Tucson77

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Williams

Posted 01 May 2024 - 04:22 PM

Hello. I have many many tables that work fine with Visual Pinball 991 (or 912 sometimes) and latest Vpinmame 2.5.

I notice sometimes that on some table, example Black Knight 2000, the score is displayed with letters, as AE520, A14ç880 ...

there is many flavour of A with different accents, so unusable to have a real score.

With my understanding, i suspect that the cause can be a regional parameter, but i do not found one in the table or script or vpinmame.

The majority of table work fine, so have you an idea why Black Knight 2000 has such a score ?  (BlackKnight2000_Beta5.vpt)

Thank's

#2 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,455 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 01 May 2024 - 05:03 PM

You are missing the Williams fonts.

From the menu Getting Started, at the right on Essential Files, download the VP Fonts.

Unzip the fonts and install the Williams fonts, there are two of them, normal and wide.

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#3 Tucson77

Tucson77

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 May 2024 - 02:29 PM

Many thank's for the reply. I downloaded the VP Fonts, unzip and there is only one williams font in the zip, named williamsfontwide.ttf. i tranfered it in c:\windows\Font, BK2000 has again text with bad characters. example 7à020.

you say two font : what is the normal one name ?

(i continue searching about williams fonts)

#4 kiwi

kiwi

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 2,524 posts

• Flag: Italy

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek 25th Anniversary

Posted 05 May 2024 - 05:48 PM

... and latest Vpinmame 2.5.

Maybe you wrote it wrong or maybe you don't have the latest version, if you don't have the latest version try updating it.

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11571

#5 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,455 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 05 May 2024 - 06:39 PM

There are two Williams fonts in the vp fonts zip file:

Pinball.ttf is the normal Williams font
and
williamsfontwide.ttf is the wide one

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#6 Tucson77

Tucson77

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2024 - 04:58 PM

Many thank's for the replies.

i have found the culprit : i see this on another pinball : score = score + chr(192) in the script. That's it. i suppress chr(192) and all is ok.

I do not understand the utility of chr(192) to chr(201) to map something, but without these artefacts, Black Knight 2000 and Castlevania (the other one) is ok !!!!!!!

Have nice plays !

**SOLVED**