• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#1 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,424 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:57 AM

Posted Image

File Name: JP's Pokémon Pinball

File Submitter: jpsalas

File Submitted: 27 Aug 2016

File Category: VPX Originals

Author(s): jpsalas
Permission to MOD?: Yes, without approval

This is an original table, with the layout similar to Stern Kiss.

Read the included manual for an explanation about the rules. In short, the goal of the game is to achieve the highest score by catching Pokémon.
Hatching eggs and catching Pokémon give the highest scores (and bonus). You'll get plenty of extra modes, with multiballs, combos, jackpots, and coins to upgrade your ball.

The version 4 includes the FlexDMD code to run when using a cabinet. If you want to use FlexDMD in desktop mode just change the False with True in the line 30.
This version 4 plays under VPX7, and includes my latest physics for VPX7.

I made the table for a friend from work who is a real fan of Pokémon, and now of Pokékom Go (actually it was for his son, as he said, yeah right ;) ). I didn't knew anything about Pokémon, and I don't play Pokémon Go either, but this is what I could for him :) I have only added the first 151 Pokémon, can you cach'em all?

Greetings
JP

Click here to download this file

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#2 akiles50000

akiles50000

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,075 posts

• Flag: Spain

• Favorite Pinball: Ali

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:42 AM

Thanks Juan very funny.

#3 laylow

laylow

VP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

• Flag: Netherlands

• Favorite Pinball: 1978 >

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:45 AM

Thanks JP, a true surprise this weekend, trying it out this morning.

Edit: Just played, it's awesome, such smooth gameplay again, a real beauty!!

Sent from mTalk

Edited by laylow, 27 August 2016 - 11:32 AM.

#4 zany

zany

3D Beer Drinker

• VIP
  • 1,644 posts

• Flag: Sweden

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:05 PM

REALLY fun table.....thanx JP! :D
My best so far is 105.410.484! :D

#5 akiles50000

akiles50000

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,075 posts

• Flag: Spain

• Favorite Pinball: Ali

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:11 PM

Juan if you want add this music of Pokemon to the table,it,s perfect for that table:

http://www.mediafire...deoplayback.rar

Edited by akiles50000, 27 August 2016 - 01:16 PM.

#6 bolt

bolt

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,031 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:24 PM

Thank you so much JP, my son and I love this table.

Posted Image

#7 Umpa

Umpa

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 737 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: AC/DC

Posted 27 August 2016 - 02:15 PM

That looks great! I do pokemon go with my kids so this is definitely going on my table! Thank you!

#8 zany

zany

3D Beer Drinker

• VIP
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 02:17 PM

I increased my best to 981.819.095
:D

#9 clyde

clyde

Pinball Fan

• Gold Supporter
  • 615 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 27 August 2016 - 02:52 PM

Great looking table JP, any idea why my side rails look this way? I am using version 10.1

http://vpforums.org/...42e19116ec6.jpg

Edited by clyde, 27 August 2016 - 02:56 PM.

#10 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,424 posts

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:11 PM

Juan if you want add this music of Pokemon to the table,it,s perfect for that table:

http://www.mediafire...deoplayback.rar

Thanks for the song I'll take a look at it, but remember I'm more of a power metal fan :)

Great looking table JP, any idea why my side rails look this way? I am using version 10.1

http://vpforums.org/...42e19116ec6.jpg

I have never seen anything like this before. But try to limit the size of the images. Not that the ones I have used are very big, but mostly to see if it helps. Another thing you can try is to run the table with F6 and change the view angle, and see if they appear normal. I guess this is a problem with the driver or the graphic card.

And to the rest of you: thanks for playing the table and don't forget to report any error you may find. I have tested the table quite a bit, but you never know :)

I think the layout of the table is quite good, it is the Kiss table from Stern. I saw some videos in youtube and I liked the ball flow, so I thought I should use that layout. I also like that it has some difficult shots, like to shoot the eggs zone or the loops. I dropped the skillshot, since I wanted to make the goal of the table to catch Pokémon, which isn't so easy :) I think it is fun table, when the multiballs start, and some other modes start, and you upgrade the ball and the scores got to the roof :)

JP

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#11 zany

zany

3D Beer Drinker

• VIP
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:58 PM

I've played it about 50 times now, and still no errors or other issues.
I also have to say...that this table is the absolut best original i've ever played!
Very well don JP! :D

#12 tictox

tictox

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

• Flag: South Africa

• Favorite Pinball: space

Posted 27 August 2016 - 04:20 PM

Great table ;) You are correct the shots are tight on this one, I will need to practice it a bit.

