this db2s however the score box always covers the dmd. Basically I am trying to find out if there a way to make the dmd always on top. Thanks Bassgeige look forward to more of your very original color backglasses. Totan is unbelievably awesome! And tales from the crypt is just super! Please keep up the awesome work. Going to go back and download all your backglasses and give them a try. Wish you had 3 screens. Thank you so much.

Just saw your post man you're fast will try and let you know. Thanks again.

Edited by Natetaco, 08 November 2015 - 05:23 PM.

#13 Natetaco

Natetaco

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 06:02 PM

Tried the default dmd. No luck. Does the same thing. On my setup it displays the table (screen 1) and dmd (screen 3) at the same time, then the backglass (screen 2) with Williams score box (screen 3) next, which covers the dmd. Is there a way to make the db2s recall the dmd back to the top? Apollo 13 backglass is very similar but seems to recall the dmd after all is displayed. Thanks for the help. Sorry to be a pain will just use f5 for now. Thanks.

Edited by Natetaco, 08 November 2015 - 11:06 PM.

#14 bassgeige

bassgeige

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 409 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 06:16 PM

I appreciate your feedback very much! I will have a look to Apollo 13. I am sure that there will be a solution. (It can also be that we encountered a new challenge which beforehand was not seen.) It will be interesting to see what other three screen users experience.

#15 bassgeige

bassgeige

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 409 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 06:52 PM

I have an idea. I cannot say if it will work but I am confident. I will try to upload a new version today incase the idea works.

#16 Natetaco

Natetaco

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:27 PM

No thank you for such interesting backglasses, please keep them coming, I really like them. The Apollo backglass I use was one icpjuggla gave me, as I could not find it searching the forum. Stat has an amazing backglass of Apollo 13 just not sure if it loads the same. If I can find the icps backglass I use I will point you to it. Thanks a lot for your help.

#17 bassgeige

bassgeige

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 409 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:33 PM

The idea I had is not supported. I did a quick search in the internet. The focus problem was more often discussed for various backglasses. (Solutions mentioned were f3 key or different compatibility settings. I am a bit sceptical about the solutions and can not test them myself.) Sorry, I am most probably unable to solve it, as it is beyond my control. I will look at your icps backglass. Every other Apollo 13 backglass I checked back for a solution without success. Maybe there is a VPinMame timer which can load up the dmd slower or an alternative focus setting.

Edited by bassgeige, 08 November 2015 - 07:57 PM.

#18 Natetaco

Natetaco

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:42 PM

That's OK thanks for trying. If I find a solution I will post it here. Sorry to waste so much of your time, just wanted to keep the williams logo and scorebox on my 3rd screen, but it works fine if I just hide it. Again thanks for the awesome backglasses. Hope you continue with the color mods.

#19 bassgeige

bassgeige

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 409 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:48 PM

Please do not give up, I am 100% sure there is a solution. This forum is the ideal place to find a solution. And you did not waste my time. My interest is that the backglass works and therefore it is my own interest that each feedback is best possible investigated.

Thank you again! :)

#20 Ben Logan

Ben Logan

Pinball Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: System 11

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:55 PM

Bassgeige - Such a beautiful fantasy backglass! It's like Christmastime in the Castro. So colorful and fun. Amazingly creative. Thanks!