I think I had some text overlaying in the DMD , not sure if  that was the intended ??  I will check again next time I play if you need more details.

Thanks, I'm sure your friend was happy to get this 

#13 randr

randr

I'm just a hardware guy so...

• VIP
  • 2,650 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 27 August 2016 - 04:27 PM

Wow! Timely release with all the Pokemon stuff. JP that's why your the best! Have not tried it yet but looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

randr___pinball.png                         

#14 gigalula

gigalula

Hummmm not sure yet :)

• Platinum Supporter
  • 651 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: All of them from 70' to now. Even more with VP and FP :)

Posted 27 August 2016 - 04:31 PM

Thanks...  Another great table signed JPs added to my cab  :dblthumb:  :love39:  :otvclap:

Same for me arround 30 games no crash nothing to say so far this table run perfectly ...

DMD look fantastic, I only wish we could be able to move the DMD to a second or third screen... Maybe in a future version of VPX .... :)

#15 zany

zany

3D Beer Drinker

• VIP
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 04:53 PM

Another score to beat: 3.422.151.036
:D

#16 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,424 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:03 PM

Great table ;) You are correct the shots are tight on this one, I will need to practice it a bit.

I think I had some text overlaying in the DMD , not sure if  that was the intended ??  I will check again next time I play if you need more details.

Thanks, I'm sure your friend was happy to get this 

Yes, sometimes the text will overlay the image, there are a lot of things going on at the same time, so I think I forgot to flush the DMD queue in some places, but it should not disturb the game.

Thanks...  Another great table signed JPs added to my cab  :dblthumb:  :love39:  :otvclap:

Same for me arround 30 games no crash nothing to say so far this table run perfectly ...

DMD look fantastic, I only wish we could be able to move the DMD to a second or third screen... Maybe in a future version of VPX .... :)

I wanted to use the UltraDMD to make it easy to move to another screen, but I don't like so much to have a lot of images in a folder. I prefer to pack everything in the table, music and dmd included :) But there are plans to make VPX to use several screens, let's hope fuzzel and toxie find an easy way to do it.

I've played it about 50 times now, and still no errors or other issues.
I also have to say...that this table is the absolut best original i've ever played!
Very well don JP! :D

Thanks :) I enjoy playing this table. I think it is quite a challenge to catch the Pokémon :) (but now I can't get the music out of my head, hahaha)

Edited by jpsalas, 27 August 2016 - 05:04 PM.

vp.jpg

#17 clyde

clyde

Pinball Fan

• Gold Supporter
  • 615 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:06 PM

Thanks JP, I got to looking around & had the software vertex processing box checked & i unchecked it & all is well now.

http://vpforums.org/...8-27_124031.jpg

#18 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,424 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:16 PM

Thanks JP, I got to looking around & had the software vertex processing box checked & i unchecked it & all is well now.

http://vpforums.org/...8-27_124031.jpg

Nice that you got it working :)

vp.jpg

#19 Les73gTx

Les73gTx

Preschooler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Power Play, BoP, JackBot, MM, AFM, CV, MB,Champions Pub, CftBL, ToM, and Many More

• PS3 Gamer Tag: LCT0819, Les73gtx
  • 360 Gamer Tag: PissPoorShot

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:09 PM

Great work as always and the kids love it .... hahaha I am the biggest kid in this house ... caught the wife playing it also. Great work. Thank you for all your releases, sorry it is not often I get time to post mine and my families appreciation 

les73gtx___atomicpin-pc.png

#20 zany

zany

3D Beer Drinker

• VIP
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:51 PM

JP...some minor things, when it is game over....is it possible to show the score you got directly?
The other thing.....sometimes when you get those crazy multiballs....the auto plunger stops launching the balls.....they just sits in the ball shooter lane.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dt, pokemon